It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB Playoffs

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hopefully he did not learn. I enjoy the headlines each year when the Yankees are defeated.

Rarely has that combination spelled out a World Series victory.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Any rumors about who A-Rod is getting traded for?

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Hopefully he did not learn. I enjoy the headlines each year when the Yankees are defeated.

not sure if I mentioned this but a yankee fan asked me why I was a met fan. He wanted to know how anyone can set themselves up for disappointmt and losing seasons every single year. I told him I'd rather win it all once in a while and get a total thrill than have my supposedly bulletproof team get knocked out of the playoffs every year. His letdown is far worse. If you rarely make a showing, the ones that you make are that much more fun.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Cashman has publicly said he is not trading A-rod. A-Rod has publicly said he does not, and will not be traded. And we have to remember he does have a no trade clause.

With that said, I do believe he may get traded in the off season. For now, we can only speculate. I would be shocked if he left the AL though.

I could see Boston or Chicago.

Texas already pays $9 million on his salary, I could see the Yanks having to pick up a piece aswell if they were to trade him.

Its 2-0 Detroit going into the Top of 4. Rogers is pitching a gem so far it seems.
Ed:

Actually its the bottom of 3. 2-0 though.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by chissler]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Any rumors about who A-Rod is getting traded for?

I haven't heard anything yet. For starters, teams can't talk trades yet. Cashman might be going over rosters and trying to see who he might be able to work with but A-Rod has a no trade clause and he is saying he wants to stay unless management tells him they really don't want him. Personally, if someone was shopping me in a trade, I would take that as a hint that thye don't want me. There are only a few teams he'd be willing to go to. Hopefully, for those teams, they aren't playoff contenders. That gaping hole in your batting order can come back to haunt you.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
But it is most players dream to be a Yankee. Beltran practically begged to become one. A-Rod might not be done with them just yet, he may have something to prove after this year.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Detroit's winning 3-0 8th inning

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Detroit wins, they are up 3-0 on the A's.

Looks good on 'em.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
did you guys see this???

A-Rod on Board Jet That Overruns Runway

If I was a Yankee, I'd have some serious issues about flying now.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Checking out the link now.

Sketchy title though, Georgy boy has to watch his titles.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Just reading the article on SI.

sportsillustrated.cnn.com... 13/arod.runway.overrun.ap/index.html

Scary stuff.

Anyone know what the Mets pitcher was thinking grooving that fastball on a 0-2 count?

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
what the hell was willie doing putting wagner in with the game tied? they get to your closer and you are deflated. bad call.

this game was, however, more along the lines of what I was expecting. Lots of hitting and run scoring. Hopefully we can rebound big time and take tonight's game.

On a personal note, my wife actually watched the game with me last night and asked some good bad and ugly questions. She got a real kick out of Reyes and his dancing around the dugout, clearly having a blast. The ugly question? Nothing to do with the game itself. More along the lines of "why don't all the girls love reyes and wright instead of jeter?"

a good question for a mets fan to hear but not the husband of the woman asking the question. she then went on to tell me how much better looking and "more fun" reyes and wright look than jeter. I had to explain that the only time sex is ever thought about with any relation to baseball is when we are having sex and that will now be tainted because I'll start thinking she's got reyes and wright in her head (gasp) just like me - but for very different reasons.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I have no problems with some of the antics, its good to see that these guys care about the game. I like to see them have alot of fun.

Is it a day or night game today?

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
8 every night. I like watching them have fun too. Reyes has been deemed the most exciting player in baseball by a few writers and sportscasters. I really do think it is a fair title. The kid's always all pumped up.

My wife told me she was cancelling the sitter last night so I could watch tonight's game. I told her not to do that. Had to explain that this game, while important, isn't the end and I can tape it and watch it in the morning if I don't find out the outcome beforehand. Told her that the charity event on Monday will be hard for me but I plan on getting updates via the cell phone.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Oh just go into severe ass-kissing mode and see if you can get a free pass on Monday.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
that's the pathetic part. I am the one who got us the tickets. thought I'd surprise her with a fun night out. she actually almost couldn't go. She's able to go now so I can't back out. Besides, at $700 for the tickets, I'm not missing it. Elvis Costello is performing and it should be a fairly cool event with lots of celebrities. It's a movie related charity with people like DeNiro, Goldie Hawn, Naomi Watts, Julia Ormond, The Weinsteins and Steven Soderbergh (and a ton more) scheduled to be there.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Oh wow, I underestimated the event.

I don't think I would pass up the opportunity on that either.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Tigers can clinch a spot in the World Series win a win this afternoon against the A's of Oakland. Kenny Rogers picthes another shutout for the second Friday in a row!!! Cards v. Mets, which is tied one game a piece, Game 3 is tonight at 7:35 Eastern on ESPN Radio and at 8:00 Eastern on FOX. Let's see what the Cards can do against the Mets pitching staff tonight!

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
gg last nite between ny and stl. im very happy with the outcome because stl has the momentum going back to stl. its down to a best of 5 series and stl now has home field advantage. too bad i have a union part tonight so ill miss most of the game

im hoping for a gg and esp a cardinal victory.

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just a waiting game now.

I can see Bonderman coming out and dominating the A's.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join