It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The Bible Really Detail UFOs?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I had posted some detailed information pertaining to your question.
And please let me know if the videos will load for you I think putfile has taken them down.

God's or Ufo's

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Several have already mentioned Genesis 6:1 (that essentially states that "something" came down from the heavens/sky and mated with the women of earth!!!?). However, I think it's worth pointing out specifically then, that one need not delve too deeply into the bible to speculate and link the possible pilots to the UFO's so often seen in ancient art and mentioned in ancient literature, including the bible itself.

Interesting as well; Google the passage and you can find more interpretations of Genesis 6:1 than you'll ever want to take the time to read - and the convoluted, sometimes ridiculous explanations you'll find to explain this one particular verse is astounding - you won't find a Reverend/Preacher/Priest/Rabbi/etc. anxious to feature the passage in a sermon or mass either.

How do you explain Genesis 6:1? The first time I "really" read it, many years ago, well.....imagine pointed index finger passing quickly up and down over lips, you know the sound. So, are "we" the missing link?
Happy Birthday Marines and may our honorable veterans be doing whatever they enjoy.
Great thread

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
i found this explanation:

The word “Nephilim,” usually identified as “giants” (ASV fn), is a term of uncertain meaning. Likely it suggests the idea of strength and prowess. It is used in Numbers 13:33 of certain inhabitants of Canaan whom the Israelite spies encountered in their survey of the land. The context indicates that they were merely “men of great stature” (32); they were not the progeny of angels.

The most reasonable view of Genesis 6:1f is that the allusion refers to the fact that some men, from the godly lineage of Seth, called “sons of God” (an expression denoting those in covenant relationship with Jehovah – cf. Deuteronomy 14:1; 32:5), began to pursue fleshly interests, and so took wives of “the daughters of men,” i.e., those who were unbelievers. (Is there any principle that we can learn from this?) The subsequent context seems to suggest that it was this carnal trend that ultimately brought the Flood, which prompts this interesting question. If the “sons of God” were angels, how did the Flood serve as a judgment upon them?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fifth Horseman
so if it is neither terrestrial or ET then what else is left? you are now painted into a corner and checkmate at the same time? Nice job smartass. You know what is being implied by UFO just like everyone else in this thread. What should we call suspected alien aircraft then? SAA? Was anyone on this planet flying around back then? NO! Then can we safely assume that anything besides birds bats and insects flying around in the SKY (heavens) is not of this earth? Hence EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL!?!?... SHEEESSHHHH!!!

Who are you talking to?
Protist?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Anyway,the word "Nephilim" is one that is highly contested. Most think they were the "fallen angels" that decided to take on human form. Hence, appeared as giants. I am not sure that I agree with this.

To me, the "Nephilim" were "Those who from heaven to earth came." Some will say, "Doesn't that imply angels?" Not necessarily. Assuming that there is life elsewhere in the universe, which I certainly do, it is not a hard stretch of the imagination of thinking these "Nephilim" as being giants,by our standards, from another planet.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Does Goliath fit that mold?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero
Does Goliath fit that mold?

Goliath was most likely a descendent of one of these creatures,yes...

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
So, these falling angels are pretty easily killed. So, the flood could've wiped them out or another rock to the forehead?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Where do you get the impression that I consider them "fallen angels?" I don't necessarily thinK they are spiritual entities at all.

Here is my take on the "Nephilim"

Assuming that there is life elsewhere in the universe, which I certainly do, it is not a hard stretch of the imagination of thinking these "Nephilim" as being giants,by our standards, from another planet.

[edit on 10-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 10-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Oh, ok. i gotcha now. my bad.

anybody fit the mold today. "Shaq"

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero
Oh, ok. i gotcha now. my bad.

anybody fit the mold today. "Shaq"

Well, all jokes aside, given that the size of people have substantially increased over the last few decades, I don't think Shaq would qualify. A "Nephilim" in this day and age would probably stand well over 15 feet tall.

I would think that a 6' man would be considered rather large in ancient times. Six foot is not tall at all by todays' standards.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Fifth Horseman
so if it is neither terrestrial or ET then what else is left? you are now painted into a corner and checkmate at the same time? Nice job smartass. You know what is being implied by UFO just like everyone else in this thread. What should we call suspected alien aircraft then? SAA? Was anyone on this planet flying around back then? NO! Then can we safely assume that anything besides birds bats and insects flying around in the SKY (heavens) is not of this earth? Hence EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL!?!?... SHEEESSHHHH!!!

Who are you talking to?
Protist?
yeah, I just can't stand it when people do that. Yes we know what the acronym stands for, but come on, (s)he took half a page just arguing that. On this forum what other context is it ever spoken of in besides alien life. I like being a stickler too, BUT.. to Protist: We get it Okay?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I think it is possible. Written in an old way so that it is not understood in todays language.

I thought of Ezekiel's Wheel the moment I read the header.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The Bible has many examples of God using flying vehicles to travel from one location to another. Often times we read of God hiding his spacecraft(s) in mysterious clouds. One reason God may have done this was in an attempt to hide his physical "chariot" or flying spaceship from the ignorant masses.

One of the first examples of God's use of cloud-covered UFO's in the Bible can be found in Exodus 13:21. In this passage, God is leading Moses and the Hebrews away from Egypt.

Exodus 13:21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night: 13:22 He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.

God used his celestial vehicle and its weaponry to blind the Egyptians while being a spotlight for the Israelites. In the following passage, God's physical spacecraft is called the "angel of God." When this craft moves itself to the rear of the Israelite camp, the cloud follows suit.

Exodus 14:19 And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them: 14:20 And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night. 14:24 And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the LORD looked unto the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians, 14:25 And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the LORD fighteth for them against the Egyptians.

Another common title used by the authors of the Bible for the actual glowing spacecraft that transported the heavenly messengers was "the glory of the Lord." This craft was often described as rainbow colored or metalic and glowing.

16:10 And it came to pass, as Aaron spake unto the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and, behold, the glory of the LORD appeared in the cloud.

God explained to Moses that the reason for the cloud is so that people will recognize that it is God who was speaking with Moses and they will believe that Moses' word was God's word.

Exodus 19:9 And the LORD said unto Moses, Lo, I come unto thee in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with thee, and believe thee for ever.

The Bible describes God's descent upon the mount in a manner which would be consistent with an ancient Hebrew describing a rocketship landing:

Exodus 19:16 And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled. 19:17 And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount. 19:18 And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the Lord descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace and the whole mount quaked greatly.

God threatened any who attempted to get a close look at him or his celestial spacecraft with death. One reason for this threat may have been due to a radiation hazard, since God speaks of how he will not allow the radiation to "break forth" upon those who have been properly protected (by protective garments) or "sanctified."

Exodus 19:21 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go down, charge the people, lest they break through unto the LORD to gaze, and many of them perish. 19:22 and let the priests also, which come near to the LORD, sanctify themsleves, lest the LORD break forth upon them. 19:23 And Moses said unto the LORD, The people cannot come up to mount Sinai: for thou chargedst us, saying, Set bounds about the mount, and sanctify it. 19:24 And the LORD said unto him, Away, get thee down, and thou shalt come up, thou, and Aaron with thee: but let not the priests and the people break through to come up unto the LORD lest he break forth upon them.

After Moses warned the people about God's desire for privacy, he returned to God's spacecraft. God's glowing craft: "Glory of the Lord" was now parked on the mount.

Exodus 24:15 And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount. 24:16 And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud. 24:18 And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights.

While up in God's cloud, Moses received instruction on how to construct the Ark of the Covenant, the Tabernacle, and how to offer sacrifices that will be "pleasing" to God. The Ark of the Covenant was a type of energy storage device that will be discussed in greater detail in a later article. Later, God once again descended in a cloud, this time he beamed down to speak with Moses "face to face."

Exodus 33:9 And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the LORD talked with Moses. 33:10 And all the people saw the cloudy pillar stand at the tabernacle door: and all the people rose up and worshipped, every man in his tent door. 33:11 And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

When the Lord makes a physical appearance it is from a beam of energy described as a cloud in the daylight and a pillar of fire in the nighttime. Modern witnesses of UFOs have described alien creatures transporting themselves, humans, and animals to and from their flying saucers in a similar beam of energy.

Exodus 34:5 And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD.

One time God's spacecraft landed in the tabernacle and Moses couldn't get in because the spacecraft was blocking the entrance. As long as God's "Glory" remained parked in the tabernacle, the Hebrews camped where they were. When God's "Glory" took off again, the Hebrews continued with their journey.

Exodus 40:34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. 40:35 And Moses was not able to enter into the tent of the congregation, because the cloud abode thereon, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. 40:36 And when the cloud was taken up from over the tabernacle, the children of Israel went onward in all their journeys: 40:37 But if the cloud were not taken up, then they journeyed not till the day that it was taken up. 40:38 For the cloud of the LORD was upon the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys.

In the Book of Leviticus, Aaron's two sons attempted to offer incense to God without following the proper protective protocols and they were destroyed by God's "fire." Moses then told Aaron that God warned them of the dangers of not following the protective protocols of "sanctification" before approaching the craft and since they violated the protocols, they paid the price.

Leviticus 10:1 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the Lord, which he commanded them not. 10:2 And there went out fire from the Lord, and devoured them, and they died before the Lord. !0;3 Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the Lord spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace.

This event is very similar to the time when the Ark of the Covenant was being transported on a cart. When the Ark was shaken and appeared to be about to fall, one of the cart drivers reached out to stablize it. Since he was not properly insulated he was immediately electrocuted and died on the spot. (2 Samuel 6:6-9)

Apparently, when God is pulling maintenance on his "Glory" there are times when it is dangerous to be near the vehicle.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

wow great info...
it is off topic but I love your avatar... I watched it, love the look on Bert's face!!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm always intrigued by the firmly held belief system imposed by TPTB, and how their religion of New Age/UFO/Aliens has utterly misdirected so many into an absolute belief system. They just haven't given you the God figure yet, but don't worry, I'm pretty sure that he will be coming soon- the one that you will accept because they've so efficiently and deceptively instilled this belief into so many....

The following two part series may be of interest to those of you who are still exploring the whole concept

How about expanding your knowledge a little more, to include a few other, more logical interpretations.

hubpages.com...
hubpages.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
And after reading the above links, think about the recently released news about Neanderthals interbreeding with early humans such as this www.montrealgazette.com...

Why couldn't this be a much more logical idea? Put aside the "religion" of UFOs for a second, and see that there are so many other more likely possibilities.

Am I saying that other life doesn't exist in this universe? No, because I don't know. But I do know, along with many others, is that an entire generation or two has been led to believe that we are being visited by extra-terrestrials......and my bet is that it is only to deceive.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
What better way to pacify a populous then gods and religion.

Hard to question anything you see or experience when it is the work of god.

What are the new gods?

What can they do now to stop us from questioning what we see and experience?

They made themselves gods, not man, so now that the idea of god is failing what will they do now?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Old stories have nothing to do with ships we see today.
The Tesla ship is made out of metal and shines like a light bulb at times.
I suppose the bright lights has everyone fooled.
Well you study Tesla and his science and his ship will become evident.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Does The Bible Really Detail UFOs?

Impossible to say for sure. There's no doubt that with the technical understanding of the time that, any manner of highly advanced hardware could be mistaken for something in the realm of magic or religious-supernatural. Beyond that, the terminology was just not there to apply what one might see to anything but was already known.

Curiously enough, the same still goes. We are really not nearly as smart as we think we are. What we call UFOs today is simply a fall-back to concepts that we are familiar with. If angels do indeed exist, we may have no common frame of reference except to describe them as ET or the ships they may fly.

Humanity is quite arrogant. We've been this way for thousands of years and there's no indication that we're going to develop any real sense of humility in the near future. This makes us foolish but also gullible, for any force wishing to implant concepts that we would quickly embrace.

In the end, if it was possible that those angels of antiquity might have been ET, there's no reason at all why today, ET might not in fact, be angels. If we can embrace the concept of God, we must do the same for ET. But if we can accept ET, then we must also accept God. It goes hand in hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join