It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush authorizes martial law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
If you weren't scared already, you should be now:

politics.slashdot.org...

First habeus corpus, now this:

"President Bush has signed into law a provision which, according to Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vermont), will actually encourage the President to declare federal martial law. It does so by revising the Insurrection Act, a set of laws that limits the President's ability to deploy troops within the United States. The Insurrection Act (10 U.S.C.331 -335) has historically, along with the Posse Comitatus Act (18 U.S.C.1385), helped to enforce strict prohibitions on military involvement in domestic law enforcement. With one cloaked swipe of his pen, Bush is seeking to undo those prohibitions."

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Ahh man this is just what I wanted to hear, see things like this can really ruin a day, but how about the coming days? Oh well better make a escape rout out of this city, got to dodge though men in ski mask and Tanks and APC's with .50's on them and helicopters with scanning gear on them.

Just in time for that october suprise if it comes in next 2 days. Only thing they need now is something to trick us one more time and make a false reality of the events and oh well take us out, and maybe a few people to a some camps here and there, GOOD TIMES AHEAD.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
President Bush was blamed for not responding to New Orleans quickly enough after Katrina. Nevermind all those busses that Mayor Nagin could have used to transport the poor, the elderly, the infirm to safety. Nevermind the Governor of the State of Lousiana who refused to sign the documents required by law in order to allow the federal goverment to respond. No, lets blame the President and the President alone. So the government of the people, by the people and for the people demands that the President respond more quickly and thereby enables him to declare martial law when necessary and legally react to emergencies. End result? Backbiting, fearmongering and shameless smear tactics. Shame on you.

Each and every day, I can understand the growing divide in the United States, not between the "haves" and "have nots" but the "ignorant, willing and proud to show it" and the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Uh hear about illumaniti problem, reaction, solution game? Sounds like that is what happened here on this issue. They played together behind the scenes to create a problem that people would have to complain about and then they have a handy solution waiting that they wanted to implement.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Why are all these posts and articles titled "Bush authorizes" or "Bush passes" such-and-such a law. Congress has to pass the laws before President Bush can sign them.

In this case, the law passed the House of Representatives by a vote of 396-31-5. The Senate passed it by unanimous consent.

I know it's more fun to bash President Bush, but this bill was passed overwhemingly by both parties before he signed it.

It would be more accurate to say, "Bush signs bill into law after Congress passed it".

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
eaglewingz: Exactly, that's why both parties are the same bullcrap.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz

It would be more accurate to say, "Bush signs bill into law after Congress passed it".

Agreed theirs a major problem with our government right now. People wake up.

What do you think they were doing when we practiced the urban warfare in New York, and other places with those 12 countries? What do you think we were doing when they went into those two schools and practiced the arrest on all our kids? What do you think they were doing during hurricane Katrina when the DHS came in and seperated all the familys? Moms and Dads from their kids. Grandparents from their grandchildren. They picked up the kids toke them one way came back and got the parents toke them another way. I think some people are still looking for the loved ones on this. Don't know the media went silent on this of course.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The thing that makes me question this government,
is all these new laws that are passing through congress.....

I doubt they would of been approved by the democratic congress.

Are they rushing these bills through congress before they lose it?
Are they unsure wether they've rigged it enough, so they're simply putting everything through now, incase it backfires?

This is the 4th law in a month that has been put through, that in my opinion isnt nessecary, especially for a peaceful, democratic government.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I think martial Law would be fantastic, it should be rolled out now, crime rates would bottom to an all time low, people in rough areas can walk the streets chat with the soldiers with no fear of being mugged!!

Hmm yeah, Martial Law rocks!!

Unless your a crim!

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Wrong! Martial Law means curfews. Means they CONTROL you. Means you can get shot and killed no questions asked if you didn't comply the way they thought you should. They become your judge and jury. This is not a good thing!

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Well i dont mean a harsh version of martial law like that i mean a watered down one, a good vrs evil one, a safety on the streets one, Soldiers carrying Machine guns that are there for Public Relations and Public safety.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Or just in case of a major civil revolt against the government
like after the public rejects the outcome of a hacked election.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
be careful of what you say there is a cia on a.t.s. he is listenning to you now and monitoring what you say.

[edit on 30-10-2006 by littlebird]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I can see Bush using this to remain in office past his term.

He can call a state of emergency, making US go into lockdown, making him our dictator.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by littlebird
be careful of what you say there is a cia on a.t.s. he is listenning to you now and monitoring what you say.

LOL funny you should say that, i have no doubt in my mind that some of the Pro Islamofascist posters here and elsewhere are infact government agents recruiting people for a long stay in Hotel Guantanimo bay p.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Well i dont mean a harsh version of martial law like that i mean a watered down one, a good vrs evil one, a safety on the streets one, Soldiers carrying Machine guns that are there for Public Relations and Public safety.

Theres no such thing as a water down version. Even if they tell you that it is in the beginning which I doubt. It won't stay that way. Everything always esculates. It will be bad. Before you know it we will be given stamps or rations as to what you buy and how much. When the government takes control, they take the control. All the way.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I doubt they would of been approved by the democratic congress.

Ummm, all the Democratic Senators voted for it, and there were only 36 "nays" or "no votes" in the House. So yes, even a Democrat Congress most likely would have passed it.

The thing you have to realize is that the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act is a relatively large bill. The section under discussion is a very minor part.

It's not like Congress passed it on the merits of that section alone.

Edit : Better link to text

[edit on 10/30/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Martial law is martial law, you cant water it down AT ALL I dont care WHAT you say, its a SET standard of rules and regulations that have been written down and stored away. Martial law is going to be brutal and without question genocidal.

Bush needs an excuse thats all, even if trumped up he needs one to declare it now. IF they can get enough of a scam going to wrile people up after 2008 elections BANG! there you go! They have what they wanted, a major incident or what should be called a CIVIL REVOLT. That or they have to blow something up, kill someone "important," or kill about 6000 people outright in one incident.

Littlebird, yes the CIA has eyes and ears on here, Juba2 sniper was an example of this with the kid throwing DHS at me, which failed by the way, I am still here talking!

Democrats and Republicans= Two sides of the same coin.

Edit: added the single line above.

[edit on 30-10-2006 by Vekar]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

Theres no such thing as a water down version. Even if they tell you that it is in the beginning which I doubt. It won't stay that way. Everything always esculates. It will be bad. Before you know it we will be given stamps or rations as to what you buy and how much. When the government takes control, they take the control. All the way.

Wow that sounds like quite an adventure, maybe theyll round us up every weekend and send us to Football stadiums to chant patriotic things and give us mats that face the direction of the White house to pray on five times a day like our friends in the Middle East as can be seen Here

But seriously things are getting bad, the glue is coming unstuck, i think Humanity has turned the bend into the last 100m sprint in a two mile race. ..

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by littlebird

I think everyone knows this. However, are you saying were going under a communistic rule. It will be once Martial Law comes into effect. Then you will have to be careful.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join