It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the templars and their treasure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I've read a bunch of books about the Templar treasure and frankly they kinda bore me. Yes it's possible that the treasure is under Rossyln Chapel, and yes it's possible the treasure is on Oak island. I think we are missing one very important fact here. IF you know your history and i'm sure you do, the knights templar and many of their leaders were held in Chinon Castle, where templar leaders carved a message in the walls. As of today the message is undesciphered. Instead of guessing where the treasure is why not try and decipher the message they left? Does anyone happened to know where i might find pictures of the message left on chinon castle? I've only found them one place and they want me to pay for the, screw that. Any help?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
the templars have a treasure time to go hunting for it on my case i guess

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Chinon Castle

The Templars are an interesting subject. I,like you, am kind of bored of some of the books out about them. However,I think that most likely any treasure that they had hidden has probably been conviscated by the "church" and probably is in the Vatican library.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I looked all over the place tp a reference of such a message. Do you have any links or more info on this so I can research it?

Thanks
Cory

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
The Templars are an interesting subject. I,like you, am kind of bored of some of the books out about them. However,I think that most likely any treasure that they had hidden has probably been conviscated by the "church" and probably is in the Vatican library.

I agree.. the published information on the templar has something of a "Cookie cutter" quality.. but i dont think that the "Bulk" of the templar treasure was never recovered by the church as it was known that when the papal bull was opened and the templar were rounded up they were unable to find any treasure of real significance.. and i would guess that is why the templar leader was imprisoned for so long rather then executed right away like the majority of the templar forces, Jaques De Molay, as well as several other high ranking templar were executed on the 18th of march, is 1314, almost a full 7 years after the arrest and execution of the rest of the templar.. the only reason i can think of for this was the hope of prying the location of the templar treasure out of one of them, and when it was obvious that they would not betray the secret.. or wasnt aware of the location, they were finally put to the stake

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   

"Bulk" of the templar treasure was never recovered by the church as it was known that when the papal bull was opened and the templar were rounded up they were unable to find any treasure of real significance.

First it was not a papal bull that began the arrests. It was on orders of Phillipe le Bel
that Templars in France were arrested on 13 Oct. 1307. It wasnt until 24 Dec. 1307
that EdwardII of England received final orders from Clement that arrests were even started in England.

The one "treasure" that has always evaded monarchs, popes, and historians was/is
the treasury of the Paris Temple. Legend says it was carted out of paris to the awaiting Templar Navy ( 18 galleons) at La Rochelle. Where it went from there is not known.
The Most common belief is that it ended up in Scotland along with arms and men from the Temples of Ireland. The 18 galleons simply dropped from the face of history,
never to be heard of again. Many believe that they became Pirates or privateers.
Nothing substantial has ever to my knowledge been proven. Beyond the fact that
this explination makes sense and solves 3 of the biggest obsticales for men "on the run", food shelter and income. And there is supposedly some connection between
the flag that became known as The Jolly Roger and a former Templar Captain (Roger Joly? i think).

There is also the persistant legend of the Templar association with Robert Bruce and
the factual association of Bruce with certain Counties in Ireland.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
i have to wonder if those 18 ships were not sunk or disassembled to keep them from being discovered and the revealing the location of the templar home in exile

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
an interesting possibility. But, why destroy your home,mobility,means to a living,
and defences, when a couple months in a sheltered bay could remove any identifing marks?

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Smokingman you post such interesting things. I've always been interested in the Knights Templar. One thing I've always wondered: where did they get their original treasure from? Does anyone know? I can't seem to find anything that tells about that.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Perhaps the Templar treasure doesn't consist of diamonds and gold, but something altogether different. What if "treasure" is symbolic of knowledge?

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It could be, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm saying, where did the Templars get their initial money to do their banking and therefore make a fortune?

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The fun answer is from King Solomon's Temple

Cug

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
I'm saying, where did the Templars get their initial money to do their banking and therefore make a fortune?

To be a Knight you had to be a noble or in other words rich. You also had to take a vow of poverty, and give everything of value to the order. That's where they got the money.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   

It could be, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm saying, where did the Templars get their initial money to do their banking and therefore make a fortune?

Not just the donations of members. Also there were donations of land and money from others. Also farms , graineries,mills, breweries, villages, and services such as transportation to Outremer and back, ransoms, shipping, collection services, sales of various produce and wares, and of course by capture- the spoils of war.

Perhaps the Templar treasure doesn't consist of diamonds and gold, but something altogether different. What if "treasure" is symbolic of knowledge?

Of Course there is always that to think about.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
To be a Knight you had to be a noble or in other words rich. You also had to take a vow of poverty, and give everything of value to the order. That's where they got the money.

I am not sure it was all due to a vow of poverty, the Templars created the first international banking system. Pilgrims heading off to the Holy Land would deposit money with a local branch, in exchange for a letter of credit, redeemable just about everywhere along their route.

By the dawn of the 14th century, the Knights Templar had become Europe's dominant religious order. They were more than 7,000 members strong. They held almost 900 castles.
In France, King Philip IV owed the Templars a lot of money, which he didn't really feel like repaying. So he hatched a scheme with Pope Clement V. In 1307, the Pope summoned Jacques de Molay, the group's Grand Master, to Paris. There they were supposed to enter negotiations on merging the Knights Hospitallers with de Molay's group. No such luck. Instead, he and his staff were arrested by King Philip and turned over to the Inquisition. Philip's men swept through the country, in just two days arresting several thousands men associated with the accused.

Some of the Templars escaped to Portugal, where (for a few years) they enjoyed the protection of its king. Others were have fled to Switzerland and Scotland, but there is very little or no documentation of this.

The Pope forcibly disbanded their organization in March 1312, announced in a Papal Bull accusing the Templars of having fallen "into the sin of impious apostasy, the abominable vice of idolatry, the deadly crime of the Sodomites, and various heresies." Plus, renouncing Jesus and spitting on the cross.

The Templars were rumoured to have found in Jerusalem the Ark of the Covenant and more importantly the Tables of Testimony. The Tables of Testimony contained the Cosmic Equation, the Divine Law of number, measure and weight. Reading the inscriptions was achieved with the cryptic system of the Qabalah.
The Church apparently confiscated much of their treasure, never to be seen again.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   

The Church apparently confiscated much of their treasure, never to be seen again.

actually little if anything that was portable was ever found outside the order. All their
writings,Rules, and records were called in and burned by order of the Grand Master.
Much the same as Masonic records in 1717 or earlier I dont recall exactly.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Instead of guessing where the treasure is why not try and decipher the message they left? Does anyone happened to know where i might find pictures of the message left on chinon castle?

No one has an answer for the original poster? I'd be interested in seeing that also.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Maybe it was alchemy secrets, black ritual items?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Speakeroftruth: your link is broken...

I'm sure with the sharp minds we have here at ATS we can collectively draw perhaps a few conclusive hints in deciphering the Chinon glyphs. But we need to see them/a photo of them/a drawing/ANYTHING. Like the books and thick 'manusripts' we're all getting bored with, this thread will have the same fate unless something shows up that we can sink our teeth into, analyze and discuss...

Well - how 'bout it researchers?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by estar
Maybe it was alchemy secrets, black ritual items?

"Black" ritual items? I see that you buy into the Papal's contention that the Templars were somehow involved with the "black" arts.

When are people going to accept the fact that Rome labeled everything "black" that did not agree with its theology?

[edit on 23-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join