It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men are smarter than women, study says..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Thanks for making many of my points with your post.

Orangetom

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You know whats interesting? When I was in collage I learned from one of my classes that although men and women generaly have outstanding qualities over the other, during a stress related event the brain is capable and does pick up the slack so to speak. Ie... women have better periphrial vision during normal day to day operations...biologicaly they had to look over the camp,the kids,and keep an eye out for predators while the men where away. The female brain has a evolutionary preferance for this and naturaly goes this way. Men generaly have better spatial understanding of what they see,better binocular vision to spot prey and sucessfully kill it. A basic reason why men are usually more comfortable zipping around at high speeds in their cars. But, say if the man has to, like in a life or death situation, they can get just as good periphrial vision as any woman. Vice versa for women. Another example is what will alert us when we're sleeping. Women are tuned to hear human voices much easier. The baby cries mama get up. Men will sleep strait through loud conversation but a twig breaking will instantly alert him. They (both men and women) are creating a synergy together that further the survival of the species. The point is that when the man is away or vice versa the brain naturally takes over those functions too. A man will wake up instantlly when he hears the baby crying if he knows even subconciously that the woman is not present. Again vice versa for the woman. And I agree brain size has nothing to do with intelligence. If that were the case dolphins would be in charge of the planet their brains are much larger than ours. Also just because men don't do as well academically doesn't mean they are less intelligent. It just shows what their focusing on. And about the men being oblivious to what women are really up to is a bunch of hooey. Men know, it's just that caring about it is a superflous use of emotions on an a petty act that in reality usually doesn't have enough pull to effect us anyways, statistically women bash men 9 to 1 one a daily basis. Men don't bash women as much because again it is a waste. And if men can't cook than howcome most profesional chefs are male, it's not just beacuse they needed a job, maybe men can cook just as good or better. Try doing some manly things and see how easy they are. In actuallity they require just as much thought. PS I also thinks sports have a place but society puts too much of its energy into something as obsolete as sports.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
PS sorry about my spelling as I am at work and already multi-tasking alot of things as I type. Again, an example of an area where women excell over men-they would probably spell everyhting right while multi-tasking. I'm am guy after all-if you couldn't already tell. People need to get over the fact that the sexes are different for a biological reason and to embrace the streangths of the other.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
crap my spelling sucks! And I did really good in school. Go figure.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Orangetom, I wouldn't have posted it had I read the subsequent corrected post after mine. I wish you hadn't edited the gaffe because now it looks less funny.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
when you study you need statistics and the average is not the only point in statistics.

My point is i think in quantity women are smarter then men but in quality men are the most most smarter cream of the crop kind.

The only thing that i dont like on this topic is knives are flying real low. What is the big deal deal with beeing smarter, who can tell me what is beeing smart or intelligent, no1 said a defenition of what is what yet we see one liner like "men are smarter POWERRR!!!!1 or my husband doesnt shine much in the dark. Look at W bush he doesnt look real bright but hes the man running the show "in thoery lol" or lets put stephen hawkings in a real deep backcountry im not sure if he' ll manage to get a campfire on.. oh wait maybe its not a good example with mr hawkings but he gat huuuuuggggge IQ like 79304956 >

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yeah there are some low blows going around and not the kind I like either
Anyway, people are still going to run up against a wall with this issue until they just accept that the sexes are different and for good reason, its really just plain biology. Men are smarter than women in some ways and women are smarter than men in others. They are supposed to biologicly compliment each other. Trying to be 100% equal to men is really stupid. Its like a shark that wanted to be the dolphin and doesn't realize why it can't do it. Be happy with what you are.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Crow
Men have traditionally been the thinkers, the philosophers, the scientists - the ones that were educated, right? Right.

A desirable feature will eventually propagate itself throughout the population, right? Right.

Intelligence as far as IQ goes is supposedly hereditary, right? Right.

When a larger percentage of a sex uses their brain to the full potential this will eventually show up in genetics, right? Right.

Is it really so hard to believe that since men have always really been doing the thinking, especially abstract thinking, they have evolved to be smarter, at least in these areas? No, no it isn't.

You know what happens when you don't use it, especially your brain? Yeah, that's right, you lose it.

Women are just having a hard time accepting this since feminism has utterly convinced most women that they are superior to men. Hahaha.

On the other hand, other intelligence tests have shown that women generally have better memory and a better understanding of emotions. I guess that is sort of an intelligence on its own, but, really, emotions don't invent things, do they? Maybe emotions can keep a family together, but they don't invent things. For that you need to “think outside the box”, you need creativity, i.e., abstract thinking.

So a woman can't inerit the smrt genes from their fathers?

or do women just breed women, and men, men?
Genetic input is against you.
Asinine comment, sir.

Here's one for you:

My mom's brain is actually bigger than my dad's.
She's go tthe biggest head in the family, and does not have water on the brain, thank you.

She is the most booksmart person you're likely to meet.
She sucks at math. I'm so much better at it, but my dad is quicker.
She outreasons my father on a regular basis.
She reads fater than everyone I've met, and understands it on the first read, even at that speed.
My dad reads much slower, but almost never forgets what he read.

Mamma always scores higher, overall. She is smarter than my father, and he willingly admits it. There are still some things you don't get her to do for you, because you'd be better at it.

Btw, she inerited her dominant head genes from her daddy, who got it from his mamma. Mamman only had a 4th grade education, but she was never a dumb woman...probably one of the shrewdest old women I ever met.

[edit on 16-9-2006 by jlc163]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
I never watch sports..or listen to it on the radio. To me sports is just conditioning for the male to perform more without thinking about the actual value of his ability or ignorant willingness to perform. So many women just give their men the clue and cue...the play to carry out and the dummy without thinking it through goes for the touchdown. Especially in a multitasking world. Talk about a stupid bunch of men. Women understand this pattern better than men. Much better. How sports conditioning will benefit them....the women.
My good friend actually told me that a woman he married actually complained that he didnt watch sports just like me. She couldnt get him to carry out her plays ...the plays on which she wanted to score touchdowns . Obviously the marriage didnt last long.
He was not trainable.

Do you play sports? I'm sorry, but your stereotyped view of a person who likes sports bothers me. There are a lot more sports out there than football and not all of them involve *plays* to *score*.

Sports are a pass-time, a way to gain confidence, and a way to have fun with your buddies. You learn to be competitive and to accept and learn from the losses and failures. I've learned more about my ability and my capabilities through athletics moreso than anything else.

It's built in our brains to train anyways! Anandamide and endorphins are produced after running and doing other intense activity giving us a natural high, a nice buzz for the effort. Nothing to do with female control here, I mean they do play sports too!

[edit on 16-9-2006 by Phrankie B]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
When I see a woman saing "I can do that" my answer is, yes you can, but I'm more fitted for the thask, just like you are better fitted for others, and it bolth cases it involves brains.
I hope I didint ofend the ladys but this is honestly how it is.

To some extent, it's true.

But then, you haven't seen my male bosse's face when I carry the company tv on my shoulder like a boombox.
There are some guys at work that can't do that, and I mean too weak to do that.
In general, I expect most guys to be able to do more than that. Men are generally physically stronger.
In my case, I'm more fit to lifting up heavy burdens and shelving them for one main reason: I'm a damned sight better at organization than anyone else I work with, with the exception of a female boss. I can't stand it when anyone else shelves things because I can't find anything anymore.
and the guys put things on the top shelf that if a: it fell, would brain someone badly, or b: some weakling came through, and tried to get it down, would injure themselves.

remember, some geralizations work for most, but not all.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163

Originally posted by mj13
(Sorry, I've waited for a long time to be able to say that to a group of guys.)

I have said that to a group of guys, too many times to count.

Oh, and something I keep forgetting to put in:

4.) It is a substantially larger number of women who know instinctively, during their first encounter with them, what people are psyco sexual predators, than other men do. It can be argued as a part of many things from a higher intelligence to being more in touch with their primitive side....but I vote for sheer experience.

Where are you getting this information from?
It would seem logical that a sexual predator who was advancing on a woman would be more easily detected by the predators prey (the woman) than it would be by the man wouldn't it?Can back it up, I guess, with statistics, but was more pulling from about 2-3 psychologists and 8-10 specific situations I've dealt with or had a close friend/family memberdeal with. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
hell when we go to bed our minds are still making a checklist of things needing done the next day
I thought that was only me who did that....

I wake up to dreams where I'm explaining scientific theories to myself ala Mystery Science Theater, can recite to myselef what I just explained to myself once I wake up for about 5 minutes, find it profound, then totally forget what the hell the subject was.
Every once in a long while, I'll remember what's going on.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Read the post again...context...think it through. Think about the context..not just your perceived personal offense.

yes..women play sports. Do you know women who use sports conditioning to spend alot of time, moneys, and labors to make a mans life comfortable and optional?? As a Career opportunity??

Think this through carefully.

I am not against sports per se.. One needs to know about drive...about determination etc..etc..but in the correct usable contexts.

I just dont worship sports to the point of most of the males of whom I know. No intrest in this type of entertainment or conditioning.

I have learned about my capabilities by putting my back side on the line for my moneys..literally. School and training camp is out here. This does not make me better than others..it does however make me different and voicing this difference tends to give offense to many ....both males and females at times.

I also learn alot about my capabilities by doing now days..not by sports conditioning. I do learn certain particulars about doing from other guys who have themselves done..in arenas new to me. No problem here. I can respect this.

When I relax ..I dont find sports programming relaxing. I'd rather read a good book or watch a good movie...hard to find much anymore...good movies. Cooking to good music too is relaxing for me when I have the time.

I did play alot of sports when I was in my teens. Both my sister and myself were in a Judo club locally and went to alot of tournaments. She was good at it too. She can handle herself quite well. I am proud of her for this.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Intresting point about sexual predators.

This caused me to think about my friend who married a woman from his church.

It seemed she quickly walked him in "His" ignorance to the alter. Used sex and his preprogrammed conditioning to perform...ie male sports ..pick up the clues and cues conditioning him to perform for her and her approval.

Talk about a guy performing for female attention..pre conditioned to perform to keep within a womans line of sight. This guy leased a whole tour yacth at $20k for the wedding and reception.

Immediately after the I do's on honeymoon..in the Bahamas..she began to switch into her real true program. To distance herself from him and make it appear all was his fault. THe situation only got worse when he returned to his house which he had worked years and years of overtime to get paid off.

She immediately tried to get him to take out loans for home improvements for which she was cluing and cueing him into.

What he finally realized as the home situation deteriorated ...was that if he took out home loans on a already paid off house ..paid off before they were married ..if they split up she would get half the house without ever doing any work to pay for it or taking any risk. This is the manner in which the state laws are written here.

Well he didnt do it...and they split up...she fought him the whole way. My friend stayed with me for about two months while he got repossession of his house. She stayed there and before she left she cleaned out most of what she could manage.
Marriage didnt last four months.

However ..the main point in this ..is that this woman was a Predator. She would have literally raped him if given the opportunity. Economic Rape..is just as devastating to the male as rape to women. Its just that this type of rape is never found in statistics...why is this??? Male Disposability and Expendability is a justifiable social phenomonon in a multitasking world???

Now ...for the thinkers..out here ... Why do you not find these kinds of events in "STATISTICS"???? HOw about studys on social behaviors??

This happens much more than actually recorded....or reported. In our ignorance we dont think of men as capable of being raped....or this even being rape..but it certainly is.
It certainly is a very very personal violation.

THe woman I spoke of in a earlier post about repairing her alternator..would have thought this was perfectly normal behavior if I had not yanked her up short. If I was dumb enough by conditioning to put up with it ..it would literally be consented Rape...Date Rape...of my working skills. labors, and moneys. Very personal to men who know the difference and don t believe they must continually perform to keep within a womans line of sight and meet her approval.
Obviously since my friend was married before this woman he did not learn the pattern..and what willingness to perform and sports conditioning can do if left undiciplined. He literally made this mistake twice. Astonishing.

Never the less..there are female predators out there...lots of them. When events like this happen to a man they are very personal and a severe violation...yet never are statistics made on this concept ..or even the concept identified..for public education ..or conditioning to break the trend. It is given a pass to play through ..in total silence. No focus groups..no media coverage...
Male expendability and disposability.

Only women in this society can be victims and be violated. Astonishing!!!

Orangetom

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Now this woman in my last post..was almost smart....smarter than him..much smarter. She almost figured out and accomplished the phenomonon with my friend of how to play the system and get goodies without work...without risk. She is on her way to gettting another man to fall for it again. She has to do this to survive...before all the biology runs out.

Lots of sports conditioned dumb men out there from which she can prey.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Can I ask a question?

Why is it sexist to study the different physical and mental attributes of the two sexes?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
rofl.

i know way more retarded guys than chicks.

actually it might be even, cuz i know a lot of effin stupid people

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
She would have literally raped him if given the opportunity. Economic Rape..is just as devastating to the male as rape to women. Its just that this type of rape is never found in statistics...why is this??? In our ignorance we dont think of men as capable of being raped....or this even being rape..but it certainly is.
Orangetom

Didn't your friend agree to it all? Did he say his marriage vows under the threat and duress of physical injury or even death? Not likely. You don't agree to be raped. Your friend is a victim, agreed, and his tale is tragic, agreed. But, it didn't have to happen. He chose to marry her, which is the major reason I can't equate it with rape. It is also worth noting that he lost money, was emotionally hurt, and felt like a fool, likely. That is awful, but to me is a lot better than being physically assaulted and battered, and sometimes killed after being sexually abused. Or am I missing something?
I have seen men taken for a ride by women all my life, and when I was much younger I used to actually get a chuckle out of it. Long ago... like 20 years. Now I just view it as a hazard of the game of life. I wouldn't have married her, but I admit, I have been burned big time by partners, and I luckily was never interested in marriage. In the end, I realized why, which was that we weren't meant for each other. One time, I ended up with, for me, huge debts, and they were for things I didn't want to buy in the first place, but agreed to do so... I was a fool, imo. I saw that I had been and I got out of the relationship. But I later marvelled at how many years it took for me to realize something that on reflection seemed so obvious. You sometimes think, if I just fix this one thing then it will be okay. Don't do it. It will never end. In my current relationship, we accepted each other right away. Nothing to fix regarding our love. Things to fix, for sure, but not the key things, and that was what I had always dreamed I'd find. Blessed beyond gratitude is how I feel.
Boys, women don't punch each other out in primary school, they plot and scheme instead, and by the time the age to date comes along, they are so far ahead in the arena of mental gymnastics and verbal combat that you shouldn't even bother trying to better them. It is just my opinion, of course. I didn't feel I was even reasonably on top of things till my early thirties. Then, of course, my love arrived. When I was ready. But when I was 18, I was still quite a sucker. It is okay to trust, and be open, and the thing I found to be critical is to recognize and do something when you first become aware that someone has broken your trust. Then be alert. And don't let it go on. Or you'll see what happens, and you don't want to.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Thanks for your response. The post was about sexual predators...not about rape per se. That seems to be what you missed. Also alot of my emphasis in several of my posts was that the male in this social structure is the most easily disposable and expendable commodity. No safety nets put under them after age 18 as is done to others.

This type of "Economic Rape" and sexual predatory behavior is in fact predicated on male ignorance of many things and my friend fell into it twice before he even began to learn.

Socially we are conditioned not to think it is possible for a woman with social skills to be a predator...or rapist. Even using sex and sexuality to accomplish this rape or victimization.

Yes he walked into it ..no doubt ..twice. Just like alot of "rape victims" he was walking along doing what he thought he is supposed to be doing. What he thought was normal...socially normal. Isnt that precisely what happens to many rape victims??? In their ignorance they put themselves unknowingly into compromising situations. They fall prey to a predator. Yes??? They do most of the work for the predators themselves!!???

If this happened more often to women...there would be a outcry..public ..focus groups...congressmen and senators...public moneys..etc etc etc... New instruction in public schools ..etc etc...ad nauseum...

For the male in this world...nothing. Male disposability and expendability!

IN keeping with the topic of this thread...who is smarter here and who is dumber by a long shot.???? Irregardless of brain capacity/volume????

I would say that men need a social program backed by Congress ..complete with funding to educate them on this line of thought so that they dont become victims at such a young age...you know what I mean...a government "safety net" so that they dont have to hit the concrete so hard so many times before they catch on.
This way men dont have to start over so many times ..from scratch. They have a government safety net to help them.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Can I ask a question?

Why is it sexist to study the different physical and mental attributes of the two sexes?

Excellent point. What or why do you think this is???

Orangetom

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join