It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Plane Crashes Into Building In NY

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
breaking news, just saw on cnn a small plane has crashed into a building in new york city. it happened on east 71st . Just broke on cnn 30 seconds ago.

more to come.

now cnn is reporting it was reported to be a small aircraft, so they think it could have been a helicopter. smoke is visible in the new york skyline.

story is still developing.
[edit on 11-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Reports are that it is an apartment building that is now on fire. Also reports of another fire nearby...no word on cause.

Just reported that it was a helicopter that crashed, not confirmed yet though.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Initial reports make it sound like an accident. Not terrorism, thank God.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
sheesh. 4 apartments are apparently on fire. No word on casualties. Been trying to get my sister on the phone. She lives on 74th and 1st. The crash is at 72nd and york - a few blocks away.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Crakeur]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
at first they made it sound like there was a high rise apartment building on fire in ny city not related to the aircraft crash. now it sounds like it might be related.

they are saying it was a small airplane, almost confirming it.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm watching local NBC news

WNBC New York

NEW YORK -- A plane or helicopter has crashed into a building on 71st and York on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, causing explosions.
WNBC.com will provide more details as soon as they become available.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

They think it was a helicopter now but still not 100% sure, seems to be an accident though.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I expect this page to get updated...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
cnn is reporting it was a multiple engine plane. reminds you of the plane crash in tampa years ago.
archives.cnn.com...

i assume the passengers are dead, but i pray no one in the building has also died.

its time to see new yorks finest at work. i wish good luck and godspeed to the firefighters.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
524 east 72nd is the address. my sister just said it's like 9/11. people are running, panicked, in the streets. she's on the roof watching so I'll update when I can

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
FAA is reporting it was was a small aviation aircraft. 72nd and York Ave.

Apparently fuel and parts of the plane are ablaze on the ground.

I certainly hope no one was in those apartments at the time of impact.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I live not far from there and from my POV, it is kind of overcast or even a bit foggy out there, but I really don't see how someone could just accidently run into a building unless there was a mechanical failure in the craft.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Oh man how can this happen in NEW YORK CITY after 9/11? Even though it looks like a small plane and unlikely to be terror related this kinda thing should have been off the menu since 9/11 2001 surely? Clearly then New York is just as vulnerable as it was back then, what was homeland sec. and patriot act for? and it's 10/11 today

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
FAA is reporting it was was a small aviation aircraft. 72nd and York Ave.

Apparently fuel and parts of the plane are ablaze on the ground.

I certainly hope no one was in those apartments at the time of impact.

I hope the building doesn't collapse. Assuming the facility operates under the same physics and principles of the WTC....

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I was wondering.. Isnt there any kind of automatic fire-extingishers in those kind of buildings?

Edit: CNN reports that the fire-department says that it is a helicopter.

Edit2: A federal aviation authority now says its a fixed plane... Oh well..

[edit on 11/10/06 by Thain Esh Kelch]

[edit on 11/10/06 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
even if this was an accident, think of the memories it will bring back to new yorkers.

the fire is spreading, i hope for the best from this.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
CNN reporting that it is a fixed wing airplane.

Is there a exclusion no fly zone for small aircraft in that particular area?????

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
FBI joint terroist taskforce is now on scene but i suppose that is now protocol for such an event

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
CNN reporting that it is a fixed wing airplane.

On top of that, they just said that the aircraft was not in contact with air traffic controllers. I assume that would be why they didn't know what form of aircraft it was at first. This is just enough to frazzle nerves considerable. My best goes to our friends in Manhattan.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
4-seater white plane according to a witness. It looked like it was doing 'acrobatics'.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I wonder if the plane made a mayday call. I hope thare was no anthrax or cemicals on the plane.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join