It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Plane Crashes Into Building In NY

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Just got back from the crash. Spoke with a cop and he said that witnesses said they heard the engine cut out and then it started to look like it was trying to make it to the river. Sounds like a malfunction of some sort

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ok the address of the building is 524 East 72nd street. Does this seem odd? 7+2=9 5+2+4 = 11. Coincidence?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
Shouldn't security in NYC have been 'tighter than usual' at the moment due to the fact the UN Security Council are meeting all week?

Kick - There is a VFR (visual flight rules) navigation corridor over the Hudson River from NY Harbor all the way up to the Bear Mtn. Bridge. Small planes can fly in this area under 2,000 feet without submitting a flight plan and without communication with ATC.

link   
Fox just said that a UN officials pregnant wife was in there. My guess is they live there. I hope shes ok.

link   

Originally posted by NJStomp
Just got back from the crash. Spoke with a cop and he said that witnesses said they heard the engine cut out and then it started to look like it was trying to make it to the river. Sounds like a malfunction of some sort

ats boots on the ground. thanks for the wonderful contribution. cnn doesnt even have such information yet.

wats for hitting the scene for ats.

You have voted NJStomp for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
To answer a few questions, yes you can fly around NYC in a GA aircraft as long as you stay out of their airspace (which is as much an altitude as it is radius thing --- think of an upside-down wedding cake) without being with ATC. Few experienced pilots would do that though. I know I for one prefer to be with ATC so they can alert me of other traffic that is in my vicinity. I sincerely doubt the pilot was doing aerobatics (unless we have a serious mental health situation here). More likely they were doing some sightseeing and the pilot got too low and slow, stalled the plane and attempted to recover from the stall which could result in some wild maneuvering. Clearly he/she failed to recover. Deliver anthrax, chemicals or WMD's via small plane? Why bother when a Ryder truck would work just as well, be easier to position, carry an enormously larger load and draw little or no attention?

As a GA pilot I can only imagine what this is going to do to us now. After 9/11 the government dumped all sorts of legislation and restrictions on us -- despite the fact that we had nothing to do with it. We still can't fly into the DC area airports without going through a process that is ridiuculous in the extreme. As usual if the government can't do anything to fix a problem they can at least do something highly visible to make it look like they are.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmexplorer
I wish people would stop obsessing over the date and this whole numbers
thing, okay its October 11th, get over it!
Theres 2 people reportedly dead after the crash and there may be others injured
due to the fire, thats what's truly worrying. Please show some respect for these people. If we find out there's anything suspicious about this crash then we can discuss the details but at least give it a few hours when there will surely be some clarity about the situation.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by pmexplorer]

Calm down Nancy. I was just pointing out a weird mathematical coincidence. It's not disrespectful to immediately think of 911. Get a grip.

7+2 = 9
5+2+4 = 11

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
here is an excuse for bush to remind us of the horrors of 9/11 just weeks before the election.

how convenient for him . i see no reason he should go on camera talking about this if it was simply an accident, but i feel like he will respond to it. americans probably need some calming right now

Why don't you just come right out and say Karl Rove was flying the plane by remote control?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The first tower hit was an 'accident' at first too remember. Makes one wonder how the hell ti could ahve happened, I mean, what if it had a 'suitcase nuke' on board, or another type of WMD?

I am glad that there are planes up, as they should be. The Bush/election comments was a little to Cindy Sheethan to me....

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jolly1970
Ok the address of the building is 524 East 72nd street. Does this seem odd? 7+2=9 5+2+4 = 11. Coincidence?

I already pointed that out. Yes it does seem odd. Just a very strange coincidence I assume.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky

here is an excuse for bush to remind us of the horrors of 9/11 just weeks before the election.

how convenient for him . i see no reason he should go on camera talking about this if it was simply an accident, but i feel like he will respond to it. americans probably need some calming right now

Why don't you just come right out and say Karl Rove was flying the plane by remote control?

i said it was convenient for him. do you disagree? now everyone in america has a reminder of 9/11 live on tv. i have stated many times it was an accident. quit assuming things or attempting to put words into my mouth.
TYVM

Originally posted by esdad71

I am glad that there are planes up, as they should be. The Bush/election comments was a little to Cindy Sheethan to me....

are you saying american politicians wouldnt use something like this to benefit themselves? they will go to any extent to be elected.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm leaning towards accident, the building is of no strategic importance to a terrorist. Plus a small engine plane wouldn't do much damage.

Although, I'm actually remembering a case of teenager crashing a plane into a building somewhere, and it turned out he admired Al Qaeda. Could this be a case like that again?

[edit on 10/11/2006 by Kacen]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJStomp

ats boots on the ground. thanks for the wonderful contribution. cnn doesnt even have such information yet.

wats for hitting the scene for ats.

You have voted NJStomp for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Thanks, just trying to fill people in a little.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Now in: 4 confirmed dead. 2 in the plane, 2 on the ground

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
First, thank you both pilots and persons in New York for the heads-up, I think it puts ATS "way above" as a valuable up-to-date source of information. It answers a lot of questions about flight plans and official's perspectives.

If it were chemical or nuclear, no doubt we'd see some indication. Colored smoke with chemical or much larger explosion with nuclear unless it was a dud.

Political motivation is highly unlikely, it bumped the budget deficit being half of what it was 4 years ago off the page.

With the money put into one of those apartments, no doubt someone who owned an apartment there could afford a plane. Do you think he was aiming for some place or someone in particular? It takes domestic violence to a new extreme but when one is spiraling out of control in a relationship people have been known to do some very unusual things. Not saying it's the case, but think we should all keep all possibilities open until more facts are available.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by saint4God]

[edit on 11-10-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I actually am at work right now and live on the floor that was hit. So far the police have told me that it was a small 4 person plane that had shouted a mayday before hitting the building. I can't believe this, you never think it's going to happen to you.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen

Although, I'm actually remembering a case of teenager crashing a plane into a building somewhere, and it turned out he admired Al Qaeda. Could this be a case like that again?

here is what you are talking about. this time it seems like just an accident.

reminds you of the plane crash in tampa years ago.
archives.cnn.com...

i hope everyone on your floor is ok skooter. did the buildings sprinklers put out the fire? i was picking my kid up from school i didnt catch how the fire was extinguished.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
I'm leaning towards accident, the building is of no strategic importance to a terrorist. Plus a small engine plane wouldn't do much damage.

You have a good memory, I believe that was in Miami.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Sky News in the UK has just reported that the pilot was a NY Yankees pitcher with another player as passenger.

Cory Lidle

[edit on 11-10-2006 by timeless test]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Small planes have been flying around for years without any incident, that I'm aware of, of ever hitting high-rise buildings. Now, including 9/11/2001, there have been three: 9/11; the building in florida where the al Qaeda-loving teen flew a plane; and now this event.

I'm putting my money on this being a deliberate act of some sort.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join