It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush authorizes martial law

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
Ah, once again the ultra paranoid wing of the ATS familiy has uncovered another non-story.

Please...someone show me where Section 1076 of HR 5122 declares that the President has new powers to declare martial law.

Section 1076 of HR 5122 gives the President power to mobilize federal agents and armed forces to

``(A) restore public order and enforce the laws of the United
States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or
other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or
incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the
United States, the President determines that--
``(i) domestic violence has occurred to such an extent
that the constituted authorities of the State or possession
are incapable of maintaining public order; and
``(ii) such violence results in a condition described in
paragraph (2); or
``(B) suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic
violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such insurrec-
tion, violation, combination, or conspiracy results in a condition
described in paragraph (2).

Federal agents and armed forces are mobilized all the time without the imposition of martial law i.e - huricanes, floods, wildfires, blizzards, tornados, riots, looting.

Furthermore, the presidents power to deploy armed forces can be employed only when certain "conditions exist."

``(2) A condition described in this paragraph is a condition
that-- ``(A) so hinders the execution of the laws of a State or
possession, as applicable, and of the United States within that
State or possession, that any part or class of its people is
deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named
in the Constitution and secured by law,
and the constituted
authorities of that State or possession are unable, fail, or refuse
to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that
protection; or
(B) Opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the
United States or impedes the course of justice under those
laws.

Theses are the things the armed forces will be used for:

``(a) PROVISION AUTHORIZED.--In any situation in which the
President determines to exercise the authority in section
333(a)(1)(A) of this title, the President may direct the Secretary
of Defense to provide supplies, services, and equipment to persons
affected by the situation.
``(b) COVERED SUPPLIES, SERVICES, AND EQUIPMENT.--The sup-
plies, services, and equipment provided under this section may
include food, water, utilities, bedding, transportation, tentage,
search and rescue, medical care, minor repairs, the removal of
debris, and other assistance necessary for the immediate preserva-
tion of life and property.

ok, so he can create zones of temporary military-enforced "order" but he doesn't have new powers of martial law. can you tell me what, besides petty semantics, led you to believe that these two things are different?

listen, darkbluesky. when the time comes, those "insurrectionists" are the people out there protesting these incursions on our freedom. the "terrorists" are the ones defending their family from jack-booted thugs in the middle of the night. and a "conspiracy" to commit such acts? that's ATS. and the "immunity" you've so graciously bolded? that's your precious freedom to live without the influence of scum such as old Bill next door with his funny ideas about the second amendment being as good as the rest. it's whatever the hell they say it is, and they don't have to make sense.

you can laud this administration for its brave new leadership all day long, and admonish the rest of us for not doing so. but when the hammer falls and military-backed oppression comes to your city, your neighbors start to get dragged off at night for their seditious choice of reading material, kissing ass won't be enough to save you. i hope you figure things out by then, friend, because i'd hate to see them get you too.

[edit on 30-10-2006 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
I think martial Law would be fantastic, it should be rolled out now, crime rates would bottom to an all time low, people in rough areas can walk the streets chat with the soldiers with no fear of being mugged!!

Hmm yeah, Martial Law rocks!!

Unless your a crim!

Probably the most retarted thing I have ever heard anyone say. It is a shame people like you encourage ruining our freedom.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Marg, I've been in a martial law situation twice, once each on both sides of it.

In the early-mid 1980's in Rota, Spain, the gypsies had themselves a little 'riot' in town. I never really did know how it started, I was on leave in the states at the time. But when I returned, most of the town was off-limits to base personnel. I worked for Shore Patrol/Security and we cruised the bars at night looking for squids to haul back to their ships, barracks, etc. Their skippers dealt with them after that.

Of course many personnel lived out there (on the economy), so they still got to come and go from their homes to jobs, etc. Like I said, I wasn't there when the base itself was on actual lockdown.

Then in the 90's (2000?), I was in St. Maarten for Hurricane Jose, a Cat 2 that did it's fair amount of damage. The island authorities called martial law to keep people out of harm's way, prevent looting and give themselves a chance to get the roads cleared afterwards. They'd been thru Luis and Marilyn recently (in the previous few years) so pretty much knew the drill.

The scariest part was the claustrophobia of being shuttered into what was once a lovely open-air foyer. It seemed to become a dark, ominous imprisionment, but we found a side door outta there to watch the waves crashing on the cliffs below. For a while at least, fresh air.

I even have a 'stuck in the elevator' story from the day after when the beach club was still running on gennie power. We should have known better than to chance it, but just the fact that it was running (sporadically) meant a lot after climbing seven flights to our hole in the sky.

Both times the feeling was creepy as hell. I can say that much.

[edit on 30-10-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars

darkbluesky

Just curious. Whats your plan to avoid enslavementwhen the shoe drops?

Don't feel the need to answer that one but I will say that I have made certain preparations to the best of my ability and knowledge. (This would be a good topic for another thread)

I think however, that it would be FAR better to not support any 'system' that is going to lead to our enslavement BEFORE it happens.

You have no idea what "system" I support. But I'll tell you this, I don't live in fear from day to day over the possibility of nightmares coming true. If I were afraid of this kind of thing happening, I'd be doing more than sucking my thumb and whining about it on an internet forum.

I said:

"It's interesting when you said "-can- this or any law be abuse" and you said yes.

Your reply:

Interesting? Maybe. But also honest and truthful.

Ahh.. what you say and what you imply are two different things apparently:

Remember this?

darkbluesky

Ah, once again the ultra paranoid wing of the ATS familiy has uncovered another non-story.

Let's see.. You IMPLY a law like THIS can be abused yet out the other side of your mouth you tell some of us here on ATS that we are part of some "paranoid wing" and that this is a NON-ISSUE.

Your words betray you far worse that I ever could.

What have I betrayed with my words? Stating a simple fact like "Laws can be abused" somehow negates my insinuation that there are paranoid personalities on ATS?

Here's a word of advice to you and Paralellogram - If you are really worried about the coming police state, instead of taking benign legislation and turning it into the facist manifesto, direct your energies into stoping it.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
I was researching this bill a couple days ago when the matter of martial law was brought to my attention in another thread.

Thousands of Troops Barred from Overseas Duty Because of High Personal Debt

The rider, Sec. 1076 was an add on which makes it very possible that some reps didn't know it was in there.

Most of the rest of this bill Supports The Troops, and no one wants to be seen as NOT supporting the troops with this election coming up. Troops, yes. War, no.

Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich voted against it. I would surmise that they did see Sec 1076 in the final version.

Actually there were 23 nays in the House:

CA-6 Woolsey, Lynn [D]
CA-7 Miller, George [D]
CA-9 Lee, Barbara [D]
CA-13 Stark, Fortney [D]
CA-23 Capps, Lois [D]
CA-51 Filner, Bob [D]
GA-4 McKinney, Cynthia [D]
IL-2 Jackson, Jesse [D]
IL-9 Schakowsky, Janice [D]
ME-2 Michaud, Michael [D]
MA-4 Frank, Barney [D]
MI-14 Conyers, John [D]
NJ-6 Pallone, Frank [D]
NJ-10 Payne, Donald [D]
NJ-12 Holt, Rush [D]
NY-11 Owens, Major [D]
NY-12 Velazquez, Nydia [D]
NY-16 Serrano, José [D]
OH-10 Kucinich, Dennis [D]
TX-14 Paul, Ronald [R]
WA-1 Inslee, Jay [D]
WA-7 McDermott, James [D]
WI-2 Baldwin, Tammy [D]

source

I am still very sad that not more people would vote it down... reading the language in the amendment to the law.. it makes me wonder what the hell these guys are so afraid of???

DO NOT think that this is a reaction to the Huricane Katrina.. no it is not that. FEMA can already use all federal resources available.. the governor has the responsibility to call out the national guard not the President, though he gave it to himself.. Katrina was a NO disaster not a Federal disaster.. the management down there had their heads so far up their !$% that they did not know how to respond, or chose not to. It is not like we have never been hit by a huricane before???..

The language used in this law and the other past laws like it make it sound like they expect at some point massive insurection agains the government.. why? He already has the right to declare martial law.. why make provisions to enact it with out declaring it.. unless they are affraid of something? These are the actions of paranoid people, which in the form of a government we all know through history are often the ones that turn bad fast.. and deadly..

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram

you can laud this administration for its brave new leadership all day long, and admonish the rest of us for not doing so. but when the hammer falls and military-backed oppression comes to your city, your neighbors start to get dragged off at night for their seditious choice of reading material, kissing ass won't be enough to save you. i hope you figure things out by then, friend, because i'd hate to see them get you too.

[edit on 30-10-2006 by The Parallelogram]

Listen Parallelogram, When this actually comes to pass, I'll be fighting right by your side. Until then, I'll enjoy a good chuckle at those who see the worst in everything, and tell the rest of us with certainty that only they can see what the future holds.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Darkblue sky what do you mean the sodiers are youtr brithers, sisters etc. so they wont harm you, Oh do you mean like in the Civil War when farthers killed their son's and vice versa. Dont make the mistake in thinking you will be safe , when the drones are set loose all are seen as the enemy.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Darkblue sky what do you mean the sodiers are youtr brithers, sisters etc. so they wont harm you, Oh do you mean like in the Civil War when farthers killed their son's and vice versa. Dont make the mistake in thinking you will be safe , when the drones are set loose all are seen as the enemy.

Drones? So now there are Drones? When will the "Drones" be "set loose"?
Right after the scene where Bush the Devil rubs his hands together w/ big evil grin on his face and howls "Fools - I'll destroy them all" Muuahhahhaahha!

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Well i dont mean a harsh version of martial law like that i mean a watered down one, a good vrs evil one, a safety on the streets one, Soldiers carrying Machine guns that are there for Public Relations and Public safety.

Oh, you mean like in Iraq?

First of all, there is no such thing as a watered down version.

And secondly, don't you have to be able to identify just who it is that is good and who is actually bad? And whose definition will you use to decide...the governments?

Got news for you, they're trying to destroy WE THE PEOPLE.

And when they come to your door and demand all the food you have stored, any and all vehicles you own, and take away your kids...just because they can...will you wake up then?

We are not living in some fairy tale where there is a guaranteed 'happily ever after.' We are living in a time when both our country and Constitution is under assault! We are living in a time when there is a very real chance that everything we hold near and dear, is liable to slip from our fingers...and disappear forever.

And forever is a LONG, LONG time.

Gee, what part of the Constitution will they take away next?

Whatever happened to those who took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution? Because once the Constitution is gone, SO IS OUR COUNTRY.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
MagicMushroom, Sorry for the sarcastic reply. Just having a little fun.

What I meant by "brothers, sisters etc." was that the "police" in the "police state" that everyone fears would be our fellow citizens who love the same freedoms we do, and fear the same forms of totalitarianism we do. I do not believe any corrupt administration could use the military to carry out crimes against our freedoms and human rights. The military would not comply. That's what I think.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowEyes

Got news for you, they're trying to destroy WE THE PEOPLE.

And when they come to your door and demand all the food you have stored, any and all vehicles you own, and take away your kids...just because they can...will you wake up then?

WHY will they do these things? That's what I want to know. Please tell me Why? To what end?

Just because they can?

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Drones, the police, military, FBI, CIA, NSA and anyone else who is going to follow them through with their plans of overthrowing whats left of our freedoms.
Drones will be the ones hunting you down at night, and they could even be mercenaries for all we know.

How many of you realize fighting bu#es is pointless? They would rather take cyanide than to admit you might have a point somewhere and when you say as I just did they will try and twist it around and say not so.

To those who think they can keep pushing the bu#es and get them to change: sometimes you need to be the better man/woman and just walk away and let your actions speak for you.

The pen is mightier than the sword: NOT ALWAYS TRUE.
When your enemy is willing to kill you to keep you oppressed draw steel and engage, its the last option you have other than die without reason and having accomplised NOTHING. At LEAST try and take some of them down with you.

As a man in Michigan said:
"The pen is mightier than the sword, but always keep a sword handy for when the pen fails."

The enemies we face now have nowhere to run too, this is their bastion, this is the lions den, and theres only one door out. That door leads to a life of homelessnes and they will not be leaving. Ghandi was fighting the British who had some where to run too. Ghandi failed, the British might not directly control India but corporations do. Violence breeds violence, not always true. WE must decide when to fight and what for, WE must decide who to fight and why, WE must decide when we have finished what we set out to accomplish, WE must decide when the violence needs to end, for the threat is no longer there.
Living in the lions den is a dangerous place, one slip and you wont be getting back up. One sneeze, and your life will be snuffed out of you by the lion.
Pick and choose your actions carefully.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Welllll--

We all know this would come, didn't we? This is just another incriment in the overall conspiracy and government scam designed to end Free Elections in the US, disband Legislatures nationwide, and take control of every aspect of the lives of every man, woman, and child in the US. It isn't "just" Martial Law--it's the reason behind it's institution, and that is Elitest Control, World Government, and the NWO. Why is it necessary? Simply because when the Truth of it all hits Home--your Home--the Lives of the persons responsible will be under great threat. Hard for dead men to control a resisting population. Don't think for a minute that "it can't happen in America". It IS happening.

This isn't about Money --it's about Absolute Power-------Ray! Don't say you were't warned.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

darkbluesky

I'd be doing more than sucking my thumb and whining about it on an internet forum.

Getting your feathers ruffled eh? I've gotten my rear end out of joint more than once here myself so I guess I can't knock you for that, at least for now.

So how do you know I'm just sucking my thumb and just whining about it on the an internet forum?

Oh, thats right, You don't....

Your ability to jump to conclusions is also very transparent.

BTW, darkbluesky, "I don't live in fear from day to day over the possibility of nightmares coming true" (As you said). But I REFUSE to live in apathy and complacency, unlike some other people I'm running into. Like I said earlier, it's FAR easier to do something about this now then wait til' later. It's probably already too late.

darkbluesky

Listen Parallelogram, When this actually comes to pass, I'll be fighting right by your side.

Man, now that sickens me. Why? Because I'M NOT GOING TO WANT you fighting by my side! Now it's MY turn to get my butt out of joint. Your inability to "see" with certainty what the future holds is NOT my problem and this "inability" is exactly what these globalists despots and their deluded puppets are counting on.

The absolute saddest thing about this is the fact that it's all being shoved right under your nose!

Oh well, it does say in the bible that the very elect may be deceived.

Coming from the VERY Creator Himself:

Mt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

I'd rather jump on the chance of figuring it out now instead of:

darkbluesky

Until then, I'll enjoy a good chuckle at those who see the worst in everything, and tell the rest of us with certainty that only they can see what the future holds.

Like I say sometimes, what gives?

[edit on 30-10-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Your inability to "see" with certainty what the future holds is NOT my problem and this "inability" is exactly what these globalists despots and their diluted puppets are counting on.

I think you meant "deluded".

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

darkbluesky

Listen Parallelogram, When this actually comes to pass, I'll be fighting right by your side.

Man, now that sickens me. Why? Because I'M NOT GOING TO WANT you fighting by my side! Now it's MY turn to get my butt out of joint.

Now i confuse is parallelogram and View from the stars same persons?

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
You got me on that one blue..

and yes, I did go and edit it while I had the chance.

(Trying to be sly)

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky

darkbluesky

Man, now that sickens me. Why? Because I'M NOT GOING TO WANT you fighting by my side! Now it's MY turn to get my butt out of joint.

Now i confuse is parallelogram and View from the stars same persons?

In this particular instance does it matter?

BTW, "Now i confuse".. I think you meant "Now I'm confused". Since we are correcting each others grammar and spelling. (Now I'm just trying to be funny)

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It's been fun View, but I'm done for the day. Catch you next time.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

(Now I'm just trying to be funny)

As was I. Later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join