It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kappa Sigma Question

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Anyone know what the AEKAB.

As for one of their other symbols, an upside down black pentagram (found in Masonry), a Crescent moon (also found in masonry) and the infamous Skull and Cross Bones (Also found in masonry among other places)

I think it's very interesting. Very sinister looking aswell.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Like this:

Its reminiscent of the Shriners symbol, the star is similar to the OES symbol too. Is this a greek frat in alliance with masonry perhaps?

The Skull and Bones frat at Yale is not associated with masonry, and the use of a skull and bones doesn't mean that KE is associated with the yale frat.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Everything is connected.

cgi.ebay.com...
cgi.ebay.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I know what it means, since I'm a brother.

Figuring out what all of the stuff on the crest is isn't that hard, if you do the research on the symbols.

Honestly though, there's sort of a code of ethics on here where we don't blab about rituals. I mean, it's not offical, but no one goes on and on about what each society has, at least not publicly.

I mean, I know PiKA, ADPi, and SAE's grips. I don't know the shakes, just the grips. Doesn't mean I'll share that info with anyone.

Mason's and Kappa Sigma are really really similar, the rituals I mean, mainly because one of our brothers, Stephen Alonzo Jackson, was a mason and borrowed (some say blatantly ripped off) much of what he knew from his initiation.

The best part about this stuff is that even if you know what the initial is, what the letters are, and everything else, until you know the context, they really serve little use.

Anyway, you're not going to find out what they mean from a 'Sig, unless he's disgruntled. And even then, odds are he's since forgotten what they mean.

A.E.K.D.B.

-The O

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Actually, the Skull and Bones thing is really pretty cool, neat, and basic when you look at it really. I don't know if it's similar in masonry or not, but it's not "sinister" or anything.

We're not associated with Skull and Bones, or Masons, other than that one of our brothers who really fleshed out our ritual was a mason (mentioned above), and borrowed heavily from what he went through in is Masonic ritual.

There are some other threads on here with a good explanation of the similarities between the 'Sigs and the masons. A person who is a Mason and a 'Sig testifies to just how similar, and not, they truly are.

As I said though, a ritual is just that, a ritual, there are far more secrets outside of that people will have a hard time figuring out.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by soundaddicted
cgi.ebay.com...
cgi.ebay.com...

Dude, thats just a ring on ebay. We don't know who even made it or for what purpose. It doesn't even make sense, snb isn't a masonic association, and the 'unfinished pyramid' motiff seems like its just taken out of pop conspiracy culture. That ring is nothing more than what it is, a ring. Its not proof of some connection between masonry and snb, nor evidence that everyone that is successful is in a secret society.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Anyone ever actually been to the Skull and Bones? First there's all kinds of Masonic references in the statues and the court yard but more importantly the place looks like a Crypt.

A fitting appearance for the Order of Death.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
AEKDB = [removed by request]

[edit on 10-5-2007 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm a disaffiliated brother from Arkansas, so I know plenty about the Kappa Sig ritual. (I got kicked out of the chapter because I didn't pay dues, which is bull) AEKDB means "The brotherhood shall never be broken"

Any other questions?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomsidekick
I'm a disaffiliated brother from Arkansas, so I know plenty about the Kappa Sig ritual. (I got kicked out of the chapter because I didn't pay dues, which is bull)
Any other questions?

Yes. Why do you think it's "bull" for them to expell you for NOT paying dues to an organization that REQUIRES it's members to pay dues? (as MOST groups do, be they fraternities, clubs, professional organizations, etc.)

Just curious.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by Appak]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I am currently a Kappa Sigma in Tennessee and let me say that I would also expell you from the chapter. It's "brothers" like you that make it difficult to keep a chapter financially afloat. It is also difficult to keep our secrets with morons like you whom we have trusted going around spreading them...I hate that. Ugh.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I never saw anything come from the dues I paid. Our chapter was doing fine financially. It was a bunch of spoiled rich kids. None of them cared about it though. I was one of the only ones that dedicated any time to learning that ritual, so screw them.

BAKED

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
you still should uphold your oath, randomsidekick.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
i thought aekdb meant "adelphia et kardia du bois" something like brotherhood from the heart, or brotherhood of the heart. but im not a K-Sig so I wouldnt know.
I am very interested in learning various Fraternity rituals and studying there symbolism and conveyance of their message. I am a Brother of the Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity, if anyone would like to discuss ritual via U2U or email, I am willing to do so.

Peace,
Chris

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Also, a skull and bones is there to remind the college student of his own mortality. This is a common symbol in many fraternity rituals. Also it can hark back to the 'death' oaths one takes not to reveal the secrets of his order. But in the case of Kappa Sigma I believe the swords play that role on the badge. To remind the brother that his oath is to be taken seriously, so as to protect his order. While I believe sharing such info for the purpose of personal knowledge and learning is ok. I think it is there more to make sure that people who cannot handle the information abuse it and try to pose as a brother. Such a stupid thing to do.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This thread needs to be removed immediately.

Never have I ever seen this horrid abuse of privliged information.
I hope all of you who are brothers and are running your mouths get expelled ASAP.

FYI: 63 of my chapter's members have sent an e-mail to nationals containing this link and we encouage every brother who sees this to do the same.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
honestly. what is so important about "brotherhood that cannot be broken".
grow up. its just a silly frat greeting/farewell.

its not like the whole ritual is here for everyone to see.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave8753
This thread needs to be removed immediately.

Why?

Never have I ever seen this horrid abuse of privliged information.

Are you kidding or something? You've never seen a worse abuse of use of private information than....revealing the translation of the group's name???

I hope all of you who are brothers and are running your mouths get expelled ASAP.

Only two guys have said they're in the frat, one wouldn't say anything, the other has already been expelled and all he did was give a translation of what AEKAB is.

63 of my chapter's members have sent an e-mail to nationals containing this link and we encouage every brother who sees this to do the same.

You are perfectly welcome, like anyone else, to participate in the discussion.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
If you are a member of Kappa Sigma, your response is not a good way to handle it. By acting outraged, you are only confirming that what this guy is saying is true. If you ignored his post, we outsiders would be left to guess whether AEKBD or whatever the letters are, stood for were a motto, someone's inititals, or an acronym denoting the ingredients of a kick-ass banana bread recipe.

It kind of reminds me of when our National's chapter service representative came to visit us. At the time, they were trying to stamp out a hazing ritual called Black Supper which involved having pledges eat nasty things like hot peppers. He said to us, "So I hear you guys are still doing Black Supper?"

Someone said, "Who told you that?"

He smirked with the look that said, "You just did."

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
There is some merit to this. I would not call myself a loyal member of my fraternity. I thought my chapter of my fraternity was screwed up. I am still friends with *some* of the members, and it would be disrespectful towards them to divulge all the secrets. If this guy really is or was a member of Kappa Sigma and has a beef with people in his chapter, he should consider the few guys he did not have a beef with. At one time or another, he had to have respected, admired, or had a friendship with at least one member, or he would not have joined at all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join