It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shuttle Atlantis launch, keep your eyes peeled!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hi guys,

In the UK here i have just visited the NASA website and Atlantis is in prep to launch later today. This to me is very important and I know i'm going to try and keep my eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary.

Perhaps as the mission progresses we could use this thread for any updates of what people might have seen, maybe hints & tips of the best way to look for these anomalies and other general mission theories.

I for one am really looking forward to this because some of the most convincing footage i have seen has been taken from these missions, let's see if we can spot them before they do!!

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I believe some of the media stated earlier they were still going to launch even though there were still worries about the power cell that caused the earlier postponment? seems a little strange to me that they are still prepared to take this kind of risk after loseing two of these things one of which wasn't that long ago

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
You never know when something anomalous will happen.

Just be prepared to grab a screen shot or three when it happens.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Could someone tell me what the best way to view the mission?, is it NASA TV?, and how do i record it on my PC or snap a screenshot?, never actually done it before.......

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
First thing you need to do is go to the NASA T.V. Landing Page.

Here ... www.nasa.gov...

Select the options and then watch. Hopefully you have a relatively High speed connection.

When you see something you want to keep a picture of , just like taking a snap shot with a camera , simply press the 'Print Screen' button on the keyboard and then open Paint or similar program and 'Paste' the image. From that point you can crop and save.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It's T- 25 minutes or so now.

Either it's going to get real exciting really soon or all of us NASA T.V. Fans are in for a boring day!

I notice the Turkey Vultures are in full force today as usual.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well It's official ... The launch is scrubbed for 24 hours.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Damn!!,

I was afraid of that, why on earth have they scrubbed it?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think part of the problem was this ECO Sensor #3 glitch and some weather.

spaceflightnow.com...

But don't hold me strictly to that because I admit I wasn't fully paying attention when the call was made on NASA T.V.

Edit: NASA T.V. launch coverage is scheduled to resume at 5 am ( EST I presume ).

[edit on 8-9-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The universally despised eco-switch sensor mechanism in the aux tanks. The engineers hate the dang things and they've been trouble for a long time (finicky, unreliable readings, and difficult to reach/diagnose/repair_replace).

Most (but not the politically powerful) engineers want to "Go" anyway, but over-caution rules (i.e., "rues") the day...

perhaps manana...

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Congrats to Atlantis (what a beautiful, elegant ship she is), her crew, and all the support staff for a flawless, awe-inspiring launch.

Maybe they've got something better than a cell phone camera to take video of 'anomlies' this time (see the NASA video thread).

Safe journeys, all...

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
To bad that nothing was shown on NASA T.V. , however , about 10 mins ago at 12:35 pm Central Time ( U.S.A.) , Commander Pavel Vinogradov reported to NASA Control an Unknown Object.

He said in Russian and it was translated over the Air (paraphrasing) , " We have an unknown object. We don't know what it is ... If no one knows what it is ... then no one cares. Do you have any questions ? "

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hehehe. A Russian sense of humor. Can you get a recording of what he said, to save for prosperity?

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
No I can't , I can only get the live stream at the moment. When I tried to scan back I lost the feed and it restarted.

It was said in all seriousness however.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Oh yeas, just to clarify, I didn't mean that the Cosmonaut was kidding around. I meant that he reported the UO in a manner that poked fun at how his controllers would try to ignore it.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yeah Ectoterrestrial that's the way I took it too.

Of course the answer from Mission Control was "No questions."

( Really what would they do anyway fire Hydrazine Ice crystals out of the RCS Jets at the unknown object? lol )

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Very interesting, the NASA dudes are obviously aware that we are listening to everything they say and do and are dodging the matter somewhat.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I just saw on the morning news, a ball of light go flying by the ship while
they were spacewalking.Nasa would say ice im sure.

top topics

join