It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking 1964 Hollowman UFO information

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
On April 24, 1964 three flying saucers were reportedly seen over Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico. Rumor has it that one saucer landed on the tarmac and extraterrestrials disembarked from the craft to communicate with government officials. The photo below is supposedly a still frame from a film made of this event.

I'm seeking evidence and testimony to support or refute the authenticity of these stories and this photograph.

Can any reader also confirm or deny that this is a still shot from an Air Force training film titled "What If They Land?,� as is claimed on the following website:

alienade.tripod.com...

Anyone hesitant to post for fear of revealing his/her identity could use an anonymous Internet terminal at a public library, school or university.

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I came across this pic, it is from the same base but a few years before.

"Ella Louise Fortune, who worked as a nurse at the Mescalero Indian Reservation near Three Rivers, New Mexico, took this picture while driving along Highway 54 at about 1:30 PM on 16 October 1957. The UFO was hovering motionless over Holloman Air Force Base."

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think that most probably is a cloud,which would explain why it could seem motionless.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
hows that a cloud? it doesnt even look like one... but the first pic looks odd. definitly needs some examining(sp?)

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
All legit pictures.

When a saucer is in 4d it often looks like a cloud. When it shifts to 3d it takes on the classic looks that we are familiar with.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I can confirm at least that your site isn't the only one claiming that this still is from said video... Having seen snippets of the film before, I can tell you that it is the craft, and appears to be a still from it...

However, there are other, (and fake) pictures purported to be of the Holloman encounter as well...so who knows for sure?

For documentation, I'd suggest scouring majesticdocuments.com for the '54 time frame, and you may find something there.....but there is very little to go on, besides Yellow Book info (see William Cooper, etc.) about the Holloman encounter.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Giving my post a bump.

- I'm fascinated by the surface detail on the object in this photo. Notice the flat facets around the underside. And what the heck is that loop of rope or cable on the upper right? The three tabs on the bottom?

- The scale of the object looks realistic, as if it really is 15 or 20 ft in diameter, not a small model.

- The photo does appear to have been taken at dawn or dusk, as evidenced by the long shadow. To me this gives it credibility because a composed fake photo would likely try to avoid that distraction. If it was a model used in an Air Force training film they'd probaby shoot the footage in the afternoon since it requires time to set up props and cameras, and the lighting would have been an important consideration.

- I have no idea what the darker cone in the sky is off to the left with the small point at its apex. It bothers me.

- Can anyone identify the background object? Could it be the roof of a hanger or weapons depot? Is there anything like it at Holloman AFB?

Comments?

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I do like the photo, but its so easy to prop up a model in front of a camera that I would have to see this thing in motion to see how realistically it floats/flies. As a still picture, as with all UFO photos, it doesn't do much for me. It certainly looks real enough within the scene, but time and again such images are proven false in some fashion.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Anyone care to comment on the pic?==Condorcet

I thought about it but you would not be too happy with my comments. I will
give you a hint: Take a look at the date you posted associated with the photo
and "rumor" says this was a USAF training film. (Professional photography)
Take a look at the photo right below it taken in 1957 by an amateur photographer.
Yes, this is simply a "whats wrong with this picture" exercise.

I find the amateur photo (CINTELA) is the only one that has useful information content.
I would say the center of that photo is probably facing north-northwest.
It appears to have been taken at the base of the Sacrementos, and the date would
place it on the Old El Paso Highway, around 25 miles south of Alamogordo, and
NOT on the route 54 of today (where sand dunes are visible for miles).
The mountains in the background would be the
SanAndreas north range of the Organ Mountains. The big peak in the center
would have to be Salinas Peak, which is the highest peak in the Organs. The dip
on the right side of the mountains, (about an inch from the photo edge) looks like
Mockingbird(?) Gap and the last peak to the right would be Oscurra Peak.
The picture is aimed at the heart of White Sands Missile Range. Holloman AFB
would be 10 or so miles out of view to the right. Trinity Site (First A-bomb)
is located through that gap about 40 more miles northwest, near Stallion. And finally,
the object of the photo. NEO likes to turn things backwards to tease ya, so we
shall get it right here. Never in the history of Meteorology has a Lenticular ever
been observed to turn out to be a UFO, but many UFO's have turned out to be
Lenticulars and NEO therefore rests my case for me. Ref :
vortex.plymouth.edu...

/\/ight\/\/ing

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by nightwing]

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by nightwing]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It would be so much easier if the original frame could be analyzed. Firstly, it could be dated to determine if it is indeed a 1964 picture.

If could be then be analyzed for typical hoax tricks.

Until then, It could be a photoshop job, as with any pics we see these days.

Lacking the original, it may be interesting to compare 1964 pictures of the actual Hollowman AFB and its surroundings. The two pics can then be compared, the surroundings, environment, etc.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I can confirm at least that your site isn't the only one claiming that this still is from said video... Having seen snippets of the film before, I can tell you that it is the craft, and appears to be a still from it...

Where did you see snippets of the film? Were these snippets included in the documentary "UFOs: Past, Present and Future?" or weren't they included in that.

I'm looking around for sources as well.

Thanks.

Now, if only the entire training film could somehow turn up somewhere.
::sigh::

[edit on 4-6-2005 by Junkheap]

[edit on 4-6-2005 by Junkheap]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
While I was stationed at Cannon AFB a old retired NCO came by selling insurance. At the end Of the pitch It was obvious I wasnt interseted. I decided to get rid of him by asking him if he ever saw a UFO, what follows is his story

During his assignment at Holloman AFB he was assigned to take a truck and go down to the remote end of the base to look for a drag shoot cone that had come off one of the aircraft. While in this area he and his buddy drove past the back side of a old hanger and the hanger door was half way open. He said as he drove past they both looked in and saw a parked disk. By the time they drove back around to the other side of the hanger, two black sedans came tearing up to them and stop his truck. The occupants came up to the truck and began to tear the two of them a new A$$ hole (His Words). He said the y threatened them with everything in the book if they ever said antything about it. So he didnt, until he told me.

His age at the time would indicate that he was thier in the mid 60s.

So, yea, the story might be true...............

[edit on 4-6-2005 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
found this ,it may help you

Tom Klobas
10 Aug 99
Dates: Oct 69 - May 70
Outfit: 44th TFS
Duty: Flight Line Maint Officer

Went from Takhli to Nakhon Phanom and the 606 SOS. Imagine, F-105s to C-123Ks in one tour - talk about culture shock! Numerous "earthy" memories at Takhli and environs: the flight line snack bar, loaded C-135s on TDY getting airborne (barely) on hot days; jogging around the parade field with one eye cocked for cobras and kraits; doing belly landings in the O-Club bar; a UFO incident one night that was never explained; and an F-105 (not ours) crash landing with exploding ammo one night on the runway (the crew escaped).

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Having seen snippets of the film before, I can tell you that it is the craft, and appears to be a still from it...

Gazrok, sorry to ask this again, but where did you see snippets of the film?

Refer to my previous post above.

Thanks.

[edit on 5-6-2005 by Junkheap]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Where did you see snippets of the film? Were these snippets included in the documentary "UFOs: Past, Present and Future?" or weren't they included in that.

It was on a UFO special. Unfortunately, at the time I wasn't so anal as to remember the titles... However, I'm pretty certain it was one of the UFO CoverUp Live! specials that aired back in the 80's (there were two such specials), but again, not 100% sure there. Some good search topics to help would be "Cosmic Journey Project", "Robert Emenegger", "Disney UFO", etc.

The craft wobbled a bit when landing, kind of like some of our hovercraft do, so the idea of it being a US experimental craft is pretty likely....as it resembled some of the other saucer project videos we've seen of such prototypes....

Some great UFO specials on the History Channel today right now by the way....

[edit on 5-6-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

However, I'm pretty certain it was one of the UFO CoverUp Live!

I have been trying to get a copy from John Stewart's video archives.
www.ufovideocoordinator.com...

But I haven't gotten a reply from him. I would love to see it.

The craft wobbled a bit when landing, kind of like some of our hovercraft do, so the idea of it being a US experimental craft is pretty likely....as it resembled some of the other saucer project videos we've seen of such prototypes....

I believe the craft in the picture is an old avrocar prototype. The cone shape on the left is a white stabilizer fin. The round object on the right looks like the helmet of the pilot. I doubt this is a real UFO, but I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I dont know what to beleave... Is that a frying pan?
HMMM... I beleave thats a box knife in the background
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
But whats up with the TLC (ILC?) sig in the background... must be the brand name...

[edit on 5-6-2005 by The Surrealist]

[edit on 5-6-2005 by The Surrealist]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
TLC = The Learning Channel. The still (or vid) was shown in one of their specials.

As to the cone-shaped object, if I'm remembering the video right (quite a few years ago), I believe it's a jet taking off from the base in the background...

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This post is OT but Gazrok is the bumb master
.Anyways in my opinion the aliens which landed in 1964 were nordics and were trying to warn the U.S govt of the dangers the greys posed.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the info, Gazrok.

I remember when I was a kid, watching "UFOs: Past, Present and Future" on TV and seeing the segment that depicted a hypothetical landing at Holloman (done via illustrations and drawings).

It's claimed that this segment was based on the rumored training film "What if they land?".

If it exists, reading what some people have said about it, it must have been some training film.

I thought it kind of strange at the time, that they went into a lot of specifics for something that was supposed to be a "hypothetical, what-if" scenerio.

[edit on 6-6-2005 by Junkheap]

[edit on 6-6-2005 by Junkheap]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join