It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: NASA tracking object near shuttle!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabanman

Originally posted by DickBinBush

Alright we need to all settle down. UFO can mean anything. UFO has been tied together with aliens for whatever reason. Unidentified Flying Object. it's a flying object..that isnt identified..what about that means aliens? It's probably just a piece of the shuttle...again.

Hey, you're in the aliens and UFO forums. We see anything UFOish and get exited. And I know What UFO means. No need to be schooled on something that is repeated again and again here on ATS. When I talk about UFOs I mean Extraterrestrial ones.

Alright fair enough. Just stating what I think about it.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Undoubtedly a good find!

But relax guys. It's nothing but space debris.
Sorry to spoil the fun.

Hey! Does that sound familiar??

THAT'S WHAT NASA IS GONNA SAY!!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
cool.another evidence.and if they aprove who wont believe.
the ufo was probably examinating the shuttle,maybe searching to see if its armed but it can do so from longer distance right?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
When I walked in I saw it on Fox News and I think what impressed me the most was that they DID call it a UFO. We all know that the stations could have used others words to describe this OBJECT instead they used UFO.

If it is a UFO they probably will do there best to cover it up.

I think it is interesting because this very morning I asked my family from above to come and take away the ones in government that were of greed and not for the people. I know stupid Birthday wish, lol but I am HAPPY that this occured today.

Looks like Bangkok is in the process of being changed. One down.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by observe50]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Here's a question...

WHY would they even mention it if it WAS a UFO? Now that doesn't make sense. If they knew it was another craft, tey would not have brought any media attention to it in the first place.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
When I walked in I saw it on Fox News and I think what impressed me the most was that they DID call it a UFO. We all know that the stations could have used others words to describe this OBJECT instead they used UFO.

If it is a UFO they probably will do there best to cover it up.

I think it is interesting because this very morning I asked my family from above to come and take away the ones in government that were of greed and not for the people. I know stupid Birthday wish, lol but I am HAPPY that this occured today.

OF COURSE ITS A UFO!! If you're claimings it's aliens..say aliens..but a UFO..duh..why does the news have to say it's a ufo before we know it's true? UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT..that does not mean aliens

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
so that means its a UFO,if it was a cover up then it was a experimental aircracft or sometin i dunno

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth
Here's a question...

WHY would they even mention it if it WAS a UFO? Now that doesn't make sense. If they knew it was another craft, tey would not have brought any media attention to it in the first place.

That's right.

There has already been a report of an "unknown object" seen from the ISS just a few day's ago that was not reported in the press.

Earlier in the mission on Sept. 11 2006 at 12:35 pm Central Time ISS CMD Pavel Vinogradov reported to Mission Control , " We have an unknown object... We don't know what it is... if no one knows what it is ... then no one cares. Do you have any questions?"

Mission control answered "No questions."

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
For it to be the size it is in that video, and be an ALIEN CRAFT, it would have to be either really really low in the atmosphere, or really really tiny. Maybe they're midget Greys?

link   

Originally posted by Commander Gogeta
so that means its a UFO,if it was a cover up then it was a experimental aircracft or sometin i dunno

at what point does UFO mean aliens and powered air or space craft? it's unidentified..we don't know what it is..it could be a pencil but until we know it's a pencil..its UNIDENTIFIED..its flying..that doesn't mean its powered..it could be controlled by gravitational pull..it could be orbiting the shuttle..and it's an object..not one of those things points towards aliens..wow I need to get off this thread. It's a little too wacked out for me.

link   
What gets me is that they didn't call it space debris, they
called it a mystery object. They must have known that would
get some people going..

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DickBinBush
OF COURSE ITS A UFO!! If you're claimings it's aliens..say aliens..but a UFO..duh..why does the news have to say it's a ufo before we know it's true? UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT..that does not mean aliens

Whoa...easy, there. No need to flame out.

Observe50 did not say aliens. Also, there is, in my mind as well, a difference between calling something a 'UFO' and calling it 'space debris', which they could have, and maybe, should have done.

my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is about the time id love to slam my head onto somthing

your all missing some kinda point here arnt you?
it cant possibly be from alien origin...the government is NOT THAT STUPID
..i rest my case.
:.Kiliker.:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Probably because until they looked at it more they DIDN'T KNOW it was just debris, or if it was part of the ISS, or part of the shuttle, or what.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Probably a frozen bowel movement ejected into space by accident.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by on_yur_6]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I come back from lunch and have a whole page to read. I wonder how come NASA can say how far away it is, but not be able to give a relative size of the object. I mean if it is the size of a basketball, fine, but if it is more like a 73 pinto I am most interested.

Btw I still beat you by seconds Super70...heh heh heh

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
question... if it's part of the shuttle or debris from the space station, how is it staying in orbit with the shuttle? wouldn't it just fall away and eventually down? What size would it have to be in order for it to stay up and in an orbit and not just enter the atmosphere and burn up?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm wondering if this is the bolt MacLean lost during his spacewalk.

I doubt it would have strayed too far yet.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
can somwebody post a video or something?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Seems that they have now scrubbed the landing, and if you go watch they are showing it on www.space.com . What is most puzzling is that it seems to be ducking into the high alt clouds not so much out in space.

I think they may have just videoed a large classified US aircraft that they should not have seen, or some Centauris are out for a joyride.

Right now, somehwere, some severe damage control is occuring and someone is losing a star...

[edit on 19-9-2006 by esdad71]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join