It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush hides in a closet to avoid a crowd who hate him!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You ignoring me jsobecky? Answer my question so we can either get it on or let the topic continue.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I just knew intrepid was Canadian...we love to peacefully (but loudly) assemble for a cause, OR at least acknowledge we (still) have the right to do so.

Is Jeb a "fraidy cat"? Fraidy so...

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
How about you not jumping in without understanding the entire context of the discussion, eh?

Give up the crystal ball, your readings are off. I read every posting.

I'm not going to defend myself to you, niteboy. You conveniently overlook anything they said. and try to judge me.

I read everything they said. I also read what you said. Can I not comment on that? This is a forum after all, and I take this topic seriously. Can you see past partisanship to do the same?

Yeah, well I find it offensive that you mangle my username and pretend some type of familiarity that isn't there.

It's a username. You called me niteboy, but I'm not running around and screaming like a loon because someone wants to shorten something up. That's a cheap shot, and get's no credence from me whatsoever.

Spoken like a true adolescent.

Go look at your last quote, and then think really really hard.

Who said anything about free speech zones here, niteboy?

Oh, I'm sorry, I put something extra into the fray, and you caught me on it. Where are people supposed to protest, Becky? It's obvious that you have a problem with them being out of containment.

And "rule of law"? You don't know what that is. You condone mob rule, chasing a man down an escalator so that he has to hide.

Once again, stick to your dayjob, the crystal ball is not working for you today. There are a few people in New Orleans that can replace the bulb. u2u me if you need a few numbers.

Uh, that doesn't mean that mob rule should be allowed merely because you disagree with someone.

It wasn't mob rule! Stop dramaticizing this. It was exactly what it was. Mob rule. Puhlleease!

You're so damned anti-administration that you don't even understand what the debate is about.

Dear, this has nothing to do with the administration, unless you're speaking on a state level.

It's not about politics. It's not about party. It's about the actions of a mob that chases a visitor to a city so that he has to seek shelter.

My drama teacher in high school was not nearly this good. I'll have to get her to sign up and learn. It was a protest. You're calling it a mob. The police would be more than willing to arrest someone doing something wrong.

That's not the way we do things. That's the very last resort. Even then it is only justified if your cause is just.

The way you do things. Not the way we do things.

To condone chasing a man down the street is the mark of a mouth-breathing cretin. To find it amusing is the mark of an adolescent.

I never said I found anything about this amusing. Don't turn things around Becky. It is what it is. Don't put words in my posts, because I can spot that from a mile away. You won't throw my words around to fit what suits your argumentative tastes.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yeah, they just happen to be Republican.

And I just happened to have voted the man in office. Do I regret it now? You betcha! However, republican/democrat has nothing to do with civil rights. Don't turn things around, dear.

Kumbaya.

Love the song. Catchy, especially when you get it going in a round of 3.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I don't know guys. I am starting to feel sorry for JsoBecky, the poor guy is getting delusional with the claims of "beating" Intrip. It never fails to amaze me that those that advocate violence are usually(Not always obviously) the ones that are true cowards. Much like the NK thing. Will Bush or anyone hit when there is a good chance of them getting hit back? Not likely...

Anyway, back on topic...

P.S - Intrip - glad to see other Canucks here! Keep fighting the good fight my friend!

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

You ignoring me jsobecky? Answer my question so we can either get it on or let the topic continue.

Excuse me? "Answer my question"? Who the hell are you to demand from me?

I'll answer you if I choose to and when I choose to.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Oh, I'm sorry, I put something extra into the fray, and you caught me on it. Where are people supposed to protest, Becky? It's obvious that you have a problem with them being out of containment.

You are an adolescent, niteboy82. Still with the mangling of the username.

Grow up.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So then we are all in agrement? Jeb is a fraidy cat and JsoBecky is a little sensative about his username...

Interesting thing though with the story(Not sure if it has been covered) Jeb apparently blew them a kiss, before things got downright....well - normal for a protest(But it scared the pants off of ol Jeb). Couldn't that be seen as antagonizing the crowd?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Give up the crystal ball, your readings are off. I read every posting.

Then you need to work on your reading comprehension. Examples to follow.

Can you see past partisanship to do the same?

I've already stated that I don't care if the mob was Dem, lib, commie or whatever. This is not about party as much as you try to twist it that way.

It's about an unruly mob.

You called me niteboy, but I'm not running around and screaming like a loon because someone wants to shorten something up. That's a cheap shot, and get's no credence from me whatsoever.

Well, that might matter if you had any credibility to begin with.

Who said anything about free speech zones here, niteboy?

Where are people supposed to protest, Becky? It's obvious that you have a problem with them being out of containment.

Another example of poor reading comprehension, coupled with twisting of words.

There are a few people in New Orleans that can replace the bulb. u2u me if you need a few numbers.

No, just let me know when you guys manage to get the streets cleaned up.

Uh, that doesn't mean that mob rule should be allowed merely because you disagree with someone.

It wasn't mob rule! Stop dramaticizing this. It was exactly what it was. Mob rule. Puhlleease!

I realize that your mind is going through all kinds of denial right now, but at some point you have to face facts.

Chasing an innocent man down the street and into a closet is intimidation. The actions of a mob. Mob rule.

You're so damned anti-administration that you don't even understand what the debate is about.

Dear, this has nothing to do with the administration, unless you're speaking on a state level.

Dear? You may swing that way, niteboy82, but I don't. I'm a man that likes women.

It's not about politics. It's not about party. It's about the actions of a mob that chases a visitor to a city so that he has to seek shelter.

My drama teacher in high school was not nearly this good. I'll have to get her to sign up and learn.

Judging from some of their students, the teachers down there have a lot to learn.

That's not the way we do things. That's the very last resort. Even then it is only justified if your cause is just.

The way you do things. Not the way we do things.

By "we", you mean mob rule. Well, when you become an adult, you'll either have to live by the rule of law or else you're gonna have a nice long life being someone's cell "mate".

Don't put words in my posts, because I can spot that from a mile away. You won't throw my words around to fit what suits your argumentative tastes.

And you better learn to practice what you preach.

You don't want reasoned debate; you want to make brownie points with Bush-haters. You can't stand on your own two feet; you need crowd (mob) approval.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
*Edit Message completely removed. Not worth the time or effort on a site that I appreciate*

[edit on 10/9/06 by niteboy82]

[edit on 10/9/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Man, I would hide in a closet, if I were ganged up on.
Is there a closet in this thread?

Fighting over semantics..geez..

The guy was ushered into a closet as a precaution.

I had asked earlier about a governor that is also the Brother of a sitting president.
Would he have more security than the average governor?
Anyone know?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Man, I would hide in a closet, if I were ganged up on.
Is there a closet in this thread?

Fighting over semantics..geez..

The guy was ushered into a closet as a precaution.

I had asked earlier about a governor that is also the Brother of a sitting president.
Would he have more security than the average governor?
Anyone know?

I have no idea really. I would assume all Gov. have a standard security force, but I am sure they could edit it for whatever reason. Being a family member of a sitting pres. I don't think would automatically get more security but I am sure nepotism has a hand somewhere.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I doubt that if would have to be nepotism..
I mean, regular non-politician family members have security.

Being a Governor, and a family member would make one a double target, wouldn't it?
Wouldn't security be more paranoid, and cautious with such a person?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I doubt that if would have to be nepotism..
I mean, regular non-politician family members have security.

Being a Governor, and a family member would make one a double target, wouldn't it?
Wouldn't security be more paranoid, and cautious with such a person?

Double target? I don't know. I would assume that the security around all Politicians is geared towards the preceived threat. I would assume that the security around Bush&Co, or any of their family's are probably gaurded more closely than say a Governor with less controversial connections.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
You mindless fanatics always try and make everything a left vs. right.

It's the old bi-partisan bickering that's being used as a distraction of the real problem...Besides, that "right vs. left" thing belongs over in PTS, not here. Mods can & will enforce that policy. I'm glad to see that Wyrd One stepped in & emphasized the point.

Maybe you can point out where it is specifically protected in our Constitution?

It may not be in the Constitution itself, but haven't you ever heard of the Privacy Act or read the Bill of Rights lately? However the Constitution does protect Citizens from "illegal search & seizure", which is completely disregarded by the Shrub's Patriot Act & the followup Victory Act. Anything the government does that directly contradicts the writ of the Constiution must be held accountable...Subject to Impeachment/Removal & indictment. It's not just the President that must swear/affirm to "defend, protect & uphold the Constitution", but also, "The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution..." (Constitution, Article 6). Since all of these Offices must legally bind themselves to the Constitution as a legal contract, they must also be held accountable for any breach of the contract.
Again, the protesters were not positively identified as "mainiac" liberals, so board members who label them as such should take themselves over to PTS to continue their mudslinging. This event is merely an indication that the People are getting sick & tired of these politicians who put themselves above the law & being held accountable for their actions.

What is not to understand? The fact that you accept violence as a method of protest, and see it as normal behavior.

Yes, it is normal behavior...Or have you forgotten what the War of Independance was all about? In case you've forgotten, any war for any reason is going to be violent. Not to also mention this little blurb from the Declaration of Independence itself:
"That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principals, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
When crooked politicians put themselves above the law & accountability, it is the Right of American Citizens to become patriots for their nation which, BTW, is not the same as being loyal to the government. Both sides of the bi-partisan bickering indicates, to me, people who are putting their government above their nation...Which is exactly what they've manipulated you to do.

The fact is, if you disagree with a politician's actions, there are methods specified to deal with it. Like elections, for example.

Even after the controversies that have surround the whole process of elections, do you honestly believe that elections really mean anything to those crooks? Politicians & their corporate bosses have corrupted the whole process of government from every angle they can conceive & you still support them? You strike me as either someone who chooses to be blind or perhaps some kind of (corporate or government) Subversive Agent sent here to spread disinformation. I can understand that ATS has grown large enough & has even captured the attention of the media, so seeing people like that can be expected.

Adults live under the rule of law. Adolescents haven't yet grasped that, and live on the sour milk of unbridled emotion. That's what happened in Pittsburgh - a group of emotionally adolescent thugs chased a visitor to their city down into the subway.

Do you have a degree in Psychology or at least a report by a credible Psychologist who has studied the event? And interviewed the persons involved? If not, your opinion seems to make more of a statement about yourself than it does about the protestors.

If he runs, doesn't that imply that he has to be chased just to get a word in?

Even when the corporate puppets use politics to remove all other recourses, then it's still not ok to resort to the "last resort?" The government has been displaying an ever-increasing amount of ability to ignore the People, whom they have sworn to serve, so what recourses are left? Besides, that "mob" (which never acted like a mob, in the strict definition of the word) never commited any violence & I'd personally rather not see it come to vilolence, but all of the indications I have seen are leading to violence being the only thing left to the People. Time to wake up & smell the news...It stinks, but you may have to sacrifice your nose to smell where the $#!+ pile sits...It's covering Washington DC & the People are drowning in it.

Seems to me someone should give SkepticOverlord a call to get the cyber-drama cleaned out of this thread...

*Edit doesn't seem to work right when I try to correct that messed up text-code...What the?

[edit on 9-10-2006 by MidnightDStroyer]

Oh great...Third attempt finally worked...

[edit on 9-10-2006 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You are an adolescent, niteboy82. Still with the mangling of the username.

Grow up.

You have had the most angry posts that I have seen on this site, as of tonight. I am not an adolescent. I am 23 years old. I vote, I pay taxes, I contribute to my community and volunteer more than I probably should. Just because we don't agree does not take away the fact that I am indeed an adult. You have made it perfectly clear how you feel on certain issues, and you seem full of anger. I think that's disappointing.

Thanks for your time though Becky, even I can appreciate a healthy debate with someone that I don't agree with. You apparently cannot, and I feel terribly sorry for you. I hope eventually you learn a more peaceful approach to dealing with others, because you haven't seemed to be able to do it with me.

I won't disrespect you, all I ask is the same in return. So lets do everyone a favor, and if you have a beef with me further, hit the button to send me a u2u, and lets stop derailing this thread with this nonsense. It's an important topic, and shouldn't be filled with this.

Wishing you the best.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

Ya know, this halppened in Pennsylvania, the home of the Quakers, a people who believe in complete non-violence. More than likely, at least a good portion of the protesters were Quaker, since it was an anti-war protest as well.

This shows how very little you know about the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and about Quakers.

You mean, like the stuff you just said about the Bush family? Oh, I forgot, it's OK if you do it, right.

So I don't know anything about the Pennsylvania and the Quakers??
ha, ha, ha. My husband lived the first 35 years of his life in Pennsylvania and is very familiar with Quakers and Amish and their commitment to non-violence. Of course, there's always a few bad apples, but the Quakers often attend protests, I know, I've been there, along with Catholic priests and nuns, Jewish rabbis and Protestant priests and church members. What's so hard to understand? And perhaps you, the expert, will tell me where I'm wrong?? You don't even make any statements to the contrary, let alone support them with fact.

As to my comments about the Bushes, I say only what is the truth. I have read at least 6 different books about the entire Bush family, not to mention scores and scores of articles by reputable journalists. Everything I say can be backed up with solid sources. You will notice, however, that I leave the hate spewing for others, I try to just report the facts. I do not make blanket statements about people, especially when I don't know them.

THe truth is, it's about time some group of people cornered a politician and asked him to be accountable. This country is a mess and it didn't get their solely by the Repub or Demo parties, it took both of them and alot of corrupt politicians. We have no system of checks and balances any more. We, the People, are on our own, it's up to us to take back our government so it can be honest and FOR the People once more. I applaud the actions of these 30 people for not standing down like cowards. Our govt SHOULD be afraid of the People, not the other way around, which is how it stands now. Jethro Bush should be afraid, he's a crook, a liar, a thief, a criminal and worst of all, a traitor - he knowingly helped to steal the 2000 election. He deserves far worse than running to hide in a closet.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Thanks for your time though Becky, even I can appreciate a healthy debate with someone that I don't agree with. You apparently cannot, and I feel terribly sorry for you. I hope eventually you learn a more peaceful approach to dealing with others, because you haven't seemed to be able to do it with me.

Emphasis added.

When you learn basic respect for a person, you will be able to debate with me. Until then, your actions are those of an adolescent. What you are doing is continuing to taunt me.

Why is that, niteboy82?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Emphasis added.

When you learn basic respect for a person, you will be able to debate with me. Until then, your actions are those of an adolescent. What you are doing is continuing to taunt me.

Why is that, niteboy82?

Your last post to me:

Originally posted by intrepid

Excuse me? "Answer my question"? Who the hell are you to demand from me?

I'll answer you if I choose to and when I choose to.

Nice respect man. Ever hear of a 2 way street? Seeing as you don't want to deal with this discussion, THAT YOU STARTED, in an open, regulated forum, would you care to take it to u2u?

Hopefully after this post we can proceed without further derailment of this thread.

Emphasis mine.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Emphasis added.

Why is that, niteboy82?

It is annoying isn't it? Be thankful, you could be blowing you a kiss and then you could shase him into a closet? LOL!!

with all due respect don't you think that getting uptight over a shortening of your username is a tad bit over the top? You didn't seem to have a problem when I refered to you as Jso(Because I couldn't remember how to spell your whole screen name)? To be honest it seems like you are rather personal about this. Do you get this upset when you hear of police beating on protestors(Agreed some certainly deserve it, but still that is, at least by your definition a MB, and one with batons and mace, and guns)?

Seriously though, bush is a public figure and if you are uptight about a poster shortening JsoBecky to Becky, then how uptight do you think the protesters were when Jeb blew them a kiss?

[edit on 10-10-2006 by Waiting2awake]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join