It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a Photo of Jesus Christ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
when the photo was posted at the beginning of this thread I recognized it as a work of art I had possibly seen before and have in my collection. So I loaded a DVD disk filled with pictures and then realized I had far too many to search through. However I looked through one or two folders and noticed a black and white drawing which was obviously made by the same hand. I have studied art all my life and am well able to recognize each artists personal style. So I posted the picture here to show everyone the similarity. It obviously is in a slightly different pose to the miracle photo but that wasn't important at all.

But now it is important. Because as it turned out 'the picture I found is on the websites right next to the miracle photo and is also claimed to be a miracle photo. There's a description of how the image turned up on a photograph even though no one saw Jesus at the time. So how can two slightly different works by the same artist turn up in such strange circumstances. It's certain the Anna Ali photo is almost identical to the painting that was circulating earlier, but that painting is also claimed to be something that came about under miraculous circumstances.

So there is more than just a case of a photo being seemingly identical to an earlier painting. There is also an obvious case of another work by the same artist also turning up via miracle photograph.

So either the church has the artist or his works in their midst and are using them to spread their religion, or other forces are at work and can imprint images whenever and wherever they want.

We have seen images of The Virgin appearing everywhere. We must admit that images can appear by miracle or else we are in denial. Most all the images look the same do they not. So finding similarities with an earlier work of art does not prove there is fraud taking place.

I am apt to believe that Anna Ali told the truth, seeing as another work by the same artist turned up via miracle photo also

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:
Okay SkyWay, why would Jesusm just coincidentally, be resurected to look excatly like he did in thousands of pictures painted before the resurection.

He doesn't look exactly like the thousands of pictures painted before. There may be similarities, but SOME similarities can't be avoided. After all, there are similarities between all men. What do you guys want Jesus to look like? Would it have made you happier if he'd appeared bald? How different does He have to look? Be reasonable.

Also, I may have missed it in previous posts, but why is it that he all of a sudden contradicts the bible on many points, and only tells this one nun about it?

Could you be a little more specific? Exactly where does Jesus contradict the Bible?

And isn't he supposed to resurect after revelations comes to pass?

You're thinking of His return in glory. That will occur after the prophecies in the book of Revelation have been fulfilled. But His resurrection from death occurred 3 days after He was crucified. This in the Bible.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
when the photo was posted at the beginning of this thread I recognized it as a work of art I had possibly seen before and have in my collection. So I loaded a DVD disk filled with pictures and then realized I had far too many to search through. However I looked through one or two folders and noticed a black and white drawing which was obviously made by the same hand. I have studied art all my life and am well able to recognize each artists personal style. So I posted the picture here to show everyone the similarity. It obviously is in a slightly different pose to the miracle photo but that wasn't important at all.

But now it is important. Because as it turned out 'the picture I found is on the websites right next to the miracle photo and is also claimed to be a miracle photo. There's a description of how the image turned up on a photograph even though no one saw Jesus at the time. So how can two slightly different works by the same artist turn up in such strange circumstances. It's certain the Anna Ali photo is almost identical to the painting that was circulating earlier, but that painting is also claimed to be something that came about under miraculous circumstances.

So there is more than just a case of a photo being seemingly identical to an earlier painting. There is also an obvious case of another work by the same artist also turning up via miracle photograph.

So either the church has the artist or his works in their midst and are using them to spread their religion, or other forces are at work and can imprint images whenever and wherever they want.

We have seen images of The Virgin appearing everywhere. We must admit that images can appear by miracle or else we are in denial. Most all the images look the same do they not. So finding similarities with an earlier work of art does not prove there is fraud taking place.

I am apt to believe that Anna Ali told the truth, seeing as another work by the same artist turned up via miracle photo also

You make some good points here. When something is true and witnessed by more than one person there will be strong similarities in what the witnesses report. If 10 or 20 more images similar to the photo of Jesus were reported, it would be what we would expect if they were all genuinely experiencing an encounter with the same person. Just as would happen if 10 or 20 people met any living person.

Thanks for some of the lovely artwork you've been posting. Those paintings are an enjoyable change from some of the bizzare avatars.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
hey i recognize that guy

he use to buy me beer and smoked marely spliffs.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
You're right Lys, and I'm pretty sure his name IS Jesus. Jesus Rodriguez if I'm not mistaken. Pretty cool guy, but unless Jesus Christ had gang tats, and a tech 9 that he likes to show off at parties, I doubt it's the same guy.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Jesus isnt coming back so forget it. The 2 beasts shall destroy the world and hell is waiting for you.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I used a little color and lens flare effects and presto, a photo of Jesus!!

[edit on 9/26/2006 by Jeddyhi]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeddyhi
I used a little color and lens flare effects and presto, a photo of Jesus!!

[edit on 9/26/2006 by Jeddyhi]

The more I look at the picture you submitted and the photo of Jesus by Sister Anna, the more DIFFERENT they appear from one another.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

[edit on 9/22/2006 by Jeddyhi]

Naahhh. These are not the same image. The faces as a whole are very different. There is a different cast and "feel" to the eyes. The shadows around the eyes and along the right side are very different. Not the same at all.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Double post edited out

[edit on 26-9-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Magnification of Rose Petal with miraculous image of Jesus

The story behind the rose petal picture, was a group of Philippine Catholics were somehow chosen to have the visionary Carmello from the Philippines, come to a Marian Movement of Priests prayer meeting in Salinas CA.
The hostess had prepared food for 20 and 40 showed up, coming all the way from SF and other cities. Carmello had taken some roses from the vase and asked everyone to form a circle and place the petals on the inside the collar of their shirts. Carmello lead the group in prayer for about 1/2 hour. At the end of the prayers, he asked everyone take from their collar the petal he had given them. He said everyone had an image that was special for them and was a gift from Our Lady. So everyone witnessed this miracle with the rose petals and also that even though there was only food prepared for 20, all 40 ate their fill and there was still food left over.

visionsofjesuschrist.com

I searched google for 'images of Jesus appearing' and on one site I found this amazing Rose Petal with The Baby Jesus on it! How could anyone fake that? It's astounding. I couldn't link to the actual page but you'll find it on the left column of the site I linked to about half way down the list of miraculous things

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
probedbygrays,

That image of the infant Jesus on the rose petal is absolutely beautiful! It is a work of art wrought by a supernatural artist. What a wonderful message it sends to us to have such a beautiful image set on a petal of such a beautiful flower -- the rose -- both signify love.

I remember reading somewhere about an event that occurred in the Phillipines during an apparition of the Blessed Virgin during which rose petals fell out of the sky, and each petal had a beautiful holy image on it such as the Blessed Virgin with the Christ child and images of saints with haloes aroud their heads and there was also one of Jesus on the cross. These were the only ones that had been photographed and available to see but there had been many rose petals with similar holy images which were not photographed.

There are many such supernatural events taking place all over thee world today -- in the present -- and which have been happening for quite some time. They just are not reported most of the time by the mainstream media. Astonishing miracles are happening in our present age which many people are unaware of.

Thanks for bringing such beautiful imagery to this thread!

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Amazing art true, but no evidence it's devinely created. What would happen if

You took a dried rose petal and mostened specific parts of it to create an image?

What if you dried different portions of a rose petal at different rates?

what if you dyed a light rose petal with a dark dye to create a shade effect?

Just becaus esomething looks cool doesn't mean it's devine. Maybe devinely inspired, but not done with the direct hand of God.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Amazing art true, but no evidence it's devinely created. What would happen if

You took a dried rose petal and mostened specific parts of it to create an image?

What if you dried different portions of a rose petal at different rates?

what if you dyed a light rose petal with a dark dye to create a shade effect?

Just becaus esomething looks cool doesn't mean it's devine. Maybe devinely inspired, but not done with the direct hand of God.

The methods you listed above would probably result in a very limp and disintegrating rose petal. Just try it. Furthermore, using the methods you described, it would be virtually impossible to creates such a finely detailed and shaded picture on such a delicate and small thing like a rose petal.

It is very good evidence of supernatural involvement because human beings can't do it. If they try they will have nothing but a demolished flower petal in their hands. Not only is the process beyond human capability but it also requires artistic genius to create the original beautiful artwork that appears on the petal. It would be difficult enough to put such artwork on a regular canvas....nearly impossible on a little flower petal that is easily damaged.

Besides, these petals are miraculously worked to display the images. As probedbygrays described in his post above, people are given blank rose petals on which, a short time later, the holy renderings appear.

Yes, indeed, the supernatural is very active in this world of ours but many people are afraid to admit it.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
Magnification of Rose Petal with miraculous image of Jesus
[
How do you know thats not as picture of you or me? Thats why religious people are so gullible.

They see a face in anything and think its jesus or god and wont accept it can be anything else just as this fool cannot think for himself. His blind faith overrides. any common sense.

Its funny that the thread is posted as a question yet his mind is already made up and yet he makes himself look daft as he digs himself deeper and deeper because he cannot admit he is wrong, no matter what.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
How do you know thats not as picture of you or me? Thats why religious people are so gullible.

Maybe if you took the time to look into the matter you wouldn't need to ask such a redundant question.

They see a face in anything and think its jesus or god and wont accept it can be anything else just as this fool cannot think for himself. His blind faith overrides. any common sense.

You are making yourself look silly by making that comment on a thread where I have REPEATEDLY rejected other images as being the same as the image on the photo taken by Sister Anna. It should be obvious to everyone who has read this thread that I DO NOT accept any face as being the face of Jesus as you so absurdly claim.

Its funny that the thread is posted as a question yet his mind is already made up and yet he makes himself look daft as he digs himself deeper and deeper because he cannot admit he is wrong, no matter what.

This thread is posted as a question because I leave it to everyone who reads it and looks at the photo of Jesus to decide for themselves if they accept the photo as real. I can admit when I'm wrong, but I won't do that when I am right! And I can also see when others are wrong and refuse to accept their wrong views. Which is why I totally reject your defective views.

[edit on 27-9-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hi, I've been rading ATS for a while now and only decided to join because of this thread.

First let me state that I'm a Bible believing Christian.

Now, I don't believe this is a picture of Jesus. There's no physical description of him in the Bible and no pictures from that time either. Why? Because if we had a picture then we'd worship that, and don't the 10 commandments say 'don't worship any image' (paraphrased)? Also why would he appear to just a nun? Why not one of the world leaders (like Bush or Blair) who are christian and are in more of a position to change things?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
You are making yourself look silly by making that comment on a thread where I have REPEATEDLY rejected other images as being the same as the image on the photo taken by Sister Anna. It should be obvious to everyone who has read this thread that I DO NOT accept any face as being the face of Jesus as you so absurdly claim.
Youve repeatedly rejected it but everyone else can see it. I was pointing out your belief is as daft as the other believings that image is jesus.

This thread is posted as a question because I leave it to everyone who reads it and looks at the photo of Jesus to decide for themselves if they accept the photo as real. I can admit when I'm wrong, but I won't do that when I am right! And I can also see when others are wrong and refuse to accept their wrong views. Which is why I totally reject your defective views.
[edit on 27-9-2006 by SkyWay]

Everyone disagrees with you, that should be an indication that your wrong, a virtually identical image that was around earlier has been posted. All evidence points to you being wrong and not one single shred of evidence points to you being right.

You say its jesus, its up to you to prove it is. I could say it was myself and Id have exactly the same amount of evidence as you have produced. How can you say its jesus when you don't even know what he looks like. Its laughable.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimboman
Hi, I've been rading ATS for a while now and only decided to join because of this thread.

Welcome aboard jimboman! This forum is an adventure through some of the most mysterious subjects anywhere.

First let me state that I'm a Bible believing Christian.

I'm very glad to know that you are a Christian. This is the time of decision....to believe or not to believe. Time is getting short.

Now, I don't believe this is a picture of Jesus. There's no physical description of him in the Bible and no pictures from that time either. Why? Because if we had a picture then we'd worship that, and don't the 10 commandments say 'don't worship any image' (paraphrased)? Also why would he appear to just a nun? Why not one of the world leaders (like Bush or Blair) who are christian and are in more of a position to change things?

We are all free to choose what we will believe or not believe. The IMPORTANT thing is that we both accept Jesus Christ as our Saviour. On other points it is a matter of exercising our best discernment and making decisions whether other things are of God or not.

I accept the photo as a gift from Jesus to increase the abundance of blessings which He has already bestowed on us. But I do not worship it nor any physical object, I worship only the One whom it represents.

You ask why would Jesus appear to a nun instead of one of the world leaders. The reason is in the Bible where it is written that God is not a respecter of persons. The Lord is not impressed with worldly titles....He judges the heart.

Great to know another Christian! God bless!

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I have REPEATEDLY rejected other images as being the same as the image on the photo taken by Sister Anna. It should be obvious to everyone who has read this thread that I DO NOT accept any face as being the face of Jesus as you so absurdly claim.

Yet, of this whole thread - you are the only one not seeing it ........... it's quite obvious to everyone who has read this thread that you just don't want to.

Misfit

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join