It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB Playoffs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
they'd play if it wasn't raining but it is pouring.

it's ok, give Floyd a chance to heal a bit more.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Met game is postponed.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
MLB is on the backburner, Habs on SportsCenter tonight.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
With what has happened to the Yankees today is just sad. Even though I'm not a fan of the Yankees, but no team should have to go through something like this. It was the right thing to do for Major League Baseball tonight. Postpone the Mets game until at least THursday nite.

This day is another sad day for baseball.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The good news of the day in baseball is that Detroit won game 2 of the ALCS and they're going home for game 3 and 4. Go Tigers.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The Tiggies are up 2 and heading back to Detroit.

Ahh how good the smile feels. I would love to see these youngsters go all the way.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
With what has happened to the Yankees today is just sad. Even though I'm not a fan of the Yankees, but no team should have to go through something like this. It was the right thing to do for Major League Baseball tonight. Postpone the Mets game until at least THursday nite.

This day is another sad day for baseball.

the Mets Cards game was postponed because it was pouring rain all night. While the death of Corey Lidle, a former Met, was tragic, it would not have stopped the game. They would have done the same thing that the ALCS game did, a moment of silence.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Lidle was a former A' too, but they still played.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Athletic fans payed a great tribute to Lidle.

Was very respectfrul.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
awhile back an associate of mine, who shares office space with us, was telling me how he and his girlfirend were playing tennis in floida with this older couple (he's in his 50's so older would be much older). he said he made a comment about hitting one out the park or something and the old guys said "you like baseball?" My associate said he didn't follow it very much but he watches the playoffs when the NY teams are in it. The old guy says "well, hopefully you'll be watching my team in a year or two."

Turns out the old guy was Fred Wilpon's brother. The Wilpons own the Mets.

Fast forward to last night and I'm talking to the associate about how I tried every avenue and channel I knew to get tickets without paying thousands of dollars for decent seats and he said "Lois (his gf) asked me if we wanted tickets and I said no." I asked how she could get them. He said 'didn't I tell you the wilpons live near us out east and we play tennis and see them at least once a week?"

I almost strangled him

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

In times like these, you need to use your hookups.

Would castrating be necessary?

[edit on 12-10-2006 by chissler]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

In times like these, you need to use your hookups.

Would castrating be necessary?

I've met his girlfriend. there's no way he has his balls anymore.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The Tigers are beginning to look undestructable.

Potent offense with a tough rotation. They could use alittle better middle relief, but they have no major concerns on it right now.

I'm up in the air if its a Mets & Tigers final.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
they're beginning to look a lot like the team that ran away with the division in the first half of the season. Whupping Yankee ass sure does breed a lot of confidence

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I like Leylands move last night to get Verlander out before he ran into trouble. Keep the confidence level up.

They started to touch him up alittle bit, so yank the chain and have him gunning again next start.

Rogers has the ball next game I believe.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
He's an old pro with a couple of decades of playoff experience. He had Pittsburgh with Bonds and Bonilla, back when Bonds was not bloated and overpowered by his ego in a needle.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Bobby Bonilla. That's a name that isn't sparked in too many conversations.

Hear Canseco is a knuckleballer now?

sports.espn.go.com... =rss&source=MLBHeadlines

[edit on 12-10-2006 by chissler]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I had a nice conversation with Bonilla when he was in the last year of his Pirate's contract. He was playing the Mets and I was with a Yankees fan who was shouting about Bonilla in pinstripes every time the guy was in the on deck circle. My seats back then were 3rd row behind homeplate (sigh) and Bonilla was laughing a lot at my friend. The game ended and he came out of the dugout and started talking to us. Real nice guy. Then he joined the mets a few years later and he was ridiculous in every aspect of his game.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Zero's on the board in the bottom of three between the Cards 'n Mets.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
very good pitching on both sides in the ny v stl came. i had a feeling beltran would go deep, before he went deep

at least my team is not getting blown out, this is good news in my eyes.

good job weaver, now lets get the offense.

GO STL!!!!!!!!!!!

score is 2-0 going into the bottom of 7th

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join