It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Shootings- Suspicious

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
they seem to be getting worse

They are getting worse because society is getting worse. They are getting worse because there are more whacks in this world. They are getting worse because life has become disposable. They are getting worse because people have been raised on mass death and violence on TV and are desensitized to the realities of how evil and painful murder is. It's getting worse because evil is running amuk ..

You are seeing what is growing from the seeds that have been planted for the past 40 years in America.

What you are seing isn't a political stunt. It's the dark realities of what we have allowed ourselves to become. And I believe it is only going to get worse.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
I've had a similar suspicion.

Like, why haven't troubled inner city schools shot each other to hell by now?

We have our share of problems..just nothing like that bad. We also have Metal detectors and School Safety has been merged with the New York City Police department so the School safety is trained well to handle the kids that get out of hand.

Pie

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
*WARNING I HAVE NO EVIDENCE TO BACK UP THIS CLAIM!!!*

I feel that the recent out pouring of school shootings is just a little trick of media minuplation by the media it self.

For a long time we have all known that the media picks and chooses what it wishes to put on air. For example there have been quite a few instances of radical isliamic outbursts in the US in the past month but it has not been reported on. Someone showed me an article of a shooting by a muslim extremist in Washington state however it never made it to mass media. They went forth and showed me more incidents that were never shown.

Now what does this hav to do with the shootings? I simply feel that these school shootings/ incidents are more common than anyof you think and now for some reason or another the media has somethign to gain by reporting on them, so now they are showing any story they find instead of just letting it sit back.

Wow that has to be the most conspiracy related post I have ever made on ATS.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConfederacyOfUnity
This just confirms that we live in a diffrent age and time. Our kids (me being one of them) need diffrent types of attention from our parents, we have new needs. Its been 2 years since ive been to HS (I am 19), but i still remember how it all goes. You take 30+ kids, shove them into a room and stuff their minds so full that it could explode. Next, you take those 30+ kids in each class room and put half of them on antidepressents. Then, you have social classes, outcasts, jocks, and whatever u can think of, that tend to put alot of strain on kids. If you had someone saying you were a loser, creep, or a screwup everyday it would too start to affect you slowly. The goverment education system was designed to make worker drones, not bright creative kids, mix the stress and drugs in and you got a ticking time bomb. I noticed with my graduation year (05) my year we were alot diffrent for some reason, we were more caring towards each other and such but the year after and the kids now like 16-17yrs old really dont give a *BEEP* about anyone. they drugged up violent kids. You could even mix antidepressents with all these other drugs like weed and extacy and presto! you have a major ticking bomb. Parents dont control their kids, they are taught whatever the teacher wants to teach them. They are drugged out of control, and people wonder why we have school shooting

Well you are right it is a new age, but times haven't changed as far as school goes. The problem is that you kids have been spoiled rotten. We as parents have to both work nowadays just to pay the bills and if you are a single parent its even harder. There were jocks, nerds, stoners and social classes in the 60's,70's,80's and even before those years. It hasn't changed. What has changed is that kids have no respect any more. You don't realize that to play the video games and to have cable TV and everything else that goes along with growing up it costs a lot of money. Your parents bust their butts and then on top of that have to worry about some poor depressed child that feels sorry for himself that the world doesn't love him and peer pressure is just too much. Thats a cop out. The only thing that has changed between then and now is Mom used to stay home and take care of the kids, there was no cable or internet and video games, there WAS corporal punishment at home and at school, there were no drugs used to control the kids at that time...the teachers just had to deal with it.

Pie

MMP

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
No gun control agenda stuff out of me. I personally believe these stories are meant to be a distraction from stories like E-Mails Force Rep. Mark Foley R-Fla. to Resign. We can't have our elected officials overly scrutinized for this kind of thing. When people start investigating corruption and criminal activity at the top so begins the misdirection and damage control.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astygia
Personally, I don't believe it's any sort of conspiracy. I can't bring myself to understand the kind of person that starts shooting up a school (especially the Amish, part of their lifestyle is to not bother anybody). but that doesn't mean such people are being mind-controlled.

It is very weird that so many school-related shootings are happening virtually right on top of each other. Just the other day we had the Colorado incident, today we've got two schools in Nevada on lockdown because some guy is running around with an AK, and of course this PA incident.

One thing's for sure...we're going to see some serious gun control starting 2008.

You just answered your own question.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar
I feel that the recent out pouring of school shootings is just a little trick of media minuplation by the media it self.

Kinda like the summer of the shark attacks a few years ago?

They happen all the time but the media decided to talk about it for a change?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I think you hit the nail right square on the head. Since Columbine the schools have been trying to inform people that school violence is actually declining. Good news does not sell and it is most certainly being manipulated for the desired effects. If you are scared you are far more likely to view the news more often. The news networks have plenty to gain by keeping us scared.

I think there is also a lot of truth in placing some blame on violent television programs and games. Except in that case most of the blame rests on the parents heads. People who let their children watch violent programs or play violent games are child abusers. Children are not ready for much of what is aired on television these days. The Internet and music are two things that parents should be controlling also. There are things on this site for instance that are way beyond a child's ability to deal with. Children don't have the ability to filter out the garbage from the truth and can be easily manipulated by bad people. Imagine what it would do to a child's mind reading through ATS if they believed everything written here!!! Anyone who is not controlling what is being viewed, played or listened to by their children should be neutered IMHO.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think it's too easy answer to blame things on "society today". Butchery has occurred throughout human history. We just didn't have it on 24 hour cable. I'm not saying people aren't exposed to more violence, I'm just not convinced that "evil modern society" is what is making this escalate. I'm so sick of hearing about weak morality when these issue arise. These problems of instability, possible mind control and huge violent attacks are issues far beyond morality. I think mind control is a very interesting angle where these things are concerned and where they happen together in a cluster. Patterns are patterns. Individual mental instability may be triggered in pattern form due to media exposure but I still wonder if there isn't another mind-control element beneath it.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
One other comment, it is possible that the statistics in the 1979 to 1989 or whatever time frame weren't as accurate because everything wasn't as networked. Also, in smaller communities, before the internet a lot of things were just swept under the rug. Heck a lot of human history has been swept under the rug that doesn't have anything to do with these kind of executions. I wouldn't rule the pre-Internet statistics as 100% accurate, or the post-Internet statistics for that matter.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
G'day all,

These sad and unfortunate incidents of shootings at US schools is I'm sad to tell you, a government agenda that WILL result in tighter gun controls. As we have seen here in Australia, we had one madman go on a shooting spree at Port Arthur in Tasmania -

home.overflow.net.au...

That happened in 1996, and although the SOG(special Operations Group) SWAT equivalent, had the opportunity to take him out earlier and were denied the opportunity by their superior, only goes to show that those higher up wanted it to continue and go on to suit their ulterior motive - that of gun control.

Since then, all our semi-automatic rifles and pump action shot-guns were taken off us in the Gun Buy Back Amnesty

www.guncontrol.org.au...

After this event, there was another shooting, this time at Monash University in Melbourne in 2002.

www.abc.net.au...

This time, handgun laws were in the spot light.

Even though Shooting organisations such as the SSAA (Sporting Shooters Association of Australia) told the government that a gun buy back would not stop crimes being committed and when they were they were not from the law abiding citizens with registered firearms but those criminals with unregistered black market items.

www.ssaa.org.au...

So these school shooting in the US, I can pretty much tell you Yanks now that in the next year there will be a few more and the media will wip it up to a large fervour to the poiint where congress will be debating tightening gun laws and removing many from their law abiding citizens.

As the saying goes " When you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns"

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Kinda like the summer of the shark attacks a few years ago?

They happen all the time but the media decided to talk about it for a change?

Exactly what I was trying to say perfect example.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think most of these events are being caused by covert activity. Brainwashing is the most logical answer. I looked at HAARP today and sure enough, a huge spike at around midnight UTM. I'm not certain if that has anything to do with it but I am leaning toward some sort of program initiated by government agencies. Now, the big question. Why?

Well, several reasons come to mind. Testing techniques before development of an expensive program that might not work. What better way to test than have a killer kill the least likely target a person would. I mean, if anyone were going to resist murder, it would be the murder of an infant or younger female. Now,in this case we see they are able to have him separate by gender,religion and likely age group.

Second, the effort to disarm the American public has been on the front burner for years. Its the only defense that the government and the powers that be fear. They know they cannot take weapons from us so the most logical route is to have us call for our own disarming, is it not?... and many of us have jumped right on board with it. Several instances like this have been springboards for this operation including the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan, done to show conservatives that their second amendment rights can also hurt them.

The idea that I connot comprehend is that if there is so much mis-trust of this administration, why would we want to reliquish the only true avenue we have to re-take our country should his true aim begin to be realized? It does not compute.

So, they take a few average joes with a few mental problems maybe by targeting them with tell tell website visits, program them into killers and send them out to scare the crap out of us so that we'll ban firearms.

For many of us, the idea of even imagining what went on in that school would shut our emotions into overload, I know it does mine. I always have been a strong person, cold, calculating, and fierce. But, even I cannot handle what happened there today. I just can't and I can't make myself believe that anyone who could at all function in society could do such a thing without outside influence.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
These events have happened since time immemorial. The change is in the availability of up to the minute global news at the touch of a button. It's a damn shame when you get someone reviewing the damage a repressed member of our bloodthirsty race can wreak, and screaming "conspiracy".

Hello, we are the human race, we are animals, our history is awash with the blood of senseless murder victims.

Homeless people, students, easily influenced, could be programmed to perpetrate such atrocities...how, i dont know

It's babbling such as the above that really gives people like us a bad name. Not only is it extremely disrespectful to the families of three dead girls, it also straight up makes zero sense.

Why would they do this? Tighter control? On what? What power don't they have that they want right now? How could this be brought about by the deaths of random schoolchildren? I don't see anything. We're wage slaves from the cradle to the grave. WTF is brainwashing homeless people and disaffected students going to achieve? What do you think it is? The Illuminati using their brainwash-o-matic to create themselves a little light entertainment?

There are enough real conspiracies designed to keep we teh people in check, without having to invent a new one each time a milk-truck driver decides he's had enough of this pointless existence, and go out with a "bang".

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Astrocreep- Thanks for articulating everything i feel but was unable to say.

As i tried to say in the beginning of this thread, it appears to be some kind of program where the homeless and people without family would be ideal to manipulate and be made to commit such crimes. This exists, people, whether you think it does or not.

I could see a troubled kid opening fire on his own school, but when you now have older people without motives, it gives you something to think about. I just dont buy it.

There is something more to this.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I could see a troubled kid opening fire on his own school, but when you now have older people without motives

Identified as Charles Carl Roberts, the shooter had left a rambling suicide note and letter to his wife and children referring to an event 20 years ago for which he sought revenge, police said, declining to give any more details.

Source.

No motive?

It seems you're not even looking closely enough to see what is staring you in the face.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
An event....20 years ago???

Bahh!!!!

I dont buy it, not for one minute. Nor do i buy the one the other day who killed the girl, after he molested her.

nope

A note left behind does not mean a thing- he could have been made to write it.
How can you discount this so fast?
Where is your logic?

[edit on 2-10-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I just finished watching CNN and they just reported another school has gone into lockdown in a Las Vegas. Seems there was a teenager spotted holding a gun, who ran away when he was confronted by school police.

Story link:
www.cnn.com...

The article does not go into as much detail as the TV report, but they stated that the teenager was possibly an expelled student. Think this have been another possible attack?

This could possibly be the initial step into advocating making an amendment at banning guns. Doing so would give the government no resistance if they ever tried to enact a police state.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMP
No gun control agenda stuff out of me. I personally believe these stories are meant to be a distraction from stories like E-Mails Force Rep. Mark Foley R-Fla. to Resign. We can't have our elected officials overly scrutinized for this kind of thing. When people start investigating corruption and criminal activity at the top so begins the misdirection and damage control.

You serious? 7 kids are dead because the US cant get by without everyone being allowed to own guns and you spout this BS! If madmen cant get hold of a gun then they wont shoot up children. #ing cowards!

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
By the same token, "they" could be singling out lonely students, not very popular, etc to brainwash and do their bidding.

Who's to tell???

FF- No- this is nothing like 5 weeks of babies drowning followed by 5 consecutive plane crashes- followed by 5 shark attacks. Nice try.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join