It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who thinks the Wii is dumb

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human Defense

So I am trying to fight off about one million people who think the Wii Wii is actually good?

[edit on 10-10-2006 by Human Defense]

do you not see the humor in what you say. how many people have you actually seen excited about the ps3. ps fanboys are too busy trying to attack the wii because they know gaming is about to EVOLVE.

dont bother fighting off 1,000,000 people who want the wii . buy what you want, and let everyone else buy what they want.

the numbers will be our proof of what system is better this time around. NOT YOUR OPINION OR MINE. THAT IS A FACT .

Nintendo sucks. Sorry, that is a fact not an opinion

should we take you seriously if you dont know the difference between a FACT and an OPINION?

[edit on 10-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Nintendo sucks. Sorry, that is a fact not an opinion graphics wise.

ps2 graphics were worse than gamecube's. in terms of last gen graphics it would be: xbox > gamecube > ps2. i'm not going to do spec research. takes too much of my time. but if you dont believe me, and i know you won't, look it up youself and see.

They are the ones who can't think of any new ideas at all. I mean Resident Evil 4?? Or is it 5?

the resident evil series is made by CAPCOM, not Nintendo. not only that, the series originally began on the Playstation platform, not nintendo's. and on top of that, aside from Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 4 was the only other game in the series to debeut on a nintendo console. all other RE games were ported over from ps/ps2.

Starfox 2 (WHICH ORIGINALLY CAME OUT ON THE 64!!)???

starfox originally starred on the SNES, not the 64. as far as i can tell, the series has released only 4 games: the original starfox(snes) starfox 64, starfox dinosaur planet, which by the way, was made by RAREWARE, and the most recent starfox DS. and even if it did originally come out on the snes, so what? didn't metal gear get it's first game on the earlier systems as well? and lets not even speak of the Final Fantasy series...

Mario party 5???

the mario party series is exactly what it states: a "PARTY" game. meaning that you won't get much enjoyment out of it without a..say it with me now...
"PARTY". the games in the series are literally virtual board games that are very much fun to play with other people. you wouldn't try to play monopoly by yourself, would you?
...would you?

Ooooooh nothing is old or stale about that.... no way....

now that you mention it, there really isn't.

So I am trying to fight off about one million people who think the Wii Wii is actually good?

make that a million and one

Saaaaaaad. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE OVER 18 AND STILL PLAYING MARIO CART 2 (which is a real game just called something else).

there's nothing sad about doing something harmless that you enjoy. unless of course, your social status depends on what games you like to play and you care too much about looking "cool".

i don't mean to be a rude, but it appears that sanctum was correct in his assessment of you...
(edit: fixed spelling)

[edit on 11-10-2006 by karby]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
i think it is funny how he starts this thread , and NOT ONE PERSON HAS AGREED YET THAT THEY THINK THE WII IS DUMB.

lysergic did not agree with u, and he will even get a wii because he is smart gamer.
yeah im kissing your ass lysergic, dont make me use my pron card

just teasing you again mate

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm sorry Human Defense, but I've got some bad news for you. It seems you've contracted a common disease that results in a general degradation of intelligence, failure to be rational, and unprovoked aggressive tendencies.

The disease is commonly known as 'fanboyism'. And you sir, are suffering from a pretty severe strain.

You obviously haven't been around for very long to say some of the things you've said about Nintendo. Fortunately, there's a cure for fanboysim - it's called 'growing up'.

[edit on 10-10-2006 by solidstate]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
elitegamer23 you didn't even copy my whole sentence idiot. That is like saying this, "I made out a plan" Here's your version "I made out" See what I mean?? Now that is just unfair. If you're going to crticize me then I would like you to copy my whole sentence. Not just "Nintendo Sucks thats an opinion not a fact" This is the real sentence "Nintendo Sucks that is an opinion not a fact graphics wise". Wow that is called trying to make me look bad. And I don't like when people do that to me unless they use something that I actually said. You should be a journalist for a magazine. They are great at making people look bad.

So because I am crticizing a system that you guys all seem to enjoy, now you're calling me a fanboy. So that means that if YOU were to make a thread entitled, "Who thinks the 360 is dum" then I could call YOU a fanboy, right? Sorry no logic.

Also, yes I understand that it was on pS2 whatever. BUt I mean Nintendo is STILL copying games WHETHER OR NOT they copy them from their own system. and it is even worse that they copy from OTHER COMPANIES SYSTEMS! So by saying this, how are you making Nintendo look good?? Just makes em look worse than I made em look. But ok. So you're saying that Nintendo doesn't even MAKE these games, meaning out of the ones they DO make, they are most or all rated E right? Am I right? Schooled.

Everyone seems to be calling me dumb because I don't like a system. Now, I expected an argument but I didn't expect people come up with sayings that basically mean "You're dumb". I mean c'mon, I love the people on this thread regardless of their views that PROOVE THEIR POINT but the people that just say "You have such a lack of intelligence and your mother must have been Ronald Mcdonalds wife.." are not doing anything to proove their point at all.

And PS2 has better graphics or equal to gamecube. Yes. Don't evne say no. Gamecube does not have better graphics than PS2. Look up the systems specs. Hell, I don't even like PS2 that much but I think that they are better than Nintendo.

Okay, I can proove that Nintendo produces kiddie systems. Because which system has more E ratings?????? Which one out of these three companies:

Microsoft
Sony
Nintendo

Now honestly tell me. Now I am not saying that E games are bad, but I am saying that more kids are going to be more likely playing Nintedo's systems than let's say Xbox (even though loads of nine year olds infest Halo 2 which is really annoying because their you know whats haven't dropped and their voices are so god damn high)

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Using all capital letters means you are shouting on the internet, please keep the noise down.

ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette (review link)
4) Most of all, do not use ALL CAPS in posts and thread titles.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

So I am trying to fight off about one million people who think the Wii Wii is actually good? Saaaaaaad. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE OVER 18 AND STILL PLAYING MARIO CART 2 (which is a real game just called something else).

If you can't come up with any substantial arguments that are based on actual playtime then I think I'm just going to ignore you. Lack of Originality in just about every medium is a perenial problem. You are obviously too young to know this though.

Yeah, and stop shouting too, it's rude.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

So because I am crticizing a system that you guys all seem to enjoy, now you're calling me a fanboy. So that means that if YOU were to make a thread entitled, "Who thinks the 360 is dum" then I could call YOU a fanboy, right? Sorry no logic.

there is nothng wrong with legitimate criticism. but even when others counter your claims with facts, you still choose to ignore them, or you twist them into something else altogether. that is what makes you a fanboy.

Also, yes I understand that it was on pS2 whatever. BUt I mean Nintendo is STILL copying games WHETHER OR NOT they copy them from their own system. and it is even worse that they copy from OTHER COMPANIES SYSTEMS! So by saying this, how are you making Nintendo look good?? Just makes em look worse than I made em look. But ok. So you're saying that Nintendo doesn't even MAKE these games, meaning out of the ones they DO make, they are most or all rated E right? Am I right? Schooled.
Nintendo didn't copy anything. games are ported interchageably through systems all the time. it was Capcom's decision to make a RE game for a nintendo console, not ninten--....actually you know what? i'm just gonna stop right there. anything else said on this subject is just a waste of time. reading through the rest of your post, it's now quite obvious that you are far to young to know anything about gaming prePS2 era, as well as the fact that you know next to nothing about how game companies work, about porting, game licencing, etc.
as it stands, your ignorance is showing. actually, it's glaring.

p.s.: i think one of the reason that no one has yet stepped up to agree with you is that you are making yourself look like a fool.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
i one of the few who thinks the Wii(what stupid name btw, might as well called it "the penis" or something) will fail. i wasnt impressed with the game cube which seemed to me to be a fancy N64.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

What games exactly is Nintendo copying? I read this paragraph a few times and I am still not sure what you mean by Nintendo is copying other companies games? Can you provide some examples? Game companies produce games that are compatible with all console systems. I hope you don't mean that just because a game is released for a particular system like the Nintendo that Nintendo somehow made that game or copied it?

Nintendo does make a lot of E games. I'm not sure why that makes it a system bad though. There are plenty of other developers making games of all types. Nintendo’s party games are some of the best games to play when you have a group of friends. You have said negative stuff about Mario Kart but Mario Kart was a great game to play with friends and it still is.

Here is a PS3 Game List. Notice anything similar about the game? www.ps3portal.com...

[edit on 11-10-2006 by zerotime]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

elitegamer23 you didn't even copy my whole sentence idiot. That is like saying this, "I made out a plan" Here's your version "I made out" See what I mean?? Now that is just unfair. If you're going to crticize me then I would like you to copy my whole sentence. Not just "Nintendo Sucks thats an opinion not a fact" This is the real sentence "Nintendo Sucks that is an opinion not a fact graphics wise". Wow that is called trying to make me look bad. And I don't like when people do that to me unless they use something that I actually said. You should be a journalist for a magazine. They are great at making people look bad.

ill post the whole paragraph to appease you and its still just an OPINION!
with your opinionated reasoning the xbox sucks because its graphics are inferior to the xbox 360. THINK it wont hurt you. oh yeah you analogy sucks. that is just my opinion though.

Nintendo sucks. Sorry, that is a fact not an opinion graphics wise. No seriously, look at screen shots for Rainbow Six Three on gamecube, then play the game on ALL SYSTEMS. Seriously, I have played it on every system but PC and guess what, the gamecube version was the worst graphics. I challenge you to try it on all systems for yourself and then let's see what you have to say about nintendo. I personally think the PS2 version of the game was the best even though I own the xbox version.

warning!!!! above paragraph is just an opinion.

Wow that is called trying to make me look bad. And I don't like when people do that to me unless they use something that I actually said.

well u actually did say that, and you called it a fact so i had to show you it was simply an opinion. im not trying to make you look bad, you are doing that just fine yourself.

i have nothing against you , i respect you for two reasons. one you are a member of ats , and two you are a gamer like myself. i just had to clarify what is a fact and an opinion for the sake of this discussion.
peace

[edit on 11-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

[edit on 11-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
How do you pronounce Wii? In my head i've been pronouncing it Why?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by iCEdTenG

It's pronounced like 'wee' - hence the jokes and innuendo. The aim of the name was to encompass the community aspect of the Wii - as in 'we can all play together'. I have to admit when I first saw the name I also assumed it as pronouned like 'why'.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by iCEdTenG

Pronounced: We

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This video has all your Ps3 vs Wii information.

The Video was produced by G4 btw, not Nintendo.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by zerotime]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Like someone tried to tell you before, Companies create games and port them to other systems. Just because Resident Evil 4 first came out on GameCube does not mean that it is Nintendo's game. Having read your arguements, I dont expect you to quite understand the concept of game porting, licensing and everything attatched with it, so HERE is a link to porting, start reading up on that so you can understand what exactly it is.

Even if the games Nintendo makes are all rated E, what does that prove? They made a game everyone can enjoy without worry of anything bad a child could mimic. Or, does the only way a video game prove itself is by the M and AO rating?
The rating is irrelevant to the system. I've had fun playing a few games rated E.

So, please explain to me the deal of the E rating. Why is it so bad? Because its for Everyone? It isn't exclusively for adults?

OK, back to the Wii. Personally, I think the name is a turn-off, but like someone said, the name does not make the system. "PlayStation" comes to mind.

The idea of what they want the Wii to do is what is most appealing. Unless im mistaken, the last time i read anything about the Wii, they were trying to incorporate a system where certain older generation games could be bought, downloaded and played on the Wii, and not necessarily all Nintendo-only.

This could bring back a few gamers from the older 8 and 16 bit days. People who want to play their old favorites again. I know that although i use emulators, I would be purchasing older games to play on my HDTV. I heard they may do a couple of graphical updates on some games, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

And, if I'm not mistaken, Nintendo has only had one system that was a loss, that was the Virtual Boy.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Hey I am jsut putting it out there. Um they have those 16 bit games on Xbox 360 such as frogger and pac-man if that's what you mean. You can dowload em off xbox live. So Nintendo wouldn't be the first to do this. You can even download the full game of doom 1 for those old schoolers out there.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   

p.s.: i think one of the reason that no one has yet stepped up to agree with you is that you are making yourself look like a fool.

In your eyes I am making myself look like a fool. But, that is only because the majority of everyone thinks I am. If everyone agreed with me now, I bet you would too because (IF you're american if you're not I am seriously sorry for this) that's how Americans work. If enough people agree, it doesn't matter to them what is right or wrong, it only matters that they look "cool".

I am not making a fool out of myself. You guys just really have not played the games I guess then. Because I have played so many games on Nintedo and all of them had bad graphics. The Wii Wii won't be any better. I guess there is just a lot of weirdos out there who like the 12 year old Mario Franchise (yes it is about twelve years old from 2006 to what? 1996? Right?)

And by the way, I have to shout to get my point out my Mod. (
) You see it is a one man battle here. Kind of hard.

Anyway we'll see who complains after they get one of their hands on their Wii. Lol couldn't resist. One hands on the controller, the others on their Wii. Lol ahaahahah.

So not many people think it's dumb then. I expected way more. That't ok though. Too many people masturbate.... (Wii Wii)

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Wow. How old are you Human Defense? You keep saying the Nintendo is for weirdos and kids but honestly you are in the one in this thread coming off like you are 12 years old. So how old are you?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

In your eyes I am making myself look like a fool. But, that is only because the majority of everyone thinks I am. If everyone agreed with me now, I bet you would too because (IF you're american if you're not I am seriously sorry for this) that's how Americans work. If enough people agree, it doesn't matter to them what is right or wrong, it only matters that they look "cool".

if everyone agreed with you, i'd still thing you're wrong. because you are. and don't bring politics and nationality into this. you're wrong. there is no exchange of ideas, simply because you refuse to see past your own bias and because you don't even understand basic game concepts!
you: "nintendo sucks because they make too many RE games!"
me: "nintendo doesn't make RE games, those are made by capcom."
you "well it's on nintendo, so like omg, they're copying! losers!!"
dude, seriously, wtf??

I am not making a fool out of myself. You guys just really have not played the games I guess then.

with exception of virtual boy i've had every nintendo system since NES, in addition to 5 other consoles, including the ps, ps2 and original xbox.

Because I have played so many games on Nintedo and all of them had bad graphics.

yes. because you've played a few, you've played them all. good logic here. real good.

The Wii Wii won't be any better. I guess there is just a lot of weirdos out there who like the 12 year old Mario Franchise (yes it is about twelve years old from 2006 to what? 1996? Right?)

Mario franchise about 12 years old?!? seriously man, just how old are you?!? no, reallly i'm asking?...have you not heard of the NES??

And by the way, I have to shout to get my point out my Mod. (
) You see it is a one man battle here. Kind of hard.

Anyway we'll see who complains after they get one of their hands on their Wii. Lol couldn't resist. One hands on the controller, the others on their Wii. Lol ahaahahah.

So not many people think it's dumb then. I expected way more. That't ok though. Too many people masturbate.... (Wii Wii)

you state your opinions as facts. very basic concepts of how games work between consoles (porting, licensing, etc) seem foreign to you. yes, in my eyes, you do look like a fool.

...there are plenty of people here that are not anti-wii, and there's nothing wrong with that, in my opinion. but you should really learn to state your case and them back up your claim with facts, not your own opinions...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join