It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kappa Sigma Question

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Where did you get a copy of their ritual book?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The line "..That I will not assist at Initiation or Pledging of a boy under fourteen, an atheist, or a fool, I knowing him to be such" use to read "..That I will not assist at Initiation or Pledging of a boy under fourteen, a 'n-word', or a jew, I knowing him to be such" prior to the civil rights movement. Just a little FYI from an old school ritualist. I obtained a ritual book dating back to the 30's. Got alot of stuff on PKA and TKE too that is pretty interesting. PKA original founder was kicked out of the first university he attended because he was belived to be a homosexual. TKE fraternity was banned in the 20's from universities in Penn. because of alleged animal sacrifice.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Nygdan

If thats really what it stands for.. none of you will ever know if people are telling you what it really means or if we are just telling you something.

A.E.K.D.B.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by some_random_guy

i found a braclet about l 1l/2 wide with an gold braclet, red sheild, crecent qtr moon on left above green diagonal strip containing 5 gold stars with a.e.k.a.b on the bottom and looks as though some medical thing on the top. yard sale junk, it looks real to me...ot looks like silver around the sheild. Just wondering if it pertains to anything special, it's a georgous squeese braclet. any comments. [email protected] in ar.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
why has this thread become people just trying to post the secrets of this fraternity? I feel very sympathetic to kappa sigma. you dont see similar threads about phi delta theta or TKE. Why do you try to post ritual on here? to hold it over kappa sigs? what the #?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKnight
why has this thread become people just trying to post the secrets of this fraternity? I feel very sympathetic to kappa sigma. you dont see similar threads about phi delta theta or TKE. Why do you try to post ritual on here? to hold it over kappa sigs? what the #?

I find it hilarious you would be outraged about that, but fine with all the masonic ritual being posted in every thread. Cant have it both ways...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
I personally could care less. Its just a pointless college frat ritual. I've seen/read many of them. Let them have their "secrets."

I DO however, find it very interesting that we have a number of people who say they decry freemasonry because of its secrecy, and yet those people are not in here expressing outrage at all these college frats keeping their secrets.
What gives? Seems very inconsistent...

Most of the people that are vociferously objecting are frat boys while they typical masonic lodge member is an old man. The youthful zeal of fraternity boys leads them to zealously defend their fraternity in ways that may seem frivolous to mature people. Fratternity boys tendency to magnify value of things along with their energy and idealism lead to them vociferously objecting to the ritual exposure.

When you are in your teens and early 20's, you tend to magnify the value in certain things, especially when you are going through the confusing and at times stressful experience of college. For example, they will call people they have only known a few weeks "best friends forever." They of course fall out or lose touch with many of their so called BFF's. Mature adults on the other hand are less likely to attach a high value to many things.

In the case of fraternites, young fraternity members are applying a magnified value to their fraternities. Although former fraternity members like myself may look back with fondness towards some of the friends and experiences they had as a fraternity member, they usually devalue the importance of the fraternity in their lives. My family, my health, my career, my closest friends (all of whom at the moment were not in my fraternity), my hobbies, my love of learning, my finances, and several other things are far more important to me at this time in my life than the fraternity I was a member of. Yet to many young fraternity members, the fraternity is one of the most important entities in their life and they are willing to defend it just like an older person may be willing to fight tooth and nail to protect their child from harm.

People that age also have a lot of energy and idealism. They use that energy not just to perform physical acts, but to perform mental acts like caring about something. For example, many young people may have an intense devotion for a cause like environmentalism. They may be willing to not only put a great deal of effort into performing actions for their cause like holding protest rallies, but they are also willing to psychologically commit to their cause. They are willing to subject themselves to psychological disappointment and stress and from the outside world to further their cause. Mature adults on the other hand are less likely to physically commit and psychologically commit to things. Mature adults have less energy and have also had been burned in the past because they psychologically committed to something that ended up failing.

When it comes to fraternity members, they are able to put a great deal of physical and psychological effort into their fraternities. Not only do they put a lot of energy into performing fraternity functions like planning events, but they also psychologically commit to their fraternity. They are willing to commit their hearts and souls to the fraternity. When you attackt he fraternity, you are attacking the hearts and souls of its members who have given it their hearts and souls. Thus, young fraternity members feel deeply offended and feel the need to vociferously object withen the fraternity ritual is exposed.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

That is an interesting analysis and I partially agree however... I am 22 years old. Most of the masons I know are under 30. None of us are going bonkers over defending the ritual, although from time to time I have pondered bring legal action against conspiracy theorists who are using masonry to make money by creating conspiracies. Thats more out of a need for justice than actually caring that they publish ritual and make things up about it though.

So it can't be just an age thing. I really don't fit the description you gave, nor do most people I know. However...some people do. And that could be all of the anonymous frat brothers posting.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I would totally agree. Fraternities can mean so much to the young men in them. so who is more at fault? the people who try to talk about the ritual or the frat members for over reacting? sure their rituals are not the meaning of life and are just to be enjoyed. maybe a time has come to just say, look i know you think you know what we are about.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

This is none of this is close i have the Ritual on PDF if you want it. The Sorority Girl may have it too, but i know which one she is talking about and the "fill ins" are all wrong the Sings and Grips were placed there by a moron who forgot it all .

LOL i also have PIKE, SIGMA CHI, SAE, and Sigma Nus rituals too. but I guess no one is really interested ahaha. And I dont want to post them.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Gentlemen, I have not read all of the posts concerning fraternities, especially the Kappa Sigma fraternity; I am a child of fifty-eight years and I must admit that I have gained much wisdom within this small amount of time that I have served on earth. I just happened upon this discussion by accident. I have never found it necessary to respond to anything like this communication. A person experiences many challenges during one's life-time, and to those individuals who have had the opportunity to experience the various positive aspects of the Greek life know of what I speak. Yes, there are good members and not so good members in this Greek world, just like there is in real life. In fact, many crucial decisions in one's life are made based upon these experiences(we all know this). I can only speak from my own Greek experience and state that there are many, positive events that I have carried with me for some forty years. These so-called events have affected my decisions in my personal and professional life. To what extent, you might ask. Well, very important ones; you see, my youngest son is entering college this August and nothing would make his "old-man" more proud than for him to become a member of my fraternity. I am, and always will be, a Kappa Sig! DSM

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Geez, and the anti-masons claim WE are brain washed. If the antis are consistent, they should start targeting these kappa sig frat boys. We don't care if you find out the masonic secrets, but when you find out the frat boys rituals, they go nuts (even though in the case of Kappa Sig, its most of it is a direct copy of masonic ritual).

[edit on 6-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nygdan

I guess you will not be upset when your skull and thighbones are taken ..... well you know the rest

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Brothers....Why tell secrets of something you worked so hard to be apart of. People saying that pledging is "brainwashing" is true crap. I had 24 other pledge brothers and I'm closer to them after pledging than people I've known my whole life. We got beat, cussed, and everything else you hear of but it's all to make the pledge class much more unified. Unity by hatred....It's a beautiful thing.....Semper brothers.....

A-B

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
TO APPAK:

"useless juvenile thread?". it amazes me that a college kid exists who still believes in something, anything, even if it is the true values of his fraternity. belief is life: the belief that there will be a tomorrow, that the sun will rise, a higher being exists, etc. my guess is this kid is a positive, successful, young man. my guess is you are a negative, no job, grump. let me guess: you are single? you look for "secrets" to fill your time? you think the ritual of a fraternity is so "mindless" that stay of a message board talking about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Actually that is not what AEKDB means. It is no surprise you were kicked out seeing as you never took the time to learn and understand the ritual, and it was probably for more than simply not being able to pay your dues that you were expelled. Kappa Sig is good about providing payment plans and scholarships to brothers (like myself) who have trouble with funding.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I never understood the Greek life. Not before, during or after college. I have made great friends who will be friends all of my life not because we were hazed or because we paid dues or because we took some oath. But rather because we are good friends and good people. Plain and simple.

All I ever saw of Frats (and their female counterparts) were a bunch of drunks, potheads and sluts. Not that all members were that way, but from my experiences A LOT were.

If Kappa Sigmas want to be so protective of their rituals and secrets, why is AEKDB blasted all over the Internet? I don't know about you guys, but when I have a secret that I hold dear and don't want others to know about, I don't end all my emails and/or posts with it.

If others didn't even know of it, there wouldn't be any questions about it.

I think that when these sects started out long ago, their people stood for something. They were nice, decent individuals that wanted to be a part of something bigger then just themselves. Now, however, I bet that there are a lot of not nice Kappa Sigma people out there. It got too big and let in too many people who's first priority is to get drunk and screw girls. And when people aren't nice, they usually get their secrets exposed. Plus, with today's technology and the information super highway it was only a matter of time before this happened:

www....__._/wiki/The_secret_Ritual_of_Kappa_Sigma_(1995)

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randomsidekick

That's completely incorrect. As a former GMC, GM, Alumni Advisor, Housing corp president and numerous other positions, it is indeed completely incorrect. Each of the letters represents a word which when translated into English is not even close to that. An earlier poster has the first few words correct. Secondly, all fraternities originating in the 1800 had their rituals borrowed from the Masons. Want to figure them out? Check out their ritual books held in the Library of Congress (where most of the lected reps are frat men and sorority women). You'll find that whether you are Pike or Teke or Beta, our rituals are relatively THE SAME.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join