It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Plane Crashes Into Building In NY

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skooter_NB
I actually am at work right now and live on the floor that was hit. So far the police have told me that it was a small 4 person plane that had shouted a mayday before hitting the building. I can't believe this, you never think it's going to happen to you.

hopefully your apartment didn't get damaged. Most of the newer buildings in NYC have self contained units that keep fires from spreading. I remember, a few years back, I was home sick with a nasty infection and a fever of about 105 and there was a fire two floors below my apartment. Everyone was told to stay put as the fire was not able to spread. I sat on my terrace, smoking cigarettes (genius with strep throat that I was) watching the firemen work. Happy rainbows in my fevered state. My wife was on the street in a panic thinking I was not ok since I wasn't answering the phone. The firemen assured her they would locate me if I left the apartment but they said it was practically impossible for the fire to spread up to our floor unless embers blew out of the apartment on fire and back into another window.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It turns out the plane was being bought by Yankee pitcher, Cory Lidle. He was in the process of buying it and was on board.

It's confirmed, Cory Lidle was on the plane.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by enjoies05]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
Sky News in the UK has just reported that the pilot was a NY Yankees pitcher with another player as passenger.

Cory Lidle

[edit on 11-10-2006 by timeless test]

No way! Is that a joke? I know the Yankees were just eliminated from playoffs. I wonder if it was a depressed team member?

Was it on TV there? Looking on skynews.com and don't see anything.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
No, not a joke. He was on board. Not sure about another Yankee player on board though.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Passenger is unconfirmed but has been reported in UK

Plane was a Cirrus SR20 - apperently bought 7 months ago by Lidle.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
He should have been reporting to the Air Control but didn't for some reason. The plane made no contact with air control.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Reports that cory lidel of the yankess was on that plan. Not confirmed yet though

Sorry didn't refresh before I posted this.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by NJStomp]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Fox is now reporting it was registered to Cory Lidle.

Breaking, his passport was found on ground below crash!

[edit on 11-10-2006 by on_yur_6]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Corey Lidle has to be the most accident prone person I've ever seen. For those of you that don't read the sports pages, the yankee pitcher has been hurt since they signed him and he was in an accident (his car, he was driving) earlier in the season and he broke or bruised two ribs and kept it from the team, further aggrivating his injuries.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It is OCTOBER THE 11
OCTOBER THE 11
OCTOBER THE 11

Yes 11 once again.

But why are they taking so long? for an hour it has been burning that was probably an hour ago.

Yes its is out now I just been updated, but it took ages.

So remember it takes a long time to switch those flames off if you live high up.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
wow that is unreal it was cory lidle.

this is his stats page from the yankees website. it has his picture if you are interested.

newyork.yankees.mlb.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6

I have to say thats pretty weird to have his passport on him unless its needed to be able to get the plane off the ground, do any pilots in the US know about this?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Originally posted by on_yur_6

I have to say thats pretty weird to have his passport on him unless its needed to be able to get the plane off the ground, do any pilots in the US know about this?

Well, now that the Yankees have been eliminated, maybe he was going on vacation out of country.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
if cory lidle was on the plane i want to send my prayers to his family and the whole yankee organization. to all the people who lost loved ones i pray for you. if it is confirmed cory lidle died today, i hope the honor him at the mets game tonight.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
He should have been reporting to the Air Control but didn't for some reason. The plane made no contact with air control.

Why would he be required to report to ATC? If he was flying under the NY Class B airspace it wouldn't be required --- although most of us would just for traffic advisories. But it isn' a requirement otherwise.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
here the link about it.

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20061011/ap_on_re_us/manhattan_plane_crash_24

NEW YORK - A small plane with New York Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle aboard crashed into a 50-story condominium tower Wednesday on Manhattan's Upper East Side, killing at least four people and raining flaming debris on sidewalks, authorities said. There was no immediate confirmation Lidle was among the dead.

more at that link.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
FAA is listing the status of the aircraft as "Questionable".

registry.faa.gov...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that Lidle made an emergency call before the crash and spoke of possible fuel problems. A witness on the ground who is also a pilot said that he believed that the pilot was desperately trying to turn the plane back to La Guardia.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well this is an interesting twist, unfortunatly I know nothing about baseball or sports in general.

Still I feel sad for him and his family.

CX

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
NORAD commander is saying on the news that there are still lots of armed fighter jets above numerous cities in the US. He gave the order to scramble the jets as soon as they heard what had happened. Not giving much details but he said that the jets were above "more than 6 and less than 30 cities".

CX.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join