It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is their anybody that wants to leave Earth?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
Edn

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The Andromeda galaxy is a bit ambitious don't you think
Theres plenty to explore in this galaxy and id love to explore it, id especially love to go hunt down and explore habitable systems.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If we had a star ship enterprise like the one on Star Trek, then I'll go.
Our Galaxy is big enough to explore in it's own right.
The Milky Way galaxy is the spiral galaxy we call home, as do roughly 100 billion other stars. It looks very much like other spiral galaxies when viewed from above. There are spiral arms and a bright central part. The Sun is far from the center of the Galaxy, halfway to the edge of the Galaxy along the Orion spiral arm.
The Sun is revolving around the center of the Galaxy at a speed of half a million miles per hour, yet it will still take 200 million years for it to go around once. Do you feel like you are moving at that speed through space? If you did, you would certainly need a seat belt! When we run, we feel the wind on our bodies because there are molecules which make up the air that push against our bodies. But there are very few molecules in the space between the stars. So there is nothing to push against our planet so that we "feel" like we are rushing around at half a million miles per hour.

Lots of room on the left side of our Milky Way.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Given the chance I think I would go - I'm thinking this is some sort of colonising mission with a planet (or whatever) in mind - my curiosity would get the better of me.

Don't get me wrong about WANTING to leave this planet, I love Earth, I also love Humanity, the way we've evolved/developed.

But at the moment all the eggs seem to be in one basket (albeit beautiful green blue white complete with atmosphere and magnetic field). Colonising other worlds would defiantly increase our odds as a species. I would not mind being a proverbial Lemming for that cause

Wait - Do they have beer there??????

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
If I could be on a ship that could warp time and space so as to go anywhere in the universe I would grab my coat and medbag and be on my way out the door in no less than 10 seconds. Heck, even an intergalaxtic startship would be marvelous to travel on. See the different solar systems on the other side of the galaxy. To get to leave behind a corrupt planet of beurocrats, politicians, war-mongers, nutjobs and so on would be against my ethics unless I could take the others not on the list with me. So I would take the first ship and explore but always make sure to come back, hopefully with help in tow from other solar systems... The first inter-galaxtic federation... nice...

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Take Me Away!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If it was possible, anyone who wouldn't want to go must have problems...in my oppinion. Atleast anyone visiting these type of forums, anyway.

I would be completely perplexed as to why anyone wouldn't

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Stamp my ticket and check my baggage.

I'd be willing to do a one way colonization trip to Mars and never return to Earth.
Having people with boots on the ground would likely ensure a good supply line to Earth until the colony could become self-sufficient. Once the first babies started being born, we'd have our first true Martians.

I think this would be a lot more realistic than trying to reach any worlds outside our solar system.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Calm down and set ground rules! King-Lord Leverette commands the ship towards andromeda, and the planet shall be named Leverette!

On the real side, it could be possible to live on mars if what they found there is actual WATER as in h20, then maybe a solar powered hydroponics greenhouse could provide air. (for mars) Not only that, once you have the topside level, you have a downstairs, covered from the walls up with vines and plants, trimmed to look good. It would work, but we need a big rocket with a bunch of oxygen and food to last the trip there and the build process. Unless... the greenhouse is on ship! Generations of people could live there! And I know it's possible... we just need the money.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto
I'll go anywhere thats Muslim-free!

people like you always find enemies to hate no matter where they go... you would probably hate some aliens because they live and think different...

[edit on 23-3-2007 by untilted]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Can I bring Family members?

:::great thanks now I got Rocket Man by Elton John in my head:::::::

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
Can I bring Family members?

:::great thanks now I got Rocket Man by Elton John in my head:::::::

Would I be able to either put Elton on a ship and stay on earth, or jump on a ship and leave him here??

I like Queen - not THE Queen, jeese!! (we could give the rocket man his very own rocket ship - with very limited fuel / air!!!!!
)

[edit on 24/3/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'd would go. If I had a spaceship I could go hunting.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I would go... Earth at this point is so unorganised and populated with insane people...

And hey, who wouldnt want to explore space! *Puts on another Star Trek movie, and his tinfoil-hat*

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I would definitely want to go, provided the ship is equal to or better than NCC 1701 D, Galaxy Class.

Oh, and the captain is one Jean Luc Picard.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I don't know why we're not more into developing large self-sustaining space stations..why leave our sun when there's no need.

Mars and the Moon sure let's set up there,then get artificial satellites happening.

When the tech becomes available I see space stations becoming like small idyllic housing estates,where you need to apply and get on with the other folks before you can buy and move in.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
tighten those sparco belts and lets go!

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Anytime y'all are ready!! I've been waiting for someone to say something like this for a while. Only one small thing; you'll have to pull a BA Barracus on me though, cause I tend to, umm, hate flying.

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
the best thing is we "the settlers" get to be herous and make history like the first king or sometin^^
kids at school are going to learn do homework about our lives

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I would take off and go in a moments notice. As long as I could take my girlfriend, cat, and an unlimited supply of Budweiser. I wouldn't mind never coming back. Earth is getting to be a crazy place.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I would definitely leave provided that:

1) There was somewhere to go.
2) I could get there and explore with a reasonable amount of safety.
3) I could get there fast enough to not be a pile of dust upon arrival.

The last two are the major reasons why mass and/or commercial space flight is not viable yet. I am truely looking forward to the day when we can overcome those obstacles. As far as calling some other place home, I think anyone who left would always call Earth home as it is our home planet just the way we all claim our respective countries in our descriptions.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join