It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS GAME ON !

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
ship it to europe and roll up the counter to 50 as an apology to our european friends who didn't bother trying to win the first bonus prize.

I,ll deffo go with the counter suggestion.

It,s gonna be beddie bye time before we resume

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ordinarily I wouldn't have bothered but the answer just screamed at me so I thought I'd give it a go.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Originally posted by grimreaper797
alright no longer going in timeline fashion, well maybe it was something we said?

I never recall reading where it said these questions were in chronological order.

subz, we got 4 in a row by looking for an anwser chronologically. We prolly wouldn't have found them so quick if we werent doing it that way.

I insisted it was chronological, and up to that question it was.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I hope the next ones run gynecologically.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
if so, I am so winning the next prize. It's all I think about.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
That'd be one I wouldn't give you the answer to mate, I'd emmigrate to claim it.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
while my wife might tell you different, it is an area I am quite knowledgeable in

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Our gracious Sponsor, The Disinformation Company, Ltd has agreed to ship to the UK.

Springer...

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
high fives all around.

now can we please get back on track and bump the referral number?

thanks and congrats executioner

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Thanks to springer for opening the prizes up to more members and a big thumbs up to crakeur who originally said he would claim and ship the prize to me.
If I could applaud you mate I would.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
bah. you earned it. Congrats and all that jazz. now get off your bum (speaking in your language I presume) and make referrals.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

alright no longer going in timeline fashion, well maybe it was something we said?

I never recall reading where it said these questions were in chronological order.

subz, we got 4 in a row by looking for an anwser chronologically. We prolly wouldn't have found them so quick if we werent doing it that way.

Way to go Grimmer!
Just one thing Bro. Remember this, chrono'y speaking comes in sections though. If the whole 100 was in ch. order we would have to invent future conspy's as we go. (smiles) Heck we'll prolly do that anyhow.

Peace!!

MaxxLarge

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

His motorcycles were numbered George I to George VII, perhaps factory numbers or just as an honor to his friend, George Brough, who built the motorcycles. His last motorcycle, George VIII, was on order when Lawrence died on George VII. Lawrence gave the same personal name to each of his motorcycles: Boa, which was short for Boanerges which means Sons of Thunder.

motorcycles.about.com...

BOA George: 7 Brough Superiors owned and ridden by T.E. Lawrence aka Lawrence of Arabia. T. E. Lawrence numbered his Brough Superior motorcycles after their maker: George I, George II, George III, George IV, George V, George VI, and George VII. They all had the name BOA, short for Boanerges - god of thunder. Lawrence was killed in an accident when riding George VII while awaiting delivery of George VIII.

en.wikipedia.org...

TE Lawrence, immortalised as Lawrence of Arabia, had an unceasing passion for motorcycles and, like so many other men of his generation, began riding during the First World War. Following the publication of 'Seven Pillars of Wisdom' Lawrence bought his first Brough Superior, a 1922 Mark 1, thus beginning a long association with the marque and its owner, George Brough. Lawrence named his Broughs 'Boanerges', meaning 'sons of thunder', and called them George I, George II, and so on. George VIII was ready for collection at the time of Lawrence's death.

www.broughsuperiorclub.com...

Apparently the question writer didn't make an error.

sorry but as my english teacher told me:
since wiki is user edited the contents of it are not the final word of the subject matter, and the same goes for .coms if you wana quote an online source they must be .edu or .gov

[edit on 11/6/2006 by razor1000]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well, you need to tell your English teacher that if you'd used something other than a student's webpage on an edu site you might have won a prize on a game.

Please.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
prizes are not important to me fairness is and if the question is asking what ifficially killed this fool i expect the answer to be exact, and if that is your best response you can just kiss my bumper xoxoxox

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   

How was the answer I got right, De Mohrenschildt, in chronological order? If we were rigidly stuck in "insisting" on a chronological answer to every question we'd still be stuck on Luisitania.html.

After the Second World War De Mohrenschildt settled in Dallas where he worked for the oil millionaire, Clint Murchison. Please see reference to Murchison’s dossier in next post. During this period he got to know Jackie Kennedy. In October, 1962 De Mohrenschildt became friends with Lee Harvey Oswald in Fort Worth. He suggested that Oswald should move to Dallas.

So the link between Dealey and the Nazi's came after WW2 and most probably occured in 1962. Then the next answer went to Opertation Paperclip that started before the end of WW2.

So when we flashed back to the death of T.E. Lawrence in 1935 it wasnt the first out of synch answer we've had at all.

And whats with the adversarial tone? This is a game thats open to all ATS users. Why act so arrogantly?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Wow, very interesting. I'll have to give that a shot when I have a bit more time to kill.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Feeling some negative vibes on this thread

No good can come from that. Let's chill (and refer) and get to the next wave of questions

In any case, no one needs to worry about winning the game. I have already found the one Worthy...

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by razor1000
prizes are not important to me fairness is and if the question is asking what ifficially killed this fool i expect the answer to be exact, and if that is your best response you can just kiss my bumper xoxoxox

Nyah nyah. I got this one...

I had an unfair advantage being a conessuire of crashology..having had woopsies with everything from TZR,s to VMAX,s.50cc to 1500cc and commuters to quads(ouch).
After about six stabs in the dark I came to the conclusion that being a good ole British nob(col.) He would have named his prized bike.
Upon a quick check of the site below I discovered he had a few of the blighters.
Boanerges was the name he chose.
So effectively,even though he named then individually, he was still undoubtably killed by one of his (sons of thunder) BOANERGES..

The T. E. Lawrence Society

Registered Charity No. 297940 P.O. Box 728, Oxford OX2 6YP.....

...On the 13th of May 1935 Lawrence crashed Boanerges only a short distance
from the cottage at Clouds Hill in which he revised his masterpiece "Seven
Pillars of Wisdom" whilst serving as a private in the Tank Corps at Bovington
in the 1930s....
..Lawrence was riding the 1000cc Brough back to his cottage in England on
May 13, 1935 when he apparently highsided the bike after trying to avoid
two boys on bicycles. He died in a nearby hospital six days later from
injuries suffered in the crash...
...After his accident, the bike was returned to the factory where it was
repaired and sold. It has been owned by a motorcycle historian in southern
England for the past 20 years who now wants to sell it because of failing
health. Experts say that a Brough in the same condition as Lawrence's -
but without its history - could fetch up to $85,000. There are only an
estimated 1,000 or so Broughs still surviving, but the $3 million price
tag for Lawrence's machine has raised some eyebrows. Truss said he
had recently turned down an offer of $2.5 million from an American
collector for the bike.

www.snowdonlodge.co.uk...

I guess he didn,t want a Yankee to have it.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Okay I'm joining in now. Well done so far on your speedyness
I hope to be of assistance to you all. I'm guessing the "43/50" is the referrals so far?

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join