It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a Photo of Jesus Christ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
There we go, there's proof its just a copy of a painting, it looks like a bad photocopy to me.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I can't say either way whether this image is legit. But I'm certainly not going to come on here and outright dismiss it, like so many others have, without having all of the details surrounding the origin of this photo. All that I've been able to gather so far is that a nun who has had many visions of Christ apparantly took the photo during one of her visions. A member mentioned that her visions were investigated and declared a miracle by the church. As corrupt as some parts of the church may be, I do know that they have very high standards when it comes to these types of things.

That being said, I did experience a strange feeling when viewing it for the first time. Something told me "this is him." I can't say whether that voice in my head is divinely-inspired or if its due to some bad Beefaroni that I just ate. But I think its not only wrong, but actually despicable, for some to not only outrightly dismiss this picture without all the evidence, but to go even further and mock Christianity and those who follow it.

Your level-headed approach is the best way to approach things that are of an extraordinary nature. These are things which call for very careful scrutiny and discernment rather than knee-jerk reactions. When something is attested to involve interaction with the very ultimate sphere of existence and deepest mystery of life -- the Creator -- the least that any man can do is take some time to seriously examine the matter.

I suspect that some people are afraid of what they may discover, and so quickly turn away and try to put such things out of mind. Others have just been brainwashed by the materialistic age we live in and believe only in the things that they experience at the material level. This is very sad because it diminishes their experience of life. They deny themselves wonderful things which are enjoyed only by those who are willing to look and search beyond the superficial.

Seek and find.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeddyhi
I found a drawing of Jesus on the web and it looks like it was the basis of this "photo". Contrast and brightness levels were adjusted to give a darker, black and white feel. But I would say after viewing these side by side that the photo is a hoax. I found the image here . Click this to see the parent directory of images, which coincidently contains the original posters image as well.

[edit on 9/22/2006 by Jeddyhi]

You neglected to tell us when the drawing was made. If it was made after the photo then it is probably just a drawing made from looking at the photo. This is a common practice among artists. They will do portraits from photographs of people. I'm pretty sure this drawing came after the photo.

Can't hang around for now. Be back later!

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay

I found a drawing of Jesus on the web and it looks like it was the basis of this "photo".

You neglected to tell us when the drawing was made. If it was made after the photo then it is probably just a drawing made from looking at the photo. This is a common practice among artists. They will do portraits from photographs of people. I'm pretty sure this drawing came after the photo.

I didn't neglect. Perhaps you missed the one post that brought this up.....................

Originally posted by Misfit

This photograph was taken by a nun/seer named Anna Ali in 1987 during an apparition of the Lord.

Indeed they do seem to be identical pictures. The thing is, the nun photo is claimed as 1987, yet the picture just posted by probedbygrays has an apparent date included as 1983.

Hmmm

In referrence to the date pic, probedbygray's is post www.abovetopsecret.com... , immediately after Jeddyhi that you referrence.

Misfit

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

This photograph was taken by a nun/seer named Anna Ali in 1987 during an apparition of the Lord.
Sister Anna continues to have apparitions of Jesus and receives messages from Him. He is appearing to some people all over the world and allowed Himself to be photographed at this time because of the decline of morality and the limited time remaining till the end of this age.

I believe the photo actually IS of the Lord.
It is the human face of the resurrected Jesus of Nazereth.

You don't have to look long to see how the Lord Jesus and George W Bush mirror each other....

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Can't hang around for now. Be back later!

If you look at the drawing I found, regardless of the date of it, it is identical to your "photo". Lay one on top of the other and its a perfect match. If your image was a "photo" of Jesus, why would someone want to make it a drawing? Kind of defeats the purpose of having a miracle photograph doesn't it. I think it is much more plausible and reasonable that someone took the drawing and tried to hoax a photo, and a poor one at that. An early poster in this thread commented on the brush strokes visible in the hair of your image. This would be evidence of image manipulation in a program like photoshop.

Here is what a photo of Jesus would look like, being as a supreme, divine entity like Jesus would have no problems causing the perfect miracle and image to appear on film.

[edit on 9/23/2006 by Jeddyhi]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Skyway,

You chastise others for not believing this to be true, you correct them for being so quick to discount it yet you will avoid all evidence that points to this being nothing more than a artist drawing. You will make up some excuse that the "evidence" against it is tainted, incorrect or that the drawing MUST of come from the real picture.

In other words, your presupposition is that this MUST be the real picture of Jesus, you WANT it to be real so any and all evidence that demonstrates otherwise must then be false or misconstrued. For why would a nun lie?

God gave us His word and in that word God tells mankind very clearly that his morals are always in the toilet. Has mankind listened to those warnings and changed? NO! Yet a poloroid of Jesus will? In this case a picture is NOT worth a thousand words.

Think

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I can't hold my tongue again. This is the third time, that I've caught, mention of the validity of the nun.

To that, I offer this ...........

Q:

Originally posted by UnrealZA

For why would a nun lie?

A:

Why would a priest rape?

Note: UnrealZA - I do see your stance, just using your referrence as a spring board.

Misfit

Edit: Children, can you say "Vesere Lysdexia"?

[edit on 23/9/06 by Misfit]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I believe the photo actually IS of the Lord.

having not yet known yourself, or your first truth .. ... ..
perhaps you should know yourself first, be your judge before anyone else, and let the soul inside you be that judge. hold yourself to your own accord and be not afraid. then when you know yourself do not look at this photo, but look at a photo of yourself after you know yourself, small one.

"i am in all things, great and small"

"that which you do to the least of mine, is what you do unto me"

It is the human face of the resurrected Jesus of Nazereth.

nazereth?

nazereth?

"i am the alpha and omega"

if when you looked in the alpha you found you are in LOVE, then replace the "n" in the alpha of "nazereth" and replace it with the "L" in the alpha of "LOVE".

nazereth?

"no". LAZERETH!!!!!!!

awaken your soul.

"i am the word".

and if the omega spoke, what would it say?

"lazereth, i am here, and i am the omega. since you looked inwards and judged yourself as being in "hell" instead of "heaven", here, hear, here, take my "h" from my alpha of "hell" and replace it with your alpha of "heaven". nothing changes except you awake:

lazereth? your last "h" is no longer "hell's "h", it is "heaven's "H"".

LazeretH [mirror "Of eye you choose, aka, Ophiuchus"] The rez all, the reason all, the resolve all, the resolve for reason is all.

just some thoughts, just some words. if they are not compatible with your truth, then disregard them. but if you find truth in these words, and i have not lied to you, please, i beg you: be not afraid.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The only way to prove the photo is a copy of the sketch is to find the date of the sketch. It looks like a fairly old work. It just doesn't look like a photo of a person, it looks like a photo of a 2d painting or drawing. However pictures of Jesus are like the Flag and we give them great respect.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

At 01:35 PM 8/25/96 +6, MR ANTHONY E VALLE wrote:
>I posted a message on APAR-L asking if anyone knew the year in which Sr.
>Anna Ali photographed Christ. I received 2 reponses..both being August of
>
>The reason I made this query is because my wife, Louise, received in 1973
>from Maryknoll Bishop Lane, an exact duplicate of the photograph shown on
>the Web. The point is that if Sr. Ali took the photograph prior to 1973, it
>could be considered genuine, but if she took it in August of 1987, it has
>to be considered spurious.

Just curious but could he not have appeared twice?
source

I just found the above words after a two minute search.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Here is some info on the drawing from the same site I where I found the image.

[edit on 9/23/2006 by Jeddyhi]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Here is some info on the drawing from the same site I where I found the image.

Well, aside from the fact that I was first in finding and posting that photo (see page 2 of this thread
), I'd say you've settled the question on whether Sister Anna Ali took that "photo" of Jesus. If the Catholic Church deemed that a miracle then they're turning into Dan Rather.

Good sleuthing, Jeddyhi.

[edit on 23-9-2006 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
this page shows the photo and the similar drawing, and right below them is the picture I claimed was made by the same hand. I can't understand French however?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
I can't understand French however?

Try this, for that page ...........

Translated

Misfit

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I had a dream that Moses came to me, and told me that if this image

Was in everyone's home, they would groove for eternity.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
I can't understand French however?

Try this, for that page ...........

Translated

Misfit

my God!! So the picture I claimed was made by the same hand was actually a face of Jesus that miraculously appeared in a photo as well!! Well I'm fully stoked. So they were possibly both made by the same hand after all. God's hand

I just had that picture in amongst thousands of others and had no info about it, but it stood out straight away as being very similar.

[edit on 23-9-2006 by probedbygrays]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
is this a photo of jesus?

NO , jesus died 2000 years ago and the first photograph was made in 180 years ago so you tell me, is this a photo of jesus?

i didnt think anyone really knew what jesus absolutely looked like anyways.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I found a drawing of Jesus on the web and it looks like it was the basis of this "photo".

I didn't neglect. Perhaps you missed the one post that brought this up.....................

Misfit, I was addressing my comment to Jeddyhi when I said that the date of the drawing had been neglected.

Indeed they do seem to be identical pictures. The thing is, the nun photo is claimed as 1987, yet the picture just posted by probedbygrays has an apparent date included as 1983.

Hmmm

In referrence to the date pic, probedbygray's is post www.abovetopsecret.com... , immediately after Jeddyhi that you referrence.

Misfit

The picture that probedbygray compared to the photo did have the date when it was made but it does not look like the image of Jesus in the photo. The two are quite different. The picture posted by probed has blue eyes instead of dark eyes such as in the photo that I posted, and the probed's picture has rather light coloring to his hair but the photo of Jesus has very dark hair. The features are also different.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnrealZA
So Jesus appears to this nun "because of declining morality" within the world. He then says...."Here, grab your Kodak...the one with that grainy black and white film, and take my picture. The moral state of the world is horrible. Bye for now"

Jesus gave the Sister Anna much more than a sole photograph. He also gave her messages and prayers in addition His numerous apparitions.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join