It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New version of vista, 5728 32bit out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
M$ just released Vista 5728 32 bit os.

This is an update from the RC1 5600 version.

Vista version 5728.

[edit on 9/25/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It seems that this version of Vista may be very buggy.

M$ is recommending not installing or uninstalling it.

I downloaded it, but did not have a chance to load the OS.

Build 5728 didn't want to work and after a few hours of upgrading from my existing RC1 build 5600 I just kept seeing the good old BSOD - Blue Screen of Death.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source

If anyone has tried it, please post your results-good points and any failures.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well that's too bad, I hope the problem gets fixed fast!

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I made the download but I did not installed it, as I am happy with build 5600, first I wanted to see what were the changes.

Now I will wait a little more, maybe in the next few weeks we have another build.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Yesterday I made the upgrade from build 5600 to 5728, it took a little over 2 hours to upgrade, but everything is working as it should.

This time it installed the drivers for my motherboard's RAID controller.

Edit: I forgot to add that now the 64bit version is available too.

I also forgot to say that AVG does not work with this build.

[edit on 30/9/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I didn't find any problem with this new build, and, as I am one those people that do not like the startup sound, the fact that I can disable it is a welcome addition.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I just had my first BSOD on Vista.

I noticed that Virtual Clone Drive didn't looked like it was working, so I installed it again. At the moment the installation was finished and the driver was supposed to be loaded, the Blue Screen appeared.

After that, the computer restarted to another BSOD, and it I had to use the "Last known good configuration" option.

Everything looks fine now.

Edit: I retried the installation and the result was exactly the same, a BSOD.

I don't know if this because of this build (AVG also does not work anymore) or because of the fact that this build installed the driver for my motherboard's RAID.

[edit on 1/10/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Seems there may be some potential "issues of use" with Vista. One copy per one unique machine UUID seems to be the dealio-so-far - quite unlike XP. Maybe they want more... oh I don't know - money? Ka-ching! Heh, heh. Ed Bott has an article that explains the nuances of use as he sees them so far at this link: blogs.zdnet.com...

Victor K.

41'

[edit on 13-10-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I am interested in upgrading from xp to vista, as I like the layout on the computer screen. Also, it keeps all your shortcuts neat and tidy saving space on your computer. When is it available to the general public?

Is it difficult to load up on a new computer?

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Check that the hardware and your apps are Vista Compatible or Vista Approved... all the big box stores well sell you something that "should" run Vista. I put a link at the end of this... check it out. I think they are up to 250 or so apps/hardware at the "approved" level. It sure ain't XP... BTW: XP SP-1 support stops 2day.

Yup, the Aero-glass is sweet. Had a problem on one machine where it when rotated it winked out... no probs so far with the RC-2... but we only have it on one box so far. Big hassles comin' tho'... 3rd party software will be a nag for a while.
It is big... and massively rersource hungry.

Quite likely the most complicated OS in human history... long way from DOS. I like the type and open apps feature... it is still a little slow... and for biz there's all sorts of troubles in running crypto stuff - needs a better file system... defrag still sucks. Control Panel is well done. Too many services.

If you are going to buy a computer it would make good sense to opt for "Vista Approved" as opposed to "Compatible'. Much of what's coming from MicrSmurf is "Live" related... not my "cup of tea".... yet.

Forbes link: Vista on time here - www.forbes.com...

MS Technet Vista link: www.microsoft.com...

Software Compatibility link: www.microsoft.com...

Hardware Compatibility link:
www.microsoft.com...

There will be different "levels " of the OS and choice is important and quite frankly - over complicated... for now. Platinm is the safe bet but pricey and single use UUID licencing. Not like XP. Bummer.

Victor K.

41'

[edit on 13-10-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here you can find a list of software allready tested and if it works or not.

But in this list they that AVG free works but it doesn't, at least in my case it stopped working after the RC1.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Why is this said to be the newest build when there is a build already out there at 5744?

Edit: Added RC 2 Release link below:
Windows Vista RC2 available
www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-10-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
Why is this said to be the newest build when there is a build already out there at 5744?

Because it was when this was posted.

If you look at the first post, it says "25/9/2006". At the time, this was the newest version.

new topics

top topics

join