It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 229
<< 226  227  228    230  231  232 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I couldn't find nothing more about these photos: only a website which states they're genuine. I hate to post photos from non official sources: i'm sorry. Sadly, with many russian photos there's no chance: i was hoping that someone could track one of them...

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Here are 3 more Luna 13 images of the object cut from pictures from a different source, apoligies if they do not look very big but I have not learnt how to save in a bigger format.

Source

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
To me, this contraption looks like an Archimedes screw ( or part thereof )

Perhaps a machine involved in mining ?

Interesting find.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Looking for WALLACE WOLF moon pictures, i think i came across a posible explanation:

www.lpod.org...

www.lpi.usra.edu...

www.lpi.usra.edu...

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Probably they are just those two craters at the bottom of the image, what do you think? It seems like that indeed.

I love to debunk my self

In any case, i would love to know what was the process to obtain this pic:

img130.imageshack.us...

[edit on 10-11-2007 by Orion437]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I believe the 25Y is a physical location on the Moon and not a number given and placed on the the photo for cataloging. The reason I believe this is that the letter Y is slightly piveted and at an angle like putting the numbered sequence on a perimeter of a circle. On Mars there is a giant G5 as plain as day and when viewing the location the G5 looks as though a half open book is standing up vertically and the G and 5 meet at a 90 degree angle.

The 25Y could be a visual for a specific location or landing sight on the Moon. For who took the photo of the Orbiter it could be superimposed or is a real photo but something or somebody snaped a photo. Rik Riley

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Sherpa, thenk you for this find

(i remember you gave me the same link in the past but i've some hundreds favourites in I.E. , so...
)
So, basically, this object was/is actually there...
Frankly, it doesn't appear a natural formation to me. Of course there are natural boulders with stranges shapes, but this one... should enter the top ten to say the least!

By the way, ArMap was right about the lines (apparent cables): in these pic are no longer there...someone draw them (what was written there? konturi brokok (punktir)
)
Congrats ArMap !!!

[edit on 10/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Yes the object is there but I don't know if, as mentalempire suggested, it could be part of Luna 13.

It is difficult to elliminate that possibility without better knowledge of the crafts construction and function.

There is also a couple of other anomalous objects in those pics besides those already discussed but you are probably better at presenting them then I.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by sherpa]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

I agree: that's the first thing to rule out IMHO too

Well i noticed these two objects too:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Perfect they are the ones I was talking about.

I knew you would find them.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Orion437

The object you have posted looks like a fragment from a very large craft,
if you look at John Lear's copernicus photo no1, lower right corner, you may consider the possibility that that this fragment came from a craft not unlike the large delta wing craft that is 'parked' there.
I could ,of course be wrong but it won't hurt to take a look.
Regards''',
Horsegiver.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Yes the object is there but I don't know if, as mentalempire suggested, it could be part of Luna 13.

Here's a few diagrams of the Soviet lunar probes, note how some of the Luna series got to the surface. The carrier rocket slows the vehicle down and cuts out allowing the assembly to fall onto a "pogo-stick" like contraption that releases the
spherical probe. The carrier has no legs and fall to the surface.

The literature on these probes describes bits of the spacecraft seen in these photos.

softlanding and deploy
Luna 9
Luna 13
Luna 12
Luna 10

PDFs on Unmanned probes

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thank you for the links to this information space, but having looked through them I find them not concise in detail enough to identify the object.

What is needed is something like an engineering or parts diagram of the landing components to positively identify any parts, the information you have provided seems more focused on the scientific instruments carried on board.

However the pdf's in general look interesting as they cover a lot of other vehicles I will have to wade through a few of those just for the sheer hell of it.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMax

Thank you for the informations mate

I've found this one, but i've some doubts...

Edit to add Source

If i'm correct, the first vehicle with wheel sent to the moon by soviets has been the Lunokhod 1 moon rover, some years later.

The wheels are so far the closer component i'm able to imagine could be the object that we see there....

[edit on 11/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

What is needed is something like an engineering or parts diagram of the landing components to positively identify any parts, the information you have provided seems more focused on the scientific instruments carried on board.

I thought a general overview would be helpful for a start.
Engineering diagrams will be difficult, but perhaps not impossible. Here's a few more leads.
Russian sources might be the best approach, if you don't mind slow servers.

Russian Lunar and Planetary Research
A publisher of Plans
Some space history
Russian/Soviet spaceflight
Astronautix.com

[edit on 11-11-2007 by SpaceMax]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

I realize now that it is a parabolic antenea at 7:00, you can see them holding a scale of same amongst the other pictures where it was obtained.
Here is one pic from that site that appears to be the Atlas launching it into orbit, note the background to the left ofthe rocket's exhaust trail, is that the moon or our alien gaurdians?
www.niit.edu.pk...

there is a pic here : www.ufoevidence.org... of one of the early car races; it's as though they're there watching demos of all our technical breakthroughs.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I've found this one, but i've some doubts...

Interesting mix of spacecraft, but all US made, Gemini configurations, Agena target vehicle, Telstar, Surveyor, etc.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I had never thought of that, but it may help if we search those Russian probes using their Cyrillic names, in this case Луна-13 instead of Luna-13, I tried and found some promising sites, but it is getting too late for me, I must go to sleep.

PS: I hope everybody can see the Cyrillic characters.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMax

SpaceMax, please can you check this link and take a look there (it's all russian but if there's something of interest you should find it)?
epizodsspace.testpilot.ru...
I think that the real name is "Luna E-6M", is it correct?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Are you talking about the pics taken by Luna 13? The Lunokhod was a later development.

AFAIK many the Soviet lunar lunar probes had less than ideal landings, and were partially or completely destroyed and/or impaired. Parts could have fallen off, I just don't know. Designs of these probes varied as well.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes ArMap thank you: it's doing so that i get the page i linked above: can you take a look too?
(tomorrow)

[edit on 11/11/2007 by internos]

top topics

<< 226  227  228    230  231  232 >>

join