It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Plane Crashes Into Building In NY

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
After reading this thread I'm just a little embarrassed to even be on ATS. The worst of human nature played out over a few pages of text. Now I'm sure the media will make his family's life a living hell for a few days with wild speculation.
By the time I'm off work, I'll bet it is blamed on Bush somehow.
I see one of you already started down that path.

im sorry but i just read through every post on this thread, and not one of them is starting down a road to blame this on bush.

you sir are spreading misinformation
. that is the biggest reason ive seen in this thread to cause anyone embarrassment in their ats membership. ats motto is deny ignorance and spreading lies does not support the ats motto.

you are the ONLY person who said anything like bush had something to do with it.
peace

[edit on 11-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
After reading this thread I'm just a little embarrassed to even be on ATS. The worst of human nature played out over a few pages of text. Now I'm sure the media will make his family's life a living hell for a few days with wild speculation.
By the time I'm off work, I'll bet it is blamed on Bush somehow.
I see one of you already started down that path.

Well put.
The mere fact that this thread has included words like atta and conspiracy etc etc is shameful.
It was a tragic accident that resulted in the loss of at least two lives. Hopefully there will be no other casulaties. We should be thinking of these persons families at this point and not trying to make ridiculous comparisons with events like 9/11. If it had happened in any other city outside the US I dare say it would not make headline news.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by pmexplorer]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The only conspiracy I found was the "NY Yankees Pitcher--Passports Survive Crashes"

Just like the passprot found at the WTC collapse, how could they find a passport after the plane explodes?!
Someone tell me what this is all about!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmexplorer
We should be thinking of these persons families at this point and not trying to make ridiculous comparisons with events like 9/11. If it had happened in any other city outside the US I dare say it would not make headline news.

everyone here wants the best outcome of any tragedy. a plane hit a highrise building in nyc. the news break was exactly like the newsbreak on 9/11. a plane hit a highrise building in nyc, how is this incident a ridiculous comparison to 9/11?

on 9/11 a plane hit a highrise building if you forgot. i may have soudned like i was repeating myself,it was intentional because its an obvious comparison. terrorism or not.

i hope lidle is remembered in nyc at the mets game tomorrow. this reminds me of the day the cardinals pitcher darryl kile was found dead in his hotel room . it hurt every cardinal fan across america. i wish to send my regards to all yankee fans.

peace

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
you are the ONLY person who said anything like bush had something to do with it.

Are you kidding?

is this carl roves october suprise. im sure some americans are feeling the fear of 9/11 right now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
its called sarcasm grady. and i still stand by the fact that i didnt say BUSH was responsible for this. i dont think carl was responsible for it either, ive just noticed the quote "carl roves october suprise"has been used on ats a couple times so i used it sarcastically while the event was unfolding.

you are smart enough to see that.
or do you really think i believe carl rove had something to do with this?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
The only conspiracy I found was the "NY Yankees Pitcher--Passports Survive Crashes"

Just like the passprot found at the WTC collapse, how could they find a passport after the plane explodes?!

yeah i saw that. thats the first thing i thought of. there were also special forces or swat or or cops or someone there with heavy machine guns on the ground. just in case i guess.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The bodies of the plane's occupants were found on the street.

"There were no bodies found in the building, the only two bodies found were on the street," he said.

"Obviously when the plane hit part of it went into the building but the rest of it fell straight down. It's very tragic but that's what it is."

www.2gb.com

[edit on 2006/10/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

cnn just stated the fire is not spreading . the first picture i saw there was two windows engulfed, then i saw a picture of 4 windows on fire. i hope this fire is put out and the cause found to be simple pilot error or soemthing like a heartattack.

is this carl roves october suprise. im sure some americans are feeling the fear of 9/11 right now.

i think the dates you are looking for are 3/11 and 7/7 , maybe im wrong.

you should have posted my whole quote. before my carl rove comment i stated what i actually thought it might be. simple pilot error or something like a heartattack.

i still ask you to find where someone started down a path to blame this on bush.

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Are you kidding?

no im not kidding i really would like to be shown where anyone started to blame this on bush. tyvm

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

"Obviously when the plane hit part of it went into the building but the rest of it fell straight down. It's very tragic but that's what it is."

www.2gb.com

yes.
that is obvious.
when a plane strikes a building, at least SOME of it should fall down on the outside, while some goes into the building.

that didn't happen with either 'plane' at the WTC on 911.
because, there were no planes.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted byelitegamer23

everyone here wants the best outcome of any tragedy. a plane hit a highrise building in nyc. the news break was exactly like the newsbreak on 9/11. a plane hit a highrise building in nyc, how is this incident a ridiculous comparison to 9/11?

on 9/11 a plane hit a highrise building if you forgot. i may have soudned like i was repeating myself,it was intentional because its an obvious comparison. terrorism or not.
[edit on 11-10-2006 byelitegamer23 ]

Yes of course, a plane crashing is nyc or any american city is going to
be headline news immediately or any such incident involving aircraft or high rise buildings I imagine.However at this point we are all aware of the facts of todays events, and that is what I was getting at. It has been established who the pilot was and so on, and that there is no or was no apparent terrorist threat. yet there are still some here bringing up 9/11 related material which is uncalled for I feel.
That was my point plus the tone of some of the remarks posted were far from respectful when considering that two seemingly innocent civilians perished in this tragedy.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

yes.
that is obvious.
when a plane strikes a building, at least SOME of it should fall down on the outside, while some goes into the building.

u cant compare the two incidents. its like comparing apples to oranges. planes did hit the twin towers on 9/11. speed, weight, amount of fuel, ect, ect, there are so many differences. the only similiarity is the fact they were both events where a plane hit a highrise in new york city. the rest of the details are very different.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
First and foremost, condolences for the friends and family of the deceased.

This is a good time for sprinkler systems 101.

Fire suppresion in the way of sprinklers is quite a neat thing. The systems work extermely well in either putting out the fire, or at leat removing enough heat to keep it manageble untiil some attack lines can put it out. This is the same for WTC. Each sprinkler head will most times have a small glass vial that has some liquid and a bubble in it. When this liquid reaches 155 degrees (unless in a kitchen over a stove) the bubble expands and breaks the glass vial. This turns only the sprinkler heads directly above the fire on. This does two things. First it makes it so the limited amount of availible water until the FD arrives is concentrated over the fire only. Second it keeps excessive damage to a minimum.

Now the neat part. Every building with a sprinkler system has a fire department connection. What we do is connect an engine/pumper to this connection, we then throttle up and super charge it with the power of a class A pumper. This makes each on of those sprinlers into a very effective fire hose. This is why those fire trucks on 911 were crushed, they were right next to that building forcing 300 lbs of water pressure into that building. All large buildings have redundent lines leading to the sprinkler system, and this is what keeps it from losing control. That is why you see so much white steam coming form the floors on WTC, they were cooling the fires and keeping it from getting too hot.

It is this fact and many other that made me come here in the first place. Of course you dont hear this from the media. Most people dont realize we super charge the system with multiple apperatus.

By the way, kudos to FDNY for making everyone safe today!!

[edit on 11-10-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

www.2gb.com

yes.
that is obvious.

ill i can do is shake my head. your ignorance is just plain scarry.

1.) there is a difference between a plane flying around 100mph with the weight of a large car compared to an object 170,000lbs at 500mph. honestly, what do you think would be a more violent collison.

2.) dude, i sat there during live t.v and saw a friggen plane fly into the building.

3.) tons of pictures and videos of a nyc police officer blocking off evidence of a jet engine a block down the road next to a stop sign.

im sorry but if you were sincere, your a joke and everything you stadn for is a joke. There was no conspiracy. Sometimes the simplest choice is the answer. Some people hate what america stands for, and acted out on it. Explosions at the base of the tower......... that amount of fuel has to expand somehwer wehn lit. traveld down the elavator shoots. Which is how people were burnt at the bottom.

sorry for spelling

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
First and foremost, condolences for the friends and family of the deceased.

This is a good time for sprinkler systems 101.

great post lonegunman, i love any and all knowledge and that was interesting to me.

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
kudos to FDNY for making everyone safe today!!

i second that notion.

peace

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The government really needs to ban VFR over big cities, this is ridiculous! The only pilots flying over heavily populated areas should be under IFR with a filed flight plan with constant communications with air traffic control.

edit:

Plus, be experienced enough to have a basic commercial license.

[edit on 10/11/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
10-11-6 upside down = 9-11-01

godlikeproductions.com.../11/06

Its kinda an odd coincidence. Anyone else catch that?

[edit on 12-10-2006 by JohnDoe43]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnDoe43
10-11-06 upside down = 90-11-01

Which is completely meaningless. If it were 09-11-01, it could be interesting.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I'm sorry but I can not get past the whole

Would you mind letting the rest of us in on whats so humorous?

I know members would not laugh at the tragic death of an innocent life, so I am sure I am missing something. Somebody please fill me in, I need a good laugh.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
You know what. It's tragedy and all that this happened. It brings back many very bad memories there in New York and, everywhere for that matter. But that is EXACTLY the reason why I think there is more to this story. Label me whatever you want, but there has to be more. Think about it..

Look at all that has gone on in the last few weeks and months. All the terror scares. All the bomb threats. All the threats of war. Nuclear detonations going off. School shootings. Then this? It's to create fear. It's a sign of things to come. It's all planned. It was all to plant images of 9/11 back in our heads. To remind us how much we need our government. To make us say "ya know..its terrible..but thank god it wasn't worse. it could have been worse".

I'm not downplaying any deaths in this whatsoever. I'm simply stating how I see it. Gut feeling is there is more to this. That's not my "conspiracy theorist" side talking. That's my common sense side talking. It's just too weird..

Something will happen this month
Watch out tomorrow
Friday the 13th
Good luck to everybody

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join