It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Men are smarter than women, study says..

page: 3
0
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but the link is to Pravda, which is slightly less reliable that World Weekly News.


I'm so glad you cleared this up, cuz it is certainly true that Russian men are smarter than Russian women. After all, who does the media show getting the stuffing beaten out of them by the Russian military and police forces?

Who do you see walking by snickering into their babushkas?

Pravada....used to be the rag that the Russian leaders used to declare their "victory" over the superpowers....how smart was that?? Broke, busted and disgusted,,....the Russia of today!




posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Really?

My husband thinks he's pretty smart too. Too bad he cant cook a meal, he cant wash dishes, he cant take the garbage out, he doesnt know how to go food shopping, or how to wash and dry clothes either.


In other words, Mr Dgtempe is a nobody without me.

But he brings money home, so you can have time to chit chat on ATS

After all a man is good as a wallet.



posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Crow
If you're going to attack Pravda's credibility, here's another article from BCC that says pretty much the same thing, although the study was conducted by academics in the UK.
news.bbc.co.uk...
[edit on 9/11/2006 by The Crow]


Anyone who is familiar at all with Pravda, knows that it is nothing more than a tabloid. I've followed them for years and they still keep printing the same lame-brain pseudo-science. After all, it used to be the official propaganda mouthpiece in the former Soviet Union.

Besides that, do you REALLY think men are smarter than women??

That idea right there is an idiotic statement.



posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Crow
This isn't anything new. Research that will corraborate this study can be found in the Journal of Psychology.

If you're going to attack Pravda's credibility, here's another article from BCC that says pretty much the same thing, although the study was conducted by academics in the UK.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 9/11/2006 by The Crow]
I have a HUGE GINORMOUS ISSUE with this.
This is a similar study, or maybe even the same people, don't care, but I'm going to make a friggen point:

How much smarter? 3.63 IQ points smarter claims Dr. J. Philippe Rushton, the Andrew Dice Clay of Canadian academia.
Plus, as he has previously informed us, Asians are smarter than whites who are smarter than blacks.
...
OK, let's look at some facts then, Dr. Rushton.
You are currently president of The Pioneer Fund, founded in 1937 by Nazi eugenicist Harry Laughlin and Nazi sterilization laws advocate Frederick Osborn.
Well that was a long time ago. What has The Pioneer Fund done on your watch?
Besides publishing 'Mankind Quarterly', edited by Roger Pearson, founder of the neo Nazi Northern League, that is.
Ah, still struggling with that whole concept of darkies, I see.
Plus there's this piece you published on March 2006 at VDare, the white supremacist website, praising the work of fellow nutbar racist Richard Lynn, who coincidentally serves on the board of directors of The Pioneer Fund.
From Here
Another article on "Men R Smrt"
Pioneer Fund itself
His whineing on blacks and other minorities
IQ decline from North(hight) to South(low)

I've got some information in my head:

1.) Most IQ tests are biased, based upon education vs. age. Since you are supposed to have taken algebra at x age, if you haven't taken algebra, and cannot answer the algebraic questions, as you age, your IQ points will drop. (I think they stop ajusting the age part of the formula at what, 25?) Any IQ test I've taken with math in it, I score 145 (with the normal fuxuations), and any test that has had the math (that requires an education taken out, I score over 150, which makes me (barely) a genius. I've seen the wide fluxuation between what you should learn in school, and what you should be able to figure out.
If they used a standard IQ test for their test, I could well see this disparity. Everything changes on the other type test. This more proves that white men often get more of an education (or have parents that expect more out of them) than any other demographic. Considering how many girls I know who still go to college just to find a husband and make babies (in spite of being able to get their "liberal education"), or wind up doing that, anyway (and their parents tend to egg them on in this)....I could well see this being accurate. It's self perpetuating. It's NURTURE not nature.

[Information from a MALE taught class in psychology with 3Female:1Male ratio in the class. We were going into education.]

2.) How do we deal with women tending to marry dumber men than themselves? My mamma did it, I am doing it, my brother's wife did it. The ony one in my family who won't likely do this is my baby brother. He tests way out there, and would have to look at more than the local girls to find someone as smart/smarter whom he can tolerate as a person instead of just another brain....but not like he even bothers with people not close to his range. It's not comfortable knowing that your conversations won't be understood by the ones you love.

3.) This type of study is nowhere near new. This is the same bull**** I've been aggravated about finding in some Pro-Evolution papers from at least the late 60's on back. Do y'all know why they hunted the aboriginies for thier bones? Because they were inferior. (That was their reasoning.) I wonder if there's any documentation on the Smithsonian ever returning the bones of hunted men, or even an apology. This thing always has some sort of biased background behind the men and women who shout it from their mountiantops.

Remember, people, inferior IQ is supposedly more primitive. Why is the media even bothering with this? No IQ test ought to be evlauated on solely male dominated fileds, if you want unbiased data.

I'm quite tired of seeing this pop up.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by jlc163]

[edit on 12-9-2006 by jlc163]



posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So men have bigger brains than women, huh?

Doesn't prove anything. "It's not the size of the boat," remember?


(Sorry, I've waited for a long time to be able to say that to a group of guys.)

[edit on 9/12/2006 by mj13]



posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mj13
(Sorry, I've waited for a long time to be able to say that to a group of guys.)

I have said that to a group of guys, too many times to count.


Oh, and something I keep forgetting to put in:

4.) It is a substantially larger number of women who know instinctively, during their first encounter with them, what people are psyco sexual predators, than other men do. It can be argued as a part of many things from a higher intelligence to being more in touch with their primitive side....but I vote for sheer experience.

My point? I can grab that, and run with that, to point out that females are smarter than men. Grab any point in human convergance, and there's likely to be an imbalance because there is a huge diffrence in the way that we think, and often the way we are raised. Women are all over the brain and men in one point. That's going to make some diffrences in some fields, not all. I mean, look at geniuses again, for a momet. Go look for a studty on how many use less of their brain to do the same tasks as the rest of the poulation. They just commit more to motar skills or to memorization than they do to thinking about it over and over again. It's a matter of seeing patterns where most think none exist. We're individuals, and were going to show rifts in certain sectors. Why in the world would there be a need for Jargon if we individually wern't going to be diffrent? Diffrent is not superiority, so IQ, which ofen tests diffrences and not inelligence, is not a reliable factor in determining which sex is superior.



posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
But he brings money home, so you can have time to chit chat on ATS

After all a man is good as a wallet.


ummm.....he better be better than that, since well, alot of women are now bringing home the money also...



posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I can't believe any of you large brained men are debating the merits of the study with these small brained women. they can't handle the concept of the study or the thinking involved in connecting brain mass with intelligence.

wait, I know how we can explain it to them. let's see. shoe sale and intelligence. that should work.

ok, small brains listen up. the study kinda says the shoe store that is offering the LARGEST discount will have more people inside to buy the shoes. The LARGEST brain can hold more information.


understand now walnut brains?

please note that crakeur is making a joke. if you didn't get this and were about to type a hateful retort about women and shopping and shoes, please take a step back and remember, you have a tiny brain and there's no way you'd evern understand the deep, insightful humor from a large brain such as myself.



posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Men have traditionally been the thinkers, the philosophers, the scientists - the ones that were educated, right? Right.

A desirable feature will eventually propagate itself throughout the population, right? Right.

Intelligence as far as IQ goes is supposedly hereditary, right? Right.

When a larger percentage of a sex uses their brain to the full potential this will eventually show up in genetics, right? Right.

Is it really so hard to believe that since men have always really been doing the thinking, especially abstract thinking, they have evolved to be smarter, at least in these areas? No, no it isn't.

You know what happens when you don't use it, especially your brain? Yeah, that's right, you lose it.

Women are just having a hard time accepting this since feminism has utterly convinced most women that they are superior to men. Hahaha.

On the other hand, other intelligence tests have shown that women generally have better memory and a better understanding of emotions. I guess that is sort of an intelligence on its own, but, really, emotions don't invent things, do they? Maybe emotions can keep a family together, but they don't invent things. For that you need to “think outside the box”, you need creativity, i.e., abstract thinking.



posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Crow
Men have traditionally been the thinkers, the philosophers, the scientists - the ones that were educated, right? Right.

Is it really so hard to believe that since men have always really been doing the thinking, especially abstract thinking, they have evolved to be smarter, at least in these areas? No, no it isn't.

Women are just having a hard time accepting this since feminism has utterly convinced most women that they are superior to men. Hahaha.

emotions don't invent things, do they? Maybe emotions can keep a family together, but they don't invent things. For that you need to “think outside the box”, you need creativity, i.e., abstract thinking.


you're single, right?



posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
lol

No pal, I don't have to kiss ass to get what I want. There's science on my side this time anyway.



posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Yes woman are emotion plus , emotions makes a woman vurerable, sometimes it can manifest with different things, undesided, she will change her mind several times and wont be sure, unsecure , she will feel insecurity, insecurity is like an alarm for most of the woman, it is the end of the world for them, feeling unsecurity will triger "undesided"
This is is a plus for man that they can think as you said out side the box with out emotions inetfirence geting that extra raito.
When there is a decision when it involves emotions like let's say for example defusing a bomb in a building I think man are better equiped to deal with it, man deals with stress better, at a funeral you will see a woman cry and a man holding it inside, we die faster because we deal more with stress , we hold biger quantities of it which eventuly affects us, at 70,80 years of age, it's game over.
It's important to let the emotions go once you are doing something important, especialy when there is a hazard presented.

Man have also some weaknes against the woman, that would be that we are in fact more imature, sometimes more childish, but what woman don't understand is that being imature does not mean being dumb an uncreative, it only represents the will to be young and engoy life, sometimes it creates problems on geting things done, only after we pull out of it we get started.
True that there are important things that dont involve emotions, and point blank some ladys handle it better than us, we as man are more lazy that is also true, we get started harder on things but that relates to our biological features, we are that by construction.

What is important to notice is that woman and feminist groups will never understand some things, they will never understand that man and woman will never be equal, to obtain equality you must have 2 things that are the same.
How can you equal a square with a circle? you cant.
We are just different by design, some are better on some things and the other side is better on other things.
When I see a woman saing "I can do that" my answer is, yes you can, but I'm more fitted for the thask, just like you are better fitted for others, and it bolth cases it involves brains.
I hope I didint ofend the ladys but this is honestly how it is.



posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Yes woman are emotion plus , emotions makes a woman vurerable, sometimes it can manifest with different things, undesided, she will change her mind several times and wont be sure, unsecure , she will feel insecurity, insecurity is like an alarm for most of the woman, it is the end of the world for them, feeling unsecurity will triger "undesided"
This is is a plus for man that they can think as you said out side the box with out emotions inetfirence geting that extra raito.
When there is a decision when it involves emotions like let's say for example defusing a bomb in a building I think man are better equiped to deal with it, man deals with stress better, at a funeral you will see a woman cry and a man holding it inside, we die faster because we deal more with stress , we hold biger quantities of it which eventuly affects us, at 70,80 years of age, it's game over.
It's important to let the emotions go once you are doing something important, especialy when there is a hazard presented.

Man have also some weaknes against the woman, that would be that we are in fact more imature, sometimes more childish, but what woman don't understand is that being imature does not mean being dumb an uncreative, it only represents the will to be young and engoy life, sometimes it creates problems on geting things done, only after we pull out of it we get started.
True that there are important things that dont involve emotions, and point blank some ladys handle it better than us, we as man are more lazy that is also true, we get started harder on things but that relates to our biological features, we are that by construction.

What is important to notice is that woman and feminist groups will never understand some things, they will never understand that man and woman will never be equal, to obtain equality you must have 2 things that are the same.
How can you equal a square with a circle? you cant.
We are just different by design, some are better on some things and the other side is better on other things.
When I see a woman saing "I can do that" my answer is, yes you can, but I'm more fitted for the thask, just like you are better fitted for others, and it bolth cases it involves brains.
I hope I didint ofend the ladys but this is honestly how it is.

*claps*, exactly how it is.



posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78


What is important to notice is that woman and feminist groups will never understand some things, they will never understand that man and woman will never be equal, to obtain equality you must have 2 things that are the same.
How can you equal a square with a circle? you cant.
We are just different by design, some are better on some things and the other side is better on other things.
When I see a woman saing "I can do that" my answer is, yes you can, but I'm more fitted for the thask, just like you are better fitted for others, and it bolth cases it involves brains.
I hope I didint ofend the ladys but this is honestly how it is.


no offense taken....but.......3+3 still equals six, doesn't it....I mean 3+3 isn't exactly the same as 6, right...so they must not be equal???
by the way, the earliest tools found were invented by WOMEN!!!
and creativity,, give me a break!! the japanese women were once forbidden to learn to read and write...so they created a separate launguage and spent their time weaving and embroidering it into the craftwork!!
and as far as philosophy...um....
www.geocities.com...
you can find women philosophers in history, you just have to look for them, since ain't noone gonna tell ya about them and like most women in history they've been long forgotten their accomplishements credited to some man!

as far as living outside of the box, well, women were forced to live outside the box for a very long time....don't think we can't think outside it.

and as far as shoe store sales days...who gives a dang!!! bigger stores have bigger crowds, more time is used up at the cash registers, time is the most valuable assett you have!!!

[edit on 13-9-2006 by dawnstar]



posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I was talking about a totaly different thing, you're completly off the subject, it's caracteristics of the sex, it's not about who invented the first tool, if you look at a female hand you will see it's fingers are design different, like a lock picker's hand, fingers are also different, they are slimer , sharper, the sex it's self is a very differet not only the way it acts but also the way it influences things, biology proved that we are 2 different things, we are influenced by different things, we react different, man and woman are 2 different creatures and do have different special needs.
First of all the sexual instinct, and the way we mate and what we like is different, studies proved we react different do numeros things, every side is best at something, there is no equality.
This thing with we are the same is a fery tail provided by the feminist agenda.



[edit on 13-9-2006 by pepsi78]



posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
by the way, the earliest tools found were invented by WOMEN!!!
and creativity,, give me a break!! the japanese women were once forbidden to learn to read and write...so they created a separate launguage and spent their time weaving and embroidering it into the craftwork!!
and as far as philosophy...um....
www.geocities.com...
you can find women philosophers in history, you just have to look for them, since ain't noone gonna tell ya about them and like most women in history they've been long forgotten their accomplishements credited to some man!

as far as living outside of the box, well, women were forced to live outside the box for a very long time....don't think we can't think outside it.

and as far as shoe store sales days...who gives a dang!!! bigger stores have bigger crowds, more time is used up at the cash registers, time is the most valuable assett you have!!!

[edit on 13-9-2006 by dawnstar]
The earliest tools were arrowheads and other cutting-edge tools (no pun intended) to remove meat from animals after it had been killed. Arrows were also used to kill animals. Who killed the animals? Men. Who removed the meat? Maybe men, maybe women. This was way before written language was invented, so we can't be certain who invented what and where. This is all relative and makes absolutely no difference.

Yeah, there have been some female philosophers, but again philosophy is, or historically has been, a male-dominated field. Which is exactly what I'm arguing; I'm not saying women can't do it, men are just better at it because they've been doing it a lot longer and more frequently. Our brains have evolved differently.

Inventing a language and weaving it, not bad. Can we compare that to the creativity men display by inventing things like science and math, teaching people to fly (Wright brothers), figuring out how the universe works and physics (Einstein, Newton, Galileo, Kepler, Tyco, etc) the lightbulb (Edison), the father of medicine (Hippocrates), artifical hearts and Penicillin production (Moyer), and the nuclear reactor (Fermi and Szilard) among many, many other things? Don't humor me.

If you think women can do everything just as well as men can, well, you're either completely ignorant or simply unwilling/unable to face the facts.

[edit on 9/13/2006 by The Crow]



posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
the thing is, that neither men nor women are equal. both have different qualities,strengths,and weaknessess. the fact tht men have a stronger aptitude towards certain academics does not make them superior just different. the sooner women stop trying to be mens equals and start embracing their own qualities the sooner our society can go back to the way it should be. we all have roles.



posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
To those who believe that women are dumber than men:

Ya know, this thread has quickly evolved into a woman-bashing thread. What, you guys don't think we have feelings now? Anyone who believes that women are inferior to men when it comes to intelligence is themselves, ignorant. Did you also fall for the "white people have larger brains than black" theory, too? You guys are misogynists if that is honestly how you feel. Just the fact that some on here think that feminism was a bad thing, shows how ignorant and woman-hating you are. Feminism brought women the right to work outside the home. How could any male in their right mind complain about a second paycheck in the family???


Pepsi, I may be a woman but at least I know how to spell and put together a paragraph that is grammatically correct.



posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
To those who believe that women are dumber than men:

Ya know, this thread has quickly evolved into a woman-bashing thread. What, you guys don't think we have feelings now? Anyone who believes that women are inferior to men when it comes to intelligence is themselves, ignorant. Did you also fall for the "white people have larger brains than black" theory, too? You guys are misogynists if that is honestly how you feel. Just the fact that some on here think that feminism was a bad thing, shows how ignorant and woman-hating you are. Feminism brought women the right to work outside the home. How could any male in their right mind complain about a second paycheck in the family???


Pepsi, I may be a woman but at least I know how to spell and put together a paragraph that is grammatically correct.



don't listen to her, she has large brain envy.



posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
i can complain that the fact women have entered the workforce has changed the tax system that forces most families to have two incomes to survive.that liberation has done nothing to help the familiy at home. all forms of government and the direction of societies starts at the home. the older generations enjoyed the benefits of beening raised by their own mothers, was is there so much juvie crime nowadays? maybe because kids are not being raised by their parents. explain to me how juggling work,kids,housework,supper,husband,maintaining one's feminitiy,and trying to be the same as men at the same time, liberating!?



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join