It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda threat over pope speech

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) -- An al-Qaeda-linked extremist group warned Pope Benedict XVI on Monday that he and the West were "doomed," as protesters returned to the streets across the Muslim world to demand more of an apology from the pontiff for his remarks about Islam and violence.

www.cnn.com...

Being currently reported by CNN online.

Not a surprise that this statement comes from a bunch of murderous cowards that only want/need death and terror.

I demand an apology for the World Trade Center destruction.

I demand an apology for Daniel Pearl

I demand an apology for the USS Cole

I demand an apology for the violence from some little ol' dutch cartoons.

Bet you I don't get it!!

- Beezer

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If I may add some more to your list...

Murdered Dutch artists

The Khobar Towers

The 1998 US Embassy Bombings

The 1st WTC attack

Honor Killings

Genital mutilation

The Paris riots

Murder in the Balkans

Bombs at resorts in Bali

Beheadings of Christian missionaries in the Phillipines

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
=Edited out because it wasn't very nice=

Just makes me a little warm aroud the collar, so i''l step back, take a deep breath, and read about tech and stuff.... Then i'll be all
again

[edit on 18-9-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Aaaaahhh! A hater! You're a hater! Someone get him away from meeeeeee!

I'm proposing a resolution to the UN to make you be kinder, gentler, warmer, and fuzzier.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Great addition hogtie!!

That is a wonderful idea dark knight - all out war is what it should be.

No more bowing down and biting our tongues so we don't insult the poor little muslim murders...enough is enough!!!!!!!

- Beezer

PS I propose a FatDog ( my version of a fatah ) on all that is muslim!

[edit on 18-9-2006 by Mr Beezer]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm surprised it took them that long to respond with a threat.

I don't think anything will come of it. More of a show of strength to incite the Muslim world and maybe convert a few to the 'death & destruction' side.

Hmmmm.... whats the kill possibility of a Papal assault? Not that the Pope would get injured, but how many innocents would they need to make their statement?

ALQ could already be examining the demographics out of some cave somewhere.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Wow Al Qaeda is responsible for all that?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guy Fawkes
Wow Al Qaeda is responsible for all that?

Umm yeah! ( if not Al inept then surely muslims )

Where have you been the last few years? I hope not hiding in a cave and training.

- Beezer

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Mmmmmmm... Pope makes speech including things better left unsaid, knowing the uproar it will likely cause.

Next another unknown terror group linked, as always, to Al CIA-DUH!, issues threats against us unbelieving Infidels in response to the above speech.

Is the next part to be an attack on a high profile Christian icon, thus kicking off the next holy war?

All sounds a bit contrived to me

C'mon, bear with me.... this is a conspiracy site after all

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Beezer
I hope not hiding in a cave and training.

- Beezer

Is that how you deal with people? Accuse them of being terrorists?

All Muslims are not Al Qaeda members or terrorists as you are implying.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I am quite shocked that in those lists in the first few posts that the Madrid and London bombings were not mentioned.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

All Muslims are not Al Qaeda members or terrorists.

Then why do not more muslims denounce terror, killing, kidnapping, murder, beheadings, rape, throat cutting, coward bombing, homicide bombing.

There should be more outcry WITHIN the muslim community AGAINST the tactics of terror their allah sharing brothern use. That would go along way in securing a kinship between muslim and non-muslim peoples.

As it is, since there is NEVER a negative thing said about terror groups BY muslims or muslim leaders it will simply leave the rest of us wondering.....and preparing to protect outselves by any means we must use.

- Beezer

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarlosG
I am quite shocked that in those lists in the first few posts that the Madrid and London bombings were not mentioned.

As am I and I apologize.

You see, just so much murder and terror and cowardly acts perputrated by muslim(s) extremists that one can not remember everything they are responible for.

- Beezer

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here we go again. The effigy shops in the muslim world must be scrambling to make some popes (a free American or Israeli flag with each purchase). It's so ironic, they are rioting (or demonstrating assertively), throwing firebombs at churches, and calling for the destruction of the west and the death of the pope, because the pope quoted somebody who suggested their religion was violent. Way to prove a point for somebody. Not that Christianity was always peaceful though, aren't religions lovely? Everybody should convert to be agnostic and there would be world peace, and if they don't we'll cut their heads off....

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarlosG

Like Mr. Beezer, I apologize as well. It was not intentional, and I in know way meant to minimalize the suffering or loss of those victims and their families.

But notice how that loss of life is not remembered in the media either, when the Muslims are screaming for blood justice over the Pope quoting someone dead many, many moons ago, and the whole point of the speach was to say that violence had no place in religion. Perhaps it was that message that the Muslims really objected to.

So, you are right, CarlosG. During this time of Muslim outrage at the west, where are the ones who cry for justice for those slain by terrorists?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Mr Beezer, cable news doesn’t get ratings by reporting on all the Muslim leaders that denounce terrorism and violence. The fact that you have bolded the word never clearly demonstrates that you have bought into the propaganda.

Muslim leaders have time and time again denounced terrorism and violence but are ignored to further propagate hatred and fear. Time and time again I've seen quotes and links on ATS of Muslim leaders denouncing these acts and are still ignored.

Is Islamic extremism a huge problem? Yes!
But another huge problem is ignorance. This ignorance will lead to another Holocaust and more innocent people will be slaughtered because of the actions of others.

Put the blame on those responsible or you follow the same path as the ignorant people who have burned churches and killed nuns over the Pope’s speech. They, like you, are blaming a whole group for the actions of a few.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Put the blame on those responsible or you follow the same path as the ignorant people who have burned churches and killed nuns over the Pope’s speech. They, like you, are blaming a whole group for the actions of a few.

Oh my friend I have blamed the proper GROUP of people for those acts. They all belong to a VERY violent and outdated religion. I have put blame on the proper people in mind and in daily writings.

An until that group of people, who are responsible for the aformentioned acts, are dealt with properly I shall not rest, nor shall the good people these murderous, corwardice acts are set upon.

- Beezer

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well while you people wag your littler American flags to support the Pope.

I will bring down some reality check.

The pope is the most know leader of the Christian word as recognized by the early church.

When the pope open its mouth people listen, no only the faithful followers but also other nations of the world.

Public figures as the one of the Pope status has to be very careful of what they speak, after all their words will be interpreted in the manner that they are given.

It is not the Pope’s place to get public into the affairs of politics (even if he does behind closes doors) but actually he is a figure that is suppose to preach equality, peace and love among all the people in the world, be muslin, Buddhist, atheist or Christian.

He over step his boundaries as an Emissary of God itself now he been put on the spot.

In a volatile world of today you can not become a public person and free speech about what you want without repercussions.

Specially when is so many opportunist to take advantage of bad speeches.

Wrong timing Mr. Pope.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Here we go again. The effigy shops in the muslim world must be scrambling to make some popes (a free American or Israeli flag with each purchase). It's so ironic, they are rioting (or demonstrating assertively), throwing firebombs at churches, and calling for the destruction of the west and the death of the pope, because the pope quoted somebody who suggested their religion was violent. Way to prove a point for somebody. Not that Christianity was always peaceful though, aren't religions lovely? Everybody should convert to be agnostic and there would be world peace, and if they don't we'll cut their heads off....
Or become Athiest and rape their children, no?

Humanity itself holds evil. High conviction, whether religion or not, coupled with evil intentions leads to major atrocities. Evil intentions on their own work as well, too.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
It is not the Pope’s place to get public into the affairs of politics ... but actually he is a figure that is suppose to preach equality, peace and love among all the people in the world, be muslin, Buddhist, atheist or Christian.

Sorry marg but you contradicted yourself.

You said he shouldn't get into the affairs of politics .. but then you said he is supposed to preach equality and peace. You have to get political to preach about equality and peace.

But don't forget .. he also is supposed to preach justice and truth. What he quoted from his speech was truth. And the Islamic response??? The politician in Turkey said that anyone who says Islamics aren't tolerant is asking for violence.

In other words the muslims are saying - 'we are tolerant and you better believe it or we will kill you.'

They are proving the pope correct. Their actions have proven the quote - taken from centuries ago - to be correct.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join