It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its gonna kick off in the UK first! *Muslim troubles that is!*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If anywhere then it will be the UK that will have the first BIG anti-muslim riots. Mainly cos the muslims have it so easy there and in the end something has to give.

It also incidents like this that are making political partys like the BNP so popular and people like me more and more anti-muslim everyday. At the expense of peaceful muslims I might add!

from thesun.co.uk
MUSLIM yobs who wrecked a house to stop four brave soldiers moving in after returning from Afghanistan sparked outrage last night.

The house in a village near riot-torn Windsor had BRICKS thrown through windows and was DAUBED with messages of hate.

Pictures here too!

McP

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You think that muslims anywhere have it easy?
Muslims in western countries are openly discriminated against and often times treated as a suspected terrorist (and there is no proving otherwise).

The very fact that you're buying into anti muslim propoganda is whats really concerning about this thread.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
[removed quote of entire previous post]

Living in a country with many Muslims myself, I must say Muslims are partly responsible themselves. Most Muslims here find it very hard to integrate and communicate with the authocthon inhabitants; not only after 9/11.

However, I agree openly discriminating should always be condemned, no excuse is possible there.

Anyway, let me give you an example. Remember the Danish cartoons of last year? Firstly, I wouldn't personally make such a fess out of something like that. Freedom of expression should in no way be harmed in particularly not by violence.

What did that Danish Imam do? He spread the cartoons throughout the Middle East, with what reason? I cannot think of anything else than worsening the tensions between Westerners and Muslims. That said, the cartoons were probably also intended for the same purpose.

The response on the cartoons in Europe was demonstrations all over the continent against Denmark and the cartoons. I cannot remember any Western demonstrations against the Iranian anti Jewish cartoons. Personally I didn't like them at all; it didn't make me angry. The same applies for the Danish cartoons, just a bad taste in my opinion.

A good way of improving relations between Muslims and Westerners would be that Muslims more openly expressed their condemnation of violence in the name of Allah Demonstrate against terrorist attacks, against Al-Qaeda and the Taliban. After all they are capable of demonstrating against some stupid cartoons, so if there's a really a will to improve relations, proof it!

A last point, Muslims are allowed to construct Mosques, to freely express their belief and have the same rights autochthons have in Western countries, but it's crucial to adopt to another's country. If you cannot adjust, don't make the decision to move. I find it pretty understandable that infant schools do not accept Muslims wearing a burqa, others, especially Muslims would define it as discrimination.

[edit on 8-10-2006 by Mdv2]

[edit on 8-10-2006 by Mdv2]

[edit on 10/8/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto
If anywhere then it will be the UK that will have the first BIG anti-muslim riots. Mainly cos the muslims have it so easy there and in the end something has to give.

yeap we have it easy
i mean its not like we have to pay tax
its not like any muslims are in the civil service
its not like our grandparents fought to preserve this country
and so forth

your so correct we have it so easy

topics like these just make me sick and tired of how many ignorant fools there are out there, always having to take the acts of a few and reflect it upon the rest of us.

i wont say anymore since i have come to the point where its become a pisstake having to post the same thing in almost identicle topics about how evil muslims are

farewell

[edit on 8-10-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
topics like these just make me sick and tired of how many ignorant fools there are out there, always having to take the acts of a few and reflect it upon the rest of us.

Bodrul, I'd ask you to respond on my point of view. You say these topics make you sick, yet I find it interesting to discuss (without any sarcasm).

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

A good way of improving relations between Muslims and Westerners would be that Muslims more openly expressed their condemnation of violence in the name of Allah Demonstrate against terrorist attacks, against Al-Qaeda and the Taliban. After all they are capable of demonstrating against some stupid cartoons, so if there's a really a will to improve relations, proof it!

as i said in many topics you will see all muslim stand up and condem the attacks by these lunitics when we see all the americans stand up and condem the acts of their goverments in breeding these lunitics and being responsible for the deaths of countless thousend people,and being so double standerd in the middle east.

its a two way street

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Bodrul, I'd ask you to respond on my point of view. You say these topics make you sick, yet I find it interesting to discuss (without any sarcasm).

sorry the first post made me sick (my appoligies for ignoring your reply)

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

its a two way street

Of course it is and I'm aware of the fact that many Westerners don't make any attempts to improve relations anymore. However, I do think it is of crucial importance for Muslims to codemn openly against radical fundamentalists, just thinking is realy not enough.

sorry the first post made me sick (my appoligies for ignoring your reply)

No problem

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Bodrul, the first post makes you sick eh? Well let me tell you what makes me sick! Seeing muslims openly preach hate of the country they live, on the streets of that very country that gives them the freedom to do it! Lets not beat around the bush here, I bet if there was a survey you would find most of them dont support themselves or the other 20 they brought over from the wonderful motherland they came from! If they want sharia law so bad, pi$$ off back to the dunes where they come from!

Cant you see why people are turning against muslims? Its not hard, pick a paper up or turn on the tv.

If you look at what I originally wrote you will see that I said that these people are dragging down the name of all muslims and I for one am guilty of that! I am being honest! Now if you cant see what is really happening in the world, you are not.

If you dont like what I say, hard cheese. Because I am not the only one who thinks like this. If your sick of hearing anti-muslim talk, it may be because everytime there is a muslim protesting against the western world, we voice our opinion, its what my fore-fathers fought for! Again, if you dont like it, go to the dunes with your buddys!

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mezzanine
Muslims in western countries are openly discriminated against and often times treated as a suspected terrorist (and there is no proving otherwise).

The very fact that you're buying into anti muslim propoganda is whats really concerning about this thread.

Anti-muslim propaganda? You telling me that none of this is done by muslims? They dont suicide bomb innocent people? They dont riot over a cartoon? They dont murder people over what the pope said? They dont preach hate on the streets? They dont fly planes into buildings?

Oh sorry...My mistake!

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Did your Grandparents fight to preserve this country and its freedoms with a full understanding of what that means? Were they Muslim?

There have been a huge number of converts to Muslim in the USA since the 1960's, especially among the prison population.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Note to all:

War On Terrorism » Effective IMMEDIATELY – Please Review This Link.

OK, sorry. I will cool it down. Getting wound up a bit!

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hunt them down, tie them up, take them for a spell in Gitmo for a few years, then take away their citizenship, and ship them to an Islamic country of their choice.

Get rid of this dangerous enemy amongst us, and start saying that they either shape up or ship out. They are the fifth colum, they are the enemy within, and they will lead this country into civil war - a very small minority of muslims want sharia law, so i saw OK, go to a country of your choice, because this will not be the one you get. We will fight you for it - maybe not now, maybe not for another decade, but we will fight you for it.

I hate the way that British people go do a job, come back, and have to face the same islamic enemy at home -for thats what they are the minute they did this - enemy combatants against the state.

Gitmo Mk II is called for here in the UK.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mezzanine

If you have studied the subject at all you would surely know they have it far better in Western countries than non mulims have in muslim lands.

btw - this propaganda , are you saying that this didnt happen?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My neighbours are Sikh's, we get on no problem at all, we talk nearly every day, they do their thing and I do mine, sure we are of a different colour but that don't matter, if they or I was in trouble then I know we would help each other out.

Back to the thread:

I read many things from all websites, I'm nosey, but I do like to get a proper picture of not just home but world events. I turned 40 last week and I can say hand on heart that I do believe that the first boiling point / anti Muslim trouble will more than likely start in the UK.

Why do I reckon it will happen here, well there as been a groundswelling of discontent for about 20 plus years, I know cus I have lived thru those years, people who live here maybe not born here but nevertheless love this country are coming to the end of their tether.

The UK is over subscribed, and there are too many here who just want to live on what this country can give and yet still denounce the very country they are living in, something has just got to give.

The real shame about it is that there will be too many innocents caught in the crossfire.

I fly the Cross of St. George with pride, yet my local council says I cannot and shouldn't because it is racist, go figure

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I agree that tension is rising between Muslims and others but only as stated in the media. All the Muslims I know are hard working people, business men/women, work colleauges etc. The majority of any population want to live in peace with each other and usually do, the actions of a minority should not taint the whole. There are extremists on all sides but in a democracy all these people have a right to be heard. If you do not agrre with it you can express your views just as much.

I find it very disturbing that some people say deport these people, get rid of them. what do you mean like what Hitler did. Many people in these ethnic groups are British citizens born and bred so where do you send them. And do all other countries send back their ethnic groups. If you are concerned about radical groups then contact your local Councillor, MP etc. But just remember its not just about radical Muslims, its about radical, Jews, Christians, Members of the BNP etc. all can pose a threat to the accepted way of life.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Muslims want sharia law - I would fight to the death to stop that - I have been to far too many countries were this sick and twisted rule is in force. I will not tolerate a group, any group who try to say we whave to abide by a sick and twisted mentality that is sharia law.

My wife looks great without a burkha thank you - I don't want to see ANY man trying to hit /beat her because she is not dressed as they think she should - thats going to start trouble.... bad trouble. Muslims are seperatists - look around the world - they split as soon as they think they have the numbers to force the issue - oh and even in the UK they have their own parliment, where as NO other ethnic group has - whys this? because they want to be seperate...

Fine, be seperate, im sure iran / syria / iraq/ afghanistan / pakistan would welcome you with open arms.... im sure that would be seperate enough.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto
Anti-muslim propaganda? You telling me that none of this is done by muslims?

So you condemn an entire religious group because of some idiots?

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
Muslims want sharia law -

Which Muslims? You mean some Muslims? Obviously not all Muslims, and the dominant majority do not want Sharia law. So, anyway, you don't like Sharia law....ok....what's your point?

[edit on 8-10-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop

Did your Grandparents fight to preserve this country and its freedoms with a full understanding of what that means? Were they Muslim?

There have been a huge number of converts to Muslim in the USA since the 1960's, especially among the prison population.

they are muslims from bangladesh

ww1 under british rule (got some edward medal)
ww2 came to britain for work faught in war

and they were born muslims

i know most muslim converts who have previous criminals turn to extemeism since they do so to follow their previous path as this somehow makes it ok for them in their eyes

i have nothing against people and their views Mcphisto its when they use the actions of a few to condem the rest os thats when i do

i ask this to everyone who is against muslims

1. how many muslims do you know?

2. do you just make your minds up from media reports? (if so then the logic of people in the middle east hating the US and so forth is well founded from the news they get )

3. so your saying muslims in britain want sharia law (granted a few do and if they want it they should go to a islamic country) how many muslims have said that to you? last time i checked me and all the muslims i know dont express such a feeling

4. last time a i checked its not a parliment

magicmushroom

thank you
pretty summed it up

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join