It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a Photo of Jesus Christ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It seems two of the main objections are that this photograph of Jesus is not Jewish enough, and that faith should not be based on a picture.

This photo is of the RISEN Jesus. It is very likely that after Christ rose from the dead His features were not exactly as they had been before His resurrection. Since Jesus is the Creator and Saviour of all men His risen appearance reflects characteristics of all men and a bit more. When I look at the photo I see a blend of features of just about every ethnic group, including, but certainly not limited to the Jewish.

But then, I also get an over-all impression of a person who is, in subtle ways, different from all the known nationalities. There is a something "extra" in the over-all appearance. Yes, he resembles a European, but I can't say that I've ever known any European who had quite that cast. This face possesses a slightly better refinement than any ordinary human being. It is, in a sense, like all, and not like any, men. It is the face of God incarnate.

Now, regarding faith....my faith is not founded on this or any material object. My faith is founded on God the Almighty -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Through faith one can learn to recognize and appreciate the blessings which God bestows on us in their various forms.

Sometimes God will bestow healing...othertimes prophecies. Jesus turned water to wine. He fed thousands with a few fishes and a couple of loaves of bread. Do people who accept such blessing put their faith in healings, or prophecies, or fish and bread? Of course not, but they recognize and accept these things through their faith as blessings from God.

So, if God blesses us with a photograph of Himself, and I accept it, does that mean that my faith is based on the picture? No! Of course not. It only means that as a person of faith I can recognize and accept whatever blessings He chooses to bestow on us. I do not impose limits on what manner of miracles and blessings I am willing to accept from the Lord. If He chooses to bestow a likeness of Himself, I will readily accept it with thanksgiving.

Jesus once said that His sheep hear His voice and recognize it. I see His face, and I recognize it.

[edit on 22-9-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Looks like a painting to me. Why is there no background? Why is it all white? Or is that his magical aura?

Don't believe that its real just because of your faith. You need to retain some skepticism. Theres no proof that its real. Don't believe in something just because you want it to be true.
(I'm not referring to Christianity just you believing that thats a picture of Jesus, I don't want to start a religious argument.)

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
This photo is of the RISEN Jesus.

I am quite curious of how you are so adamant that this photo is as you claim. Because it came from a nun? Because, because ........ see, I just don't see how you can believe this, simply by someone in the hierarchy of a religion said so.

Misfit

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Ohhhh......alot of people in this thread are going to burn...

(figure I'd just play it safe...)

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Looks like a painting to me. Why is there no background? Why is it all white? Or is that his magical aura?

Don't believe that its real just because of your faith. You need to retain some skepticism. Theres no proof that its real. Don't believe in something just because you want it to be true.
(I'm not referring to Christianity just you believing that thats a picture of Jesus, I don't want to start a religious argument.)

God works in mysterious ways. You say there is no proof that it is real, but this is about faith. I accept it as true because of the good character of the nun who took the photograph and because it is unique in its photographic qualities.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well thats just you, if faith is all you need than you don't need to be posting it here claiming your religion is truth and that the picture is "definitely real". If your not willing to accept anything else other than what you think, why bother posting it?

[edit on 9/22/2006 by Kacen]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

This photo is of the RISEN Jesus.

I am quite curious of how you are so adamant that this photo is as you claim. Because it came from a nun? Because, because ........ see, I just don't see how you can believe this, simply by someone in the hierarchy of a religion said so.

Misfit

We can't go through rejecting everything that requires a measure of faith and independent decision. Sometimes we a required to use our own best judgement when things of an "uncommon" nature are involved. Few people can help us in matters of the spirit and faith because so few people are spiritual. So, I examine the source and find the nun to be trustworthy, and the photograph to be unlike any I have ever seen. And I know that Jesus can do anything so why would I impose limits on HOW He chooses to bestow His blessings. Do people think the only way that God works is through grand-scale miracles such as stopping the sun or making a river divide in two? That would be a rather undeveloped and pompous concept of the way God operates.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Well thats just you, if faith is all you need than you don't need to be posting it here claiming your religion is truth and that the picture is "definitely real". If your not willing to accept anything else other than what you think, why bother posting it?

It is for the very reasons that you just pointed out that I post this photograph here...because I consider it to be "definitely real"! If anyone had a photo of God which they believed to be real they also would probably want people to see it.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You know...I don't think he looks Asian or African at all...not a bit.

So, the risen Jesus looking a little bit like "all of man" doesn't seem to hold much water with me, at least not in respect to this picture.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

It is for the very reasons that you just pointed out that I post this photograph here...because I consider it to be "definitely real"! If anyone had a photo of God which they believed to be real they also would probably want people to see it.

here's a picture of God I thought was cool

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
You know...I don't think he looks Asian or African at all...not a bit.

I said He looks like a BLEND of all races, not that He resembles any one of them. I have seen many people who were mixtures of various races including black and asian who had features similar to the ones in this photograph of Jesus. His hair certainly suggests a bit of African in it.

Must go for now!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I have seen many people who were mixtures of various races including black and asian who had features similar to the ones in this photograph of Jesus.

I know a lot of Asians and a lot of Blacks and they certainly looks more like Asians and Blacks than this picture does.

His hair certainly suggests a bit of African in it.

Nah....not nearly coarse enough. Too wavy and floppy. I don't see any African in his hair at all.

Sorry, I just don't see the many races thing in respect to this particular picture.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I can't say either way whether this image is legit. But I'm certainly not going to come on here and outright dismiss it, like so many others have, without having all of the details surrounding the origin of this photo. All that I've been able to gather so far is that a nun who has had many visions of Christ apparantly took the photo during one of her visions. A member mentioned that her visions were investigated and declared a miracle by the church. As corrupt as some parts of the church may be, I do know that they have very high standards when it comes to these types of things.

That being said, I did experience a strange feeling when viewing it for the first time. Something told me "this is him." I can't say whether that voice in my head is divinely-inspired or if its due to some bad Beefaroni that I just ate. But I think its not only wrong, but actually despicable, for some to not only outrightly dismiss this picture without all the evidence, but to go even further and mock Christianity and those who follow it.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
With all due respect, this is a matter of faith.
Although it could be seen as paranormal activity, I'm betting that most Christians would prefer it be considered a matter of faith.

Moving to Faith, Spirituality and Theology

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I think its not only wrong, but actually despicable, for some to...outrightly dismiss this picture without all the evidence....

I think quite the opposite. Key words in that sentence "I think," meaning these are my thought and don't nessisarily reflect others on this thread.

At any rate, the taskf lies in the posters hands to prove it true, not for us to prove it false. The fact that the man has been dead for roughly 2000 years, and appeared as a "vision" or whatever, and was by a nun (who one could argue has a conflict of interest here) makes it suspect.

Now, if this was a picture of a man who is currently alive, and was taken by a camera we wouldn't be arguing any of this. However, this deals with the supernatural, of which to this point I don't think anyone has "proven" real. Jesus, appearing before someone (vision or otherwise) is technically supernatural, and should be treated as that. The proof lies with them, not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I found a drawing of Jesus on the web and it looks like it was the basis of this "photo". Contrast and brightness levels were adjusted to give a darker, black and white feel. But I would say after viewing these side by side that the photo is a hoax. I found the image here . Click this to see the parent directory of images, which coincidently contains the original posters image as well.

[edit on 9/22/2006 by Jeddyhi]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
How ridiculous to think this is the Lord Christ Jesus.

People will worship the picture instead of the Lord Himself. Look how people clamor to touch the shroud of Turin or seek in vain for a piece of His cross or the cloth that covered His head while in the tomb. How much more would they seek to worship a photo of Him?

This is why there is no picture of Him.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeddyhi
I found a drawing of Jesus on the web and it looks like it was the basis of this "photo". Contrast and brightness levels were adjusted to give a darker, black and white feel. But I would say after viewing these side by side that the photo is a hoax. I found the image here . Click this to see the parent directory of images, which coincidently contains the original posters image as well.

[edit on 9/22/2006 by Jeddyhi]

yup they are the same I think. The shirt is a dead giveaway. I guess it's possible that the photo was real and an artist made a painting of it. I'm sure the painting below was done by the same hand. Some religious paintings are very lifelike and blissful looking

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

This photograph was taken by a nun/seer named Anna Ali in 1987 during an apparition of the Lord.

Indeed they do seem to be identical pictures. The thing is, the nun photo is claimed as 1987, yet the picture just posted by probedbygrays has an apparent date included as 1983.

Hmmm

Misfit

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
So Jesus appears to this nun "because of declining morality" within the world. He then says...."Here, grab your Kodak...the one with that grainy black and white film, and take my picture. The moral state of the world is horrible. Bye for now"

Again that's ridiculous.

So the world is suppossed to look at this picture and conclude from it...."Hey, it's Jesus....and our morals are in the toilet. Let's make a change!!" Why not appear on Leno or the Today Show if Jesus wanted to let the world know our morals are in the toilet?

Trying to make a case that this is real is absurd.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join