It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oliver Stone may produce 9/11 "conspiracy" movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Oliver Stone says he might produce a film about 9/11 which has a conpiracy tone to it. This of course would be a step away from his recent WTC film. Personally I'd like to see what he comes up with.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

[edit on 12-9-2006 by opinionsarefree]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Would that be this one?

a lone commercial airliner flew diagonally through the North Tower of the World Trade Center, maintained a circular holding pattern for approximately 17 minutes, then struck the South Tower before heading to the Pentagon.
After its collision with the center of American military operations, the so-called "magic plane"—which variously and ingeniously identified itself to air-traffic controllers as "American Airlines Flight 11," "United Airlines Flight 175," "American Airlines Flight 77" and "United Airlines Flight 93"—took to the skies once again, landing at a top-secret "black-ops" Air Force base in West Virginia, where it was reloaded with a group of clones from another shadowy government program that Stone described as "shocking."
. . .

Cage notices that the so-called "first" plane, which, according to official, whitewashed reports, detonated upon impact with the North Tower in the initial collision, actually banks "back and to the left, circling for about 17 minutes, and then diving into the other tower." He repeats the phrase over and over in increasing intensity, toggling back and forth between individual frames while the music swells and the emotional drama rises to a fever pitch.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So, I guess it's up to Stone to make the Truth movement look like a bunch of idiotic nutters? Figures.

Edit: Is the Onion a real news source or this a satyre? I'm a bit confusled?

[edit on 9/12/2006 by Griff]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Oh, it is definitely satire.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thought so. I'm usually gullable but not that gullable. Thanks for the laugh Howard.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised of this was true considering Stone's other film "JFK" also had conspiracy themes.

I've been reading other articles from the site and I fail to see how its satirical.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by Akraites]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I like Stone, I actually hope he makes it, not that it is going to make a mass movement of truth or something, just for my personal viewing pleasure.
This is also on drudgereport.com.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akraites

I've been reading other articles from the site and I fail to see how its satirical.

we were talking about the link to The Onion that I posted, not the original post in the thread.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Akraites,when he said satyre I believe he was reffering to the 1st post made by HowardRoark which sounds typical of an Onion story.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by opinionsarefree]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by opinionsarefree
lardo 5150, when he said satyre I believe he was reffering to the 1st post made by HowardRoark which sounds typical of an Onion story.

Ah, gotcha, was reading through the thread to fast.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Nvm...I think.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
However, you have to admit, you can just see Nick Cage in front of a cardboard model of the towers with a model airplane

“Back and to the left. . . . back and to the left. . . .back and to the left.”

And there would be no difference in heights caused by a limo jump seat to confuse things.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
What is everyone's opinion on Stone making a movie like this.
I would really like to see it.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Considering how badly he mangled theJFK thing, I wouldn't put much faith in it.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As I stated before I would like to see what he comes up with. You can probably bet that just the fact that Oliver Stone produces it will get it a good box office slot. I think if it does happen, it should have a tag at the end that say "Based on events that could very likely have happened".

new topics

top topics

join