It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a Photo of Jesus Christ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcab
Have you ever heard of photoshop?

This came out way before Photoshop. It was supposedly taken in the late 1980's. I saw it for the first time in the mid 1990s.

While I believe it is entirely possible for a psychic to be able to impress upon film or for a spirit to do so; I DO NOT believe Christ did. The demands and alleged 'promises' attached to this picture tell me it is definately not of heavenly supernatural origin.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
That's funny because I'm not an athiest, but I Nygdan's quote makes perfect sense to me. To believe something because a book told you so is the hight of gullability. Some will say that it's "faith", but to me it seems like the con of the bi-millenia.

To be fair, I will state here and now that I do believe much of the Bible has been tampered with, by the church no less. So, to take it at face value is somewhat naive.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
And because of that tampering and historical re-writes and omissions, how am I to belive that Jesus even existed, let alone was the only pale faced European Jew in all of the Middle East?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There will be many false prophets that come before Him. Pray in Faith and you will know.

I am a Christian who has Faith in God.

Not in a picture
Not in a medal
Not in a charm
Not in a symbol
Not in a religious ritual

There is nothing you can hold on to or keep in your house or put over your door that will insure your Salvation. Accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Savior is the only way. If you truly believe then you won't need a picture. That is why it is called 'Faith'.

This is how I feel about the subject and everyone has the freedom to believe what they wish.

Be Well & God Bless!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
skyway, can't you see the brush strokes ?

its not a picture in any way shape or form

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Oh lord ...
It is absolutely amazing that we can go from discussing an alleged picture of christ to Bush-Bashing within a handful of posts.

BTW - Did ya' know Forsburg is our new Captain? Brashier is now with the Capitals! We LOST to the Pens in our first game. UGH. I know it's pre-season but still .. lost to the Pens????
Of course I do, Im a researcher for a game so I have to keep up to date on all the Flyers and Phantoms deals as well as rating them in about 25 categories.

You can go from any thread to Bush bashing in 5 posts.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
You sound like the typical athiest to me. No matter what my answer...you'd,no doubt, find it unacceptable.

I merely asked how you are able to tell the frauds from teh miracles and if you have any information about the film negatives that this image was captured with. I'd hope that you've got some sort of personal way to tell the difference, and that you've at least looked to see if there is any film, before accepting a jpeg on the internet as real.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Jesus has some big puppy dog eyes. I have an urge to give him a cookie. Would that be wrong?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I believe that it's a rough copy of a photograph, not a painting. See a clearer rendition here:

Here it is embossed in PhotoShop:

Make of it what you will.

[edit on 22-9-2006 by Tuning Spork]

[edit on 22-9-2006 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
lets start with i do not believe in any of the religions out their.
the pic looks like a painting to me not a photo and if a photo its been messed with.

So far the only post worth reading in this thread was by jbondo at least what he says makes sense and i could see someone following that belief system. Its just you get a lot of people that need proof to back up their faith WHY?? if you have faith as jbondo says you do not need a picture to prove anything so why fall for this crap so much. You believe that should be enough right? if not then do you truely believe perhaps not. sorry not trying to bash just the way i see it.

most of the post in this thread were both sides just telling each other they were wrong
in what they believe. I'm ok with people believing what they want just let me believe what i want as well.

sorry that got long winded and i'm no good at putting thoughts down in text
hope that all made sense

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
there is a photo someone took in the astral worlds of two amazing beings. They were obviously 3d and very joyful looking, and the background was colorful and full of variety. This Jesus photo looks like a photo of a painting or sketch. It's the classic Jesus pose and very nice of course but it doesn't prove a thing about religion.

Usually miracles happen at specific times to alter society and my guess is this miracle came about to somehow alter the society in which the nun lived by easing tensions or something.

I believe in Jesus but I think the Dead Sea Scrolls proved he might have lived 500 yrs earlier and was slightly different than the official version created by the church. I was reading a Dead Sea Scroll of Jesus' teachings about how to bring the dead back to life and I thought I'd try it. There was a dead bug which had been lying next to the door for days and I held it in my hand and breathed spirit onto it. It came to life instantly and started walking around. That convinced me that The Dead Sea Scrolls were possibly the real teachings of Jesus.

Religions are mans rationalizations of various forces of nature and supernature and are tainted by mans ignorance of spiritual forces. The main thing is to keep an open fearless faithful mind in a God that can appear in anyway at anytime.

I was watching a Christian channel on cable the other day and a man said he died in hospital and was taken to heaven where he met Jesus. He described Jesus as a young clean shaven man. All the other preachers kind of squirmed a little at this obviously unofficial description of the Christ but they simply smiled and played along. The man said he was dressed in his burial clothes while he was dead but then he came back to life. I missed most of the story. But it goes to show that someone saw Jesus as a different looking person and was open minded enough to still believe he was Jesus.

I think Jesus would need a haircut after 2000 years, or even a shave. Why would he choose to stay looking exactly the same. God appeared as a burning bush and a glowing cloud etc so why should Christ not have the same powers to appear as he chooses. I imagine he chooses to appear as the caucasian longhair because that's how people expect to see him.

If my words offend any Christians then I'm deeply sorry.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well he does look of Jewish descent, and all signs point to yes, this is the end of the world, but do you REALLY believe that is a photo and not a painting?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well,all the info you need is in here.....

Well now, if the photo is supposed to spare those who keep it in their home from the coming chastisements, no one can say it is fake until those coming chastisements arrive. Only then will they know if it delivered on it's promise. But then, it may be too late for those without it. Why take the chance. It's a beautiful photo...certainly much more impressive than those silly hollywood representations...and should be in every Christian home.

A picture of jesus is gonna save you from coming chastisements/the end? It says in the bible itself that the only way to be spared from the apocalypse,(if this is your meaning) is to lead a good life,and follow jesus' teachings. A mere photo isnt going to do anything.

I'd bet everything on the idea that jesus could care less about what we thought he looked like. Even if the pic is real.....so what. He's stated he will make himself known to all the world when he the time is right and a picture isnt really a fitting medium to get the world to notice.

In closing,im a christian. My post may seem harsh or offensive,but i mean no direct/individual offense to anyone. Yet i also believe that a lot of the bible has been altered,and many books left out. It's perfectly fine to question things,this is what seperates the sheep from the shephards.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The photo looks so much like the classic Jesus paintings that I thought I'd search through my religious pictures to see if I could find a match. However when I loaded the disc I realized there are thousands of them and it would take forever to look through them all. I did notice this one picture though which appears to be made by the same hand. What do you think?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
hmmmm what if Jesus came back as a toothless old lady dressed in black not white.

What if Jesus used foul language..... after all it is the 21st. century.

Jesus is the soul and who's body will his soul be returned in.

We can speculate and have our theories but as with crop circles, aliens, Jesus, God and so on we will know if and when we are to know.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarmike
Well he does look of Jewish descent, and all signs point to yes, this is the end of the world, but do you REALLY believe that is a photo and not a painting?

How does he look Jewish in the least?

Have you ever seen a Jewish person?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TG
I find it incredible that anyone can believe "Jesus" is the "son of God".

I find it incredible that people do not!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Nah...he looks like a white guy with a beard, a European white guy at that.

If he was really Jesus he's have darker skin, a different nose, and probably better hair.

By the way, when Jesus does come back, he won't be the guy having the press conference annoucing that he's back. I can see it now...

Reporter: Jesus, Jesus...Frank Hernandez, San Diego News 7, what have you been doing while you were gone?

Jesus: Well, Frank...can I call you Frank?

Reporter: Sure! Whatever you want Jesus.

Jesus: Well Frank, I've been watching a lot of people..you know, you little people down here on Earth [crowd chuckles]. I go to the gym a lot, try to stay in shape...that's even important in heaven you know. Other than that...I just sort of wander around, thinking, talking to a few people down on Earth...funny story about that though, the talking to your head thing. It seems, and I didn't know this going in, but it seems as though when I do that, the talk to your head thing, it drives people crazy. Makes them walk around up and down the street corner screaming at people and stuff. Can you believe that?

Anyway...I don't think that's a "picture" of Jesus, no.

[edit on 22-9-2006 by The Big O]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
One question, how in the world does anybody knows what he looks like? Black eyes, blue eyes? Mid- eastern, African? Just to say nay it couldn't be him because.... is wrong.
No one knows.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lorentrook
One question, how in the world does anybody knows what he looks like? Black eyes, blue eyes? Mid- eastern, African? Just to say nay it couldn't be him because.... is wrong.
No one knows.

No...quite true...but, there is such a thing as an educated guess.

I mean...even if no one had made pictures and statues of Confuscious, people would still assume he's of Asian descent because, well, he's from Asia. I certaintly wouldn't think he's a black guy.

Same for Jesus...based on where "he lived" people make an educated guess that he's probably not a "white guy."

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join