It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush hides in a closet to avoid a crowd who hate him!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The above posters who say it was wrong to hassle a man who is elected to a post and should listen to the people miss a point.

They won't listen, they cheat votes, fraud out the public, so the only thing left is direct action...

Damn I thought you Americans knew how your country was formed....By chasing down those who would not listen and changing it by force of protest and revolution....

I still laugh at the thought of a Bush in a closet...shaking like a baby as those nasty rough unwashed poor normal peole hassled him....

ROFL!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

[i[from 12m8keall2c
jsobecky,
Do you not see the culmination of All as demonstrative of the discontent of Many? ... to include opposing sides on various issues, yet banded together all the same.

I read this from the original article:

The protesters came closer.

"Jeb, go home," they shouted.

Mr. Bush, accompanied by a security guard and a female aide, made a slow retreat toward the T-station at Wood Street.

"He was quickly getting out of the way and not wanting to engage us," said Jon Vandenburgh, one of the protesters, who also is a researcher for the United Steelworkers.

Once in the subway station, Mr. Bush scurried to the escalators and descended to the mezzanine level, Mr. Vandenburgh said.

By now, Mr. Bush was cornered. He was surrounded by signs that said "Pittsburgh is a Santorum Free Zone," "Honk if you're sick of Rick," and a crowd growing increasingly louder, according to Mr. Vandenburgh

They did not confront him and chase him because he was delivering a speech.

They chased him because he is a Republican.

What's to be tolerated next? Chasing someone because they are a Christian? Or a Muslim? Or a musician?

The man was not trying to confront them. He was actively trying to avoid them. Even one of the mob admitted that.

What is there to defend here?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
what i worry about, is when the first few actual eggs get thrown, or rocks even...

that is when the true dividing lines are drawn, and the restrictions on free speech imposed...

it will only take a few, to ruin the reputation of the many... and violence is what the hard core "neo" republicans want... then they can shut us up with legal justification...

coming headline " protesters are banned from official visits by politicans, until a week after the visit".

chip, chip... bubble boil...
eating away at the hope of freedom... so slowly, we can barely see it...

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
lol, oh poor poor Mr Bush...cheated millions of folks but heck if any one dares to stand against him.... to the gulag they should go!

Sorry, I have no sympathy. your countries being sold out from underneath you by the Bush family and co, along with your freedoms...

Soon its going to be fight, flight, or slavery. Just like a couple of hundred years ago in Philli..... Tea Tax any one?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
what i worry about, is when the first few actual eggs get thrown, or rocks even...

that is when the true dividing lines are drawn, and the restrictions on free speech imposed...

it will only take a few, to ruin the reputation of the many... and violence is what the hard core "neo" republicans want... then they can shut us up with legal justification...

coming headline " protesters are banned from official visits by politicans, until a week after the visit".

chip, chip... bubble boil...
eating away at the hope of freedom... so slowly, we can barely see it...

So, you are one of those who advocate this type of "protest"? And now you want to shift the blame onto "neo republicans" because your type decided to physically assault someone, in your scenario?

Try taking some personal responsibility for your actions. The "hope of freedom" began to disappear when you decided to chase opposing voices into a broom closet. That is when "the restrictions on free speech" were first imposed.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
So, you are one of those who advocate this type of "protest"? And now you want to shift the blame onto "neo republicans" because your type decided to physically assault someone, in your scenario?

- Maybe "HIS TYPE" is one that beleives if you cause 2600 deaths(Or have a hand in it), if you have caused the senseless suffering of innocent people, and if you have sided with the big bad brave men that talk war and death and staying the course, all the while others are having to do it - maybe HIS TYPE, beleive that they should answer for thier crimes. Which, IMO, seems to be a reasonable request wouldn't you think? If you are going to side with people saying that war and death is the only solution, then shouldn't you have to face the people you are, by extension, sending to death? You know - accountablity and all?

Try taking some personal responsibility for your actions. The "hope of freedom" began to disappear when you decided to chase opposing voices into a broom closet. That is when "the restrictions on free speech" were first imposed.

You have got to be kidding me? Do you not remember what the Bush admin did to those that pointed out the crimes of invading Iraq? What did they do with the UN? How about Shehan and her group? The republicans have done far worse than ask for questions to be answered - they have refused to even here the answers and declare guilt without trail. The only thing better than what did happen would be if they found him, ripped him out of there and caused him to speak in front of people and account for his actions, or hsi complaciency in his actions.

If I hit you, it is illogical of me to assume you won't want payback. So after the last 8 years of pillaging, war mongering, fear mongering, and out and out deception would you think that payback wouldn't occur to those that have lost their families in these known lies?

If your family member had died from a lie someone spoke, would you not want to grab the brother and ask him why? (Or would you fly out their family while no one was looking
)

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Oh, geez, with that kind of logic how can I disagree?

You sure convinced me!

If one of your family members ever does something wrong, I'm sure you'll understand why it is absolutely right for a mob to chase you down the street.

Thanks for correcting my faulty logic.:shk:

Edit to add: I wonder why the relevance of your post hasn't been questioned by the mods?

[edit on 7-10-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Ah to good to be true. I wonder when he will come out the closet!!!!!!!

[edit on 8-10-2006 by El Che]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Oh come on!

Just stop and ask them their issue?! Have you ever been hassled by protestors? There is NOTHING you can do to shut them up so you can get one word in other than use force (which I have never done).

Have you ever been mobbed by a large group of protestors? Were you there when Jeb got hassled? No... how could you all possibly have any idea what was going on?

Jesus people...

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
That was a disgraceful reception for two of our officials, especially for a visiting governor of a state. There's nothing funny about forcing guests to one's city to take refuge under any conditions to avoid physical harm.

Anyone who finds this funny has the mentality of a 10 year old or worse has anti-social tendency. Those with the mentality of a 10 year old should be ashamed of themselves. Those with anti-social tendencies, well, there's not much hope for you.

Pittsburgh has a black eye over this one.

[edit on 2006/10/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'd have to say this is pretty funny. I guess utility closets are safe houses for

government officials these days. What I don't get is some people's need to run to

the defense of this guy. I don't see anywhere in the article that he was

threatened, in danger or even being "chased" at all.

At best the crowd probably took advantage of Jeb's impromptu showing an decided

to let him hear it. Being from the oh so brave Bush family bloodline I'm sure he

was first to suggest hiding in a closet. And last I checked the right to peaceful

protest was guaranteed...well at least it was 5+ years ago.

So as a public figure you're gonna have to deal with it tho it maybe disruptive or

obnoxious, as long as it isn't threatening or violent. Regardless if you subscribe to

the policies of the the neo-cons, like I'm sure Jebby does, than you deserve worse

than to be herded into a subway closet.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Now this is what I call a "VICTORY"!

Great job, Pittsburg!
A battle was won today by the people, and on a field dominated by a fascist political elite taht pretends to be almighty and untouchable. Well, that shows that after all the Bushies are jsut a bunch of scared crooks like the others of their kind.

Reminds me of that wonderful line that ends a chapter in the third book of Lord of the Rings, which is said by Frodo: "They cannot always win"... Tolkien was right, there's always hope for justice to be won, even in the darkest times.

Hail Chavez! Down with fascists pigs!

[edit on 8/10/06 by Echtelion]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
That was a disgraceful reception for two of our officials, especially for a visiting governor of a state. There's nothing funny about forcing guests to one's city to take refuge under any conditions to avoid physical harm.

Anyone who finds this funny has the mentality of a 10 year old or worse has anti-social tendency. Those with the mentality of a 10 year old should be ashamed of themselves. Those with anti-social tendencies, well, there's not much hope for you.

Pittsburgh has a black eye over this one.

[edit on 2006/10/8 by GradyPhilpott]

Oooh your poor officials... what a disgrace! A DISGRACE, I say! The people should treat officials like gods, as they are from a superior race, and deserve all the approval and respect for what they do, even if its stealing the poor and supporting wars fought for fictitious purposes. So brave they are to face a bunch of evil, violent liberals in full gear, I AM MOVED!

How about deeming the neocons "closet cowards" from now on, hey?

[edit on 8/10/06 by Echtelion]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
The people should treat officials like gods, as they are from a superior race, and deserve all the approval and respect for what they do, even if its stealing the poor and supporting wars fought for fictitious purposes.

No one suggested that they be treated like gods or as a superior race. They are our elected officials and we should at least treat them with the dignity appertaining to their offices, as guests and at the very least humans.

When faced with at threatening crowd, law enforcement has an obligation to protect them from harm. That they had to seek refuge in a closet says nothing of their personal fortitude, but of their discretion.

According to the report, this demonstration went far beyond peaceable assembly and those who participated should be prosecuted.

I am ashamed for Pittsburgh.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
What shocks me is that there are so many USW workers that hate Republicans when if you look at the people who have voted to send jobs overseas there are just as many Democrats involved, it is just that they are better liars.
The international unions sold out a long time ago but the average worker is too stupid to see that.
Check this out maybe you can order something but do not expect that it will be made in America because most is not.
How do I know, I have been a Union leader for 15 years and have orderd about a thousand products from them and almost all of them are made in China,Taiwan.and Dominican Republic.
steelworkersmerchandise.com...

[edit on 8-10-2006 by factfinder38]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I hope they send that whole family into hiding..

anything to rid us of the most disgraceful and corrupt officials this country has ever seen..

Oh look great, GW Snr had a new toy created today. .a new nuclear a/c carrier.

How can we have 3 members of the same country, in power positions..
after all the suspicous events people still defend these men.

They should bring all 3 bush men out of there closets and hang them in the public square.

We need to show the world, these men to not represent what the USA is about..

You either follow bush, or you dont.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Try taking some personal responsibility for your actions.

Try telling it to the bush bunch because it's LONG past time that they did just that.

How long did you expect them to get away with crapping on people before the people started flinging it back???

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hooray for the protesters!

The people involved in the current administration are people who can't take any confrontation with John Q Public simply because they really don't care about John Q Public at all. The current pack of liars we have running this country really just does not care about what the public needs or wants.

We currently are making more production on the jobs and less money than before. The ***** in our government gives themselves a pay raise every year at the expense of John Q Public but have refused to raise the minimum wage and more and more people are slipping into poverty and more and more have no insurance. This alone should prove to anyone how much they care and who they care about.

The rich in this country are getting richer while the poor are getting poorer. They want our kids for fighting their wars and us paying our taxes. Does no one see that while we pay those taxes Bush's buddies have robbed the taxpayers blind through those contracts they got? Our grandkids are still going to be paying this bill off.

Bush makes speech after speech about our so called freedoms and how the terrorists hates us for it and then he seeks legislation to take those freedoms away. Is this his plan to make the terrorists hate us less? LOL Or do they want us to have less freedoms because that means less power for you and more for the ruling elite?

And speaking of freedoms here is the story of how one man stood in line and told the VP what he thought about the war and Cheney's policies. He turned and left and later was arrested for assault and harrassment for simply speaking his mind. So much for freedom of speech apparently it only applies to people who agrees with the current administration.

full transcript available at the link

www.democracynow.org.../10/05/1429248
Thursday, October 5th, 2006
Denver Man Sues Secret Service for Arrest After He Criticized Cheney on Iraq War

Yesterday, a federal lawsuit was filed against the U.S government alleging civil rights violations. The lawsuit was filed by Steven Howards - an environmental consultant in Colorado - who was arrested in June after he approached Vice President Dick Cheney and denounced the war in Iraq. The lawsuit is the third one that's been filed charging that Secret Service agents or White House staff members violated the law when they attempted to keep people with opposing views away from President Bush or Cheney. In another suit pending in Colorado, two people say they were kicked out of a public event where Bush was speaking because of an anti-war bumper sticker. And in West Virginia the ACLU has filed a lawsuit on behalf of two people who were arrested at an appearance by Bush because they were wearing anti-Bush t-shirts.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The fact is that this man was an innocent visitor whose rights were violated by an ignorant group of thugs. So you want to justify their actions because of his last name? Guilt by association?

Good. Then you'll understand when the mob chases your grandmother down the street because you did something wrong.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
If My brother was doing wat GWBush was doing...

Id be front line trying to convince him to cease control cause his methods are obviously enflaming the situation.

Im not saying Jeb should turn face and go against his brother...

But that people who defend this family, and declare activists an agry mob i thankfully say, will be eating their own words.

Because the day is coming where this administration is going to something so outrageous, the most most die hard supporters are going to finally see the light.

In a decent world every american citizen would be joining these people on the streets.

The only reason Bush is in power, is because the people arent strong enough to think for themselves... and stand up the way this group has.

[edit on 8-10-2006 by Agit8dChop]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join