It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is their anybody that wants to leave Earth?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by biotic

Oh god i'm so glad there are so many people out there who feel as i do !yay!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Yes. How? There are moments I can't stand any more minutes on this crazy planet, I get physically sick these times

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Definitely! Just give the ship FTL speed and artificial gravity. I'd have a very hard time saying no to such an offer. I'm hoping the technological singularity can help this happen during my lifetime. Unfortunately, maybe it won't happen during our lifetimes, but I sure hope it does!

[edit on 30-10-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I'm in,
I speak fluent Spanish, if that's any use.
Would love to visit the Pleadies.
The guy who runs Tesla Motors - Elon Musk, is the nearest potential commercial space travel provider out there.
Uncommercial/Covert, there's probably lots of ways.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by HiAliens]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Yes please but why make an already near impossible mission trillion times more impossible by going to another galaxy?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
They wouldn't have to ask me twice, if I wanted to leave Earth. The answer would be 'yes'.

It pains me to see people suffering through greed and neglect. People starving that shouldn't be starving. Man's inhumanity to man. There are a plethora of reasons why I would leave.

Being disabled, I find and see so much cruelty around me that I can't bear it. I see so many charities reaching out for real people in need. It pains me to see so many people suffering and being powerless to do anything about it. I don't have the finances to help all the charities that I would help.

To see another's suffering pains me deeply. To know that their suffering is down to greed and other man-made problems makes me even more depressed. Even if I could give away what little I have to somebody else, there are so many more that would still be lacking.

It is so heartbreaking living on Earth, and being powerless to stop it. People starving because the land has been stripped bare or through war etc. Children dying that should be thriving. It brings me to tears. So many need help and not being able to help them, or knowing who to help (who has the most need, as all their needs are great)is overwhelming.

I wouldn't want to leave Earth to run away from the problems, but because I can no longer bear to see any more suffering of my fellow man/womankind.

So, yes, I would go in a heartbeat.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Yes actually I have been thinking about this, just need a few billion dollars to get me started :-)

I have a specific plan, to find an appropriate asteroid, tunnel into it and live inside it.

There are some things you need to bring along, like solar panels, one to two ion drives, and the kit for a hydroponics farm.

Bolt the ion drives on the back of the asteroid so it can be pushed along, the acceleration will be very small but it doesn't matter if you live there, no hurry to get anywhere. Long term it would probably be good to move it inside Earth orbit so the solar panels get more power.

The tunnels would be circles centred on the axis of the asteroid, then you can start it spinning and have some gravity.

You probably need to 'import' a lot of water, the easiest way would be find a small ice asteroid and crash that into your chosen iron asteroid (before you start !)

Inside an iron asteroid you would be safe from radiation, all the stuff you dig out during tunneling will be useful material either to make things or to use as 'fuel' for the ion engine.

The main problem is how much organic material do you need to create a viable eco-system.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I would spend my life hurtling through space alone if given the chance just to witness what is out there. If the actual oppertunity ever came up to leave earth in any means I would be all over it.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I like many others would love to leave earth. We seem to be stuck here, for what i like to call a prison planet. Persoanlly i think this is hell, where any piece of trash seems to get far, while people who do nothing are shat on from a great height.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The earth is a nice place to visit, but I wouldnt want to live ther!

I would leave earth in a flash, wave goodbye to all the crap and pretty bull that flies in front of our eyes everyday.
This earth has turned into a mockery. We complain about wars but yet its our own govenments that give the fighting countries the tech or the hardware to build weapons. I mean, how can a third world contry discover the means and hows to build such bombs and weapons.

The world is full of greedy war mongering power hungery monkeys.
Technology is out there and can be found for anyone who wants to build a space craft. We are all told that it is impossible or highly dangerous, to stop us from trying.

The only reason it has not been brought into the public view or made open source. is just because of people like us on here, we would build a craft and leave the earth. If you leave earth you cannot be a slave or pay tax.

The whole concept of the way of life makes me feel ill, the fact we chastis and degrade everyone for our own profit.
The world is stuck in self preservation mode.
Monkey is still full of greed from gold.
Humans will kill themselves.
Greed will kill greed.

Yes I would leave now if offered, I am embaressed to be human.
I am embaressed that we call our brothers in other countries our enamies untill we get our own way....

A conspiracy = distraction from whats realy happening in your world.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Are you kidding me?!!!!
Of COURSE I would go. In a second. Just a few conditions. My family comes with me. Or, they have perfect understanding of where and why I'm going so that they don't worry about what has happened to me.

Oh, and one other thing. The damned aliens cannot come get me in the middle of the NIGHT!! (I've already made this perfectly clear, though. So that shouldn't be a problem. haha)
Seriously though, why do they come to people at night?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I often dream of leaving all the corruption and mess living with like minded people completley sepereated from the rest of society.
Away from the religious nuts.
Away from the politicians.
Away from the stupid materialistic sheep that make up the population.

It would be so nice if it could ever be done. I doubt that they would let anyone leave. It would be like if we moved to our own island they would still believe we were bound to them, they would try to control and manipulate us. We could attempt to build a private agency that would start research and developement on new space flight technology but nasa would get all pissy about it.

In the end this peaceful fantasy of a utopia of our own constuction outside of earth is nothing more than that a fantasy. One that will not be easily fulfilled now or anytime in the future. No matter what trying to run away from our earthly problems doesnt work. we cant just run, we have to fight for the change we wish to see in our lives.

Not only that but space flight isnt like it is in star wars, it would take forever to get where we would go and it would probabably be some sort of cabin fever thing going on.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by caballero]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

I agree with that totally.
Not that people HAVEN'T been allowed to leave, just that you aren't going to leave unless you show OUTSTANDING righteousness.
For those of us who still show our humanly flaws, we are stuck here until we can change it ourselves.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The nearest I get to leaving this planet is hopping up and down.

No place like home.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'd like to experience other worlds, so I'm in.

Not sure I could cope with the usual batch of paranoia that most ATS people have though..

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
for humanity to survive, we will have to eventually leave this planet and settle others, otherwise we just stay put here until a meteor comes and destroys everything,

I'd take my chances with space in that case

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'd go...but not without my wife.

I'd have to echo Chissler's sentiments though...the corruption is in us...so we wouldn't be leaving it...

Still, I think there is something to be said for the strength of the pioneering spirit overcoming some of that....

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I would totally go. I think this world has took a couple wrong turns and I think a few people should start over and maybe correct some mistakes we made on Earth. I actually have had this idea for some time and am currently working on plans to build a rocket to take appx. ten people with me.

Anyone who is actually serious about going should let me know!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It's natural to want to explore but how could you know you would want to leave this earth permanently without experiencing the destination first? What if it's some horrible dismal rocky outcrop?
And why is it you so desperately want to abandon this earth? Is it the earth itself? No it's the people. Oh but hang on, you take the people problem with you. Human nature will be human nature whether it's London, Mars or Timbuctoo.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
sure, but we could figure out a way to sort all that out. I'm still going. i have invested too much money in this rocket and I'm not turning back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join