It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 227
<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Greetings Zorgon,
Thank you for your kind words, I was particularly pleased to see the boring machine, and your comment about an awareness of Scale, it was important to me to explain the many flat topped mounds that occur on the Moon, they are entirely consistent with the humble molehills in my field, only much larger.
ps, rules do not permit my using u2u at present
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by horsegiver
ps, rules do not permit my using u2u at present

That's okay... it doesn't take long... just start a good thread and you will have points in no time... they allow you to do that still, yes?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the encouragement with regards to anomalies on the moon.I looked over the Copernicus picture and after a few quick looks I thought I saw a craft or two.Upon further study I've concluded that my eyes are playing tricks with shadows or the resolution is too low for me to post anything worthy at this time.
I'm a frequent visitor to thelivingmoon but I appreciate the link.
Fascinating posts here!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Interestingly I am having trouble finding those images at any of the main sources..

So why are they not in any of the main public catalogs?

Hello again Zorgon.

They can be found on the LPI website:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

They are AS10-28-3990 / 3989 / 3990.

The interesting thing is that, as you can see, those three images are smaller and totally lacking of detail, compared to this one:

www.keithlaney.net...

But i can´t find the source of this bigger and much more detailed image in Keithlaney site.

Sorry for my english.

Edit: I just found a couple of threads of interest about this, one in german. Both are relatively new.

www.meinews.net...

And in the german thread, there is this image (different from the Keithlaney site)

What do you think?

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Orion437]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion437
Hello again Zorgon.
They can be found on the LPI website:

I know that I paid attention to your last post but LPI galleries are useless for anything other than a catalog

What do you think?

Ach Du Lieber!!!

What do I think? You get the hero Cookie
You realize that the directory that high res image links to contains only three images? And they won't be there long.

I have found other images in there before and they are gone (I never did D/L all the previous ones...
)

These three images were added on Friday, November 02, 2007 7:06 PM I am surprised they were found and linked on a German site.

They are the ONLY images currently in this directory at 161.115.184.211... which leads nowhere.
We had previously found this directory many months ago but it had different images now gone. I believe this to be a 'working' directory for NASA GRIN

A 'Who Is" search yields this result
161.115.184.211 Record Type: IP Address
OrgName: Lynchburg College OrgID: LYNCHB
Address: 1501 Lakeside Drive City, Lynchburg , VA. 24501, USA

The original High Resolution Jpgs that the above clips were taken from can be found here.... If they are gone we can link them ourselves as I saved them

AS10-20-3988

AS10-20-3989

AS10-20-3990

Here is your "Hero Cookie"

You need an Avatar... I found two that are cool

Now then

"The Torn Fabric of Space"

Well at least this time they cannot say "fuzzy picture"

In the LPI images it looks like a white patch but a close up shows us a lot of detail..

So what is it? I know you posted a list
. Camera glitch / dust?
. Image Artifact?
. Missing part of a Apollo / other know craft / satellite (floating / orbiting ?) ?
. Other?

I will go with OTHER

Now if you believe they never went up there, this is a perfect example of proof for that theory... what you are looking at is the projection screen with a rip in it....

That would be from THIS screen at Langley

You could say this was a rip in the paper before they scanned it to digital...

If that is the case the person who did this was a total moron for not catching it and a magician as it has the same rip in three images... now how does that happen? Also look at the thickness of the ripped portion... looks like very thick paper.

Also the lighting on it is interesting. It blends into the photo so its not a piece loose on the scanner... this is actually on the image...

So what is it?

Well its obviously a tear in the space time fabric that appears the same in three sequential shots...

In any case Marvelous find

[edit on 5-11-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, please source the apparent tear image from a site other than The Living Moon.

-tv

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

There were more photos on that computer at Lynchburg College, as can be seen on this thread, but they were take out today, and probably only Kipp Teague can say why.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Alright, I was going to give zorgon a rare benefit of a doubt that these photos were unaltered from NASA source photos, but screw that. I'm calling hoax. The rip looks like obvious CGI and the fact that they were from some computer in Lynchburg seems to me another dead giveaway that they are not authentic.
Now, if anyone CAN find this photo from an official source, I will humbly recant.
But I doubt you guys can do that.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by totalvigilance

Did you even read his presentation? If not, do that really quick...it will explain the irrelevance of your request.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
There were more photos on that computer at Lynchburg College, probably only Kipp Teague can say why.

Well I can say why too... its a working or holding directory... The last time we used this was when we found the tank with the weird pictures on the bulletin board remember? I latter found the images at NASA GRIN I assume Kipp also works that as one of his projects, but I didn't check...

But it is interesting that these three images just appeared there

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by totalvigilance
Alright, I was going to give zorgon a rare benefit of a doubt that these photos were unaltered from NASA source photos, but screw that. I'm calling hoax. The rip looks like obvious CGI and the fact that they were from some computer in Lynchburg seems to me another dead giveaway that they are not authentic.
Now, if anyone CAN find this photo from an official source, I will humbly recant.
But I doubt you guys can do that.

I have been here for over a year... and I just have to say... this is probably about the stupidest comment I have ever seen...

You obviously missed the Lunar and Planetary source that Orion originally linked to...
www.lpi.usra.edu...

You obviously missed the fact that Kipp Teague maintains NASA's Apollo Archives

www.apolloarchive.com...

The Archive was created by Kipp Teague in February 1999 as a companion web site to his "Contact Light" personal retrospective on Project Apollo. The Archive is also companion to Eric Jones' comprehensive Apollo Lunar Surface Journal.

www.hq.nasa.gov...

And just what is wrong with the Living Moon site?
How else do you suppose we can post the clips? You DO know that it is good etiquette on the internet to host an image so you don't waste bandwidth by direct linking?

I would humbly suggest a name change your "Vigilance" is far from "Total"

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

So what is it?

That is one small flub for NASA, one giant breakthrough for us! Kudos Orion437!

(ticker tape parade next Monday)

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Does anybody know what this is?

. Camera glitch / dust?
. Image Artifact?
. Missing part of a Apollo / other know craft / satellite (floating / orbiting ?) ?
. Other?

Nice find, Orion

As Zorgon points out... very curious as to what could cause the same rip in 3 consecutive photos

You need an Avatar... I found two that are cool

Here is one of Z's suggested Avatars (I think, based on your livingmoon page) in an ATS-friendly size for your consideration.

img75.imageshack.us...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

What do I think? You get the hero Cookie

In any case Marvelous find

Thank you Zorgon!!!!!!

Thank´s a lot for the cookie, it is a golden one indeed

I hope to contribute with more interesting material.

The avatars are AWESOME, i just adopted one of them.

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Here is one of Z's suggested Avatars (I think, based on your livingmoon page) in an ATS-friendly size for your consideration.

Thanks Zarniwoop!!!! I just adopted it, it´s awesome .

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I recommend to take a look at this video here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
To bad...

It seems I have got a problem to post an image with borders (square) around it.
In preview mode I see the square.
When actually post it... The code is messed up

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Lunica]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I hate to stray from this topic, but check out the picture of Jupiter's moon at www.solarviews.com... .
I'm seeing some interesting shapes near the edge at the 4 & 9 o'clock positions. Looks like another of Rick H.'s titainium vents at 9 o'clock.
It's no wonder people are driven to drink, with some of these hidden truths being revealed.
It's a moon with anomolies, so figure I would wedge it into this thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Thanks Zarniwoop!!!! I just adopted it, it´s awesome .

It suits you well
(good find, Z!)

Now, go find more cool stuff

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

Thanks Terrapop Spacemax linke that a couple pages back and we have been tracking the Japanese project here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There was a thread on the Chinese Mission too but it was moved to below top secret so I don't have that thread handy

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Now, go find more cool stuff

Hey I love that Avatar... what does the red button do? LOL I think I will start a collection

I found this a little while ago....

Lunar Orbiter

Now anyone notice anything unusual about this picture?

new topics

top topics

<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join