It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Plane Crashes Into Building In NY

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hmm...

1979: Yankees player Thurman Munson flies a plane out of Teterboro Airport, NJ, and mysteriously crashes a short while later.

2006: Yankees player Cory Lidle flies a plane out of Teterboro Airport, NJ, and mysteriously crashes a short while later.

Coincidence?

[edit on 10/11/2006 by Kacen]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think I read somewhere that Steinbrenner has a clause in contracts that says his players can't fly their own planes. Might be wrong about that but I think it is true and it was done, obviously, after they lost Thurmon Munson.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sorry, they want all plane comments posted here. Here's a title that I put up:

"NY Yankees Pitcher Dies to Prove a Point --Passports Survive Crashes"

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cletus_Lives

I doubt he meant to die to prove this point; however, it is an interesting data point that the 9/11 CT's need to deal with.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I was asked to substantiate the claim to my thread. Here it is:

www.cnn.com...

It's in the highlight box, the part that says "passport recovered".

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Hmm...

1979: Yankees player Thurman Munson flies a plane out of Teterboro Airport, NJ, and mysteriously crashes a short while later.

2006: Yankees player Cory Lidle flies a plane out of Teterboro Airport, NJ, and mysteriously crashes a short while later.

Coincidence?

[edit on 10/11/2006 by Kacen]

That is wierd. Any one have any comments?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by Cletus_Lives

I doubt he meant to die to prove this point; however, it is an interesting data point that the 9/11 CT's need to deal with.

apples and oranges.

if you cant see the difference in size, speed, amout of fuel, amount of debris, size of xplosion, ect , ect ,ect , then i dont know what to say. its just not the same. can the 9/11 believers deal with this? im not saying the fact attas passport was found proved anything , im just saying its not at all the same.

just the odds of lidles passport being found and the odds of attas passport with all the circumstances are completely different. attas would have been like a needle in a haystack. probably harder to find.

if you want to compare the two, explain to me why the building didnt melt and fall in the lidle accident.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
agreed, you cannot compare a little cessna hitting a building with a pair of passenger jets hitting the world trade center.

I don't doubt that Atta's passport was found in the rubble and I don't doubt that he was a terrorist involved in the task but I don't think you can say this proves anything.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think it was just a tragic accident, but if you're just craving a conspiracy, this might be the fodder you're looking for.

Lidle was an outcast among some teammates throughout his career because he became a replacement player in 1995, when major leaguers were on strike.

news.yahoo.com

Biography for Cory Lidle

Trivia
Pitcher for New York Mets (1997), Tampa Bay Devil Rays (1999-2000), Oakland Athletics (2001-02), Toronto Blue Jays (2003), Cincinnati Reds (2004), Philadelphia Phillies (2004-2006), and New York Yankees (2006-present).

While Major League Baseball players were on strike, Lidle (who was in the lower-level minor leagues for the New York Mets) was used as a replacement player by the Mets during spring training in 1995. Because of this, he is unable to be a part of the Major League Baseball Players Association, preventing his name or likeness from being on MLB licensed products, including video games.

www.imdb.com...

[edit on 2006/10/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
agreed, you cannot compare a little cessna hitting a building with a pair of passenger jets hitting the world trade center.

So where is the cutoff of plane size where a passport could be ejected from a fireball? A Lear Jet, a 727, definitely not a 767 since that's what hit the WTC....where?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
More:

Controversies

After being traded by the Phillies in July 2006 at the trade deadline Lidle called out his former team. "On the days I'm pitching, it's almost a coin flip as to know if the guys behind me are going to be there to play 100 percent." He noted he was joining a Yankees team that expects to win all the time.

"That's why I'm most excited about it," Lidle said. "Sometimes I felt I got caught up kind of going into the clubhouse nonchalantly sometimes, because all of the other guys in the clubhouse didn't go there with one goal in mind."

In response former teammate Arthur Rhodes said, "He is a scab. When he started, he would go 5 1/3 innings and (the bullpen) would have to win the game for him. The only thing Cory Lidle wants to do is fly around in his airplane and gamble. He doesn't have a work ethic. After every start, he didn't run or lift weights. He would sit in the clubhouse and eat ice cream. ... He shouldn't say that, he shouldn't say anything like that because he is a scab. He crossed the line when guys like me, Flash (Tom Gordon) and (Mike) Lieberthal were playing. He is a replacement player."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

So where is the cutoff of plane size where a passport could be ejected from a fireball? A Lear Jet, a 727, definitely not a 767 since that's what hit the WTC....where?

where is the cutoff point for buildings melting and falling? its apples and oranges so the fact they found lidles passport says nothing.
peace

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Tragic Accident!

Take a moment and pay respects. In all the controversy and/or conspiracy hype, we can not forget that innocent lives were lost today.

This man was a human being first and foremost, a husband and father, then a ballplayer.

I hope his family can make it through this rough time. One major victim in all of this is his son, Christopher, who will grow up without a father.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I don't doubt that Atta's passport was found in the rubble and I don't doubt that he was a terrorist involved in the task but I don't think you can say this proves anything.

Nothing of Atta's was actually ever found at WTC, not even his DNA. The only passport found belonged to Satam Al Suqami. . . I was under the same misconception a while back. .
Here's the link to the info in the 911 Commission report;

www.9-11commission.gov...

Funny how everyone thinks it's Atta's until they find out. ( Including myself! ).

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yes chissler, I apologize for my part in taking this off topic.

I had the same thing happen to me, my father died in his own plane when I was 15, of course changing my life forever.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the dead.

[edit on 10/11/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Sorry, duplicate post

[edit on 10/11/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2PacSadeFunny how everyone thinks it's Atta's until they find out. ( Including myself! ).

just responding to the posters above who mentioned it.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Tragic Accident!

Take a moment and pay respects. In all the controversy and/or conspiracy hype, we can not forget that innocent lives were lost today.

This man was a human being first and foremost, a husband and father, then a ballplayer.

I hope his family can make it through this rough time. One major victim in all of this is his son, Christopher, who will grow up without a father.

Thanx for the thought also chissler . It's very hard sometimes to understand what's actually going on unless it directlty affects us personally. . . I pray for his kin also. . .

spelling

[edit on 11-10-2006 by 2PacSade]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
if cory lidle was on the plane i want to send my prayers to his family and the whole yankee organization. to all the people who lost loved ones i pray for you. if it is confirmed cory lidle died today, i hope the honor him at the mets game tonight.

i would like to add to this and say im very very sorry for his son. my best friend was recently murdered and her child is going to grow up without a father and mother so i know the pain this family will feel.

the death of cory lidle only goes to show how valuable every single humans life is, and how small the world can seem at times.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
After reading this thread I'm just a little embarrassed to even be on ATS. The worst of human nature played out over a few pages of text. Now I'm sure the media will make his family's life a living hell for a few days with wild speculation.
By the time I'm off work, I'll bet it is blamed on Bush somehow.
I see one of you already started down that path.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join