It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the templars and their treasure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

"Black" ritual items? I see that you buy into the Papal's contention that the Templars were somehow involved with the "black" arts.

Please define "Black Rituals". Anything that the rcc did not understand or embrace
was determined to be " Black arts" this included but was not by any means limited to
..... BATHING.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I agree with Masonic Light

Maybe the treasure was knowledge, wisdom............

No treasure is priceless unless it consists of Truth.

I think they accessed truth in a rare form, that is the treasure.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
First off, i have to say thanks to Forestlady for thinking i post interesting topics. Second, i'm sorry if copy something someone says i don't have the time to read all the post on this particular topic. Forestlady you asked where the templars got their money. Originally there were 9 knights sent by a pope ( i don't know who) to guard the piligrim road, the road people took to get to jerusalem. MAybe when they were commissioned they recieved some money, who knows? 9 knights protecting a road? that just sounds crazy even though the knights templar were well trained soldiers and often compared to the special forces i don't think 9 knights back then could protect an entire road. Some people think that protecting the piligrim road was just a conver story and that they were there to do something else. Some say that they did archaeoligical work and that they dug under the temple of solomon. Before i continue, does it seem weird to anyone else that the knights supposedly get there to the temple, dig and find stuff. But years before when the city was under rome's thumb nobody dug or found anything? Anyway, some say that the templars found a huge treasure, it could be gold, scrolls, or as some have posted here, knowledge. Whatever it was when they went back to france they got power, lots of it from the church. So suspect that the templars found scrolls that said jesus was married and had children and that the money/power the templars got was black mail money. Anyway fast foward, the pope (i want to say clements, but that doesn't sound right) and king philip of france supposeldy conspire to remove the templars. Philip owed the templars money, and he owned land right next to the templars so if they decide they want their money he would be a up a river without a paddle. As to what happen on and after friday the 13th, no one knows for sure. Some say that the templars had such a vast organization that they probably had some sort of intelligence sector with spies and people involved and next to high ranking people anywhere and everywhere so it's said that the templars had a heads up on the 13th and got most of their people out. Others say, like previously posted, that they got on their ships and fled with their treasure. Although, the templars had a sophisticated banking system would it be that easy to gather up their treasure and leave that quick? Anyway i hope that answer so questions. If you want to read a good book about the templars read:
"The templars and the grail: knights of the quest" by Dr. Karen Ralls. Available at Barnes and Nobel, under the history section if you go to the store.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

"Black" ritual items? I see that you buy into the Papal's contention that the Templars were somehow involved with the "black" arts.

Please define "Black Rituals". Anything that the rcc did not understand or embrace
was determined to be " Black arts" this included but was not by any means limited to
..... BATHING.

from SpeakerofTruth"Black" ritual items? I see that you buy into the Papal's contention that the Templars were somehow involved with the "black" arts.

When are people going to accept the fact that Rome labeled everything "black" that did not agree with its theology?

Is that not what I stated in my post? Stalkingwolf, not to get defensive, but please do not take a part of my quote and make out that I was saying something other than what I was saying. Thank you.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The fact that the Knights Templar were themselves hired says that there was a more powerful presence behind the scene.

They were used and when they fulfilled their purpose the people who benefited most from whatever they were sent to find attempted to elimanate them. We understand that they went underground and alot of people say they carry on through some brotherly fraternaties to this day.

I wonder if the Templar's found the treasure and shared it's knowledge with those whom originally commissioned their services. If so could these differently motivated parties be vying for power right now even?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Interestedalways, you said this:

I wonder if the Templar's found the treasure and shared it's knowledge with those whom originally commissioned their services.

I remember a poem i read once, or maybe it was a story. It was called "Death", or "Death finds a way" or at least i think so i only remember the good parts. Here is how it goes: Three men dig together and find a buried treasure. One of the men decides that they should celebrate so he goes to town to get some wine. While he is away, men 2 and 3 decide that if they kill the first man they can split up his share of the treausre and become more rich. The first man while he is getting the wine think to himself, if i kill the other two i can have all of their shares or the treasure. So the first man gets three glasses of wine and poisons two of them. Upon his return 2 and 3 murder the first man. To celebrate their "victory" they drink the wine and die. The end, also, Ben franklin once said, "Three may keep a secret if two are dead." My point is greed is the most powerful evil, if i do all the work and find gold do you really think i'm going to want to share it with someone else? So that's why i think the templars for such power was because they didn't want to share their treasure, and their employers really couldn't say anything because the 9 original nights were supposed to protect a road so people might wonder what's up when the employer says the employees stole from him.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
In response to the original question, I was able to find these free images. As a new member, I am glad to be here and look forward to participating in the future.

-USNStang-

images.google.com...

itwasjohnson.impiousdigest.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Thesmokingman2

What language do you think the message is written in?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Sorry to go slightly off direction of the OP, but do any of you have an opinion on the validity of Royston Cave? It was believed to be a secret meeting place after the persecution of the Templars.

Site

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

the templars and their treasure....
From what I know and have read the true treasures of the Templars is not gold coin, or gemstone.
The true treasure is knowledge and enlightenment upon the truths of this world, and the truth to our solar system and galaxy that we live within.
Its not silver goblets, and silver coins. But Elder scrolls that contain occult knowledge of the humans here on Earth.

Those who had this information where long into witchcraft and what seemed to be almost pagan in nature.

To hide this knowledge, ignorance was spread throughout the world, and made those who seek the treasures seek out coin, and gem. When the truth to the matter is.. That the best treasures this world has to offer is knowledge and enlightenment.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i just saw history channels docu about knights templar, can be found here:

part 1
video.google.com...

part 2
video.google.com...

this is just an idea:
in the end of part2 they also mention switzerland as one place they could find shelter. switzerland is a country know of its banking system, even thoug i could not find a year earlier then 1700, you might find your treasuers here.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
is there really a treasure, i am not sure, i think it is only
a figure of speech, it could mean, the treasure is a
'' spiritual '' treasure, the illusion of a real treasure could be only a fish hook

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
If there was a treasure I would be driving a much better car.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Here is a news article about a group claiming to be descendants of the Knights Templar and want the Vatican to restore their name and give them back 100 Billion Euros of siezed assets.

self proclaimed Templars suing the Vatican

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

tks Masonic Light, it's look like we have our answer.

the famous masonic treasure is a ''spiritual treasure'', unveiled into
masonic temples for freemasonry followers only !

well, i will hangup my indiana jones hat then, i will not need it anymore

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

The story is The Pardoner's Tale by Chaucer. You can read it here.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I have studied the Templars for many years, and have read many books on the subject. I have a theory that during the Bombing of London, the treasure, or at least a great part of it, was moved to America for safe keeping. Keep this in mind on your search, I don't know if it's true or not, but every little bit helps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join