It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who thinks the Wii is dumb

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Gamecube was a disappointment. So is the Wii. If I was Jay Leno I could make SO MANY jokes about it. For example a young kid would say: I am going to go play with my Wii Wii. That just sounds wrong lol. Or if a young kid said: Mommy I have to go Wii, the mom would give him his console and then the kid would pee all over the place. Dumb name. Bad name nintendo. Bad name.

Also all they have on it (which is Nintendo's trademark) is just kiddie games! Mario Cart 8 or whatever. Talk about dumb. That is getting old Nintendo. You just use the same characters over and over again. They are still hanging on to Zelda for Christ sake! Holy **** that game is freakin old! Everything is made for two year olds. The motion sensiong technology so the babies can motion for there milk or juice. Or when they have to go to the bathroom they move the controller towards their pants. LAME-O.

They tried to make it cool, but Nintendo has never been cool. Especially when they can't ever think of anything new. And I am stating a fact when I say that. Go ahead research it yourself. A new Starfox came out. Wow, talk about old ****. Starfox was made when N64 came out.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I think that the Wii has some interesting concepts in terms of game play.
The question I ask myself is this would the novelty of the Wii wireless controller and related game play wear off ?
If the novelty wore off you wouldnt be left with much. Now if Nintendo had ensured that the Wii was a near equal in terms of graphics to the XBox 360 and the PS3 I would be very interested. I just hope that the Wii stays in the market long enough to take part in the coming three way price war.

IMO the Wii is Nintendo last throw of the dice in the console market.

[edit on 10-10-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I never said I don't like the motion sensing, I just don't think that Nintendo could possibly do a good job with it. And now the two Asian companies will compete for the motion sensing. Microsoft will sit there and laugh and Bill Gates will be like, "There is a reason I didn't get the 360 involved with that ****."

Motion sensing is cool, but it won't be until they invent a virtual reality battlefield game. Now that would be cool. But Nintendo won't do that though. Too busy making games that appeal to the unborn...lol. hahaha.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I don't think Nintendo games are for kiddies, I would like to see a kid complete any of the Zelda games or Mario ones.

Personally, I can't wait for the Wii.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I have played the Wii. It is great. Looking forward to getting one on release. The nintendo DS is also the best handheld game system. I'll get the Wii system, new zelda, call of duty 3, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and Madden NFL 07 which uses the new motion controler. I will be waiting on the new Resident Evil game and the Star Wars light saber game which will use the motion controler also.

[edit on 10-10-2006 by zerotime]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Gamecube was a disappointment. So is the Wii.

You've actually tried the Wii then I assume then? Were you at E3? You must have been the 1 in a thousand that actually hated the Wii as every Journalist and Greyhair Exec loved the Wii.

If I was Jay Leno I could make SO MANY jokes about it. For example a young kid would say: I am going to go play with my Wii Wii. That just sounds wrong lol. Or if a young kid said: Mommy I have to go Wii, the mom would give him his console and then the kid would pee all over the place. Dumb name. Bad name nintendo. Bad name.

A name doesn't make a system. A very frivolous argument.

Also all they have on it (which is Nintendo's trademark) is just kiddie games! Mario Cart 8 or whatever. Talk about dumb.

Spinter Cell is for Kids? Resident Evil? Call of Duty 3? Red Steel? Madden? Blazing Angels? Tony Hawk? Need for Speed? Far Cry? Marvel: Ultimate Alliance?

That is getting old Nintendo. You just use the same characters over and over again. They are still hanging on to Zelda for Christ sake! Holy **** that game is freakin old! Everything is made for two year olds. The motion sensiong technology so the babies can motion for there milk or juice. Or when they have to go to the bathroom they move the controller towards their pants. LAME-O.

Sony is just as guilty of that with their First party games.

They tried to make it cool, but Nintendo has never been cool. Especially when they can't ever think of anything new. And I am stating a fact when I say that. Go ahead research it yourself. A new Starfox came out. Wow, talk about old ****. Starfox was made when N64 came out.

Solid Snake made his debut in the SNES days.

The question I ask myself is this would the novelty of the Wii wireless controller and related game play wear off ?

Has the Mouse and Keyboard gotten old for playing FPS/RTS games? I don't think so, because the alternative sucks(gamepad).

If the novelty wore off you wouldnt be left with much. Now if Nintendo had ensured that the Wii was a near equal in terms of graphics to the XBox 360 and the PS3 I would be very interested. I just hope that the Wii stays in the market long enough to take part in the coming three way price war.

Nintendo isn't competing with Sony or Microsoft. Those two companies are still going after the same demographic that Video Game companies have been courting since the beggining of time. Nintendo is trying to bring many non-gamers into the fold.

Graphics are frivolous as well. If I want to spend 1000 dollars on a console(PS3) what would I do to justify that expense? Especially considering a 1000 dollar upgrade to my computer will blow away any gains made by 360 and PS3 combined.

Nintendo is also kicking the butt of the graphically superior PSP.

I never said I don't like the motion sensing, I just don't think that Nintendo could possibly do a good job with it.

What about Ubisoft? Activision? Atari? SEGA? Electronic Arts? THQ? Midway? Tecmo? Codemasters? LucasArts? SquareEnix? Those are all the 3rd party developers that are currently planning on releasing a buttload of 1st and 2nd generation games.

And now the two Asian companies will compete for the motion sensing. Microsoft will sit there and laugh and Bill Gates will be like, "There is a reason I didn't get the 360 involved with that ****."

Sony doesn't have the same kind of motion sensing capabilities as Wii. Their's is a poor imitation tacked on at the last minute to "compete".

As for 360, Bill has already stated they are not in competition with the Wii. They've even gone so far as to say: "For the same price as a PS3 you can buy a 360 and a Wii!", so they are not really looking to cut Nintendo's grass.

It would be in their best interest if Nintendo were to kick Sony's ass in Japan for instance.

IMO the Wii is Nintendo last throw of the dice in the console market.

According to whom? Every console release since N64 has seen a Nintendo profit. I'm talking about a Hardware profit combined with a Software profit to boot. GC is still making Nintendo money(for 50 bucks, you can't really beat that for a budget gaming system). They are the only company that eventually profits of their hardware in the end. Sony has yet to do that and Microsoft is still billions in the hole. They won't start showing black ink on their gaming ledger until XBox 3.

[edit on 10-10-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Bloody hell sardion, that was good.

You showed him!

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
I have played the Wii. It is great. Looking forward to getting one on release. The nintendo DS is also the best handheld game system. I'll get the Wii system, new zelda, call of duty 3, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and Madden NFL 07 which uses the new motion controler. I will be waiting on the new Resident Evil game and the Star Wars light saber game which will use the motion controler also.

[edit on 10-10-2006 by zerotime]

Star Wars game? Light Sabre Attachment!?! Gotta link?

Bloody hell sardion, that was good.

You showed him!

Heh, thx. I just wanted to add that I think it was on Amazon.com, the Wii sold out it's first round of preorders in three hours. No word on the volume yet though.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I had a GC and it was far from a disappointment. I bought it when the Resident Evil box set came out, and I didn't ever have a 'kiddies' game. Sure, there wasn't the range of 'adult' games compared to other systems, but those it did have, were generally, good titles. The hardware was kick ass too. Nice compact design, four controller ports built in (great for a night of beer n games with buddies), very short load times (PS2 sucks in comparison), and IMO (and that of my friends) the very best controller ever. The only down point to the controller were the chunky shoulder buttons, but in every other respect, downright brilliant, especially for comfort over extended gaming. I never once got a cramp, something that can't be said for the PSX controller, or the dinner plate X-box effort.

So I'm really looking forward to the Wii, especially as a stop-gap until the other systems come down in price. A UK cost of under £150? Thats nothing compared to Xbox360 at £275 and the gods only know how much we'll be ripped off for a PS3 when it eventually arrives

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I actually like both XBox controllers cuz my fingers are too long for the PS2 controller and the GC/N64 controller.

I don't have many complaints about Microsofts efforts, I actually find them to be in a good position to take number 1 in sales in N. America for this cycle. I also love the look of this game.

www.youtube.com...

It's a 360 exclusive and is tempting me to actually buy a 360 after a price cut that is.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Star Wars game? Light Sabre Attachment!?! Gotta link?

Here is a couple of links.
wii.ign.com...
www.t3.co.uk...

The Wii Light Sabre game has been a rumor for a while but Lucasarts started to drop hints about it during other star wars technical demonstrations at the last E3. Since then they have been doing the same at all the other game and comic cons. You can probably find more articles or the Q&A they did in past E3 gamer articles.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human Defense
Who thinks the Wii is dumb

i have a simple answer.

sony fanboys think the wii is dumb.

people with closed minds and no imagination think the wii is dumb.

what i think is funny is when people who havent even PLAYED the wii think it is dumb, no offense human defense.

peace

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
I don't think Nintendo games are for kiddies, I would like to see a kid complete any of the Zelda games or Mario ones.

I agree, Zelda's are complex games for experianced gamers (not too sure about windwaker but it was still fun as hell).
You had goldeneye on the n64 (awesome game) followed by perfect dark (again freakin awesome).
Metal gear was actually on the nes (for the guy who said it was on snes).
Mario is one of the best and most famous game characters ever. mario kart is good (I even liked double dash) and super smash bros.
And Nintendo has survived were sega failed (I couldn't say much for the saturn or dreamcast (even though I had one, it was just alright)
Bill Gates steals ideas from everyone.
O.k playstation is good but Nintendo know exactly how to give the fun factor with good graphics that has always been smoother than ps1 + ps2.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar

I defeated all zelda and mario games up til SNES
then I started to hate nintendo...

obessed with my 3DO and Saturn, to which sega and 3DO failed me and I bought a PSone.

Battle Area Toshidin, was like whoa.
then ff7 was frosting on the cake.

but I loved my pc even most, diablo, Shogo, the fallout series, and even UO.
I knew then the consoles had failed me. . .

specially on FPS, mouse > controller.

[edit on 10-10-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

obessed with my 3DO

i was obsessed with sc2 and all the wing commanders for the 3do. truly fun games with replay value. i did think the final battle of starcontrol2 was weak but the rest of the voyage made up for it.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

obessed with my 3DO

i was obsessed with sc2 and all the wing commanders for the 3do. truly fun games with replay value. i did think the final battle of starcontrol2 was weak but the rest of the voyage made up for it.

Dude WC ruled hardcore, and Star Control II is seriously one of my favorite games, I mean how many times I was lost in the game, and would just explore space, rocked so hard.

Love those lil fox aliens that did kamikazes...

way better than the first and the SCIII on pc.

Beat that one quite a few times, meant to add earlier I beat the marios and zeldas as a kid.

Don't see how ppl are like a kid couldn't do that, my lil brother thrashes me so bad on tony hawks... I cry a little inside.

to add to my nostalgia; Phantasy Star IV on Sega Gens and Shadowrun. . . man those games were 10s

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Agreed.
Human Defense..you sound like a underaged fanboy (18 and below).

You can go ahead and blow off $600 on the PS-3 but I sure ain't dumb enough to waste this kind of money on Blu-Ray tech that Japan has recently decided not to sell to the US..except for Sony (ironically Sony of Japan is the exception..to my understanding).

I really think Nintendo's new system is fantastic and wished I could've tried it at E-3 but I'm excited to see what it can do and the concept of the interface is just simply intelligently designed for this generation of systems. I understand perfectly why Nintendo went this route to change things up to spice up the stale gaming industry.
Did you really think that we'd be using 2-D digital/analog joypads for the next 20 years as standard? Think again.

Re: GameCube...actually, it's an impressive machine for that size...the way it performed with Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness (one of the greatest horror games around), etc..is astounding.

What you're asking on vitual reality is extremly narrowminded and juvenile. You'll never see this happen until 10-20 years from now, even longer and be prepared to pay $2-5,000 dollars for this kind of entertainment.

You lack any sense of video gaming history to back up your points.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Dude WC ruled hardcore, and Star Control II is seriously one of my favorite games, I mean how many times I was lost in the game, and would just explore space, rocked so hard.

to add to my nostalgia; Phantasy Star IV on Sega Gens

my favorite part on sc2 is when u finally score with the syreen. traveling though all that space has to be stressful so you know the captain needed it.

i never played phantasy star 4 but i did love phantasy star 2. final fantasy one was the only rpg i liked until phantasy star 2. still own both.

great taste in games lysergic.
peace

Originally posted by sardion2000

www.youtube.com...

It's a 360 exclusive and is tempting me to actually buy a 360 after a price cut that is.

now i might have to get an xbox 360 after a price cut. most of my gaming revolves around my 6 year old now, but i could find time to play mass effect.

[edit on 10-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanctum1972
Agreed.
Human Defense..you sound like a underaged fanboy (18 and below).

You can go ahead and blow off $600 on the PS-3 but I sure ain't dumb enough to waste this kind of money on Blu-Ray tech that Japan has recently decided not to sell to the US..except for Sony (ironically Sony of Japan is the exception..to my understanding).

I really think Nintendo's new system is fantastic and wished I could've tried it at E-3 but I'm excited to see what it can do and the concept of the interface is just simply intelligently designed for this generation of systems. I understand perfectly why Nintendo went this route to change things up to spice up the stale gaming industry.
Did you really think that we'd be using 2-D digital/analog joypads for the next 20 years as standard? Think again.

Re: GameCube...actually, it's an impressive machine for that size...the way it performed with Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness (one of the greatest horror games around), etc..is astounding.

What you're asking on vitual reality is extremly narrowminded and juvenile. You'll never see this happen until 10-20 years from now, even longer and be prepared to pay $2-5,000 dollars for this kind of entertainment.

You lack any sense of video gaming history to back up your points.

Are you kidding me?? PS3 is dumb waste of crap. The graphics are water graphics, which is another trademark of the Asian companies, water color graphics. Smoke, is water, gun bullets are water, the faces are pale and watered down.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron was ok but lacked something. Probably the only good game on gamecube.

Nintendo sucks. Sorry, that is a fact not an opinion graphics wise. No seriously, look at screen shots for Rainbow Six Three on gamecube, then play the game on ALL SYSTEMS. Seriously, I have played it on every system but PC and guess what, the gamecube version was the worst graphics. I challenge you to try it on all systems for yourself and then let's see what you have to say about nintendo. I personally think the PS2 version of the game was the best even though I own the xbox version.

And why does every person who doesn't like Asian made games called a fanboy???? Why is this? I am serious I have seen it on other sites too. It reminds me of Republicans using Christiantity as a trademark. Doesn't make sense. I guess if you like Xbox or even sometimes Sony then you're a fanboy. No logic on that one dude, sorry I have seen it so many times before (not personal account).

I love how you say the gaming industry is stale. You know why? BECAUSE NINTENDO MADE IT THAT WAY!!!! They are the ones who can't think of any new ideas at all. I mean Resident Evil 4?? Or is it 5? Starfox 2 (WHICH ORIGINALLY CAME OUT ON THE 64!!)??? Mario party 5??? Ooooooh nothing is old or stale about that.... no way....

Spinter Cell is for Kids? Resident Evil? Call of Duty 3? Red Steel? Madden? Blazing Angels? Tony Hawk? Need for Speed? Far Cry? Marvel: Ultimate Alliance?

Oooh Splinter Cell which WAS ORIGINALLY OUT ON PS2 AND XBOX AND PC. There we go again no originality. Tsssh. Call of duty three is another copy catting game. Far Cry is too dude. Wow. Need for speed= orginally on the 360 and xbox and still is. Marvel???? No one plays that game unless they are dumb anyway. (opinion I admit it) Sounds like sunday moring cartoons to me but I guess it's for adults?? lol.

So I am trying to fight off about one million people who think the Wii Wii is actually good? Saaaaaaad. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE OVER 18 AND STILL PLAYING MARIO CART 2 (which is a real game just called something else).

Anyway,

Thanks for trying...

[edit on 10-10-2006 by Human Defense]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I really don't get what the big deal is. If you like Nintendo great. If you like Ps3 great. Why does it matter? I personally don't have a problem with the xbox, nintendo or ps3. The ps3 is probably the only new system that I will not get however. A system that costs 600-700 dollars is pointless to me. I can build a brand new computer system that would run better for that price or less. At that point I would just play computer games.

What original games are being released for the ps3?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join