It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hard to belive.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 12:23 AM
link   
i have been lurking aroud this forum for some time,i have enjoyed much of what ive read though have found it difficult that some people in here actual belive their own nonsence.
most would rather belive that aliens created us over a loving GOD. why?
is it realy so hard to belive in GOD?
i did not grow up as a christian,in fact i honestly belived they were evil (and by some of the posts in here i can see some of you still belive that) ive tried most of the feelgood idealism belifes,all have fallen short of the grace of my GOD.
i truly sought for an answer to my questions and have found it.i have tested my faith,and it has prevailed.
i can give you the history of many many regelious belifes,and the history of their leaders. and if peopel have actualy done research on these belifes they would run from them, and into the arms of our savior YESHUA.
though i might add that ive seen quite a few attacks against non-christians as well ,(and i truly hope that you dont take this post as an attack,only as an observation) this is wrong!and i would urge my brothers to stop such behavior!,though speak the truth in love.
well enough gabbel from me tonight my friends. please feel free to respond.
friend to all,
rember to keep your eyes crossward.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I think your eyes must be cross, because...Man God sure killed a lot, and has asked for many sacrifices, from doves to Lambs....he's had the Israelites commit genocide...he's even mass-killed the Israelites when he tired with their insolence, this "loving" god seems quite sociopathic.

He seems more like a psycho god in a veiled polytheism to me...I bet that is the "vatican's big secret"....

Just like Freemasons "worship the devil"
the Pope and the rest of the higher up really know the truth, that there are many gods and GOD just banished the rest. :p

Eh I don't REALLY believe that, because I don't believe the Christian god is literally the truth, but the Christian GOD is by no means Loving, what a load of Bunk, and surely there are polytheistic tendencies in christianity, after all even Jesus's name came from converted Pagans.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 12:58 AM
link   
this coming from one who stated in a previous post that he had no knowledge of bibical history?
well,you have proven that true.
prehaphs you should do that reasearch ive been talking about?
then aproach me with wisdom,not empty words.
also try rereading your posts and see if you have caught as many of your contradictions as i have.
your friend crossward.
ps...why such harsh attacks?

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 01:02 AM
link   
My contradictions? Why not re-read the bible....good god talk about contradictions...what I meant by biblical history, is I don't know what happend at say year 0 in the Bible...I still have enough common sense to see that
GOD
is nothing but a vengful meglomaniac. Killing thousands if not millions until finally ALL believes he is all that matters. As soon as someone steps against this vengeful slaughter, he banishes him from heaven.
No...I prefer logic, and logic dicates life is cyclical just as EVERYTHING else is...so don't get your hopes up on going to heaven.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 01:27 AM
link   
ok,so if you dont belive in HIM,why are you so defensive? or if you belive that HE is one of many gods(as you have stated in the last post) and HE is sooo vengeful and arrogant,and kicks out of heaven anyone who dosent conform to HIS way,
why havent the other gods come against HIM? where are they?
their is one who calles himself god,lucifer.
and excuse the blunt matter of speaking,he hasent the balls.
im sure we'll be in touch,though meanwhile ,gather your thoughts,what excatly do you belive?,and why,i truly would like to know where youre comeing from that i might better understand your perspectives. till then. later.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I've already stated exactly what I believe, you need only search my posts....I think it's the one on "what do you think" by Kim or something like that, and I guess you don't know much of Masonry
....regaurdless my only argument to you is Jesus was not poor, and now that God is not Loving :p (At least not the god in the bible...but then that's a man made book)

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 02:10 AM
link   
you have no ideal of jewish cerimony or history,for instance,did you know that every man was REQUIRED by jewish lawto build his own house before he married,id say there wasnt too much need for carpenters if men built their own houses.
also concerning wealth,try reading luke 9:57-58. hmmmm.
also if jesus was so revered,for being the decendant abraham,and david,why did HIS own peopel crucify HIM?
It helps to know what your talking about.
also if Much like unions today, Rome had its Colleges of labors, such as Masonry and there were also colleges of Carpentry and other sciences. then i would say you have proven my point that carpenters were a dime a dozen.
later.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 02:29 AM
link   
..don't believe it.
Seems fairly straightforward.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 03:02 AM
link   

CrossWard said...
also if Much like unions today, Rome had its Colleges of labors, such as Masonry and there were also colleges of Carpentry and other sciences. then i would say you have proven my point that carpenters were a dime a dozen.

LOL My good man...i do know what I'm talking about, just because you can spout off some minute useless detail of proping up some shoddy housing, probably with the help of the local Carpenter.

Now anyways...the colleges were EXTREMELY influential which is eventually why all but the College of Architecture (StoneMasonry) survived, that was all that rome needed....and they survive to this day.

You know you look at your bible...and get 15th hand knowledge, I do know what I'm talking about my friend...Freemasonry is 3000 years old after all.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 12:20 PM
link   
well,i as well know what im talking about, GOD has been around since before the mesure of time,much longer than a mere 3000 years.
by the way, you stated , and please allow me to quote you, "you look at your bible...and get 15th hand knowledge" than you stated that ,and again please allow me to quote you,"I do know what I'm talking about my friend...Freemasonry is 3000 years old after all. " well tell me, how many times has your knowledge been passed down? or would have me to belive you were there at its birth?
rember my friend...substance.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 12:25 PM
link   
oh, and by the way as i have stated earlier,YESHUA was NOT a carpetner.
so really any any reference to HIM being wealthy, because of this trade, is invalid.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It is the nature of God in the Old Testament that caused me to reject conservative beliefs. I'm not hardcore anti-religion though. In a way, that is just as narrow-minded and bad as being a hardcore conservative religious person. Just believe what you want to believe. Discuss and debate, but don't try to force anyone to accept your beliefs. I agree with Estragon on this one.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 01:38 PM
link   
im not here to force anyone to accept my views,this is as stated on th heading a"� Religion & Spiritualism" fourm. only stateing my observations. if one feels forced to accept my views, its not my doing. perhaphs its something deeper? im free to open debates concering any body
elses views, though we may not agree,there should be an equal messaure of tolerance on both ends. that was merely my point to this post.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Man is Infinite
God is More
Religions are Neither

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Okay, sorry, no offense CrossWard.

If religions are neither more nor infinite, then what are they
Seriously, it seems to me that most organized religions are more about controlling people than about finding some deeper truth. I find it easier to believe in the existance of a God than in a bunch of farfetched alien conspiracies. Maybe aliens from outer space have something to do with the beginnings of humanity though. Maybe God is an alien. The Biblical God is not from Earth, right? He existed before the Earth.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hmm CrossWard, I'll use this to transfer over my views from the "archaeological evidence of jesus" posts...since you've decided to attack my groundings in claims that Jesus was rich...and in fact a Lord. YES!!! A LORD!!!

Hmm didn't I write somewhere his lineage? I mean after all Joseph was traveling to Nazareth or whatever BECAUSE he was a decendent of King David. You should go read that...even in the bible Jesus is at the least an Earl, possibly even a Duke.

Oh yes reason I'm posting it here...

CrossWard said
only stateing my observations

Well so am I, and my observations among many other peoples observations, have led to that conclusion.

Afterall Buddha was a Prince, and in fact....Jesus is the ONLY commoner in pretty much any religion, Moses was heir the the Throne of Egypt...I doubt very much that the masses would look to their saviour, in a filth covered peasant.

Sincerely,
no signature.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Freemason ... you have an unusual distorted grasp of christiniaty.

Firstly there were/are a heck of a lot of people who are decentents of david, they are not royalty in the manner you envisage at all. Just ordinary people.

Whether Jesus was a simple carpenter or an archetect makes no difference to his message. His underclotes of seemless cloth showed he had some wealth, but that may have been given to him.

He lived in Nasareth, which was a pit, (BTW it still is a rocky barren place) even the locals siad "Can any good come from Nasareth". Hardly the place for a 'lord' to live.

Finally Moses was an heir but not by birth but by adoption...

Its amazing what people try and twist to fit their wacko religious theories...

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 09:23 PM
link   
freemason i dont know where your lodge is but ours here has a very strong beleive in god... they even say to put god before your group... but he gave his only son that says a lot...

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I have to go with wetdog on this one Freemason, my father wore the ring whose symbol you maintain as an
Avatar. You do not seem to be presenting your system of belief; rather it seems you are presenting a personal opinion. Perhaps it would be more appropriate to modify your avatar?

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Netchicken, well said! Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, but he didn't need material wealth to touch people's lives. Nowhere in the gospels does it say that Jesus had any riches at all - on the contrary! Jesus went from place to place teaching and healing the sick. In Luke 9:58, Jesus says,"Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." (NIV)

Jesus relied on his Father in Heaven to supply all he needed. (See Luke 12:22 - 34) We can follow this example - after all, if we are "adopted" by God as his sons and daughters, are we not in his royal family? Our treasures are in heaven. We don't need earthly wealth to live a fully secure life.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join