It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Chat: People Don't Know About It!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
ATS CHAT

I don't think enough people on ATS know about ATS Chat, I did not know about it until someone sent me a u2u with the addy.

Perhaps the ATS administration could make a big color post for the chat on the main page??

[edit on 2006-10-22 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Wasn't this a clue....

Semper

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
LOL My first thought was exactly what Semper already posted.

Just remember to bring pink pumps as an offering to the Chat Goddess when you decide to visit!

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
And learn to type fast or you will be left behind!!!

Semper

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Chat is deffinately an untapped resource of ATS.

I was registered here for quite awhile before I first fell into chat. My problem was the first few times I attempted, it was through BTS and it would never load. Could never be bothered to check out what the problem was with my system until one day I believe I read one of Umbrax's posts explaining how you can only load chat through ATS.

A few times we had a member who was going out of his way stir trouble within chat but he was dealt with. Do not allow other members to bait you into a conversation that will have you in hot water. The Terms & Conditions are enforced in chat just as they are on the boards. That is a common misconception I think.

I believe Chat is logged aswell, so it would prevent the he said she said if a situation did arise.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
YEah guys, I see the subtle "Chat" button, I just think it needs to be put out there like the annoying flashing neon-colored mustroom cloud for the Korean nukes

The little chat button may be over looked and might be why chat is most of the times sparsley populated?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Do not allow other members to bait you into a conversation that will have you in hot water. The Terms & Conditions are enforced in chat just as they are on the boards. That is a common misconception I think.

I believe Chat is logged aswell, so it would prevent the he said she said if a situation did arise.

It might be worth pointing out that there is a handy ignore function for use in such an occasion. I've had to use it once, because I'm very bad at biting my lip, but it works, and as a result, no banning occurred.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
And there are a bunch of people in there now, if new users would feel more comfortable with more people around.

Every now and then, it's nice to kick back and have fun.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It helps put more of a personality on the name you come familiar with.

I normally check out chat atleast twice a week, and depending on the crowd I can stay anywhere from 5-20 minutes. I never stay too long, just long enough to give some shout outs and see what the topic of discussion is.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Aigh, casual conversation with out political bickering! At least no political bickering while I have been in there yet....

Can any of you read my post yet??

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Can any of you read my post yet??

Now they can....

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Thanks alot King,

Now everyone come to ATS CHAT!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Easy deal Bud.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
we have a chat feature?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I think you should lower the 200 posts limit - I been here for a year and have only just got to it, I spend most of my time reading, I would of however been more involve prolly if I could of chatted randomly with folk throwing up ideas etc that I have thought might not have been specific enough to raise a topic about.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Nope. It should stay at 200. It would be too easy otherwise for trolls/random undesirables to get in and wreck havoc. There have been issues in the past with people abusing chat.

And rockpunk, everyone comes to chat? As of RIGHT NOW!!! there is no one in there
Not even cpr12r.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Trolls and undesirables can post on the board and wreck havoc......if they do they are warn/banned.....surely that can apply in chat also?

I think you are alienating too many people who prefer to chat and develop a community by getting to know the personalities without having to just stick to a specific 'topic' in a thread.

IRC has dealt with trolls easily for years, it shouldnt be too difficult here.
If someone is spamming or being abusive the option should be there to 'mute' them, during which time the complain button can be used to alert a mod to look at the recent logs, from which appropriate action can be taken.

Edit - I would also encourage a few of the most respected members/mods/admins here to schedule some active discussions starting around a 'general' subject.....that would start to encourage people to be in there, and I am sure some would end up 'lurking' permanently.

Also, if it does become popular as I believe it could be, make it open for 'viewing' only by the visitors to the site. At this time there are 96 members and over 1100 vistors at the site. A decent discussion on the chat would encourage visitors to signup to engage....they would be disappointed if after doing so they could not chat tho.

[edit on 10/10/06 by Strodyn]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
SOMEONE GET INTO CHAT NOW!!!!!!! ....iam bored lol

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The chatroom looks great, but everytime I seem to go on there it's empty?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strodyn
Trolls and undesirables can post on the board and wreck havoc......if they do they are warn/banned.....surely that can apply in chat also?

I think you are alienating too many people who prefer to chat and develop a community by getting to know the personalities without having to just stick to a specific 'topic' in a thread.

IRC has dealt with trolls easily for years, it shouldnt be too difficult here.
If someone is spamming or being abusive the option should be there to 'mute' them, during which time the complain button can be used to alert a mod to look at the recent logs, from which appropriate action can be taken.

Also, if it does become popular as I believe it could be, make it open for 'viewing' only by the visitors to the site. At this time there are 96 members and over 1100 vistors at the site. A decent discussion on the chat would encourage visitors to signup to engage....they would be disappointed if after doing so they could not chat tho.

[edit on 10/10/06 by Strodyn]

Chat is meant to be a "extra/bonus" for contributing members of ATS rather than a basic feature for anyone with an account. 200 posts is not that much of a requirement and should take less than a month for members that take part in ATS/BTS/PTS discussions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join