It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda threat over pope speech

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well while you people wag your littler American flags to support the Pope.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by marg6043]

Now hold on one confounded minute here. No where did I say I support the Pope. I am just mildly opposed to the animals in the streets burning churches and shooting nuns. Heaven help us when the decide that they will no longer be the religion of peace.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Beezer

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) -- An al-Qaeda-linked extremist group warned Pope Benedict XVI on Monday that he and the West were "doomed," as protesters returned to the streets across the Muslim world to demand more of an apology from the pontiff for his remarks about Islam and violence.

www.cnn.com...

Being currently reported by CNN online.

Not a surprise that this statement comes from a bunch of murderous cowards that only want/need death and terror.

I demand an apology for the World Trade Center destruction.

I demand an apology for Daniel Pearl

I demand an apology for the USS Cole

I demand an apology for the violence from some little ol' dutch cartoons.

Bet you I don't get it!!

- Beezer

And why do you think Al-Qauda would appologise, they deliberately did those things?..........................Oh that's right you are generalising and asking Muslims to appologise. Why should they, it's not muslims who are the problem it's the extremeist terrorists. People like you don't deserve an appology anyway. I'd like an apology from Tony Blair for following George Bush and killing thousands of innocent people in my fing name without the support from the majority of the country. I won't get it though

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I really doubt there is an ordinance tech writing "Xeros sends his regards" on a 500lb bomb. I know Bush didn't talk to Condi and say, "I think we'll blow something up for Hogtie. He'd really dig it."

You're making it sound like the US and GB is declaring war on Islam. Isn't that a... generalization?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Sorry marg but you contradicted yourself.

We are living in contradicting times after all Flyers.

Politics wants to take the place of everything in the world including religion as you know religion has become a powerful tool for political views and a way to push political sentiments.

Yes justice and truth is part of bringing peace to the world, but I also say that is a volatile world out there and that anything that a public religious figure as the pope will say will be taken out of context by opportunist also.

Opportunist that will use it for their own agendas.

That is the way of the world today and one that we are pointing fingers to say who is right and who is at fault when in reality we all have created the world of today.

The pope is in hot waters just because he wanted to express his own feeling but it was the wrong time.

But don't forget .. he also is supposed to preach justice and truth. What he quoted from his speech was truth. And the Islamic response??? The politician in Turkey said that anyone who says Islamics aren't tolerant is asking for violence.

In other words the muslims are saying - 'we are tolerant and you better believe it or we will kill you.'

They are proving the pope correct. Their actions have proven the quote - taken from centuries ago - to be correct.

Yes they are proving the pope correct but also remember that Christianity was not such a religion of peace for a time in our world history.

Is like US bringing democracy and freedom in the middle east, either you take it of die while we are tying to give it to you.

Yes flyers we are living dangerous times when everybody thinks that their cause is the right one and justify.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
What is it that these 6th century little cave dwelling sand eating wife beaters don't get??

I'm certain we here can do without comments like that.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Opportunist that will use it for their own agendas.

I FULLY agree with ya marg. Absolutely.

Christianity was not such a religion of peace for a time in our world history.

700 years ago. But we are now living in 2006. You'd think that the truth could be spoken but apparently not.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
700 years ago. But we are now living in 2006. You'd think that the truth could be spoken but apparently not.

That is the sad thing about history Flyers, a lot of things are never really forgotten.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
Or become Athiest and rape their children, no?

Do atheists rape children regularly? I'm not an atheist, and wasn't aware that was a common practice amongst them.

Humanity itself holds evil. High conviction, whether religion or not, coupled with evil intentions leads to major atrocities.

You're absolutley right, but indoctrination, relentless brainwashing, and fabricated guilt seems to create willing pawns, who would otherwise grow up to be good people, that act on behalf of those in high religious positions who have evil intentions. One's relationship with god should be personal, IMO, and the words of another human should never be able to break that bond or cause somebody to act like an animal. Organized religion has always been abused by humans who think they are more holy than others, and become evil because of it....

Evil intentions on their own work as well, too.

Okay, try and convince some people off the street to strap bombs to themselves and kill a bunch of other innocent people just for the hell of it, no reward in heaven for them, but just because you feel evil....they most likely wouldn't do it. Evil intentions alone don't move masses, evil needs a disguise....

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Madrid and London were not linked to Al-Qaeda after the probe... but they didn't make big news with that and we know why...

Al-Qaeda was funded and trained by the CIA, so I'm waiting for apologies from them + those responsible to go in jail!

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Oooooooh. See Eye Ay, eh? Jeez.
I love it. The terrorists are too stupid to buy a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator, and get some stick time at a flight school. I don't know how to say this other than it ain't hard to crash a plane into a building. No takeoffs. No landings. The rest is easy. Really it is.

Madrid and London were perpitrated by Muslims. Whether Al Quaeda, Abu Sayaff, whatever, the goal is the fall and submission of the west. Seperating those groups is like saying that the KKK and Aryian Brotherhood have different goals.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There may be Islamic moderates out there, those that say they uphold the "true" meaning of Islam.

Whatever.

You want to know the true meaning of Islam? Well this story goes a long way of demonstrating it.

Islam isn't be "hijaked" as our president is so apt to say. It's just showing its true colors as all the liberal Muslims are drowned out in favor of this rising tide.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) -- An al-Qaeda-linked extremist group warned Pope Benedict XVI on Monday that he and the West were "doomed," as protesters returned to the streets across the Muslim world to demand more of an apology from the pontiff for his remarks about Islam and violence.

www.cnn.com...

So, what's different about today and the day before the pope quoted a medieval ruler.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ummmm... He was wearing his red hat?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You've got to laugh at them, they've just proved all of his points.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

When the pope open its mouth people listen, no only the faithful followers but also other nations of the world.

Even catholics pick and choose what they listen to when the pope speaks. Mostly, everyone politely listens to the pope and goes on about their business. Muslims should learn to do likewise.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
What a nasty little thread. Please guys, wake up. This news SCREAMS set up.

The propaganda machine trying too hard and too desperately, will be its downfall. That is, if you guys can wake up. How much will it take?

Al-Qaeda operative in White House, anyone?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
What a nasty little thread. Please guys, wake up. This news SCREAMS set up.

The propaganda machine trying too hard and too desperately, will be its downfall. That is, if you guys can wake up. How much will it take?

Al-Qaeda operative in White House, anyone?

Oh, yeah! Its all so clear. Why didn't I see it sooner? It is the Faux-Quaeda in DC that digitalized the sound and images of the Pope giving his speach, and manipulating the Pope's true messeage, which was that limberger really is the superior cheese. Unbeknownst to Osama BUSHladen, the Muslims recieved the true message, causing them to take to the streets in frenzied mobs, evenly split into two different factions. The dill-havarti faction and the goat-curd and chive faction. It is widely believed that most of the violence stems from the havarti group, but the details are still scetchy. Meanwhile, the govt spin machine had made it appear that the Muslims are violently protesting a message that condemns violence, riling up those of us in the Western world, ignorant of the great cheese fiasco. What a trap we have fallen into!

This conspiracy world is just to complicated for me. Mongo just pawn in game of life.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm glad to see you spent all that time making an intellectual retort.

Keep it up.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Radical Islamics are doing nothing but proving the Pope's words true. By acting out in violence to his words it only backs what he said. Why demand an apology for something that they are not only guilty of, but are displaying in response?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join