It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Four Most Loving and Powerful Beings in the Universe?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Greetings dbrandt

Originally posted by dbrandt

Originally posted by GreatTech
Devotion to the "Rosary" has helped my life in greater ways.

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions,......................

That quote from the Gospels is not, on one level, in reference to repetition of Mantras, which is the practice in which a Mala or Rosary is utilized.

Said quote from the Gospels, on one level of interpretation, is in reference to Prayer, which is not necessarily the same as the repetition of Words of Power(Mantra).

Prayer is mostly for the petition to the Divine in order to bless something; or to ask protection from malevolent forces such as demons, witches, black magicians, etc.

We only need to ask our Father/Mother Who is in Heaven once for such things, as He/She hears us the first time(so we don't need a Rosary for such Prayers).

In fact, the Gnostic Master Samael Aun Weor taught that The Pater Noster or Lord's Prayer, should be recited with Supreme Devotion and Profound Meditation on each part of the Prayer, very slowly, and only once.

But he also taught us to utilize repetitions of Mantras such as Om Mani Padme Hum.

Mantra is based on the science of Sound-Geometry in order to manifest aspects of the Divine within ourselves, which is not necessarily the same as Prayer per-se'.

If anything, in reference to both Prayer and Mantra...

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions

...Master Yeshua is telling us to not Pray or recite Mantras mechanically(in vain); meaning that both should be recited with Consciousness, and in Meditation with Supreme Devotion to and rememberance of Our Father Who is in Heaven.

In other words: As for Mantra, recite them; but don't recite vain repetitions of them.

For Prayers... reciting them once, is all that is needed(just be sure to perform them Consciously, and not mechanically).

Regards

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
In other words: As for Mantra, recite them; but don't recite vain repetitions of them.

[

I agree it means don't pary a vain prayer. But I also believe it is referring to prayers that are merely meaningless repititions.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
truth was the first being. before it created anything, even time, it came to the conclusion it did not want to be alone, and it wanted to belong. it wanted to be accepted for what it was, as do we all. but there was nothing else. the first observer, the prime soul, needed to be loved in order to continue. so the first one created love.

love was the second being. but with it came it's polar opposite, which truth was ignorant of. yes truth knew all that was, but only through comparison to all that existed, which in the beginning was only the truth, the lonely truth. so when love was created, so that truth would not be alone, but would have the love it needed, fear came unto existance. But truth could not comprehend fear, for how could the truth fear the truth?

fear was the third being. and when it was rejected by truth because it could not comprehend truth fearing truth, fear created hate, because it resented truth for not knowing or acknowledging, or recognizing fear.

"look i fear" is lucifer.

"satan" is hate, the mask of fear, the deciever of old, the accuser of truth, the manipulator of fear.

hate is not real, and not truth's creation.

there are not 4 most powerful, only 3, the trinity.

truth , love, and fear.

truth loves fear, now.

truth fears losing love, now.

truth loves truth, now.

love fears losing truth, now.

love sees the truth of fear, now.

love loves truth, now.

love loves fear, now.

fear loves truth, now.

fear fears losing love, now.

fear fears losing truth, now.

fear loves love, now.

the three of them are the end all be all top and bottom, beginning and end.

hate was never real, and fear approached hate, fear was naked and armed only with the truth, and fear conquered hate with the knowledge of love, and truth.

the most powerful 4?

truth, love, fear, and you!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

UnrealZA, thank you for your comment. But did you answer my question?

Hail Mary for carrying Jesus Christ, Christmas, and Easter!!!

She must have at least one special place in your heart for what She did and does!!!

I apologize for this late reply. My work does not allow me to post much so please have patience when asking me a question and I do not respond right away.

I have already stated that Mary is Blessed. This though ends at her death for she is nothing other than a sinner who died in need of salvation. She needed salvation just as you and I.

Jesus has a special place in my heart and again Mary is blessed among women for what God called her to do but she is not doing anything for me or you now.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnrealZA

She must have at least one special place in your heart for what She did and does!!!

I have already stated that Mary is Blessed. This though ends at her death for she is nothing other than a sinner who died in need of salvation. She needed salvation just as you and I.

Jesus has a special place in my heart and again Mary is blessed among women for what God called her to do but she is not doing anything for me or you now.

As I age, I am recognizing the very distinct differences between Catholicism and Protestantism. Protestants even go so far as to say Catholics are not even Christian, when, in fact, it is the first Christian religion, and currently has over 1 billion baptized members, more than any religious denomination in world history.

UnrealZA, remember that you can pray to Saints and the Blessed to intercede for you in prayer. Mary, although not quite at the Spiritual Level of Jesus Christ, can intercede for all people in prayer. She has assisted in blessing people of all faiths, especially Catholic, as more Catholics are devoted to her than that of any other religion.

Two very common and very effective Catholic Prayers are the Hail Mary and the Penitential Rite.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   

As I age, I am recognizing the very distinct differences between Catholicism and Protestantism. Protestants even go so far as to say Catholics are not even Christian, when, in fact, it is the first Christian religion, and currently has over 1 billion baptized members, more than any religious denomination in world history.

UnrealZA, remember that you can pray to Saints and the Blessed to intercede for you in prayer. Mary, although not quite at the Spiritual Level of Jesus Christ, can intercede for all people in prayer. She has assisted in blessing people of all faiths, especially Catholic, as more Catholics are devoted to her than that of any other religion.

Two very common and very effective Catholic Prayers are the Hail Mary and the Penitential Rite.

Thanks for the reply.

First, Roman catholicism is NOT the first "religion". "Catholic" means "universal" so to be a BELIEVER in Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior is to then be Catholic, which is then the oldest "religion".

Second, your argument about there being 1 billion Roman catholics is called Argumentum ad Populum and it is a fallacy. In other words because there are 1 billion Roman Catholics then Roman Catholicism must be true is in error. Something that is popular does not mean it is true, here being the TRUE religion.

Third, no where in Scripture are we told to pray to saints. No where does it state that Mary intercedes for us. To pray to the dead is a sin, to pray to another is also a sin. So when you bow and pray to Mary or to Peter, are you doing Gods will or sinning against Him?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply.

First, Roman catholicism is NOT the first "religion". "Catholic" means "universal" so to be a BELIEVER in Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior is to then be Catholic, which is then the oldest "religion".

I never Stated that Catholism was the first religion; I stated that it was the first Christian religion.

Second, your argument about there being 1 billion Roman catholics is called Argumentum ad Populum and it is a fallacy. In other words because there are 1 billion Roman Catholics then Roman Catholicism must be true is in error. Something that is popular does not mean it is true, here being the TRUE religion.

When something is so large, it must be at least doing something right. After all, the Universe is Infinite in size. Catholics, including Popes, have made serious mistakes; haven't we all? Catholicism is such a great religion that it has survived from the Pentecost (33 A.D.) to the present with its huge following.

Do you think that God created 99% of the people to be ignorant, while only 1% to be enlightened. I personally believe that God helps everybody towards the truth, and not just one person or a small group.

I imagine there is a Latin term that equally counters or more than counters the Argumentum ad Populum fallacy.

Third, no where in Scripture are we told to pray to saints. No where does it state that Mary intercedes for us. To pray to the dead is a sin, to pray to another is also a sin. So when you bow and pray to Mary or to Peter, are you doing Gods will or sinning against Him?

Are you saying the Immaculate Mary, Peter, other Saints, Blessed, and other people including your greatgreatgreatgrandparents are dead? Do you not believe that God cares for His creation, including all human beings and other life forms. Each human and other life form needs as much prayer and devotion from others that have passed on as much as possible.

Intercession has been proven an effective means of prayer in the Catholic Church and in my life.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I stand corrected. Yet Roman Catholicism is NOT the first Christian religion......Christianity is!

God has not called ALL people to Truth (Christ) but only the elect.

Peter, Mary and my father are all dead, yes. They are dead physically yet their spirit may be with God but they are not able to do anything with my or our prayers.

We are to pray to no one outside of God for He alone can answer prayer. Jesus is our Intercessor, not Mary, Peter, Jude nor anyone.

Again your Roman Catholic beliefs about these issues comes from traditions made by men, not based on Scripture.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
UnrealZA, Scripture is Divine, written by Divinely inspired men. Do you not think that traditions can be Divinely composed by men? Or do you believe that once Scripture was completed, that Divinity disappeared from men for Eternity?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

UnrealZA, Scripture is Divine, written by Divinely inspired men. Do you not think that traditions can be Divinely composed by men? Or do you believe that once Scripture was completed, that Divinity disappeared from men for Eternity?

Tradition is not God Breathed as Scripture is. If tradition, oral tradition, is to be on par with written Scripture then why not reply just on oral tradition?

God chose the written word, out of many other ways, to communicate His message to people. Roman Catholic apologists will state that Holy Tradition picks up where Holy Scripture leaves off, they are like two streams flowing into the same pool, they are equal.

Rome holds this to be true because it relys so much on traditions, like Mary being Immaculate or prayer to saints or indulgences and from this Rome gains power and wealth. Yet these traditions conflict with Scripture. Traditions are fine but Scripture is the final court of appeal.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I believe with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength that, in order, God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the Virgin Mary are. By the way, I equate extreme and true love with extreme and true power.

What do you think?

I believe with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength that, in order, George W Bush, Dich Cheney, the Holy Rumsfeld, and the Virgin Condalisa are.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp
or
Moe, Larry, Curly-Joe and Shemp
or
Moe, Larry, Curly, and Curly Joe.

I know they are loving and caring after fighting off Frankenstein, The Wolfman, and countless Sultans looking for their treasure.

Or maybe, it's the Power Rangers, minus that cocky Red Ranger.
I alway hated that guy

[edit on 23-9-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Tradition is not God Breathed as Scripture is. If tradition, oral tradition, is to be on par with written Scripture then why not reply just on oral tradition?

God chose the written word, out of many other ways, to communicate His message to people. Roman Catholic apologists will state that Holy Tradition picks up where Holy Scripture leaves off, they are like two streams flowing into the same pool, they are equal.

Rome holds this to be true because it relys so much on traditions, like Mary being Immaculate or prayer to saints or indulgences and from this Rome gains power and wealth. Yet these traditions conflict with Scripture. Traditions are fine but Scripture is the final court of appeal.

UnrealZA, if all the Bibles of the world disappeared, which faith would you depend on for the most inspiration, Catholic or Protestant? Catholics realize that Life has continued and that Spirit and Inspiration always remain.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

UnrealZA, if all the Bibles of the world disappeared, which faith would you depend on for the most inspiration, Catholic or Protestant? Catholics realize that Life has continued and that Spirit and Inspiration always remain.

GreatTech, I am fairly upfront and to the point as I will be here also. This question is ridiculous...borderline idiotic (I am not calling you such, just the question). Logic would dictate that if I am an Evangelical Christian WHILE there are Bibles on the earth and they then suddenly disappeared I would obviously STILL be an Evangelical Christian.

Or do you thik that without a Bible I am lost and in need of direction, Roman Catholicism being that "direction"?? Scripture is not what saves one, Scripture is not to be worshipped but rather the One Scripture speaks of saves and He alone is to be worshipped. Scripture then is to be written upon the tablets of our hearts (memorized) so that when we have no physical Bible we have it still with us always.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
UnrealZA, do you have a photographic memory? In the truest meaning of the concept of photographic memory, I do not think that any human has it. God has beyond an Infinite Photographic Memory. The Bible was finished 1900 years ago and was Divinely Inspired, but Divine Inspiration has continued since. Do you think a blind, deaf, and physically disabled person is condemned because he or she has not seen, heard, or touched a Bible? In my belief, that person would be touched by God with Blessed and Supernatural attributes.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

UnrealZA, do you have a photographic memory? In the truest meaning of the concept of photographic memory, I do not think that any human has it. God has beyond an Infinite Photographic Memory. The Bible was finished 1900 years ago and was Divinely Inspired, but Divine Inspiration has continued since. Do you think a blind, deaf, and physically disabled person is condemned because he or she has not seen, heard, or touched a Bible? In my belief, that person would be touched by God with Blessed and Supernatural attributes.

I do not have a photographic memory but memorizing Scripture is based on study and practice and not having a photographic memory. My good friend has pretty much memorized the first 5 chapters of Romans and he is fairly forgetful.

In regards to the deaf, dumb and blind person....ALL men are condemned but by Gods grace the elect are saved. Again, the Bible is not the saving agent but the Holy Spirit is.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
UnrealZA, how do you define "elect" and "saved." Are we not all created by God, and therefore, at least in one sense "elected" and "saved." The person who is blind, deaf, mute, physically diseased, and physically disabled is probably the greatest among us all.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

UnrealZA, how do you define "elect" and "saved." Are we not all created by God, and therefore, at least in one sense "elected" and "saved." The person who is blind, deaf, mute, physically diseased, and physically disabled is probably the greatest among us all.

The question is not how "I" define elect and saved but how does Scripture?

Scripture speaks of the "elect" as those whom God has predestined for salvation. They are His "chosen", His select and Beloved ones. The greek word is "eklektos" and means "select, by implication, favorite". It is used here in these few passages.

Matt 24:22
22 "Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.
NASU

2 Tim 2:10
10 For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, so that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory.
NASU

Titus 1:1
Paul, a bond-servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the faith of those chosen of God and the knowledge of the truth which is according to godliness,
NASU

Those whom God has chosen He also predestined for salvation.

Rom 8:29-30
29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;

30 and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.
NASU

Eph 1:5-6
5 He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will,

6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.
NASU

So yes God has created us all but He, in His Divine and Soveriegn Will, has chosen His elect and predestined them for salvation from the four couners of the earth.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
UnrealZA, you are obviously Protestant. I am obviously Catholic. Do you think an all-loving God who created life forms throughout Infinite Universes loves parts of His creation and hates other parts? Do you not think that God loves a diseased homeless person as much as an emperor of 20 nations? Do you not think that God cares about all of His creation? No life form ever permanently dies nor does any life form permanently stay in Hell. Not just a few are "elected" and "saved" but we are all elected and saved and beyond that, Glorified in God's name and the Holy Trinity's name in God's Infinite Kingdom.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   

UnrealZA, you are obviously Protestant. I am obviously Catholic. Do you think an all-loving God who created life forms throughout Infinite Universes loves parts of His creation and hates other parts? Do you not think that God loves a diseased homeless person as much as an emperor of 20 nations? Do you not think that God cares about all of His creation? No life form ever permanently dies nor does any life form permanently stay in Hell. Not just a few are "elected" and "saved" but we are all elected and saved and beyond that, Glorified in God's name and the Holy Trinity's name in God's Infinite Kingdom.

Your "theology" is in direct contradiction to what Gods word states. Your theology is based on "feelings" as in, "Don't you FEEL that God should be this way....and that way, don't you FEEL this is the way God is???"

First, you FEEL that God has created "infinite universes" with various "life forms" yet God never states this so why do you?

Second, God has loved Jacob but hated Esau, remember??

Third, if God created some for damnation and some for salvation who are you to question Him? He is the Potter and you and I are the clay and He does as He pleases. If you would read Scripture more you would know, grasp and understand these things. it's a Systematic Theology.

Fourth, to claim that ALL are elected and saved goes against Gods word. Do you disagree with the passages I presented? You're preaching another gospel, one foreign to Scripture.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join