It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'24:' Season Six Discussion...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
It's starting to look like the writers have hit the formula mode of script writing.

I agree, after the first few this season was looking very formulaic. I was very disappointed. However, the last episode of the show put it right back into fantastic mode again! Is it enough to save the season? Let's hope the rest live up to what just came and it most certainly will.

"Damn Jack!"

Originally posted by they see ALL

i have noticed this since about season three...

That's a strange thing to say considering season 5 was probably the best season of the show full stop, and for the most part was not even remotely predictable. ( Other than the mole, but come on! We've gotta have a mole!
)

In fact Season 4 was pretty damn stellar as well!

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
there are always similar elements but they weren't as bad in prior season's.

damn jack was about the funniest thing said on the show in seasons (Chloe-isms notwithstanding).

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
That's a strange thing to say considering season 5 was probably the best season of the show full stop, and for the most part was not even remotely predictable. ( Other than the mole, but come on! We've gotta have a mole!
)

In fact Season 4 was pretty damn stellar as well!

of course, minor details may be different, but the overall story is very formalistic / the same...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

of course, minor details may be different, but the overall story is very formalistic / the same...

errr...k? Because it's about CTU tackling terrorists? That's not formulaic, that's the entire premise of the show!

That's a bit like saying Lost is formulaic because it's about people lost on an Island every week.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

errr...k? Because it's about CTU tackling terrorists? That's not formulaic, that's the entire premise of the show!

same thing:

middle eastern terrorists (with few exceptions)...

jack always saving the day (and never dying)...

ctu's mole...

crooked politicians...

these are the same plot devices, not premises...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
"TV shows that should be canceled"...

“24”
Coming off its best season ever, “24” has had its worst season ever. The show has recycled plot lines, and has most recently shifted 180 degrees, dropping one plot and picking up another, which is almost as implausible as all that’s come before it. Worse, Jack Bauer has been more absent than usual this year — and there’s not much left to do to him. Unless the writers can give the series a major reboot, focusing on something other than an impending terrorist attack in Los Angeles, it’s time to pull the batteries out of “24’s” clock.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Those pesky Chinese!

I'm loving this new plot, anytime Jack goes rogue is fine with me!

This season has been a let down but the last 3 episodes have gone a long way to making up for it. Cheng is great.

same thing:

No it is not.

middle eastern terrorists (with few exceptions)...

You mean other than Russians; Chinese; American Corporations; The President and members of the US government? I suppose you're right!

If you want to play that game though...

Lost: Others of Smokey (with few exceptions)...

jack always saving the day (and never dying)...

Shephard never dying. In fact the big 4 of Shephard, Sawyer, Kate and Locke never dying. Not a chance in hell of anything ever happening to this group of untouchables and so it kills all tension (I do still love Locke though, he's the only reason I still tune in).

ctu's mole...

Camp Mole...

crooked politicians...

Crooked Losties (e.g. Michael)

these are the same plot devices, not premises...

If you decide to start talking about certain plot points instead of the original premise it is.

[insert random/pointless bts smiley here]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

You mean other than Russians; Chinese; American Corporations; The President and members of the US government? I suppose you're right!

'24' usually opens up with middle eastern terrorists (or terrorists in general)...

then, the main baddies show themselves (like evil presidents / evil corporations)...

season one is the only exception that i can think of...

i must admit, though, i am a bit dull on '24' because i don't watch it anymore...

believe it or not, i used to be a fan and defended this show until i turned red (as you are probably doing)...

for the record, to BTSers who are not aware, the following will be my attempt to defend 'lost' (we should do this in my 'lost' thread, though):

Shephard never dying. In fact the big 4 of Shephard, Sawyer, Kate and Locke never dying. Not a chance in hell of anything ever happening to this group of untouchables and so it kills all tension (I do still love Locke though, he's the only reason I still tune in).

jack shephard was, originally, set to die in the pilot episode...

remember that the losties have only been on the island for about four months...

'24,' on the other hand, has jack bauer staying alive after huge amounts of time and has him surviving impossible odds time and time again...

there's no doubt about it, kiefer sutherland is '24's flagship (and '24' is fox's flagship)...

with season eight confirmed and a movie deal on the way (which has been confirmed to be released after the show is off the air), i am sure that we will be seeing jack bauer alive and well for many years to come...

'lost' has had its share of deaths, but its not an action show (thus, characters will not die in every episode)...

Camp Mole...

used once (ethan and goodwin)...

well, now we have juliet (so that's once in season one, once in season two and once in season three)...

and all of these moles have been implemented in the course of about four months...

Crooked Losties (e.g. Michael)

used once (to my memory)...

your turn...

let's talk about this in my 'lost' thread...

there's no point in using this thread...

[insert random/pointless bts smiley here]

uncalled for...

take this:

[edit on 24-4-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The Finalle

Was as good an ending as any good spy novel or movie should be.

The pardoning of the Buchanons, and Jack letting Audrey go because it was best for her.Jack's been through quite a lot in his life. I really liked the lone look out to the unknown as the fade to black. That was great.

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
The Finalle

Was as good an ending as any good spy novel or movie should be.

i didn't like it at all (even though i haven't followed this season)...

'24,' to me, is famous for its cliff-hanger endings at the end of each season (and even at the end of each episode)...

this season didn't have any cliff-hanger...

haha, and then they have the nerve to say that season seven will be the best one ever (they said that about this season too) :shk:

i don't think the writing for that season has even started...

o0o well, i try not to hate anything with a passion...

but '24' is really pushing me...

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I finally watched the finale last night and it was a bit of a let down. The last 1/4 of the season has been a retread of many aspects of other season and the finale had me laughing at all the wrong spots. Bill Buchannan telling (insert any name here) "you know it's the right thing to do" and then, after his directive was proven correct "you did the right thing. good job" is getting old. Jack has become Batman. Where is he? When he wants to be found, he'll show up. Left unsaid but totally implied: Just shine this light up into the sky and he'll come save the day.

nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh Bau-er.

Next season is due for a shake up. Pregnant Chloe will be back and rumor has it we're seeing a new CTU location. About time if you ask me. The current site for the countries most important, most technologically advanced, most well guarded offices have been infiltrated by way too many moley moley moleys.

and speaking of mole infiltrations, what the hell was up with Milo's brother? The joint was just infiltrated and attacked by the chinese. Then we find out that Philip Bauer has hacked into their systems and yet some random dude, unknown to all except Chloe, walks in, unattended, and is allowed to go thru his brother's locker and walk out, unattended?

Who's running security there? Mr. Magoo?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
That was a real good ending. I like the non cliff hanger ending. After being through all that its nice to have an actual ending like I was reading a book. Sure there will be a part 7. Jack Bauer is the kind of guy I hope we actually have working for us in real life.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I hope this is the right place for this,

I just got back from W-mart and they had a display rack where you can get the season packages for 19.96 per season, which includes the prelude to season six DVD.

It's a good deal since most places it was hard to find or too expensive.

No metal casing like the high dollar packages were but who cares

If you are a fan or know someone who is it could be a nice stocking stuffer.

For me, I plan on a season two nonstop marathon like I did with season one last year. Hopefully I can get IrishLass to pick up the rest for Christmas

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
the trailer for the new season is on the fox site. it looks pretty good but the show is being delayed thanks to the strike. not starting in January now.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Nice timing by Kiefer
to get pinched prior to the strike, shouldn't his time be up before this strike is finished?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
is he still in the clink? I didn't even know he checked in yet but, yeah, the timing isn't bad. Takes the onus off him for any season delays. Nice work Jack.

One thing about the new season that I'm not sure I like is that Tony is back and he's gone bad. He died in Jack's arms and the producers' excuse is that they played the clock ticking sound when he died and they never play it when a major character dies, thus leaving them a window to bring him back. I don't remember but I think it is safe to assume they put the dead stamp on his image on the season's website dossier like they do with all dead characters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join