It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB Playoffs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Cano will be the next Soriano.

Young, cheap talent that is traded for an overpaid veteran who is trying to recover his glory days.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Tiger's and A's are playing soon. I'm betting on Detroit winning the series.

Tigers and Mets in the World Series

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
if they trade Cano they should all be taken out back and shot.

I would like to see the Mets nab Soriano for left and then let chavez and milledge platoon in right until one of them proves he should be playing every day (read milledge shows he can do what he is supposed to do).

Tigers Mets would be nice but I think the A's will pull it off.

I want the Mets to face Zito so he can see why he should sign here when the season is over.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
if they trade Cano they should all be taken out back and shot.

Yeah, he really is great. It was his second year, right?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think second is right

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Detroit won last night.

They playing today? When do the Met's start?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I believe the Mets start tonight, and then play on alternating nights with the AL.

Could be wrong though.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
both games are on fox tonight. both games are at 8. local teams will get local games so NYC will see the Mets game, Detroit gets their game. Everyone else apparently gets the split screen. I kind wish I could see that.

Floyd was put on the roster. That is either going to be a huge mistake with him going gimpy and the mets being forced to use chavez full time (a plus) with no real backup for chavez and green. The other side of this could be using chavez full time and letting Floyd pinch hit until his achilles is stronger. I can see him pinch hitting a homerun and kirk Gibsoning around the bases.

Oddly enough, Anderson Hernandez is on the roster. He is going to be an amazing fielder but his once incredible bat died on him when he was called up early in the season. The Mets are now saying there's a chance El Duque will be ready for the World Series, should they get there.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Split screen? That would be cool to watch. I never heard of that before.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
my tvs both have picture in picture and split screen capabilities but they don't work with cable so it's pointless (tv must be on channel 3 for cable).

ok, so I just found out that time warner cable's dvr boxes have the picture in picture capabilities too so I can get the split if I want it. No need for that tho

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Crakeur]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I only have the dvr thing which lets you watch a show and have another show in a little box on the corner. Pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If you don't have cable (like me) you will only be able to watch the one game on Fox, the other ganme will be on FSN cable channel. If you have cable then you're cool as long as you have picture in picture or split screen. Wish I did. But it's cool. they're showing the Mets/Cardinals game here in SoCAl and I am all about watching the Cards clobber the Mets.
:bash::bash:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Mets should win in 5 with Perez or Traschel being the one loss. That's my prediction. I like the cards but they have some injuries and the result is they are a one threat team when at bat and they have one good pitcher that isn't taking the mound until game 3 so they might be forced to rely on their bullpen and their bullpen is not that good. God help them if Looper takes the mound in NY.

The Mets have blown something like 4 games in which they were leading going into the 6th. So the Cards need to get on the starters and get on them early.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
the mets have more injuries right now then the cardinals. cliff flyod , pedro, and el duque are all gone for the series. i guess flyod is on the roster but not the same threat. the cardinals are simply missing their closer izzy who blew like 11 or some saves for us this year. we are better off without him. i have feared the mets all year , but the loss of pedro gives me hope. it should be a good series. dont forget the cardinals are not a one man team, we have the cy young from last year and possible cy young for this year.

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!

[edit on 11-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
the mets record without pedro is better than with him this year. Cliff Floyd is on the roster and playing and if he doesn't we have Endy Chavez who has more speed and a 300 average this year and an excellent glove. El Duque is out until the world series. You guys have Looper to close. He stinks. We should know.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well, unfortunately, the Yankees just lost a member of the family. Cory Lidle was on the plane.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
nevermind, I was thinking of pavano.

oddly enough, lidle was talking about his plane last week and he mentioned that it had a parachute that you deploy in the event of engine trouble and the whole plane is brought slowly down. he even spouted stats regarding engine troubles and he discussed the kennedy crash.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Crakeur]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
the mets record without pedro is better than with him this year. You guys have Looper to close. He stinks. We should know.

any mets fan would and should say they would rather have pedro for this series , then not have him. he can be lights out when healthy. id take him over all the stl pitchers besides carp. ill agree with you, looper is terrible, but our closer for the post season is adam wainwright and he has been lights out so far. he has some mean stuff.

i cant wait for the game, ill quote baseballs advertisements from last year or a few years ago. " i live for this"

when you are born and raised a fan of any baseball team, its religion.

i cant wait for church to start, GO CARDINALS.

ps weavy is not lights out , he actually scares me

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I never said I didn't want pedro here, just pointing out that his absence is nowehere near as devastating as people make it out to be. El Duque is a bigger loss.

It seems like we will be rained out. Not sure if it has been postponed yet but there's no way they'd let the players take the field in this mess.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Met's aren't playing tonight, are they? With the guy dying and all. Plus it's pouring here.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join