It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush authorizes martial law

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Likewise Blue, no malice intended.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars

darkbluesky

Listen Parallelogram, When this actually comes to pass, I'll be fighting right by your side.

Man, now that sickens me. Why? Because I'M NOT GOING TO WANT you fighting by my side! Now it's MY turn to get my butt out of joint.

Now i confuse is parallelogram and View from the stars same persons?

I want to expound on this a little because perhaps I was a little harsh here. But I have to say that I have more than 'just a little' resentment over people with "lack of knowledge" and wisdom.

It says in the Bible this:

"Ho 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. "

If you read some verses before it you will realize Who was saying this!

IT'S LACK OF KNOWLEDGE that's going to END us.. don't you guys understand? YES I AM PASSIONATE about this.

We have to have knowledge BEFORE hand.. not AFTER the fact that it's too late! If you look at history this has happened OVER,, and OVER.. and OVER!
I'm sorry but even though I will shine the light for as many people as I can, I just can't "walk" with people who refuse to see what's under their nose for whatever reason. Will I hold this against them after it's too late and they have changed their mind then? I'm going to try REALLY hard not too.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Darkbluesky , the answer to your question that those who have authority over us is simple that power corrupts and the problem is most of us like having power. You have only got to look back at the number of conflicts we humans have been engaged in.

When you actually speak to people who have prosecuted death and destruction they think their actions were right and correct. Their are old nazis who think what they did in killing fellow Germans never mind anyone else was correct because Hitler said it was so. Ask troops returning from Iraq if they thought killing people was correct, they will say the same thing, were just doing our job and following orders.

When a group of people are demonised and seen as the reason for your problems its easy to get people on your side to deal with them. The hard thing to acept is that people you know, friends relatives etc. would and could become killers if programmed to do so. America is a democracy but it is not immune from these processes, nowhere is.

If there was another terrorist attack or even multiple attacks where thousands of men, women and children were killed and the Muslims in America were blamed for it what do you think would happen. Couple that with the media hyping it up that there are terrorists in your midst what do you think the reaction would be to the Muslim community of America. Many would want some pay back, once its starts its difficult to stop and sane normally peaceful individuals suddenly become a lynch mob. Before your know it there's race riots all over the country, martial law is announced Muslims are rounded up and put into internment camps.

Once this has happened the authorities can now use this as a pretext to intern, dissenters, sympethisers, supporters of Muslims, anti goverment activists basically anyone who dossent tow the line. You may think this wont happen, its happened a thousand times before, its a well tried and tested method, and believe you me there will be people quing up to help the Goverment in its task.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I think what most people do not get is that our government already has absolute power. Where would we be without our subsidies? Who can boast more firepower than them? And why use force when the TV can convince a vast majority in only 30 seconds?

People are just:

1) Too busy to notice or voice concern

2) Or not willing to do anything unless their lifestyle has to change

Bush et al is right, the laws are old and need to be thrown out. Modern times are nothing like they used to be.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The stage is and has been slowly set up for a long time. The people of th United States will before long not be able to stand and keep the corporations from doing whatever they want, all in the name of profit.

Why can people not see that so many things from our past that have brought us to this point in the Great Chess game? The War on drugs an excuse to bring the first draconian laws to pass, the government bringing crack coc aine to the hands of the inner-city gangsters to bring their power to the point of making everyone affraid of crime, OKC so when we have real patriotic revolutionary's they will be seen as domestic terrorists. Then 9/11 and it starts to really pick up speed. Now the country is split and the draconian laws are being passed at a fever pitch.

This locomotive (and there motives are loco) is gaining momentum and the neo-cons just dont see it. Just like the poor Germans didnt see what was happening to them. We are more informed now so it had to be done slower and more carefully, but it is getting done.

I hope we are not becoming the new evil for the good vs evil lesson mankind keeps getting taught by the source. It sure does feel like it though. The color of my hat will be white, because people like JFK have always been MY heros.

We turned the corner on 11/22/1963.

[edit on 30-10-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Interesting thread -

"drcreamcheese" posts that "Bush authorizes martial law" and never returns to the thread.

As I recall this passed the Senate with a unanimous vote and did nearly as well in the House. I read the text a few days ago and I'm too tired to read it again tonight. If memory serves, all this did was refine the definitions as to what constitutes a reason to impose "Martial Law". It did not give the Administrative Branch of government any power it did not already have. That is one reason it was so easily passed by Congress.

Bush did not "authorize martial law" . So, why the title? What is to be gained by the use of dishonest titles? Why would someone do this? In my short time here this is the single most troubling thing about ATS.

Some answers that come to mind -
Illiteracy and a lack of communication skills.
To trick people into looking at the thread and posting to get points.
Personal bias so strong that the persons opinion is worthless.
Betting that no one will read the information and won't know the title is a lie.
Too cause trouble and start arguments.
Children posting who don't know any better.

Another question this brings up is; why do the moderators let these titles remain and not have the poster change them or change them themselves? As I read the rules of this board this is not allowed but there seems to be no interest in enforcing this particular rule. I wonder if the moderators' personal political bias is in play when it comes to these titles?

Being a Libertarian, I don't care much for Bush, but I do prefer the truth to lies. When the titles don't match the information provided it makes the whole post and the conversation that ensues worthless. It makes effective searches more difficult, which reduces the value of the database. I can not think of anything positive to attribute to these titles. They most certainly do not "Deny Ignorance".

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
wait a minute, i saw this movie a year or two ago
this part was just before anakin turns on the jedi!

god i love the parallels between starwars III and the current administration

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
InDirectViolation

Well said.
Everyone should just use correct titles and let the discussion follow. No need for sensationalism and misinformation to attract attention to a thread.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
C'mon, Jsobecky!

We know its as good as done. It may not be "yet" but everything is now in place.
We cant ignore that!!!
I wouldnt worry too much about a missinformed tittle and worry a bit more about the consequences of all this.
We're just a skip away from a form of tyranny that will affect you too.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
We know its as good as done. It may not be "yet" but everything is now in place.
We cant ignore that!!!......................................We're just a skip away from a form of tyranny that will affect you too.

my super " ape sense " deja-vue indicator is tingling like crazy right now

no offence DJTEMPE , but scores of chicken littles screamed the sky was falling in 1999 / 2000

and made almost indistinguishable claims that " klinton < sic > was never going to leave office " and other such idiocy . he Russian , Chinese etal were supposed to be days away from invading to usher in the NWO and UN monobloc government

8 years after I first heard such claims I am still waiting for any signs of it
- I guess the " 2 million Chinese troops " sitting in a field in Mexico awaiting the invasion orders must be getting bored by now

where is Clinton now ???

given that a stopped clock still shows the correct time twice / day - if people scream variations of the same charges at every president - then eventually a tyrant will appear - and they will claim some sort of vindication .

can we change the record ? it is definitely stuck

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
1984 is sooo cool.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Reminds me of an old saying, Power Corrupts and Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely..

SD

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Darkbluesky , the answer to your question that those who have authority over us is simple that power corrupts and the problem is most of us like having power.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I learn something new in politics today... ALL fascists state tried to reduce the debt... Bush try to reduce the debt.... also, ALL fascists state cut spending in culture... have Bush cutted in culture?

The US economy is in VERY bad shape... The maximum debt that a country CAN pay is near 125% of his budget...

The US:
Budget: 1250 billions
Debt: 8572 billions
% of debt: 685,76%

So after this, try to say the US economy is not in bad shape...

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

C'mon, Jsobecky!

We cant ignore that!!!
I wouldnt worry too much about a missinformed tittle and worry a bit more about the consequences of all this.
We're just a skip away from a form of tyranny that will affect you too.

Ignorant_ape took the words right out of my mouth. Neener neener neener!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
OK,

But i'll be back to tell you "I told you so" sometime in the near future. Will you believe me then?

i'm sure you will find all sorts of justifications then too.

neener, neener neener.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Like those who still believe Iraq did 9/11 or had WMD... Ignorants fools, unable to face reality and history of fascists governments and how they operates.

No, jsobecky, I don't say you're an ignorant fool, but you seems unable to face the history of US government in crimes.

[edit on 31-10-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Like those who still believe Iraq did 9/11 or had WMD... Ignorants fools, unable to face reality and history of fascists governments and how they operates.

No, jsobecky, I don't say you're an ignorant fool, but you seems unable to face the history of US government in crimes.

No one thinks Iraq did 9/11.

Many governments and the UN believed Iraq had WMD. Count your own govt in that group of ignorant fools Vitchilo.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Many governments and the UN believed Iraq had WMD. Count your own govt in that group of ignorant fools Vitchilo.

What's wrong with that? I know that my government is a fool, and yes, some people still believe Iraq had a hand in 9/11...

And I know that UN and the europeans didn't want to go in Iraq for $$ reasons and the food-for-oil program...

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

But i'll be back to tell you "I told you so" sometime in the near future. Will you believe me then?

yes , i will believe you - but as you will by then have poisoned the well so thoroughly by " crying wolf " at every toss and turn .

that no one will heed your warnings till it is too late .

elaborate fantasies of doom and gloom have been spun around the words and actions , however minor - of the 40th [ Reagan ] 41st [ Bush ] , 42nd [Clinton ] , 43rd [Bush GW ] .

with no end in sight .

if you demonise the 44th president , and nothing untoward happens , people will become jaded and cynical

and should your dire warnings concerning the 45th president be true - no one will be listening - and thier nefarious plots will go in challenged

is that what you want ???????????????

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
While some(Not many) Governments thought Saddam "might" have WMDs, they all agreed that using force was not the best way of going about it. Every nation wanted to wait until the UN inspectors finished their job's, the UN agreed, and the US said "You are either with us or against us" - and then proceeded to either have to bribe or threaten nations to send troops to Iraq. That alone should tell you of how much of a threat the world considered Iraq.

Whether Bush himself enacts the law, or some other Admin, the point is that now that it is on the books, now that these changes have been made - the American people will forever be at the whim of who ever the President is, and with Diebold voting machines as their only evidense that their vote mattered. This is obviously villianous to many people.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join