It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: NASA tracking object near shuttle!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Waiting for it to break into entry and go to the U.N. and pick up a few of the greedy.

Bangkok going into Marshall Law we better keep prepared you never know.

Thats because of the coup attemt lol,not because earth invasion is imminent.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
they could have not mentioned it, put the landing delay to the weather conditions.
but in the light of currently spoted by ATS anomalous official photos, they've decided to bring that piece of space junk to the public attention just to show they aren't really hiding anything.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Shuttle Commander Brent Jett reports;
“It was definitely moving away,” Jett told Virt, adding that the object was fairly small, moving away from Atlantis at a clip of about one to two feet per second at a seemingly constant rate. “I was able to get several shots."

SPACE.COM

I want to see those pictures^^

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

And this posted on the 18th,
ISS goes into emergency mode

NASA shut down ventilation aboard the International Space Station and its astronauts donned surgical gloves and masks after a bad odour alerted them to a chemical leak, the agency said.

“The situation has stabilised and it has been reported back down by the crew that there were never any smoke in the cabin, however there was a smell associated with KOH” (potassium hydroxide),” American ISS manager Mike Suffredini said.

“It's an irritant, it's not a life-threatening material, and at no time did the crew had to put on the gas mask or the oxygen mask.”

I wonder if this has anything to do with the current situation.

No that was caused by an overheating Oxygen Generator.

What I find interesting is the other "unknown object" reported from the ISS last week by CMD Pavel Vinogradov to Mission Control and not another word of that was mentioned by NASA or the Press. Yet today there is clearly "debris" being reported all over the News as a "UFO" near the Shuttle.

In fact it was reported on www.nasaspaceflight.com... that the official statement at NASA was " 02:54:38 NASA S&MA UFO Spotted!! ".

I think they are taking the opportunity to scream "UFO" in order to down play the earlier and unreported "unknown object" that CMD Pavel Vinogradov reported Sept. 11 2006.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
I think size does matter. It has to be of considerable size to be seen so far away. If the shuttle lost something of that size, those astronauts should be most unsettled. I cannot see a bolt being noticed that readily on camera. This is why I am curious.

Yes I agree with respect to them seeing the object, but not with maintaining orbit.

Isn't there a group that monitors everything orbiting the planet? I think there's @ 3000 items, from Ed White's glove to Gene Roddenberry's remains, that are constantly under surveillance by this group so they will be able to keep the shuttle from getting hit.

If this were one of those 3000 pieces of space debris, wouldn't they know it's there already? This has to be something new.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm watching NASA tv and theyre not showing the object now ,Is it still there?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl

I believe, by watching the video feed, that they're on the night-side right now.

How long is it before we have the daylight again?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Here's a reference to what I brought up in my last post;

english.sina.com...

Currently, 9,600 pieces of space debris which are larger than 10 cm are monitored. Only the United States and Russia conduct monitoring all such debris, said Gong Jiancun, a research fellow with the space technology and application center under the Chinese Academy of Sciences.

This has to be a new object if they don't monitor it don't you think? Wouldn't it be great if all of a sudden it wasn't there anymore!

What would NASA say then? They'd have a tough time getting the s**t back into the horse. . .

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
HOLY CRAP... a tiny black spec!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by kuhl

I believe, by watching the video feed, that they're on the night-side right now.

My feeds been frozen and replaced with a photo has everyone got the same?

Its back now

[edit on 19/9/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
removed "UFO".... the title on CNN is now " Mystery object delays shuttle landing"

Why must they always do that!

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Given that they're delaying the landing until Thursday, it's likely a piece of the shuttle. But I hope not.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I too have been watching NASATV and wonder if it is live or a looped recording. It is hard to tell w/o narration. Anybody know? Thanks

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
In answer to Kuhl about the live feed...

Nope, mine's panning all around the shuttle.

They must be looking for that coffee thermos somebody left in the cargo bay.

Just Kidding

~~~~~~~~~~~~
spelling

[edit on 19-9-2006 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Human Space Flight

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
IS/could the object actually be blocking the shuttles reentry path or could the shuttle manouver around it?Please excuse my lack of knowledge lol.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think CNN just reported that NORAD was tracking this thing? Did anyone hear this or am hearing things? If NORAD can track this it has to be bigger than a spare tire? Anyways wouldn't it be funny in a non sick way if this "objected" started to dive bomb the shuttle I wonder how NASA would explain this? Or worse if this thing took out the shuttle? Would they cover it up by saying that it was due to the "object" that broke off and floated into space. NASA could be setting up the ground work for a cover story if something come of it???

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Depends on the radar they're using to track it. There are some missile radars that NORAD uses that will track tiny objects very far away.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

Human Space Flight

Perfect...thanks Sanctum.

looks like we're about to see daylight again

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
They just said they were going to rurun the tape of the object

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join