It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please show me a ''real'' pic of saturn.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
By the way toasty,

There are infinite interpretations of this reality so please don't tell me that there is one source that is true for everyone who agree's with it.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Hey selfless, this was the only pic I could find...

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Good luck in your search!

Edn

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

Now please realise that this thread was not started so i can prove to you all that there is no real pics of saturn, you guys keep interpreting my intentions the wrong way.

It may not have started off that way but we want to know why you don't think there are real pictures of the planet, only them can we really understand your problem and try to solve it.

I would like to ask a question, you believe that the pictures of Saturn for the most part are fake (with the exception of blurry 15 year old pictures it seams) do you believe also that all other recent pictures of other planets and Saturn's moons are fake?

you see from my understanding it would seem you do not believe the pictures of Saturn are real because they look to sharp, they look to real contradicting your own vision of our solar system. I may be wrong but then again you haven't told us why you believe the pictures are fake.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

But if we take the time to answer, we can educate people who've heard all these things and have wondered "well, is it true? if not, why not?"

Thanks Byrd,

To those who posted 'flames' on this thread, you are not helping anyone. However, there were some well reasoned posters who did try their best to answer the OP's question. Whether or not the OP is satisfied with the results isn't always the point. I actually learned a few things from some of our resident CGI buffs. Not to mention some of the fantastic pics of Saturn that emerged.

I could really do without all the bickering, name calling and frustration that seems to seeps into these threads. I wish more posters would simply do their best to contribute meaningful information, rather than putting their best efforts into ridiculing the OP (or whoever else) that is not accepting the given explanations. Attempting to pick through all the b.s. to find the quality information can be a chore at times.

Anyway, thanks to those who kept on topic and did their best to answer the OP's question without bickering at him. If it is frustrating to you that someone is not accepting your reply, simply ignore the thread, or the poster -- no reason to flame ;_).

thanks,

Zoop

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
the "someone" is me

finally someone noticed that

we´ll meet at the soul collector

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
No i never said it does not exist i am saying there is no confirmed close up pic of saturn,
it's prety obvious these are paintings or computor generated... i just showed a few people and they thought it looked computor generated.

You do know that every photo from the Hubble and all probes that all nations have sent out into space are "computer generated" right? All they are are images sent byte by byte back to earth to be reassembled into the actual image the spacecraft took. No spacecraft will ever bring back film from a flyby of an object.

If you doubt Nasa, search for ESA, Japan's space program or the Russian Space program for images of Saturn.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Here you go, I think this should settle it.
This is the best, and most realistic photo I've seen thus far.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
you see from my understanding it would seem you do not believe the pictures of Saturn are real because they look to sharp, they look to real contradicting your own vision of our solar system. I may be wrong but then again you haven't told us why you believe the pictures are fake.

Well look back i explained somewhere on this thread why i think some of them are fake.

Well that's just what i think anyways.

Edn

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yes you said that you thought they were fake because they looked to crisp which really I don't understand why you would think that. Blaine91555 already explained why these pictures look of much higher quality than your home photos or older photos of Saturn. You didn't seam to read/understand what he was saying because you replied saying

Please keep in mind that i am not dismissing the photo's because they don't have ufo's in them, i am not being paranoid i just want to see a real photo of saturn up close that has not been edited to look more crisp or a computer simulation of the real thing.

Pictures of Saturn look the way they do because Cassini used modern sophisticated camera equipment how hard is that to believe? you also haven't told us why you think they altered the pictures.

We cant help you if you don't explain why you think there fake. We already know you think they look to sharp therefor must have been altered, tell us why you think they altered them to make them look sharper?

As well as going and looking at Saturn (which ive already explained) on a nice clear still night you will get very sharp images of the planet and its moons. you may also want to talk to a professional photographer like Blaine91555 or someone locally and find out how images are created, they will just say the same thing as everyone else has been saying, the images are real.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
you beat me, i was going to post this...

External Link

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn

We cant help you if you don't explain why you think there fake. We already know you think they look to sharp therefor must have been altered, tell us why you think they altered them to make them look sharper?

Excuse me but you all helped me, if you look back there was some good pictures presented.

I am still searching on this issue but that goes behond this thread.

Thank again everyone for helping me with this.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

You sure thats not real? Whats that shadow area on the bottom right? It makes it look like Saturns elongated.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
While having read most of what I could (8 pages of yes it is / no it isn't can be quite daunting), I am quite curious as to what will appease you as being a true photo of the planet?

I mean, how will you ever truely know?

Which leads to - being you will not truely ever know without going there yourself with a camera, and that most of what has been presented to you is between the lines disregarded, why do you seek so adamntly?

If I missed a post that you do see a photo as being real, or the answer to my above direct questions, I apologize, but like I said ........ daunting

Misfit

[edit on 24/10/06 by Misfit]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Selfless,
I'm not angry. Don't sweat the small stuff. My advice is to spend time researching before making up your mind. Making up your mind before doing the research makes you a target for any hair brained idea that comes along.

This (photography and CG) just happens to be about the only topic I can speak authoritatively and definitively on. It is probably my real niche on ATS if I can learn to ignore the trolls and brain-dead. Your tone is sincere but your mind has closed for some reason. First and foremost is if you are making the accusation something is not real, make sure you have the proof in hand before posting. What people are trying to get from you is why you think these photos are not real so they can help you to understand? There are some very skilled brilliant people on ATS even though it is hard to believe at times. You are better off to get multiple opinions as we all are sometimes mistaken.

Since I create many manipulated photo's in my work, I know how things are accomplished. I can be fooled though. I can place nearly anything into a photo in a manner that even another CG person could not prove was fake. I have spent much of the last two years learning 3d modeling and rendering and am nearly ready to incorporate it into my tool-set. This means I can create photo-realistic objects to add to photos and so can many others. It makes many people sceptical of photos on the web. You are not alone in this. Mix your scepticism with common sense though. A good rule is repeated over and over on ATS. Follow the money. If there is no logical reason for something to be fake it is probably authentic. If someone is making money, be very sceptical. There are also many people who fancy themselves experts and debunkers who are just hobbyists with some software. They tend to reach a lot of wrong conclusions based on personal bias. If I find a photo that passes the smell test it is at the very least faked by someone very good at this kind of work or it is real. As you learn, you learn to see patterns left by different types of manipulation. The way edges appear, double exposures, poorly done 3d objects with bad lighting, blurred birds that you have seen a hundred times in your own photos, motion blur etc..

Good luck with your search my friend.

To the one who sent the U2U - Thanks so much!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Here you go, I think this should settle it.
This is the best, and most realistic photo I've seen thus far.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by spacedoubt]

Who was the artist? Is this your copyright? Nice work, very pleasing to the eye.
Just kidding. NASA has some awesome illustrations

[edit on 10/24/2006 by Blaine91555]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Blaine91555,

It's all good, i got some good pics on this thread and that was the name of the thread no?

so i don't see where the problem is, i got my own opinions that are not related to this thread.

I thanked all of you who helped me on this thread so the thread was not just useless.

Well at least it was not useless for me, but im sorry to those who are mad at me for having my own opinions.

Peace.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by selfless]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

You sure thats not real? Whats that shadow area on the bottom right? It makes it look like Saturns elongated.

Now that I think of it, can Saturn cast a shadow over its own rings?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat

Now that I think of it, can Saturn cast a shadow over its own rings?

Well we sure know it ain't no hologram so why should a planet not have a shadow? And even to block some sunlight on its rings?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Here's what Saturn really looks like in infra red. Seems artificial doesn't it?

String of Pearls, October 11, 2006.
Using Cassini's visual and infrared mapping spectrometer
Credit: NASA /JPL/Space Science Institute

[edit on 24-10-2006 by mikesingh]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join