It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Four Most Loving and Powerful Beings in the Universe?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I believe with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength that, in order, God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the Virgin Mary are. By the way, I equate extreme and true love with extreme and true power.

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This order for me: The hooker i picked up the other day (She didnt charge), Some spanish guy called Jesús that let me owe him for the dope, another hooker a few days ago, and some puerto rican guy i beat but but didnt press charges.

Sarcasm? You decide.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
May God Touch You and Bless You in the Future Jugg!!! I am praying for you to find True Enlightenment!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
How would you know what other beings exist in the UNIVERSE????
There might be a whole planet full of loving and powerfull beings?

You really dont think before you post do you?

Jesus was a homosexual, Mary definately wasn't a virgin. The holy spirit lives at the bottom of a vodka bottle. and god, well he's just a feckkin waste of time.

BTW - Your god better not touch me (pervert) and bless me (I can do that when I sneeze). I hope you get a grip and become a jehovahs witness
G

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Why not Santa Claus too ? Four are not enough, perhaps we can start a poll... I would suggest a few more names , if anybody cares... Eastern bunny, some elementals, it is a start !

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hello GreatTech,

Great post. It is unfortunate that the underlying sentiment one has when asking a question is not taken into account when reflecting whether such a question has any existential basis. I believe they do and appreciate the message you are trying to send.

You wrote:

I believe with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength that, in order, God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the Virgin Mary are. By the way, I equate extreme and true love with extreme and true power.

Historical figures like Jesus, The Christ and The Virgin Mary and phenomenal figures such as God and the Holy Ghost have, indeed, existed and continue to exist, imho. For me It was important that I try and understand each of them from a phenomenological vantage that I could experientially identify with. Naturally, this undertaking was often in conflict with a literal interpretation of scripture.

For instance, is God a personality in the human sense or is God a peculiarity that transcends human description? Do we view God as an empiric phenomenon or as a person or thing with super human ability or both?

The same questions beg answer in the phenom of the Holy Ghost. What exactly is it? How does it work? Is its behavior consistent? If we must make ourselves suitable to receive it, what must we do?

With Christ we are confronted with the dogmatic assertion that he is the Son Of God that took away the sins of the world, if so, how? Can we describe the mechanism of sin removal outside of the confessional booth? If Christ saved all of mankind, by his sacrifice why did he espouse specific behavior? Why did he promote a specific way of thinking? Are not these actions irrelevant since we are saved by his grace?

The Virgin Mary has held special importance to many as she was the mother of the Christ. Is giving birth the extent of her importance? What else has she done that was significant? Is her only importance based on the divinity of her womb?

To answer your question from a phenomenological perspective, God would be first as God is the all powerful creator of life in its entirety. Whether you call God the Big Bang or describe him in more familial terms is irrelevant to me. God is the system which makes nature [life] happen as it applies to the minerals, plants, animals and then mind. God is the source which sustains the perpetuity of life.

The Holy Ghost, imho, is the dawning of higher brain function. It is an elevated awareness or atmosphere of thought that one can become privy to once the mind has achieved optimal efficiency in operation [thought].

The Virgin Mary, the mother of Christ, to me is nature itself. It is the global womb which has given birth to life. Now we must eschew her influence if we are to attain independence or true freedom. We have been weaned from the proverbial teat by our perception and knowledge of her system of causality.

Jesus, The Christ is the achetypal super-man. He is the form that this generation of man must aspire to emulate. He is a scion of perfected humanity in thought and action.

It is my belief that the bible is largely symbolic and until a rigourous investigation of human history is undertaken those symbols will remain, largely, a mystery and a portion of mankind will abjectedly perpetuate one of the greatest theologic misnomers in human history.

Alfred Kuhn writes:

Christianity has taught its adherents, so to say, to play around the fringes of the cultural problem instead of bearing with all their psychic force directly upon its heart. It has hypnotized their devotional mentality under the spell of a promise of vicariousness which is itself subtly conducive to the weakening of the native nobility of mans true selfhood. It has made of its millions, what Nietzsche so thoroughly detested, groveling beggars, reveling in the turpitude of sin-confession and praying for God to have mercy on their unworthiness.

Kindest regards.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This is what I think, just my .02:

There are seven spirits which surround the throne of God.

They attend at the throne:

And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
Revelation 4:5

And they are also gone forth into creation:

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Revelation 5:6

Archangels: God's architects and magistrates.

Four of them 'hold up' the four corners of creation...

And three of them 'hold up' the three parts of mankind (flesh, spirit, soul)...

So the four would be the most powerful (strongest) and the three would be the most loving....

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

What do you think?

Since you speak of God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and Mary and since all are spoken of in Scripture I shall respond based on Scripture.

God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit are True Love and True Power but first and foremost they are HOLY. This attribute then describes what type of Love and Power God has. It is a HOLY Love, His forgivness is Holy, His Power is Holy, His Justice is Holy as is His Wrath.

Mary has no power. She has no more power than the next mortal. She also has no more love or goodness than the next person for she was not chosen based on her being "good" or that she had power or love but she was chosen by God because it pleased Him to do so.

The Scriptures state that Mary was blessed AMONG women but not blessed ABOVE women. Mary was a sinner in need of salvation by the One whom she bore just as all mankind did and does.

To suggest otherwise is to lift up Mary to a place where she does not belong and one is then guilty of idolatry.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well, I don't know, seeing as I'm not knowledgable about the other individuals and entities that exist in the universe.

But, if I were to make a list of people from here, it'd be;
1. Buddha
2. Jesus (I think he was just an ordinary guy, but he truly cared about people.)
3. Mrtin Luther King Jr.
4. Me 1/3 of the time.

Oh, and I equate power to meaning influence on humanity.

Jesus was a homosexual, Mary definately wasn't a virgin. The holy spirit lives at the bottom of a vodka bottle. and god, well he's just a feckkin waste of time.

There's no evidence of that.
Though I'd agree he was probably bisexual.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnrealZA

The Scriptures state that Mary was blessed AMONG women but not blessed ABOVE women. Mary was a sinner in need of salvation by the One whom she bore just as all mankind did and does.

To suggest otherwise is to lift up Mary to a place where she does not belong and one is then guilty of idolatry.

Excellent post with saying among is not above. I never caught that before. Mary is not to be elevated above or along side of God. God is set apart from His creation.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

What do you think?

What do i think? I think redemption and mercy are real.

Who are the Four Most Loving and Powerful Beings in the Universe?

Truth, Love, Fear, and Hate are the four Most Loving and Powerful being in the universe.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Esoteric Teacher, be careful on how you redefine the names of the Holy Trinity and the Virgin Mary. The names God, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit, and Virgin Mary create awe and amazement in my Spirit and mind, and many other peoples' Spirits and minds. The most legitimate of the names you use is Love, but God, His Holy Trinity, and the Virgin Mary even far exceed Love.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Greattech,

Can you please expound as to why you give Mary such lofty praise?

Where is it Biblical to do so?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
UnrealZA, the Virgin Mary has touched my Soul. Some may want their Soul touched and She will touch their Soul. Some may not want Her to touch their Soul.

Just a few of Her many titles are Mother of God, Queen of Creation, and Queen of Heaven and Earth.

In Holy Scripture, the Mother of God is told by Elizabeth "MOST blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb." Luke 1:42

"When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple there whom he loved, he said to his mother, 'Woman, behold, your son.' Then he said to the disciple, 'Behold, your mother.' And from that hour the disciple took her into his home." John 19:26-27

A well-written document defending the Exaltedness of the Virgin is at:

www.ourladyweb.com...

By the way I recite the Hail Mary almost naturally. In the end, maybe some were born to be catholics, some were born to be protestants, some were born to be muslims...

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I believe that Christ is the greatest Prophet that humans have seen. Besides him there is Moses, Buddha and a host of others that I cannot accurately discern from in any kind of ranking. Christ was one of the last and most personable of the lot and that is a few of the reasons why he was best in my mind.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

What do you think?

we as humans cant comment on who or what the 4 most powerful beings in the universe are until we have seen the whole universe, to do so before we have seen the universe in its entirety would be arrogance.

to put it correctly...

these are the 4 most powerful and loving being in your universe.

as not everyone on the planet believes in such beings anyway and there is no evidence to back up they exist.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by thesaints2012]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Groucho, Chico, Harpo, and Zeppo.

Oh, and they can all dance on the head of a pin, simultaneously.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Esoteric Teacher, be careful on how you redefine the names of the Holy Trinity and the Virgin Mary. The names God, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit, and Virgin Mary create awe and amazement in my Spirit and mind, and many other peoples' Spirits and minds. The most legitimate of the names you use is Love, but God, His Holy Trinity, and the Virgin Mary even far exceed Love.

What are they, the four of them?

What can they be, if not just the manifestation of their intentions?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
What can they be, if not just the manifestation of their intentions?

Excellent question. God has many attributes and intentions with a short list being Beyond Infinite Love, Beyond Infinite Power, Beyond Infinite Genius, Beyond Infinite Truth... I believe in the Sacredness of Names, and in the English language none is more Venerable, Sacred, or Holy than God. When I pray, like millions of others, I pray to GOD not truth as His truth has already been accepted into my heart, soul mind, and strength.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

UnrealZA, the Virgin Mary has touched my Soul. Some may want their Soul touched and She will touch their Soul. Some may not want Her to touch their Soul.

Just a few of Her many titles are Mother of God, Queen of Creation, and Queen of Heaven and Earth.

In Holy Scripture, the Mother of God is told by Elizabeth "MOST blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb." Luke 1:42

"When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple there whom he loved, he said to his mother, 'Woman, behold, your son.' Then he said to the disciple, 'Behold, your mother.' And from that hour the disciple took her into his home." John 19:26-27

A well-written document defending the Exaltedness of the Virgin is at:

www.ourladyweb.com...

By the way I recite the Hail Mary almost naturally. In the end, maybe some were born to be catholics, some were born to be protestants, some were born to be muslims...

First, the title "Mother of God" is not in Scripture. It's a title given to her by the reasoning that she gave birth to God. Thsi though is unfounded for she did not give birth to God but rather the fleshly body of God the Son.

Second, "Queen of Creation" is not in Scripture either. It is a title given to her by those wishing to place her on a level of worship.

Third, "Queen of heaven and earth" is also never associated with Mary in Scripture. Again man has given her that title.

Fourth, What ever Bible you have given me Luke 1:42 from has added the word "MOST"....... Most likely from a Catholic Bible, correct?

Fifth, Jesus said that of John because in that day a mother was to go to her children but seeing that none of Jesus siblings were Believers Jesus placed her in Johns care. This passage is used by Roman Catholics to mean that she, being Mary, has become the "Mother" of us all. John then represents the world (us). That interpretation is baloney. It is reading into the text.

Roman Catholicism wrongly interprets Scripture in order to give power to the Pope. There is no such "church" in Scripture.

Lastly, thank you for your reply.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join