It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holloman AFB UFO Landing and the ‘Large-Nosed’ Aliens…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
You've all probably heard of the alleged Holloman AFB UFO landing which occurred in 1954 or 1964 or (well, there have been a couple of dates when this is claimed to have happened). What seems to have been overlooked with this particular event is the appearance of the entities that reportedly disembarked from the craft – the so-called 'Large-Nosed' Aliens or 'Large-Nosed' Grays.

According to the descriptions (and artist's impressions), these entities don't look anything like 'Grays' at all.

Only a handful of UFO researchers over the years have mentioned these 'Large-Nosed' Aliens. Some speculated they come from Betelgeuse in the constellation of Orion. Some speculate that a treaty was signed with these visitors and that three (or more) humans left the earth with them. Some also speculate that the more commonly known Grays are manufactured by and are subservient to another alien species - possibly these 'Large-Nosed' Aliens. No doubt you have heard some of these theories before…

Where did the 'Large-Nosed' Aliens legend all begin? The Emenegger/Sandler Affair - see this article 'Disclosure Pattern' for more information: www.presidentialufo.com...

The Holloman AFB UFO landing event was featured in Robert Emenegger's/Alan Sandler's 1974 documentary 'UFO's: Past, Present and Future', and in an updated 1979 version 'UFOs: It Has Begun'. These documentaries were both narrated by Rod Serling. Towards the end of the documentary, a 'what if' scenario was presented to the viewer about a landing that could happen in the future, or perhaps already could have happened…

"Let us look at an incident that might happen in the future, or perhaps could have happened already. The premise is that contact is made by extraterrestrial beings with representatives of the United States Air Force at Holloman Air Force Base in the deserts of New Mexico."

Rod Serling goes on to narrate the Holloman landing event which consisted of illustrations of the landing and the aliens meeting Air Force officials. These illustrations were inter-cut with actual footage from the base. At one point in the re-enactment there is footage of a strange white-yellowish object descending towards the base, with the mountains in the background (some people have suggested it is part of the authentic UFO landing tape that slipped though).

Years later, Robert Emenegger appeared with Paul Shartle on the 'UFO Cover-Up Live' program back in 1988. Paul Shartle, who was the audio-visual director of Norton Air Force claimed that he actually saw the authentic Holloman footage…

"I saw footage of three disc-shaped crafts. One of the craft landed and two of them went away. It appeared to be in trouble because it oscillated all the way down to the ground. However, it did land on three pods. A sliding door opened, a ramp was extended, and out came three aliens. They were human size. They had odd gray complexions and a pronounced nose. They worn tight-fitting jump suits, thin headdresses that appeared to be communications devices, and in their hands they held a translator, I was told. The Holloman base commander and other Air Force officers went out to meet them."

Further descriptions given by Paul Shartle of the Holloman aliens: "big-nosed" tall humanoids with gray complexions and eyes with vertical slits, similar to cat eyes. They had thin, slit-like mouths and no chins.

Did any researcher ever look into the veracity of Paul Shartle's account or has it just been forgotten about? Real, false or an entertaining dose of dis-information?

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Some related images gathered from various places over the years. If notified I will promptly remove images that do not abide by the ATS copyright guidelines.

Webpage (now offline?) that claimed this is an actual frame of the Holloman film:

Artist’s impression (unknown source) that is quite similar to the UFO image above:

Another site suggesting this could have been a mask worn by the Holloman aliens?:
www.v-j-enterprises.com...

Artist impression of Holloman 'Large-Nosed' Aliens from the documentary ‘UFOs: It Has Begun’:

An alien character I created for a 're-enactment' Holloman UFO Landing film:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
@Strawberry_Icecream,

I see you have 8 posts so welcome to ATS. I really like that first photo you posted of the "claimed Holloman film" still.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
IIRC the only firm account i heard of this alleged footage was when a well known director (whose name i'll try to find ) was offered the footage to be put into a documentary he was making by a friend or associate within the air force .

I'm pretty sure that the director never got to see the footage in the end , and all he got out of it was a good description by the air force guy . I'm quite sure that the description he gave didn't involve any beings of any kind leaving the craft , and that the craft only touched down momentarily before taking off again .

It's been a while since i saw the program that mentioned this footage , so i'll go and have a scour around to see if i can find any more info on it . That frame you have does look interesting , but i would think that if someone could get a frame they could get the entire footage .

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Id give a finger to see the footage.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Thankyou for the welcome helium3! This was my first post (must be an error if it states somewhere I've posted 8 times)…

JFKDOALOL are you talking about another instance were footage of Holloman was promised to someone creating a film, only to be withdrawn? Interesting! That 'Disclosure Pattern' article states that Linda Moulton Howe and HBO were also offered the Holloman landing film in the early 80's. A similar promise of some other UFO footage happened with Walt Disney earlier on too: www.presidentialufo.com...

Just found that the site where that frame comes from – it's still on-line (when I checked before it didn't seem to work) Anyway, here it is: alienade.tripod.com...

Looks like a homemade site, but with some interesting info mentioning a training video that was shown to officers, and a little info about this single frame. It states 'The Learning Channel' used this frame in a UFO documentary. Haven't seen this frame shown anywhere else…

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I saw the footage where the first frame is from. It appeared to be someone test flying a predecessor of the Avrocar or something like that. That circle up front is a guy in a helmet sitting in an open-air cockpit.

Unfortunately, I don't remember which show, but it was something from either the History Channel, National Geographic or the Discovery Channel.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by Junkheap]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Are you sure the circle isn’t an alien head? Hahaha!

Thankyou Junkheap for the information - I guess we now have the answer regarding that image. It’ll be good to see the full clip of that too! I wonder how far off the ground they could fly that thing?

Just found an ATS thread about the Holloman landing from a few months ago titled 'holloman request': www.abovetopsecret.com...

Someone was trying to track down the 12 seconds of footage of the object descending towards the base, and images of the aliens (I hope they see this thread).

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
"We come in peace. We have been monitoring your transmissions. Take us to your celebrity plastic surgeons."

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
i was watching a documentry last year on UFOs and all that, and there was a bit on a US government project on making a UFO because they thought Russia had been making them (this was during the cold war), and there was some 10-15 second footage of someone flying a disk type object, the pilot was sitting on the left side and it was about 1.5 meters above the ground. then it made a right angled turn, after the clip finished the narrator said that the government turminated the project through lack of funding.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I just saw on the History channel the video of the photo discussed above. It is indeed a still frame from the video of an "avrocar" like prototype. It actually would be oval if viewed from front or rear, in that there were two turbines side-by-side. The right is the head of the driver, and the left is a huge rudder. However, the sketch might be real.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Strawberry_Icecream

I found the video where the still came from.

It starts at around 1:20 into this.

Apparently it was an early prototype of one of Moller's flying cars.

www.youtube.com...

Has any new information surfaced about the alleged Holloman landing? Any new whistleblowers? Anything?

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Junkheap]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Just dug out this clip from YOUTUBE. it alledgely shows the footage of the ufo coming into land. Make of it what you will...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I don't have anything of note to add to your story of a landing...but...
I do have a historical fact about the region where Holloman is located...

The Jornada del Muerto (Spanish for "single day's journey of the dead man"hence "route of the dead man") in the U.S. state of New Mexico was the name given by the Spanish conquistadors to a desert basin and the particularly dry 100-mile (160 km) stretch of the route through it leading northward from central New Spain (modern-day Mexico) to the furthest reaches of the colony in northern Nuevo México. This route became El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro. The Jornada del Muerto runs between the Oscura and San Andres Mountains on the east, with the Caballo Mountains and the Fra Cristóbal Range on the west. The name Jornada del Muerto Volcano refers to a shield volcano and lava field, about 10 by 15 miles (16 by 24 km) in size and reaching an elevation of 5,136 ft (1,565 m), located at the northern end of the desert basin.

The Jornada del Muerto runs right through the heart of Holloman AFB .. and is very well known as the place where people just vanish... long before the days of men in black...

Jornada Del Muerto — 90 miles of hell

they picked a very desolate place, or did they? maybe they've always been there?

[edit on 10-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
We discussed Holloman here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So far nothing new, except for some clarification.

It seems Cooper did not "see" or film the craft first-hand, as was believed.

Rather, two officers filmed the landing and showed him the footage.

That's the latest info AFAIK on this topic.

This clip contains a "dramatization": www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Below is what the 404 page used to say before it was deleted:

The Government Attempt to Disclose the Alien Presence: A pattern?

"With more & more scientific evidence of alien encounters and UFO sightings, the idea of creatures from another planet night not be as far fetched as we once thought. In fact, one of you out there could have the next alien encounter" Micheal Eisner, CEO of Walt Disney in a 1995 Disney Documentary on UFOs.

"Mankind is in the midst of the most profound event in History: actual contact with intelligent life from other planets" Quote from 1995 Disney Documentary "Alien Encounters from Tomorrowland"

"Something does not make much sense here. Why would someone in Washington mount a disinformation effort if the only result is to confuse members of the UFO research community, which is a very small group without much influence over the public at large?" Jacques Vallee

Patterns, Patterns, and Yet More Patterns

When we look at the actions of the government and the aliens, we can see that both sides seem to be following some fairly obvious patterns. The UFO state of affairs might seem more accurately described as an "emerging phenomena" rather than a phenomenon.

In terms of the aliens we find that:

q All the rumored visiting groups are part of the cover-up. Despite claims to the contrary, they could land any time they chose on the White House lawn, or make themselves clearly visible in ways that would be clearly convincing. They don’t. That is the first pattern. They are part of the cover-up. The rule may be a universal pact of non-intervention as claimed by the 1950 style contactees. AFFA’s message, for example in the Friend memo that AFFA action is to "leave the human race to stew in their own juice."

q Other alien patterns are the sharp start up of cattle mutilations some 20 years after the arrival of the UFOs.

q A clear start and finish to the phenomena of "ground traces." Ted Phillips, the foremost authority on the phenomena, reported to me that at their height there was almost one UFO ground trace every second day. In 1985, however, the whole phenomena just faded away quickly. Not a single confirmed trace case occurred in 2001, according to Phillips.

q Complex pictographic crop circle just started one day, and again, many years after the start of the modern UFO wave. They seemed, at least in England, to have replaced the ground traces.

q Humanoid sightings, once a common feature of UFO sighting reports, appear to be a thing of the past.

q There is a definite dividing line between the good-guy aliens that looked like us reported in the 1950s, and the evil grey type aliens that appeared in 1961.

q The types of aliens in South America seem quite different than those reported in America. They seem to be a more evil than the American reported aliens. European alien reports also do not match up with the American alien reports. It is as if the aliens have divided up the earth among themselves.

q The level of the bizarre events involved in abductions seems to be increasing. The Hill abduction seems tame compared to some of the strange multifaceted abduction cases of today.

q It now appears that the abductions that began with the Betty and Barney Hill abduction in the early sixties, may themselves be just part of an overall pattern. Abduction researchers Whitley Streiber, John Velez, and Mark Rodeghier all agree that the number of abductions has dropped dramatically. John Velez wrote,

"Mark Rodegheir of CUFOS remarked that the number of abduction report have been down and continuously declining over the last few years.

--if you want to read the entire page email me or leave me a comment-

[edit on 10-12-2009 by TimothyMartin]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Strawberry_Icecream...

I wonder how many here, actually get your username, hehe....or is it, Tibetan_Monk_Chants?

It's an interesting story, but alas, without much more information or evidence, that's all it really is. There was a rumor Speilberg's "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" is loosely based on the alleged meeting account, and it just may be....but the "aviary" crowd is mostly scoffed at these days by other UFOlogists... Still, I wonder how much of it, if any, is real, or made up.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strawberry_Icecream
Further descriptions given by Paul Shartle of the Holloman aliens: "big-nosed" tall humanoids with gray complexions and eyes with vertical slits, similar to cat eyes. They had thin, slit-like mouths and no chins.

I'm really fascinated/interested in trying to debunk the descriptions of certain "aliens".

Considering survial methods, evolution, their Sun, and whatever else you would need to consider, gravity for example.

Why would they grow a nose larger than us?

Why would they be taller?

Why would they have a grey complexion?

There are many different skin tones/complextions of humans, no one has "grey" colored skin.

What would cause a human to have "grey" colored skin?

Why do cats have vertical eyes? What is the purpose? How dose that help survival?

How does a slit like mouth help survival? Same with having no chin? Why do humans have a chin?

Some questions to throw out for you to ponder, I'll come back to this later.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well, Gazrok, as an "old-timer" I certainly do get the significance of 'Strawberry_Icecream,' and was really well pleased to see it being used, actually. I do see a lot of posters here that are obviously very young so I agree with your implied perception that not many would.

Anyway, I've not paid attention to Holloman for ages and don't think most of the after-the-fact stories hold much water, but, like a lot of folks I still hold an open mind.

I do believe though that there was film shot... but also that we'll never see it until some sort of Mad Max episode takes place and we can then go search the smoldering archives for ourselves, not that it'd do much good at that point.

Refreshing to see the old case mentioned, really, so, thanks to the OP and all constructive posters.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join