It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is their anybody that wants to leave Earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
In all that I read on the Internet, I have not come across a page that contains
information on any group or body that wants to leave Mother Earth,
and venture out into the Universe and start fresh maybe in the Andromeda Galaxy?

Leaving behind the conspiracies and corupt governments.

Any pages on Private Starships?

Does it say anything in the bible codes?

I would go.....

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'd be in it for the ride

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Would you mind providing us with a link to said website.

As to the question, it depends, is it like a clonization thing, like
with the new world (America), or like moving to a planet with
an alien civilization?

I'd definately go on a colonization type thing, as long as I knew
there was'nt gonna be supply shortages or stuff like that.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well the truth is that I can't at this time say if I wan't to because firstly it needs to be possible for me to leave earth for a distant solar system with enough food for the trip and to get there before I die. And secondly wherever I'm going must appeal to me more than staying on earth. Although I do hope I will still be alive to see the day when we can finally effectively travel to and colonize exo planets. I think we'll need great anti aging breakthroughs for us to reach that time though. So I really hope for them to become a reality sometime in the next few decades because I would certainly want to travel to and live far away on an exo planet when it's possible but I tell ya I'll most likely be living on the moon or mars first, then maybe on some of the moons of saturn before I'm living on some exo planet.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by Elimaku]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'll go anywhere thats Muslim-free!

Shoot...I'll even pay for gas!

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Nope, i'm content with living on this chunk of rock I call home. I can think of a few people that I would like sent to the far reaches of human exploration, never to return, If you get my drift.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Interesting topic...just the other night I was thinking how sad it was that I'd never set foot on another planet/moon. Not sure where that came from, but it was damned depressing. I think I was born either way too early or way too late. No frontiers....

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind doing a little bit of exploring as long as the right technology was provided. Very fast starships so that I could be home for the weekend would be very nice. Unless we suddenly acquire very advanced technology from somewhere, I don't expect this to happen anytime soon.

I did have a dream where I thought about acquiring alien technology and thought it would be very funny if I stopped by to visit Mars. I could stand in a spacesuit and mark writings in the sand for one of the rovers to see and hear about everyone talk about it here on Earth. Then after I got bored I could leave something else. Then I might stop and wave for the rover camera. That would be funny until our government and others tried to steal all my technology.

Many people would not want to leave the comforts of home behind. However we do have lots of astronauts waiting for their turn to ride the space shuttle. That means there are lots of people willing to leave the comforts of home behind to boldly go where few have gone before.

Perhaps one day, settlers on distant planets will have a chance to own vast stretches of land and resources in return for their work and becoming a settler as part of a new colony. If we could quickly and easily travel to other star systems, the resources suddenly available to mankind would be vastly increased.

jra

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I'd definately love to leave Earth (as long as I could come back of course). I'd love to visit every planet in the solar system and see them with my own eyes. Who knows, maybe i'll be able to at least go to the Moon before I die.

[edit on 14-10-2006 by jra]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind going on an adventure, but I wouldn't leave mother Earth as my home.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The ashtray on this rock is pretty much full and 'no way to empty it... if I was young and healthy enough and if there were a Mars Colony, even just a covert outpost I'd be Martian and like it and never look back with even a hint of regret.

Much of what goes on this planet is revolting, uncivilized and as only humans can do - inhumane and there's little to be done that can make a tangible difference... we're out of warranty. Frequenting ATS helps. Plenty good folks here. Plain and simple there's too darn many people jammed together here - I love the far North... walk for days and not see a human being... just their trash and air pollution. I remember the Japanese freakin' about over-population in the sixties... that was 3 billion people less than now. Don't hear too much about overpopulation these days... the subject is almost taboo. Media conditioning and desensitization?

Not that anywhere else would not be difficult, perhaps even deadly. But to be part of the vanguard of a new way of humanity... that's the ticket - start over with less populace.' Sustainable balanced living...

Victor K.

41'

[edit on 14-10-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I personally wouldn't hesitate leaving Earth to go exploring the universe etc how cool would that be? Don't think we'll get further than Mars in my lifetime but hey even that'd be something pretty special.

The people I can really see as a nation making a bigger effort than the rest in getting out there would be China but they're a ways behind yet.

These guys seem to have a pretty good plan:

www.marshome.org...

The question is will they get there or not. Think if they got there it might just work but going to cost a hell of a lot to get there, going to need a government or 3 to back them

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'd definitely leave Earth! It would be a great experience, sometimes I think "I wish I was born later, perhaps when it is possible to go from planet to planet, or perhaps when other life forms have been contacted".

However, as it stands, I'd be willing to take part in the progressive stages of space travel.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by benraiben2k
I'd definitely leave Earth! It would be a great experience, sometimes I think "I wish I was born later, perhaps when it is possible to go from planet to planet, or perhaps when other life forms have been contacted".

I am a strong believer in reincarnation. So if we're not traveling to other planets in this lifetime, I'm sure we will be in the next one. And I'm gonna have one pimped-out ride.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Once my Father is no longer alive i will be happy to leave this rock fiull of pain and hatred.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I'd love to be a pioneer of the "new world" except by the time it will happen I'll probably be in my later years.

I hope we don't stuff up that planet as well

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ever since I was a lad I wanted to go to the stars, given there are wonders on this world, but ive always been pulled towards the stars. Dunno why I just don´t think i fit in here.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bufordny
Leaving behind the conspiracies and corupt governments.

Wherever there is human beings, conspiracies, corruption, and power struggles will exist. It is inevitable. Human nature will always persevere. We abuse power, we speculate, and we consume, consume, consume! No matter what planet, galaxy, etc., we inhabit, eventually we will see the same realities we see here today.

This is who we are.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i'd love to leave this planet and never come back

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The trip's fairly boring after you get used to being sick all the time.

Then when you get there, the day lengths are screwy so you feel like you're working shifts all the time. Which you do, because it costs so much to send you there. So there's no recreation and all the work you can do, 16 hours a day.

At any rate, people are people whereever they go. Learn to enjoy it! Discover all the neat stuff you can do right here. You're better adapted for Earth than anywhere else there is. And you'll still be YOU whereever you go. So if you want to go just to fix something in yourself, it's still going to be an issue. A two month trip to Planet Dirt isn't going to make it better, unless what you're missing is a lot of work.

Turn off the computer! Get out! Learn how to dive, rappel, ski, canoe down some rapids, walk into the wilderness with what you can fit into a butt pack for two weeks. Go to Austria. Go walkabout in the empty bits of Australia. See New Zealand.

Take a physics class. Learn to be an EMT. Something. There's a ton of adventure right around you. There's no place like home, and you're already there!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join