It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Four Most Loving and Powerful Beings in the Universe?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnrealZA

First, the title "Mother of God" is not in Scripture. It's a title given to her by the reasoning that she gave birth to God. Thsi though is unfounded for she did not give birth to God but rather the fleshly body of God the Son.

Second, "Queen of Creation" is not in Scripture either. It is a title given to her by those wishing to place her on a level of worship.

Third, "Queen of heaven and earth" is also never associated with Mary in Scripture. Again man has given her that title.

Fourth, What ever Bible you have given me Luke 1:42 from has added the word "MOST"....... Most likely from a Catholic Bible, correct?

Fifth, Jesus said that of John because in that day a mother was to go to her children but seeing that none of Jesus siblings were Believers Jesus placed her in Johns care. This passage is used by Roman Catholics to mean that she, being Mary, has become the "Mother" of us all. John then represents the world (us). That interpretation is baloney. It is reading into the text.

Roman Catholicism wrongly interprets Scripture in order to give power to the Pope. There is no such "church" in Scripture.

Lastly, thank you for your reply.

"In the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a town of Galilee called Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man named Joesph, of the house of David, and the virgin's name was Mary. And coming to her, he said, 'Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you'." Luke 1:26-28

UnrealZA, in response to your position, I will say the following:

Imagine the Spiritual purity and perfection of a woman who would carry in her womb and give birth to the Greatest Person Ever. God did not choose any woman but Mary, since she met the greatest of Spiritual standards. Notice that the angel Gabriel even "hailed" her. One can Spiritually conclude that a woman that is above angels, gives birth to the Lord Jesus Christ, and Spiritually pure, is the Mother of God. With her Immaculateness, she can be given any Exalted feminine title.

Why would the Roman Catholic Church wrongly interpret Scripture to give power to the Pope? I believe the Church generally interprets Scripture to find Spiritual Laws.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
We're all Mother's and Father's of God and we're all children of God when we wake up and realize that we are all God. For it is within all of us. The infinite is within your mind. Have you ever pondered infinite possibilites? Try putting infinite in front of every word that you know. Wouldn't that be placing God above all? And when one understands God, one becomes God. One is with God. If you believe in God then believe that God placed infinite in your existence for a reason.

[edit on 7-9-2006 by dgoodpasture]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
dgood pasture, I appreciate your optimism, but none of us are GOD. God is God with Infinite Love and Power, Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit is the Spirit emanating from God the Father and God the Son. It is sinful to believe that you are God. Out of pride and arrogance, I use to want to be God more than anything. I have learned from my mistakes.

There is a hierarchy in a great and evil continuum, with God at the top and Satan at the bottom. If everybody is God, how do you explain death, war, murder, hate, hunger... Nobody is God except God and only Satan is true evil.

We were created to love and worship God, the Supreme Being. Some find out about this sooner, some later. We must also love our fellow human beings.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
dgood pasture, I appreciate your optimism, but none of us are GOD. God is God with Infinite Love and Power, Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit is the Spirit emanating from God the Father and God the Son. It is sinful to believe that you are God. Out of pride and arrogance, I use to want to be God more than anything. I have learned from my mistakes.

There is a hierarchy in a great and evil continuum, with God at the top and Satan at the bottom. If everybody is God, how do you explain death, war, murder, hate, hunger... Nobody is God except God and only Satan is true evil.

We were created to love and worship God, the Supreme Being. Some find out about this sooner, some later. We must also love our fellow human beings.

No... Satan is emptiness... the acceptance of a nothing... God is infinte solidity and infinite existence, therefore infinite love and wholeness. God is the infinite universe and the infinite reality of infinite imagination and existence... God is infinity! War and destruction is man's lack of the infinite fulfilling God that is within all of us. I do not call my mistakes yours, so please do not call your mistakes to be mine. God IS within us. Make no mistakes about it, I am not making any mistakes. I have met and understand God. It's waiting for you too. It's waiting for everyone's acceptance.

Satan is the lack of God... the lack of infinity that must fulfill you.

Limitation is in the thought of limit. Why do we limit ourselves? Does God want us to be limited beings or understand its limitless, infiniteness, and almightyness, and to be one with it in this infinite eternal heaven that we are existing in.

This is not pride and arrogance, this is truh, love, wholeness, and God.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
dgoodpasture, I do believe God is within us. However, isn't emptiness part of each sinful human being? You imply that existence is the sum of fulfillment and emptiness. If we were all God, wouldn't emptiness in our Souls and bodies be zero? Wouldn't we always be fulfilled like the Infinite God? Since we are all sinners, we are not the Infinitely Sinless God.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

dgoodpasture, I do believe God is within us. However, isn't emptiness part of each sinful human being? You imply that existence is the sum of fulfillment and emptiness. If we were all God, wouldn't emptiness in our Souls and bodies be zero? Wouldn't we always be fulfilled like the Infinite God? Since we are all sinners, we are not the Infinitely Sinless God.

Yes, delightful! It would be! But you must accept God into your heart first... then you will become whole. Infinity is whole. We are human, we make mistakes... but to understand that mistakes don't exist... to lose judgement... Things are happening for a reason because the infiniteness of God is allowing them to... or making them. You are God... God is perfect... in the human judgment of imperfection we find perfection... things only happen the way that they can. There is no conceptualization of consistencies without expectation... all things simply are and must be. When we lose emptiness and accept the true infinite God into our hearts we will begin to leave sin behind... because Satan... being nothingness... the lack of infinity... will leave our minds... and so will sin.

Allow God to be within you and you are infinitely fulfilled. There is no such thing as infinite sin because sin is a derivative of nothingness... and infinite nothingness does not exist because nothing is non existent. Therefore nothing... Satan and sin... or emptiness, cease to exist when we allow infinite reality... the infinite God... into our "hearts" or our minds.

We are Whole! God is with us! We are with God! God is within us and we are within God! This is Heaven. The angels will come! We will become the angels. Infinite reality! Infinite existence... the angels are the extra-terrestrials. They are the ufo's in the sky, they are the falling stars referrenced in revelations. They know! God knows! It is here...

Infinite reality! Everything is everything... everything is infinite... everything is within everything. Nothing cannot be infinite because it does not exist! Let the truth be told... and the Earth will rejoice.

Reality of nothing = fear = emptiness = depression = doubt = hatred = hell = current Earth. Let's break free of hell!

Our lives are empty because we don't have God in our lives, in our existence, and in our presence. We only have God in our death and in our prayers. That is false. God is here... Heaven is here.

The emptiness and nothingness of Satan has fooled everyone, even the best scientists and the most successful religious leaders.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgoodpasture

Yes, delightful!

Thank you for the compliment.

Originally posted by dgoodpasture You are God... God is perfect... [edit on 7-9-2006 by dgoodpasture]

I am not God and I am not perfect, nor is any human being. I try to be Godlike each day but I couldn't even in the smallest way create Heaven and Earth. At my highest level of thinking, I always try to follow God's Will. God is so powerful that the most meaningful way of communicating with him is through prayer, which must be Spiritually, thoughtfully, carefully, and regularly practiced.

It is my belief that there will always be a hierarchical structure in Heaven and on earth, with God always top of both.

Do you think animals, plants, and aliens (if they exist) are God also? What about inanimate matter?

dgoodpasture, your intentions seem good, but to me they are misquided.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It is all God... God is the infinite existence... I speak the truth... This is what God is... We must leave the nothing of Satan behind... and let the infinite wholeness of God in. When we are whole we no longer need money, materials, power, etc. to fill our needs... that comes from emptiness... a belief in nothing. We are infinite beings... with the infinite God and the infinite creation... just believe and you will begin to change. Of course inanimate matter is. What about the sun? It gives life to Earth... it is a light being. It is of God... it loves too. All things in this infinite existence are of God because God is the infinite existence and we are here in the kingdom of eternal and infinite heaven.

Oh, and excuse my bad manners! You are very welcome.

My intentions are to save the world... I've noticed that everyone else is misguided... so I'm giving my best effort to stay calm while presenting God... it's hard... but I'm doing my best.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by dgoodpasture]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
All aspects of the central god head aside I'm going with:

Bono, Oprah, Gary 7 and of course Chewbaca.

That's my four.

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
dgoodpasture, back to the original question I posed in my post: Who are the Four Most Loving and Powerful Beings in the Universe? I believe with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength that, in order, God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the Virgin Mary are. By the way, I equate extreme and true love with extreme and true power. What do you think?

Do you deem everybody equal in true love and true power? If the Universe is Infinite, how many beings would be equal at the highest level of true love and true power? Assuming a finite Universe (I do, however, believe its Infinite) with certain dimensions, how many beings would be equal at the highest level of true love and true power? How would time be a factor?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   

dgoodpasture, back to the original question I posed in my post: Who are the Four Most Loving and Powerful Beings in the Universe? I believe with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength that, in order, God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the Virgin Mary are. By the way, I equate extreme and true love with extreme and true power. What do you think?

Do you deem everybody equal in true love and true power? If the Universe is Infinite, how many beings would be equal at the highest level of true love and true power? Assuming a finite Universe (I do, however, believe its Infinite) with certain dimensions, how many beings would be equal at the highest level of true love and true power? How would time be a factor?

Power is not a matter to be discussed... only love, respect, and value. There is only one most loving being. The infinite God that is the being within all other beings that are infinitely with and within God. Everyone is capable of being equal in true love once the infinite God is understood and accepted to be infinitely within all. I cannot even discuss a finite universe. It is false. Sorry. Reality and existence are infinite... just as the imagination is... make room for infinity... it is in our imagination for a purpose. As for time... time is not a factor... it is only here to serve its purpose. All things have already taken place.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by dgoodpasture]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

First, the title "Mother of God" is not in Scripture. It's a title given to her by the reasoning that she gave birth to God. Thsi though is unfounded for she did not give birth to God but rather the fleshly body of God the Son.

Second, "Queen of Creation" is not in Scripture either. It is a title given to her by those wishing to place her on a level of worship.

Third, "Queen of heaven and earth" is also never associated with Mary in Scripture. Again man has given her that title.

Fourth, What ever Bible you have given me Luke 1:42 from has added the word "MOST"....... Most likely from a Catholic Bible, correct?

Fifth, Jesus said that of John because in that day a mother was to go to her children but seeing that none of Jesus siblings were Believers Jesus placed her in Johns care. This passage is used by Roman Catholics to mean that she, being Mary, has become the "Mother" of us all. John then represents the world (us). That interpretation is baloney. It is reading into the text.

Roman Catholicism wrongly interprets Scripture in order to give power to the Pope. There is no such "church" in Scripture.

Lastly, thank you for your reply.

"In the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a town of Galilee called Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man named Joesph, of the house of David, and the virgin's name was Mary. And coming to her, he said, 'Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you'." Luke 1:26-28

UnrealZA, in response to your position, I will say the following:

Imagine the Spiritual purity and perfection of a woman who would carry in her womb and give birth to the Greatest Person Ever. God did not choose any woman but Mary, since she met the greatest of Spiritual standards. Notice that the angel Gabriel even "hailed" her. One can Spiritually conclude that a woman that is above angels, gives birth to the Lord Jesus Christ, and Spiritually pure, is the Mother of God. With her Immaculateness, she can be given any Exalted feminine title.

Why would the Roman Catholic Church wrongly interpret Scripture to give power to the Pope? I believe the Church generally interprets Scripture to find Spiritual Laws.

Mary's womb was no more pure than the next woman. God did not "purify" Mary and her womb because then that would take away from God taking on flesh and would contradict Scripture for Jesus, while in a flesh body, was made "lower" than the angels.

Heb 2:6-8
"WHAT IS MAN, THAT YOU REMEMBER HIM?
OR THE SON OF MAN, THAT YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT HIM?

7 "YOU HAVE MADE HIM FOR A LITTLE WHILE LOWER THAN THE ANGELS;
YOU HAVE CROWNED HIM WITH GLORY AND HONOR,
AND HAVE APPOINTED HIM OVER THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS;
8 YOU HAVE PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET."
NASU

Mary is NEVER.....EVER...said to be "above angels". Just where do you get that from? Your own personal "feelings"?

Also, the word "hail" means nothing more than "Greetings" but to be more specific that particular Greek word means "cheerful" so the better interpretation would be "Rejoice....." It was a message of joy that the angel brought Mary. Rome teaches you that Mary is so important but you can't get that from reading Scripture. She is never mentioned by name after Acts 2. Kinda odd for a woman who is suppossed to be seated right next to Jesus in heaven, eh?

Mary was a women, blessed among women surely, but she was a sinner, she had sexual relations with her husband, they had other children. She was not Immaculate, she was not Assumed into Heaven nor is she the Ever Virgin. Those are man made doctrines and titles. Mary would be angry and embarrassed of all this.

If you had no presuppositions that Mary was all these things that Rome claims she is and you picked up the Bible you would never come to the same conclusions. How could you? How could you know from Scripture that Mary was born without original sin, that she never had sex with her husband, is the Queen of heaven and earth, the Co-redeemer, the Mediatress of Grace, etc.?? The answer is, "You couldn't". You know these things, you believe these things because Rome wanted to place her there. Rome, not Scripture, makes Mary into an idol.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ummm....flesh is lower than angels? I dunno where you get that from. Remember why Satan was thrown out of heaven? Humans are better than angels.

About the actual question, I don't see how anyone can tell another being's quantity of Love and Power.

[edit on 9-9-2006 by babloyi]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
Ummm....flesh is lower than angels? I dunno where you get that from. Remember why Satan was thrown out of heaven? Humans are better than angels.

About the actual question, I don't see how anyone can tell another being's quantity of Love and Power.

If this is directed to me then I am getting it from Scripture. My argument is from Scripture.

No where does Scripture state that humans are better than angels.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Great Tech, are you a practicing Roman Catholic?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

If this is directed to me then I am getting it from Scripture. My argument is from Scripture.

No where does Scripture state that humans are better than angels.

Hahahahah...apologies! I've been mixing up my scripture. I suppose you are right, it's probably not mentioned in the Bible. For the sake of clarity, could you direct me to the passage that talks of Satan's fall from heaven? I cannot find it.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
#1 would be the FSM
#2 would be the newest diety to be added to the pantheon, Steve Irwin
#3 would be whoever invented instant ramen noodles (and if he isn't alive then the noodles will act as a proxy)
#4 would be puppies

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Mary has no power. She has no more power than the next mortal. She also has no more love or goodness than the next person for she was not chosen based on her being "good" or that she had power or love but she was chosen by God because it pleased Him to do so.

I don't think you see her power then. Mary was mortal and a sinner and yet she was Christ's mother. As a mother myself I can assure you that I am in a pretty powerful place. I gave four children life and I am raising them with my husband. I have the power to send four amazing people out into the world as adults. Mary sure did her job!

[edit on 9-9-2006 by stanstheman] I can't get the first paragraph to appear as a quote.

[edit on 9-9-2006 by stanstheman]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The argument was not whether Mary was a good mother and steward but rather if Mary can be put along side God when speaking of attributes such as love and power.

Sure Mary loved, no one is questioning that but not a love equal to that of Gods.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Sure Mary loved, no one is questioning that but not a love equal to that of Gods.

Both mothers and God have unconditional love. I disagree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join